Marry Me (Dramione)

By escapism-

Hermione Granger wants to get married and start a family of her own. But her future plans of wearing a wedd... More

01. The Beginning
02. The Deal
03. The Meeting
04. The One in a Million
05. The Other Woman
06. The Rules
07. The First Fight
08. The Dinner Date
09. The Confrontation
10. The Invitation
12. The Morning After
13. The Stirring Feelings
14. The Grangers
15. The First Text
16. The Approval
17. The Opposition
18. The Talk
19. The Truth
20. The Complication
21. The Wicked Witch
22. The Aftermath
23. The Noble Idiot
24. The Lie
25. The Wedding Bells
26. The Bottle of Firewhisky
27. The Confession
28. The Master Plan
29. The End
30. The Epilogue
31. THE Q&A SESSION
32. The Q&A: Answers

11. The Night to Never Forget

117K 4.4K 5.3K
By escapism-

Hermione stared at the door as she gulped down hard. There was a fifty percent chance he would be there, but then again, there was a fifty percent chance he wouldn’t. That was a fifty/fifty and it was definitely not helping her calm her nerves down. “Just, knock.” She ordered herself, lifting up her hand and punching the door lightly three times. She heard footsteps and the door opened.

“Hermione?” Harry asked, peering out the doorway to see his friend. “Hermione, how are you? Come inside,” He said with a bright smile, letting her in and hugging her.

“Hey, Harry, I’ve been good. How’ve you been?” She asked, pulling away from the hug.

“I’ve been well, could be better if I wasn’t the middle man between my two best friends.” He admitted, pushing his glasses up. “What brings you here? I’m not complaining, I’m just surprised.”

Hermione barely heard Harry as she scanned the flat for any signs of him. Harry noticed she was preoccupied to answer and chuckled.”Uh, he isn’t here, if you were wondering.”

Hermione looked down, completely embarrassed. “Sorry, it’s just … complicated.”

“Uh yeah, I heard about you and Malfoy. Uh, congratulations - I had no idea you two were even …” He awkwardly cleared his throat. “I’m happy for you,”

“Th, thank you, Harry. I know it seems all too fast that I’m already dating him and that it’s even weirder that it’s Draco Malfoy. But --”

“I know, Ginny told me everything.”

“Ginny told you everything?” Hermione raised her eyebrows as she sighed. “Speaking of your wife, where is she?”

“She’s in the bedroom.”

“I’m going to go talk to her.” She said, quickly making her way towards the bedroom door.

“Would you like some tea?”

“Hm?” Hermione asked, turning around and thinking about it. “No, let’s go out and have a drink. I think I need one.” She replied, disappearing into the door, leaving a very confused Harry. She found her friend on the bed and groaned. She walked over and climbed into bed “Hey,”

“Hey, why are you here?” Ginny asked, reading the book in her hand.

“Harry informed me that you told him everything. And what exactly did you tell him?”

“Hm?” Ginny finally looked up nervously. “Nothing,” She answered quickly - a bit too quickly. “Damn.”

“Ginny!” Hermione whispered furiously, slapping her friend’s arm. “What did you tell him?”

“I just told him you were together with Malfoy, okay?” She asked, rubbing her arm. “And I told him you two met after a one night stand and … he was curious. I can’t lie to my husband.”

Hermione opened her mouth to speak but ended up shaking her head. She sat back in the bed and sighed. “Malfoy’s having a party tomorrow night … at Narcissa’s place. You’re cordially invited--”

“Bloody hell, no way.” Ginny exclaimed with joy. “Oh, it’ll be my pleasure to attend! I’ve been itching for a party to go to, I’ve been so bored lately.”

“Yeah, well, you’re invited, Harry’s invited … Ron’s invited.”

“Wait, why my brother?” Ginny asked, her excitement cut short as she stared at her friend. “Why?”

“Well, we need to make it look like all of my friends and his friends are okay with us dating. And well, Malfoy suggested we invite Ron just to make him jealous? I don’t know. But I need you all to come.”

