Against It All ~ Mattheo Ridd...

By hogwartswhoress

Y/n Esmeray is a Slytherin student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Y/n has a traumatic past wi... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
A/N
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Questions
* Character's *
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Author's Note
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Authors Note..
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
A/N

Chapter Eleven

61.1K 812 4K
By hogwartswhoress

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
this chapter contains the following: mentions of blood and vomit, underage drinking, violence.
__________________________________

The hallway starts filling with fellow Slytherins, agitated with being woken up. Unable to stop our shrieks, a girl in the year above, Lola Flint, pushes through the crowd to yell at us, "What in Merlin--"

Everyone begins crowding, shoving even, to see what happened. The mixture of being drunk, finding a bloodbath in our room, and moving motions causes Pansy to projectile vomit into the crowd behind us. In disgust, everyone clears out of the hallway, leaving Pansy, Lola, and I gaping at the doorway.

Attempting to process what we are seeing, the wardrobe in between Pansy and I's beds starts to shake. The shaking persists and then the doors fly open. Fred and George Weasley run out towards us, screaming with their hands in the air. Their bodies are covered in blood and they won't stop screaming. Once the twins reach us, they burst out into laughter.

"Got our revenge, Esmeray," One of them says,

"Now may we have our map back?" The other says. Pansy has a confused expression on her face, whilst I'm glaring at the boys.

"You two pieces of shit!" I yell at them, my hands trembling as they are laughing hysterically. "Why-who would do something like that?!" I continue as I punch their shoulders.

"Did you see their faces?" Says one of them. They carry on mimicking us whilst I go to look around my room for the map. I find it in my desk drawer and hand it back to them with a wide, sarcastic smile.

"Thank you, Esmeray," The twins say in unison and they begin to walk out.

"Hang on, where do you think you're going?!" I shout at them as they speed-walk away, "You need to clean this mess up!" They are already out of sight.

Pansy looks at me before saying, "Why did they do that? What was that map?"

"Uhm, nothing, just some stupid map of the castle," I say, rolling my eyes. Pansy and I look at the fake body on my bed.

"Do we have to clean this up?" Pansy asks, scrunching her face and I respond by nodding.

Then a voice from behind us chimes in, "Don't worry, I'll help you," It's Lola.

Although we had never spoken to her before as she was in the year above and very popular, we accepted her offer to help us. It wasn't the best situation to get to know her in but surprisingly, the three of us got along well...

We finally cleaned the bloody mess and cleaned the 'dead body'. It was only pillows stuffed into someone's clothes, but it looked real.

"Thank you for the help, Lola," I say drunkenly with a smile on my face.

"Of course, a friend of Lorenzo's is a friend of mine," She smiles at me. I look at Pansy confused.
"You know Lorenzo?" I ask Lola.

"Well yeah," she gives me a soft smile.

Time flew by and Lola went back to her room, Pansy and I went to sleep. 

I wake up to the sound of Pansy groaning. I open my eyes and see her leave the bathroom, a hand over her stomach.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Nope," she says as she collapses on her bed "I didn't realize how much I had to drink last night." She gets back in bed and says to me "Tell Hermione I won't be attending classes today," I nod my head and begin to get ready, with a massive hangover.

After I finish getting ready, I say goodbye to Pansy who is half asleep, and go down to the common room. There are only a few other housemates in the room and Hermione on the sofa waiting patiently for Pansy. We smile at each other before I go to sit down next to her. I tell her that Pansy isn't feeling well and she was going to skip classes today. She thanked me and went upstairs to our dorm to be with her.

Moments later, Lorenzo and Blaise enter the common room looking exhausted.

"Good morning," I say to the both of them. They mutter 'good morning' back as they sit down.

We talk for a bit before heading to the Great Hall for breakfast. When we get to our table, Lola Flint walks over to us and asks to sit with us. I thought it was kind of weird but Lorenzo seemed to be enjoying her company.

During breakfast, I get to know her more and become good friends with her. She and her brother, Marcus Flint are surprisingly very different. I noticed her flirting with Enzo which didn't surprise me at all. I was getting uncomfortable so I just talked to Blaise.

Suddenly, Dumbledore stands up and walks to the podium making everyone shut up and look at him.

