Hanahaki || DNF Fanfiction/AU

Per GogyStyle

WHY IS THIS STILL GETTING READS IT'S FREAKING 2022 HELP Dream grew up in a world where when you turn 16, you... Més

The One Where We Meet Clay
The One Where Dream Figures It Out
The One Where We Time Skip
The One Where They Talk
The One Where They Properly Meet
The One Where They Late-Night Call
The One Where They Do The Thing
The One Where They Meet The Parents
Dream's Backstory // SHORT
[Intermission]
The One Where They Do Illegal Shit
The One Where They Take A Hint
Intermission Numero Dos & Social Media
[Book 1] Finale
Alternative Title [Cursing]

The One Where They Simp More

3.4K 139 531
Per GogyStyle

[Meme by me ;-;]

Dream woke up to his sister crushing his stomach.

"WHAT THE FFFFF-??" Dream cut himself off, knowing that his mother would scold him for cursing. "GET OFF YOU WEIGH LIKE A MILLION POUNDS!!"

"I'm not that heavy," Drista replied sourly. "Get up, it's already 10. You slept in."

Drista was wearing her long blonde hair in a ponytail, a plain white tee and some bright pink basketball shorts. She hadn't put on any makeup with there being no need for it on a Saturday.

"You gonna get off or not?" Dream growled. "Cause I will beat the shit out of you if you don't."

"How ya gonna beat the shit out of me if I don't get off?" Drista replied smugly.

"You wanna find out?"

Drista quickly got off of her older brother, giggling as she dodged a pillow projectile and bolted out of the room.

Dream sighed and plopped his head back down on his pillow. It was too early to be awake.

He turned to his right and plucked his phone off of its charger and his nightstand. He powered it on, immediately comforted by a picture of him, Sapnap and Skeppy.

Smiling, Dream unlocked his phone and noticed a message from a new group chat. It had Sapnap, Skeppy, Velvet and Ant in it, then a few other numbers that hadn't been saved into his phone yet.

~

Sapnap: Hey guys

Velvet: Hi sapnap. who all is here?

Skeppy: Im skeppy

Ant: I'm Ant

×××-××××: Im Bad :)

×××-××××: im George

Im Dream

Velvet: velvet

Sapnap: I think we all know
who I am

~

Dream saved George and Bad into his phone quickly.

~

Sapnap: So can anyone talk?

im down

George: Yeah

Bad: Sure owo

Ant: Can't rn, sorry

Velvet: I'm busy too

Skeppy: i can chat

Sapnap: Alrighty

~

Sapnap started a call in the group chat, and everyone but Ant and Velvet joined.

[I'm gonna just put the letters of their names, so like D for Dream, B for Bad, G for George, Sk for Skeppy, Sp for Sapnap, you get it.]

Sp: "Hey."

D: "Hey."

Sk: "Hi."

B: "Hi guys."

G: "Helloooo."

D: "So what's up?"

Sp: "Nothing, I just wanted to talk."

Sk: "Dumb reason to call us all, not gonna lie."

B: "Skeppy, be nice."

Sp: "It's fine, Bad. We do this all the time."

Dream sat up and adjusted his pillow to be straight up against the wall. Suddenly, he started coughing, feeling flowers rise in his throat. The call went silent except for Bad's worried calls for Dream.

D: "I'm fine, Bad. Just flowers."

B: "Alright... You really should find your soulmate. It's getting worse and worse by the day."

Sp: "Yeah, dude. Soon enough you're gonna have to go to the hospital or something."

Dream looked down at the large delft blue, blood-soaked flower sitting in his palm. It was surrounded by three petals, which were drenched in dark red liquid as well.

D: "It's not that bad.."

Sk: "You need to find your soulmate. Seriously. I will make you kiss every boy who likes the color blue in the whole United States."

Sp: "He can't kiss every boy, dumbass!"

B: "Yeah, it takes two months off, remember?"

George had been unusually quiet.

Sk: "Oh my god I'm an idiot."

Sp: "Yep."