“That’s a bit brutal.” Ginny muttered but nodded. “I will definitely be there. But what I’m wondering is what you and Malfoy are going to do?” She asked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

“What are you trying to say?” Hermione eyes, knitting her eyebrows together. “Stop it with your eyebrows,”

“Come on, you two are basically going to be the center of the party. Everybody is going to be looking at you two, especially since no one really knows you two are together. You guys are going to be the word on the street for several weeks, you do realize that?”

“I, I guess. But what about it?”

“Well, are you two going to put on a show for us?”

“I mean, we’ll act like a couple.”

“So you two might dance and … kiss and …”

“No, no.” Hermione immediately shook her head, almost laughing. “Kiss? No, we’re probably going to dance but nothing more than that.” She said, scoffing. “I’m not going to let that happen. And you need to stop suggesting non platonic activities between Malfoy and me.” She said, getting up from the bed and stretching. “Okay, let’s go out and have a drink. I need one, especially since I just realized how much I’m going to be spending time with Malfoy tomorrow night.”

“Oh?” Ginny asked, smirking as she got up.

“Shut up,”

---

“Hey, do you have a dress to wear tonight?” Ginny asked, sitting down on the couch.

“Shit, I  can’t believe I forgot about the dress. I don’t have a dress to wear.” Hermione said, instantly getting up from the couch as she paced around the room. “Oh my god, how could I forget? It’s already four, I won’t have time to go out and buy a dress. What am I going to do--” Just as her outburst ended, there was a knock at the door.

Hermione spun around and walked over, peering into the peep hole. There was no one there. “That’s strange,”

“Who is it?” Ginny asked, walking over to the door. “Well?”

“I don’t know.” The confused brunette admitted, opening the door anyway. She spotted a white box on her doormat and sighed. “What’s this?” She picked it up and took it inside, setting it down on the coffee table as she and Ginny huddled around it. Hermione lifted the lid off and saw a note. She picked it up as Ginny immediately reached in for the dress.

Granger,

Wear this tonight. I need my girlfriend looking presentable and attractive. I wasn’t sure what color would like nice on you but since you’re a Gryffindor, I figured red would suit you nicely. I’ll come pick you up at seven, sharp. Be ready.

D

Ginny’s eyes widened as she stared at the dress. “Oh my god.” She gasped. “This is gorgeous, Hermione.”

Hermione found herself smiling at the note and quickly shook her head, tossing it down as she turned to her friend. “Wha..” She didn’t get to finish.

In Ginny’s hand was a gorgeous strapless red heartline dress with studs decorating the top brim of the dress. The dress was simple yet elegant and definitely Hermione’s style. It was safe but still had a bit of a sexy edge.

“That is …” Hermione whispered in awe, taking it into her hands.

“Perfect, oh and look. There’s a little slit right there,” Ginny pointed out. “Oh my god, Hermione, you are going to look gorgeous.”

“I can’t believe he got this for me.” Hermione said absentmindedly, smiling.

“And he got you heels and jewelry to go with it. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but could he be any more perfect and caring?”

Hermione looked at Ginny with a scowl, setting the dress back down in the box. “He’s only doing this because he doesn’t want me to embarrass him.”

“Whatever, he personally got this set for you so that you stand out and that you look the most beautiful at the whole party.”

“Just because he doesn’t want me to --”

“Embarrass him, I know. But, just … take a moment to appreciate him. I’m going to go and get ready, I will see you at the party.”

Ginny left after a while and hermione was left alone staring at the dress. It really was gorgeous. And all she could do was stare. Maybe Malfoy wasn’t so bad after all. When she snapped out of her thoughts, it was already five. “Oh, I need to get ready!” She exclaimed, jumping from her seat and running into her bedroom.

---

“Granger, I thought I told you to be ready by the time I came to pick you up.” Draco bellowed from the living room as he idly stood beside the couch impatiently. It was 7:10. “Granger!” He exclaimed, sighing as he checked his watch.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” Hermione shouted back from the bedroom. “Just give me one second,”

“You said that five minutes ago.” Draco muttered as he looked down, checking his suit in case he wrinkled it. He suddenly heard the door open and sighed. “Finally, you’re …” He looked up and felt the air get knocked out of him.