"Good morning everyone, as some of you may know..."

I turn my head to Blaise.

"He talks so slow" I whispered, making Blaise laugh covertly.

"...For this reason, we have decided to change the schedules," Dumbledore continued. 

I turn my head to Blaise again.

"What was the reason?" I asked him.

He shrugged at me.  He casts a spell and papers flew all over the place, landing on everyone"

"Oh for merlin's sake" Enzo groaned. "I have arithmancy in the first period"

"Same," Blaise said.

I read through my schedule, I didn't have potions at third anymore. Which meant I didn't have any classes with Mattheo, I'm glad I didn't.

"Y/n?" I look up to see Enzo staring at me.

"Sorry, what?" I said.

"I asked you what you had for first."

I look at my paper. "Charms"

The rest of the meal was pretty boring, Enzo just talked to Lola the entire time and Blaise was asking random questions again.

"Which way are you meant to peel bananas?" He asks as he picks up one from a bowl,

"Pansy told me monkeys peel it from the bottom."

"They do," I say.

"Does he always ask questions this random?" Lola interrupts. Enzo and I nod and chuckle.

"Last week, he asked me how to spell orange," Lorenzo says. Lola laughed. She laughed a little too hard.

Before I knew it breakfast was over and we all headed to our classes. Charms class was boring, Professor Flitwick taught us the eradication spell. By noon, I was back at my dorm, Pansy was nowhere to be found so I just stayed in and read a book. Soon enough I heard the door open.

"Hey," Pansy said.

"Hi, where were you?" I asked

"I was with Hermione at the clock tower"

Before I could've said something else she was already talking about how they said I love you for the first time. It was honestly so adorable. She took Hermione to the clock tower to have a picnic with her favorite foods. Pansy had flowers, candles, and gifts for Hermione. It made me so proud of how greatly Pansy treats her, I taught her well.

It was very dark outside, the castle was gloomy and cold. Depressing. I needed to do something that isn't studying or reading. I walked through the corridors watching the paintings squirm when they saw me. It was past 9 so I had to be quiet.

I don't know where to go but I guess the library will do. It's a quiet area where I can be alone and think. Once I opened the doors to the LIbrary, the smell of books and Weasley flooded my senses. Yes, I said 'Weasley' because that family has its own scent. Fudge, sugar, marshmallows, fire, and smoke.

I rolled my eyes and sighed dramatically as soon as I saw two sets of red hair in the short distance. The twins sat at a table by themselves with their long legs stretched out. Since there wasn't anyone else in the library, I sat at a table farther away from them. I sat in silence for a few minutes, staring at the ceiling, thinking. I glanced over to them and caught both of them staring at me but quickly looked away and back to each other, continuing their conversation.

More minutes passed, the twins continuing to stare at me while whispering things to each other. Seconds later, they both stand and walk towards me. I hope they walk past and leave.

Nope. They sit next to me, one on my left and the other to my right. I rolled my eyes again and started bouncing my leg out in anger.

"What do you guys want?" I asked them both, angrily. I refuse to look at them, so I stare at the table in front of us.

"You should have given us the map when we asked," One of the twins said.

"Hmm, you shouldn't have done that stupid little 'prank' on me."

"We asked for the map, you didn't give it to us," the other one said.

"Okay? What do you want me to do about that" I rolled my eyes at them.

They both sit up straight.

"You don't want to mess with us Y/n"

I let out a laugh.

"Oof shivers me timbers," I said as I stood up and walked away. Before I could reach the door they both ran in front of me blocking my way.

"Move," I said.

They look at each other smiling.

"Do you want to move George?"

"Mhm I don't think I wanna move Fred"

"I'm not in the mood, get out my way before I make you," I look one of them straight in the eyes. I think it was the George one.

They both laugh, in sync, before one stops and says, "What can a small little girl like you do? You don't stand a chance-" I pulled my right leg back and swung it up as hard as possible, kicking George in between his legs. He instantly dropped to the floor and cried out in pain. Fred reached down for his crying twin brother, kneeling to help him.

