Adira Lupin

By -dreamcatcher4ever-

The name Adira means strong, noble, and powerful. She always tries her hardest to live up to that name, even... More

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀.
𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲.
𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲𝟮. 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝗺𝗽, 𝟯𝗿𝗱 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿.

178 10 7
By -dreamcatcher4ever-

☾ఌ☽ఌ☾ఌ☽ఌ☾ఌ☽

"𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑛, 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑝ℎ𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛."

I THREW ON a pink t-shirt with a golden brown sweater on top, matching with light blue jeans. I walked downstairs into the kitchen where everyone sat, happily eating their breakfast while making small conversation.

I sat down next to my dad, putting a pancake onto my plate while Molly poured me some pumpkin juice. "Thank you," I told her, taking small bites out of my pumpkin flavored delicacy.

"Good morning," my dad greeted, placing a small kiss on my cheek while taking a sip of his tea. "Go' mornigh," I reply, with a mouthful of food. We chuckle silently as Harry and Ron make their way down as well to eat breakfast.

"What do you say about having a day just for the two of us?" He asks, raising his eyebrows in question. I scratch my chin, pretending to ponder over the request. "Hm, I'm not too sure...will there be chocolate?" I give a cheeky smile as he rolls his eyes, "if you want chocolate we'll get chocolate." He rolls his eyes, and shakes his head slowly.

"She learnt it from the best." Sirius mutters to my dad while chuckling, trying to go unheard but I laugh anyways.

I finish eating my breakfast and drinking my coffee, before putting it all in the sink, making small conversation with the twins and their shop they hope to soon open up. "Where will you get the money?" I ask them, the question sticking in my mind the whole time.

George and Fred look to each other and back at me, "we already have that sorted out, don't worry your pretty little head about it." Fred dismissed me, as I rolled my eyes playfully. "Alrighty, but I won't be one of your test subjects, ya hear?" I tell them honestly, wagging my finger at them.

"You really think we'd test our products out on our costumers —" Fred started.
"Let alone our favorite one?" George continued as each boy laughed.

I gaped at them rolling my eyes, "you literally tested your products out on people at the beginning of the year." I scoffed.

The boys chuckled quietly, "hey, they signed up for it!" Fred mumbled.
"No one to blame but themselves.." George agreed, nodding his head as if trying to believe himself. I muttered a small 'mhm' before they walked off chuckling, something about 'we gotta prank her first when we go back to school.'

The last time they played a prank on me was third year, I was walking down the moving stairs as they poured paint on me that couldn't be washed off for a week. I was stuck with yellow paint covering my face and body for a whole week. Then a month later I surprised the both of them by getting help from Peeves to send a howler, his voice turning into Molly's as 'she' yelled at the twins for pranking me.

They haven't done a prank on me since then, because to their horror, Molly yelling at them was apparently 'too frightening.' Since then I've normally just helped with their pranks and such, each of us landing in detention all together normally.

Having detention with Snape was my favorite oddly enough, through his cold exterior I had tried numerous times for him to crack. Unlucky enough for me though, I had always been unsuccessful and I was beginning to think I was his least favorite student.

I tried jokes that the twins gave me, making funny faces, doing my potion completely wrong or completely right. None of it worked though, the only time I saw a sliver of a smile was when I told him I made a promise to dad I'd try to stop getting detention. Of course, the word try has to be emphasized.

I didn't think Snape was really a bad guy, people normally act cold and reserved because they're hurting. Like me.

I turned out of the kitchen when dad called my name, he stood by the door in his usual sweater and shiny shoes. We walked out of Grimmauld place, side by side walking on the sidewalk. Even though I was enjoying being able to hang out with my dad, it was a bit strange. We had a good relationship, and we were close but hanging out together just seemed odd.

"You know Dad I love you, right?" I asked, turning my head up to look at him. He tilted his head in confusion, "of course I do, why?" He questioned, his eyebrows furrowing slightly in confusion. "We've never done anything like this before, I was just wondering why." I stated, wrapping my sweater around me tighter.

He chuckled silently, "I thought it would be nice to just spend the time together, do you think so?" He smiled, directing his attention to the cozy tea shop in front of us. I smiled happily at my dad intentions, "I think so, yes." I skipped along to the tea shop we used to go to when I was younger.

I heard him laugh behind me, struggling to keep up with my fast pace. I opened up the door, immediately being engulfed with warmth and welcomed with the comforting scent of freshly baked goods and sugar. I took off my jacket, and set it on the back of my chair as dad handed me his to put away too.

I walked up to the counter, scanning over the menu to see if they still had the same thing I got when younger. Finally seeing 'strawberry milk tea' I smiled, placing my order as dad got a simple black chai tea.

We sat back down, each of us sitting in a comfortable silence for a couple moments gazing at the shop we each grew to love. "Why did we ever stop coming?" I asked, my eyes not leaving the small water fountain where Japanese cherry blossoms grew.

He shrugged, "I just figured you outgrew it." He sighed, tracing the wooden tables lines. I scoffed quietly, "how could someone outgrow this place?" I questioned, a smile tugging at my lips, noticing the small decorations that used to sit in here, still did.

He paused, trying to understand the question himself. I gave him a questioning eyebrow, telling him non-verbally that I didn't believe him.

He smiled sadly, a pained expression sitting on his face. "I didn't think you'd want to anymore." I quickly switched my gaze from the surroundings to him, "what?" I breathed, wondering why he'd think such.

He shrugged solemnly, "Thought you'd outgrew me, and all of this." He airily laughed, as if now realizing how stupid that sounded. I shook my head quickly, not knowing how dad could think I wouldn't want to spend quality time with him anymore.

"I wouldn't," I sighed as the lady brought each of us our drinks. "I know that now, thank you." He gave a weak smile before taking a sip out of his tea. I took some of mine and smiled once the delicious taste hit my tongue. It tasted just how I remembered, maybe even better.

"Adira, can I ask you something?" He looked up to me, as I nodded in response. "I think that everyone has noticed you've been acting different lately, your friends and I included. Is there something going on you want to tell me about?"

My stomach dropped, as I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. "I don't know what your talking about..." I muttered, looking down at my drink while stirring it with my straw.

I felt his eyes on me but I didn't look up from my drink. "Adira.." He pressed, his voice firm. "There's nothing wrong." I stated, my voice wavering. The thing was, something was wrong. But I didn't even know myself what that was, maybe that was why it was so difficult. He sighed yet nodded anyways, throwing away his tea cup and walking out the doors.

We walked and talked some more, discussing our lives at Hogwarts and random stuff. I really appreciated that he was spending time with me, I wouldn't forget it.

________________

Sorry this chapter is kinda boring, it's more of a filler and I wasn't too sure what to write. I'm not good at bonding stuff, and I'm still working on dialogue. Bare with me please! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.5K 46
Summary : your the Daughter of Remus lupin, your dad gets a letter from Dumbledore to become Defense against the dark arts professor for Hogwarts Whi...
195 7 10
"Why do you hate me so much?" "Because you took away the only thing I could call mine." - Estelle Lupin, navigating life as the daughter of a werewol...
6.2K 100 36
Hailey Lupin has never known her father, until now.. Prisoner of Azkaban || Post War top rankings: #1 remusjohnlupin 1/20 #35 prisonerofazkaban 6/1...
12.2K 410 26
Old Summary : your the Daughter of Remus lupin, your dad gets a letter from Dumbledore to become Defense against the dark arts professor for Hogwarts...