“How do I look?” Hermione asked with a smile as she awkwardly stared at him. The dress fit her perfectly - like a glove as if the dress was just made for her and her only. The silver heels and diamond necklace finished the whole touch. Her hair was in a low bun with a few strands of hair pulled out, shaping her face. She finished the whole outfit with red lipstick and light makeup. “Well?” She asked, spinning around for him once.

“Uh, you … uh look …” Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. “Adequate,” Draco finally said, giving her a curt nod. “You could look better, but I guess I do appreciate your efforts.” He said through his teeth, but in truth, he simply could not take his eyes off of her. She looked beautiful.

“Gee, thanks.” Hermione grumbled, rolling her eyes. She didn’t care much about his opinion but it wouldn’t hurt to hear a simple ‘you look nice’. She walked over to him and sighed. She took a good look at him and couldn’t help but think he looked handsome. Draco donned a crisp black suit with a red tie, perhaps to match with Hermione. And he looked effortlessly handsome. “You don’t look too bad yourself,” She told him.

“Please, I look better than you.” He said, leading her out the door. He offered her his arm and immediately apparated them to their destination.

Hermione stood in front of Narcissa’s house and took in a deep breath. “Okay, time for you to put on your best Oscar worthy acting skills to the test.” She informed him as they walked to the front.

“I’m willing to do anything, are you?” He leaned in, whispered into her ear. Hermione found herself getting goosebumps from his whisper.

“Of course,”

“Okay, follow my lead.” He said, and they walked into the house. Everyone’s heads turned on the couple the instant they walked in. Whispers and gasps filled the whole place in a matter of seconds like wildfire.

“Wow, I wasn’t expecting so many people.” Hermione whispered to Draco as she subconsciously held onto Draco a bit tighter.

Narcissa walked over to them and Hermione had to admit, she looked perfect. Narcissa was wearing a sparkling black dress that looked like the type of dress only a few people could pull off - Narcissa being one of them. “Oh, I was beginning to worry the main star of this party wasn’t going to show up.” She said, kissing her son’s cheek. She looked over at Hermione and lightly smiled. “You look gorgeous, Miss Granger.”

“I, thank you, you look beautiful.” Hermione quickly said nervously. “Uh, this place looks wonderful. You sure know how to throw a party, I hardly recognized the place.”

“Of course,” Narcissa muttered and forced a smile. “Well, I better go greet the rest of the guests. Have fun tonight,” She said before walking away.

Hermione’s eyes widened as she stared at Draco. “Do we have to greet people, too?” She asked, perusing the people in the house. There were so many faces she didn’t recognize.

“We probably should. Besides, I have to go around showing people my new girlfriend.” Draco said mockingly as he snaked an arm around her waist, pulling her close. “Stay close to me if you don’t want to get lost.”

Throughout the majority of the night, Hermione was practically dragged around everywhere greeting Draco’s teammates and friends. She was exhausted just from smiling too much and making small talk with everyone she bumped into. Even worse when they had to act so in love. She had spotted Ginny and Harry and managed to wave over at them, but being Draco Malfoy’s new girlfriend had everyone’s attention. But Hermione took note of one thing, Ron wasn’t here.

“I need a drink.” Hermione informed Draco when they finally walked away from Draco’s teammates. “Actually, make that several drinks.”

“Oh, are you tired?” He asked indifferently. He stopped a waitress and took two glasses of champagne, handing one to Hermione.

“Yes, very. I didn’t know how boring it would be meeting all your friends but I guess you proved me wrong.” Hermione stated, downing the champagne in one gulp. She handed him her empty glass and took his out of his hand. “Quid pro quo, I keep greeting people with you and you keep handing me these champagne glasses.”

“Alright, I get it. Thank you for your presence. I will be sure to treat you to dinner sometime for your hard work tonight.”

“Now, that sounds like a deal.”