I looked at them and laughed, stepping over them and walking towards the common room. The time was 9:23 when I got to the common room. It was best if I headed upstairs and went to sleep. As I headed upstairs, I could hear loud laughs coming from Lola Flints' room. It was Pansy and Hermione laughing with Lola. I shrugged it off and went to my room. It was kinda weird that they were hanging out and didn't tell me but I'm sure they had a good reason for it.

A few minutes go by, before Pansy and Hermione storm into our room, laughing uncontrollably. I think they were a bit drunk. They stop and stare when they see me sitting on my bed. Pansy looks at Hermione and then smiles at me, "Hey, Y/n. You can't sleep here tonight."

"Yes I can, and I will. This is my room too," I snap at her. I'm so tired of them kicking me out just so they can have sex.

"Please, get out," Pansy states sternly.

"No. It's not my fault that you guys are horny fucks. If you're that desperate, go to Lola's room." I lay down on my bed.

"It's not our fault your own boyfriend doesn't wanna be with you, and you don't have any other friends but us," She laughs as if something is funny but Hermione just smiles nervously.

"I have a bunch of other friends," I said.

"Okay, who?" Pansy asked.

"Well um uh Myrtle" I stuttered. They both start laughing at me.

"Myrtle?!" Pansy wheezed.

This bitch.

I stand up and put my shoes on, "Fuck you, Pansy."

I walk out of the room and head towards Lorenzo and Blaise's room. I knock on the door quietly but nobody answers me.

I decided to just walk in, they both were pretending to sleep. I pull the pillow from under Blaise and hit Enzo in his back with it, "Get up,"

Both the boys sit up, realizing it was me.

"What happened?" Enzo questions me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Pansy kicked me out, they are both drunk and started saying how I have no friends."

Blaise narrowed his eyes and Enzo's eyes widened in shock, jaw-dropping, and raised eyebrows.

"Well, you don't really have any friends," Blaise accidentally said out loud, slapping a hand over his mouth in realization. Enzo shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head in agreement. I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"How can I make more friends? I don't feel the need for more," I say to them, desperate.

"You're Y/n Esmeray, The richest," Enzo starts.

"Hottest," Blaise adds, twisting his head.

"Super powerful and super smart, it will be easy." Enzo finishes.

I nodded my head and thought about it. I honestly can get everyone in Hogwarts to like me, and I can help some of the girls in here. I'm all for body positivity, loving yourself for who you are, and girls supporting each other, but some of the witches in this castle aren't at their best right now. I need a lot more friends anyways, this year has been boring.

"Can I sleep here tonight?" I ask the boys, specifically Lorenzo.

"Why are you asking such a dumb question?" He rolls his eyes.

We talk for an hour or so before the three of us grow tired. I sleep next to Lorenzo, I feel safe with him, always. I am definitely the closest to him than I am with Pansy and Blaise. Blaise and I are close, same with Pansy. But, I met them through Malfoy, Lorenzo and I knew each other for years. It just wasn't the same with Pansy and Blaise.

Blaise was always funny, and he grew comfortable fast. Pansy cared about how she acted around me, she was kinda supportive and she still is. I never really paid attention to that part, she was always funny and couldn't refrain from making dirty comments 24/7. Lorenzo is a sweetheart. He always showed me my worth, he has loved me through everything and I honestly don't know how I could ever repay him. I don't think I have to, that's what best friends are for, right? He has helped me so much and I feel like I don't do enough for him. Especially since I 'got together' with Mattheo. Hopefully, Enzo and I can have a day to ourselves, we can hang out together, shop, and get butterbeer. That sounds like a nice idea. I think about how I can take Enzo out on a 'date' and make it enjoyable, but I soon fall into a deep sleep.

THE NEXT MORNING

I woke up in Lorenzo's room, he and Blaise had just walked back into the room. They had plates of breakfast and a few cups in their hands. I ran to the bathroom quickly to get myself together for the morning and rushed out to eat with the boys. We talked as we ate our food, "So, Y/n. You are turning 17 soon, what are you planning to do?" Blaise asks me.

"Mhmm, I don't think I'm gonna do anything this year."

