Just Smile: A Naruto Fanficti...

By jarodlikestowrite

"Just smile, Naruto!" When he was six years old, Naruto Namikaze's life changed forever when the Nine-Tailed... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Friend
Chapter 3: Prospect
Chapter 4: Failure
Chapter 5: Start
Chapter 6: Slash
Chapter 7: Warm Up
Chapter 8: Genetics
Chapter 9: Uchiha
Chapter 10: Crack
Chapter 11: Shatter
Chapter 12: Promotion
Chapter 13: A Year Later
Chapter 14: Whirlpools
Chapter 15: Scream
Chapter 16: Cult
Chapter 17: Future
Chapter 18: Plot
Chapter 19: Death
Chapter 20: Bright
Chapter 21: Sparring
Chapter 22: C-Rank
Chapter 23: Belief
Chapter 24: Glimpse
Chapter 25: Blend
Chapter 26: Fortune
Chapter 27: Rescue Part 1
Chapter 28: Rescue #2/Hatred
Chapter 29: Exams
Chapter 30: Of the Sand
Chapter 31: Hint of War
Chapter 32: Underneath
Chapter 33: Burning Love
Chapter 34: Demon
Chapter 35: Funeral
Chapter 36: Farewells
Chapter 37: Shadows
Chapter 38: Questions
Chapter 39: Descent
Chapter 40: Dark
Chapter 41: Memories of Help
Chapter 42: A Promise
Chapter 43: Abyss
Chapter 44: Revival
Chapter 45: The Akatsuki
Chapter 46: Kumo
Chapter 47: Kage Summit
Chapter 48: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 49: Battlefield
Chapter 50: Checked
Chapter 51: Burning Steel
Chapter 52: Legendary Battle
Chapter 53: Duel of Fates
Chapter 54: The Second Sage of Six Paths
Chapter 55: Brothers
Chapter 56: Resolve
Epilogue

Chapter 57: God

5K 109 51
By jarodlikestowrite

"And I will make myself the First Kamikage!" Naruto declared as he gestured to himself with a serious expression on his face. Tobirama dashed forward, using the Flying Thunder God as he threw his kunai and landed next to Naruto, the white-haired Sage merely moving his head to the side as Tobirama swiped the blade inches away from his ear. 

"Calm yourself," Naruto said as Tobirama suddenly stopped moving. "There is no need to get angry. Just because you lacked the same dream as your older brother does not mean you can attack someone who will come to realize it." He pushed Tobirama away as the man skidded in the dirt.

"You want to rule this world," Tobirama growled. "I cannot allow you to do such a thing! A being such as yourself can do no good, especially after what you've done." Naruto chuckled.

"An old man past his time lecturing me? How about we talk about your faults then, okay Tobirama?" Naruto had a visible frown. "You isolated the Uchiha from the village, making them part of the Police Force in order to give them a false sense of importance. You then put them at the outskirts of the village, letting the villagers and other clans scorn them and fear them. Your student, Danzo Shimura, who I had the pleasure of killing, not only killed my sensei but also forced my best friend to kill the entirety of the Uchiha Clan because they wanted to form a coup because of the treatment you helped. 

"You are by far the worst Hokage out of the five to ever exist, and I'm glad you were long dead before I was born because if you were alive still and I knew what I know now, I would have killed you in such an agonizing way Danzo's mindless slaves would feel fear." 

Hashirama looked at his younger brother with a look of shock and horror spread across his face. "Tobirama," He spat angrily. "Is this true?" Tobirama didn't even glance at his brother. 

"It is," Naruto responded. "But that doesn't matter. What has happened has happened and there's no changing the past no matter how horrible it may be," Naruto said as he glanced at Shisui and Itachi. "But I know what I have to do. I know my place in this world and the Sage of Six Paths, the creator of Ninshu, has entrusted this mission with me." He looked over and met Hiruzen's eyes. "And I will not let him down." 

"But a dictatorship isn't the way to do things, Naruto!" Itachi shouted. "True peace can only come from love and understanding, not you forcing things to be the way you want them to be! That's not true peace!" 

"I don't care," Naruto whispered. Itachi took a step back as if his best friend had just slapped him. "I swore to bring peace to this world. If there is unity then there can be no discrimination, if the lives of children can be saved, then I do not care. I will protect this world and all its people, and nobody can stop me now." 

"Naruto-sensei. . ." Sasuke whispered as his hands balled into fists. "Please stop this! Just come back to the Hidden Leaf!" Naruto gazed over at Sasuke, meeting the teen's coal-black eyes and he smiled sadly. 

"I'm doing this for you," He said, taking Sasuke aback. He was doing this, for him? "I'm doing this for all of you," Naruto shouted. "To stop the wars! To stop the conflict! So people like Gaara and I won't have to suffer by being human sacrifices! So people like Sasuke won't ever have to lose their family in such a way again! To prevent good people like Shisui and Itachi from sacrificing their lives so needlessly! What I do will be for the good of humanity, and I know that these things will work! I just need you to give me a chance, let me become the protector, the guardian, of this world. Let me change things, let me protect you all!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. 

"I'm tired of watching this world suffer! I'm tired of watching those I care about die! I want to save this world from the monstrosities that the shinobi world will only further create! This is our chance for peace and prosperity, and I'm willing to dedicate my life to such a thing," He spoke passionately. "So I'm asking you all to just let me handle the burdens! Let me shoulder the weight of this world so our children and our children's children won't have to! I'm willing to do whatever it takes to end this cycle of hatred," He turned to Sasuke and held out his hand. "So please, trust me to do what is right. I won't go astray again, I promise." 

Tobirama, Hashirama, Itachi, Shisui, Kushina, Hiruzen, and Minato began glowing. "Naru-chan," Kushina called out in her motherly voice that she spoke to him when he was just a child. "I believe in you." 