Draco scoffed as he watched Hermione drink the champagne in one gulp. “Perhaps, you should slow down on those? We don’t want you to throw up or worse, make a complete fool of yourself.” He said, snatching the glasses away from her and setting them down on a nearby table. “Slow down,”

Hermione gave him a look, groaning but let it go since she knew he was right. “This party sucks,”

“Actually, everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.” He pointed out, gazing at all the people talking and laughing. “Don’t be such a party pooper, Granger.”

“I am not a party pooper,” Hermione quickly said, lightly hitting his chest. “It’s not my fault this party is so incredibly boring. All we’ve done tonight is talk to people. We’re at a party for goodness sakes, we need to dance and drink some more champagne and I don’t know --”

“Do you want to dance?” Draco asked, stepping in front of her with his hand out. “We can dance if you want to.”

Before Hermione could answer, people had begun to look at the couple. She felt several eyes boring into her skull as she stared at Draco. “Well, it looks like I can’t say no.” She said shyly, accepted his hand.

“This is what you wanted, right? You wanted to dance?” He asked, leading her to the middle of the room, holding her hand with his other arm wrapped around her waist.

“There isn’t any music playing,” Hermione chuckled with embarrassment, her cheeks turning bright red - almost matching her red lips and dress. “We look stupid.”

“There isn’t a rule that says we can’t dance without music.” Draco smirked, twirling her around.

She went along, hiding her embarrassed smile as she spun around back into his arms. “We look ridiculous and possibly drunk.” She whispered to him, scoffing at her behavior. “I can’t believe we’re doing this,”

“Why? It’s not that hard to believe. I’m a man and you’re a woman and we’re dancing together. With or without music, we’re dancing.” Draco said with a nonchalant shrug, chuckling as Hermione’s face continued to turn into a dark hue of red - making even a red rose jealous of her hue. “Relax,” He whispered into her ear.

“I should’ve had a few more drinks before we did this.” She whispered back meekly. “People are staring,”

“Let them stare,” He said, bringing her hand and placing it on his chest with his hand still firmly holding hers. “This is our party, we can do whatever we want.” He explained, his playful grey orbs boring straight into her warm chocolate brown ones. “Just look at me, don’t look at the other people.” Draco told her gently as he planted a kiss on her forehead.

Hermione’s eyes widened as she looked at him. “What --”

“Weasley’s here.” Draco informed her briskly before pulling her closer.

“What?” Hermione asked, completely alarmed as she tried to turn her head over her shoulder.

Draco spun them around so that Hermione could get a good look at Ron standing alone, staring directly at her. Hermione felt an uncomfortable feeling in her heart as she ripped her eyes off of Ron, staring up at Draco. She shut her eyes, furrowing her eyebrows as she let out a deep sigh.

“Why, what’s wrong?” Draco asked, staring down at Hermione with a look of concern written over his face.

“I, I nothing.” She muttered, opening her eyes and looking around the room. “You know, I do see Astoria Greengrass. I’ve seen her all night, she can’t keep her eyes off of you.” Hermione said with a smirk, changing the subject.

“Well, we should show them we’re happy together, right?” Draco asked, suddenly slowing down.

“What do you mean?” Hermione asked as they stopped completely, standing idly in each other’s arms.

“Don’t pull my hair this time,” He whispered before cupping her face and pulling her into a kiss.

---

mwuahahahaa. Did I pull a few heartstrings? I hope you liked this! Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback I am getting from all of you on this story, I truly appreciate every one of you! I'm just so thankful you actually like my stories and better yet, you can handle my writing and all the grammatical errors xD thank you. Please drop a comment or vote! I loveee reading all of your line-comments bc they are just so funny!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 4K 23
To get to Harry Potter, a desperate Draco Malfoy abducts Hermione Granger. As the two spend time together, they are forced to reevaluate their opinio...
49K 1.2K 15
This fanfiction is about what I think should have happens in the Harry Potter series! I ship dramonie so much! This fanfic will mainly be about how t...
217K 6.4K 26
As Hermione came back to Hogwarts for her final year, she found herself spending a lot of time with Draco Malfoy due to the fact that both of her fri...
195K 4.6K 52
Hermione MUST marry Draco Malfoy - the only wizard that begrudgingly petitioned for her who is not actively trying to kill her. If only there was som...