"You can't just do nothing. Is that really what you want?" Enzo asked

"No, but honestly, I think I've been to enough useless parties," I shrugged my shoulders and looked at the floor. Even if I did have a party, I wouldn't have anyone to enjoy it. I don't even know where I would have it. Maybe this year just isn't it, it's not a good time right now. I lost my family for good, even though they never really loved me. It's just hard sometimes. I try my hardest to be strong but I have been doubted my whole life. I guess I just need to forget, move on, and meet new people.

"Guys, I think I'm gonna go and meet some new people. Wanna come with me?" I asked them desperately, I can feel the anxiety kick in. They both shake their heads and twist their faces, "We actually have some stuff to do," Enzo said, but I can tell he is lying.

Blaise looked at Lorenzo with the most confused expression ever. Enzo raised his eyebrows at Blaise and tried hinting something to him.

"Oh, yeah. Uhh, we have to do something later." Blaise said weirdly.

"Okay..." I narrowed my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows, "I will see you guys later?".

"If we finish the thing," Lorenzo said to me, with his classic smirk on his face. And with that, I said my goodbyes and went down to the common room to make some friends.

Lorenzo's POV

No party?! Not happening. I refuse to let her miss a party because of her losing her parents 'for good'. They were never actually present in her life, they were gone before they even got there, If that makes sense. She needs to stop feeling sorry for herself, and I need to stop letting her. The thing Blaise and I had to do was plan a party for her. I don't know where I would have it, but I am choosing between her house in Paris or a private island. I will not throw her a surprise party in Hogwarts, I refuse to do it. It's basic and boring, nasty and she is worth more than that. I could do her house in Paris but the thing with her parents happened and I don't know how that would work out.

"Blaise, we need to do something for Y/n's 17th birthday. She can't not have a party," I looked over to Blaise, while he is playing with the string of his pillowcase.

"That was the thing?" He asked me nonchalantly.

"Yes."

"So what exactly are you planning to do?" Blaise questions me.

"I was thinking about using one of my father's islands," I do an awkward smile, hoping he will agree. I can not plan these things by myself.

"How many guests?"

"At least 800 Hogwarts students, us included and whoever else chooses to come,"

"And how will they get there?" He asks me, of course, he is doubtful.

"Through my Father's Airbus 380, obviously," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Give everyone a free vacation?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"No, if they don't have a gift or multiple gifts worth MONEY, they will not go," I explained to Blaise.

"Cake?" He asks.

"I'm thinking about maybe four or five tiers, only immediate friends get first slices. Everyone else gets what they can." I raise my eyebrows.

"Which island? I don't think any wizard would agree to sleep a day on a muggle island," Blaise says, again, doubtful.

"Not if we go to the largest, most tropical and beautiful island. It is private and we won't spot a single muggle."

"Alright, do you have the money for this?" Blaise adds one final concern.

"Of course, I'm Lorenzo Berkshire." I do my classic smirk.

"Okay then, let's plan it further." He finishes.

We talked for a bit, planned for the party and it came together nicely. I may not be as rich as Y/n but I'm rich. Blaise and I decided to fly Y/n to the island in one of my parent's private jets. She can choose up to 7 people to fly with us. The other 800-850 people will fly on my father's plane. We have the cake, decorations, sleeping arrangements, and food arrangements planned out. I will run a few things by my parents, maybe Narcissa and everything is perfect. I will make a list of who can and can't come with us, and the secret invitations will be sent out after I speak to my parents, which is easy. The hardest part will be the Professors and Headmaster Dumbledore. All the students would be gone for 2 weeks, but Y/n, Blaise, and I will be gone for a month. Of course, she could have more friends stay for the extra 2 weeks like the three of us. Maybe I can convince my parents to have a conversation with the Headmaster.

Soon after we finish up with the planning, Y/n runs into our room, slightly out of breath.

"I have like 200 friends," She says excitedly. I'm proud of her.

"200 friends in that short amount of time?" I ask her, confused.

"It's 6:30 at night, you guys have been in your room all day. Dinner is in 30 minutes." She corrects my mistake but also rolls her eyes. She has been very bold lately. The three of us get ready for dinner and go to the Great Hall.

As we sat down, so many girls came up to Y/n hugging her and greeting her. It was strange but she was right, she did make a lot of friends. Boys came to hug her and greet her, and surprisingly, none of them acted weird about it. She genuinely had friends.