"I do too," Minato said as he walked forward, the cracks on his skin flaking as they went up into the sky. "I'll entrust this world to you, Naruto. I'm proud that you were to overcome your darkness, and I'm proud of you, my son." 

"I guess I can't stop you," Shisui whined childishly, getting a tiny grin from Itachi and Naruto. "But if you mess this up I'm going to kick your ass in the afterlife, got it?" Naruto closed his eyes in a smile. 

"I'll accept your terms gratefully," He replied. Itachi let out a sigh as he placed a hand on Naruto's shoulder. 

"I'll trust you, but you better believe I'm going to kick your ass in the otherworld. We need a rematch after all." Naruto smiled softly as he met Itachi's eyes as his spirit rose from his Edo Tensei body. "Thank you, Naruto, for protecting Sasuke." 

"I will trust you with my old dream, Naruto Namikaze," Hashirama said, his sage-like voice filling the atmosphere. "When we meet again, I'd like to talk to you again." Naruto nodded.

"Me too, Lord First," He said respectfully. Hashirama was an optimist who wanted peace just as Naruto does. He died before his dream could become a reality, but Naruto would carry his dream and breathe new life into it. Hashirama would always have Naruto's respect. 

"If you're going to unify the Five Nations," Tobirama began reluctantly. "You better rule fairly and without bias. A Kage mustn't allow his emotions to sway his judgment." Naruto nodded. 

"But sometimes looking at things from an emotional standpoint can create newer and sometimes better alternatives," Naruto countered. Tobirama rolled his eyes. He didn't have to like the second Sage of Six Paths, but it was no longer his problem. He only hoped that Naruto would never revert back to the way he was. 

"Naruto," Hiruzen began with a soft, yet sad smile. "I know you lived a troubled life. I wish you the best and hope you can find happiness." Naruto nodded, thanking the old man for everything he had done for him in the past. 

"I'll take care of myself, mom," Naruto called out as their spirits began fading. Kushina waved at her son one final time with a soft loving smile on her face. "I promise." With that, they all disappeared. 

"Father," Sai began. "If you rule the world, would that make me a prince?" Naruto began laughing. Sasuke smirked at the question.

"I'm not sure that's how it's going to be, Sai, but maybe we will see." He looked over to Kakashi and walked over to him. "I'm sorry, Kakashi-nii, I-" He was stopped as Kakashi grabbed him into a hug. 

"Don't apologize," Kakashi whispered fiercely. "I was never angry at you. I was sad because I thought you had lost your way." He pulled back and gave him his signature eye smile. "But you've found it." Naruto grinned and turned to face the Kage. 

Tsunade, Gaara, and Samui stood, with the latter glaring at him. "I apologize for the trouble I've caused, but we have work to do. With your influence, we can begin rebuilding and unify the shinobi under one nation." 

"What makes you think Kumo will agree?" Samui shot fiercely. "You killed our former Raikage and almost ended our world!" 

"Because I'm not asking," Naruto replied easily and without hesitation. "This is how things are going to run. I'm not taking no for an answer, if you stand in the way of peace it is my job as the protector of peace to make sure you don't stand in the way." 

"Is that a threat?" Samui growled. 

"Perhaps I wasn't clear," Naruto said, suddenly standing back-to-back with the former Raikage. "But you hold no power. I am the strongest being this plane of existence will probably ever see. I don't want to kill you but I can and will throw you in prison for the rest of your life if you continue being difficult. Do you understand me?" 

". . .yes." Samui said between gritted teeth. She had no choice. 

"Tsunade, I hope we can put our differences aside and bring peace to the world." Tsunade glanced over to Jiraiya, who was standing next to Kakashi talking. She sighed. If the pervert wasn't going to say anything, then on some level he agreed with what Naruto was going to do. She let out a sigh. 

"I want to talk to you, and at all possible, advise you. You may be strong but I doubt you know anything about running things. I'd like to help this world you want to create and be a bigger part of history." Naruto gave her a genuine smile.

"I'd like that." He then turned to Gaara. "And I'd like to ask the same from you, Gaara." Gaara nodded, a small smile on his face. The man he respected and admired was back. 

"Okay, I will be on your side." Naruto grinned and ruffled Gaara's shaggy red hair. 

"Good," He then turned around to the Tailed Beasts. "I'd like all of your help as well, you've been apart of the world longer than anyone here. I don't want to enslave any of you and I want you to live in peace." 

"We will think about it," Kurama stated without much emotion. "I think we will enjoy our freedom, for now, Naruto." Naruto nodded. 

"I thought as much, Kurama. Please go and enjoy the world, just don't go smashing mountains, alright?" Kurama snorted and turned around, his massive feet causing tremors. 

"We will be going now. We have much to discuss. It's not every day we are all gathered like this." The other Tailed Beasts began following Kurama. "We will give you an answer in due time." 

"See you later, old friend," Naruto said with a smile. He then turned to everyone and clapped once. 

"Alright everyone, we have a lot of work to do!"  

And done. How was it? Good? Bad? Tell me! 

If everyone changed their minds so fast it's because Naruto did his talk-no-jutsu and it convinced them. If canon naruto can change Obito's opinion then so can my Naruto! 

But ye

Til next time my lil demons! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 1.6K 46
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
27K 562 11
Naruto's eyes turned grey. One with true horror and terror and the other one with sadness and loneliness. Will someone help this child and recolor hi...
112K 2.5K 34
It's been 19 years since that tragic incident....19 years since Menma and Narumi were known to be the only children of Minato and Kushina. But on a f...
1M 22.5K 42
Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze grew up being hated, despised, beaten, and abused all because of what he held within him. The nine tailed demon fox that near...