Time flew and sooner than I thought, we went back upstairs to mine and Blaise's shared dorm. Blaise and I quickly fell asleep, Y/n was still wide awake as I drifted off.    

Y/n's POV

The boys went to sleep awfully early. I think I will talk to Pansy tomorrow. I haven't seen her at all today, which was expected. She tends to hide from her problems, she also avoids confrontation and apologies at all costs. I think we can come back from the petty argument we had last night, we always overcome those.

Maybe after the fact, I will send a letter to Narcissa. I miss her, and we have both been super busy with our own lives. I want to ask her about Draco-- if she knows how he treated me. I wonder if she is okay, she was always lonely.

The next morning, I left my best friend's room, going back to my own. I needed to shower and send a letter to Cissy and speak to Pansy. I make my way towards the door, opening it to realize that the two girls were still asleep. I quietly took a shower, got myself together for the day, and sat at my desk, preparing to write.

Cissy,
I miss you so much. I hope we can meet up soon to speak about everything that happened recently. This letter will be short since I have things to do today. I have to ask, Did anyone tell you about Draco? If they didn't, please do not ask me about it. I will talk to you when I am ready. I wish for you to be safe, you mean the world to me. Please write me back, Narcissa. 

                            I love you,
                                       Y/n Esmeray

I sent the letter out to the Malfoy Manor and began to draw random things on a piece of parchment. Moments later, Pansy wakes up. She is surprised to see me since I didn't sleep in our room last night.

"Pansy," I slightly nod my head towards her, whispering since her girlfriend was still sleeping.

"Y/n," She yawns out. She then walks to the bathroom, cleaning herself up for the morning. When she walks out, I am already on my bed. We sit in silence for a long time before it bothers her, causing her to speak, "I was wrong, I'm sorry. This is your room too and we won't kick you out anymore." She looks nervous like she is shitting her pants right now. I feel kinda bad, I know she didn't mean what she said.

"I forgive you," I roll my eyes at her and smile.

We sat around and talked until Hermione woke up. Things are back to normal for right now. We talked about my birthday, which wasn't anything special. The Malfoy owl tapped it beak on my room window, a letter being dropped into my hand once i opened it. It read,

-

Y/n,
I have missed you so much. Of course, we should meet soon, we can talk about any and everything. Please do not feel guilty for the way you treated my husband and son. They both deserved it in my opinion. I do know about what Draco did to you, I haven't taken any actions or said anything either because I am waiting for the right moment. I am so sorry that my own son hurt you in that type of way. Your birth giver told me everything, the abuse, Draco, everything. It was not my place to know since it didn't come from you which is why I said nothing. Please be careful with the Riddle boy, I support you. Just be careful, Darling. I love you so very much, take care of yourself.

                            Much love,
                                      Narcissa Malfoy

I am so thankful that she wrote me back. I can't wait to see her. I will go visit her in two days. Tomorrow, Lorenzo and I are going on our 'date'. I'm excited.
________________________________

Hello everyone, I am so sorry for the long wait and the extremely short chapter. Please leave a comment and let me know which kinds of chapters you would want to see next:

Long chapters with longer waits —>

or

Short chapters with shorter waits —>

If you didn't already know, there is now only one person writing this story. I did this chapter in a few hours with super bad writer's block. I know this chapter didn't have Theo in it but we needed some time to ourselves. Please be patient with me, whichever chapter duration you guys choose, that is what I will write.
Be safe, drink water, and wash your hands. I love you all very much, take care. I will try to get chapter 12 out as soon as I can. Who is ready for a party?

Story ideas (credit will be given if chosen) —>

A/N: I decided to do medium length chapters with a shorter wait time. If anything, I will just go with the flow, but I am going to try and get out somewhat long chapters as fast as possible. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 749 33
In the time Y/n Esmeray and Mattheo Riddle hate each other and have no other intentions then staying as far as away from one another their parents ha...
542 31 13
We follow the story of a young witch named Y/N, who arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the guise of a muggle-born student. L...
1.2K 32 28
The Other Riddle By multif2xo. Starting Date: 5/Jan/2024 Mattheo Riddle has NEVER been your type. He bullies you, Calls you names,etc.. He's never pa...