The ca went silent. Then, some faint yelling could be heard from someone's side.

B: "Sorry! I gotta go, lunch is done. Talk to you guys later! Bye Skeppy!"

Sk: "Bye, Bad!"

Sp: "Bye."

D: "Have a good lunch or something."

G: "Bye, Bad."

Bad left the call, leaving Skeppy, Sapnap, Dream and George to talk.

Sk: "Wwelp, this is hella awkward, so imma head out and probably eat some ramen or whatever. Bye."

D: "Bye Skep."

Sp: "See ya."

G: "Bye."

A moment of silence passed.

Sp: "Yeah okay bye."

Sapnap left the call quickly, not waiting for either of the two boys to say bye.

"Um. So."

"So."

There was an awkward silence between the two. Neither of them wanted to be the jackass to leave first.

"How much time do you have left until... You know. Your birthday?" George asked, attempting to start up conversation.

"Uh, around four-ish months, I think."

"You think?"

"I don't really keep tabs on it that much."

"You should."

"Do you know exactly how long until you inevitably die unless you kiss some seemingly random person?"

George didn't say anything.

"That's what I thought," Dream added, trying to hide the smugness in his voice.

"Dream, do you know who your soulmate is?"

Dream stopped at the sudden question. His mind ran a million question, pausing long enough for him to ask one.

"What do you mean?" He chuckled nervously, his face heating up a little.

"I mean," George leaned in closer to his phone mic, "do you know who your soulmate is?"

Dream's face got hotter. He wasn't sure what to say. He couldn't say anything. His mind wouldn't let him.

"Dream."

He knew it was meant to be more of a question, but it seemed more demanding. More... like George wanted him to say something. Not just anything, something specific.

"I-" Dream couldn't bring himself to say anything.

"It's a simple yes or no question, Clay."

The way he said that.

His name.

"Clay."

It bounced around inside his head, and blood continued to rush to his face.

He was finally able to string a coherent sentence together. "I have- I have an idea, I guess..."

George was quiet.

"Who?" His voice was loud yet soft, it was soothing. Warm. It was demanding and kind at the same time.

Nobody had ever made Dream feel like this before.

What the hell is happening?

"I- It's- I don't-"

"Clay."

"St-Stop..." Dream covered his face with his hand, then ran it through his hair. He was barely able to keep himself calm.

"Stop what?" George had backed away from the microphone a little.

"Saying my- my name, like that."

"What-" George leaned in, "-like this, Clay?"

"George, please. I can't-"

"Can't what?"

"You..." Dream rubbed his face with his hand, sighing. His face was likely glowing red in the darkened room, the only light streaming through his blinds on the opposite side of the room. He shifted on his bed, sitting up further, pushing his back up against the wall.

Dream could imagine George sitting in his own bed, holding his phone up to his lips. He could imagine a blue-based room, with George's glasses laying on his nightstand. He could imagine George's messy brown hair being combed by George's delicate fingers, which somehow still looked neat. He could imagine George's multicolored eyes, his beautiful eyes, the eyes that he could jump into and never want to come back out of. He could imagine slight hints of pink dusting George's face and ears, barely visible against his soft tan skin. And he could imagine his lips, brushing slightly up against his phone as he spoke, lush pink standing out against the translucent blue of George's phone case.

"Dream?"

Dream realized what he had been thinking about, and his face burned.

"S-Sorry. I spaced out for a second."

Dream's eyes stared at the picture he'd drawn of George, or rather, G. His eyes traced over every detail, the picture looking more and more like George.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't... know who it is. I lied, I just... wanted to make you think I wasn't a total loser."

"Dream, I don't think that," George was speaking normally now, a good distance between him and the phone. "I think you're smart, and funny, and tall... jesus christ, are you tall."

Dream chuckled a little at the comment, George joining him before continuing.

"And your fashion sense is really good, and you have great friends, and you're not afraid to put others before yourself."

Dream scoffed slightly, trying to laugh a little and ease himself.

"Not to mention you're empathetic, and honest, and- and handsome..."

"Handsome?"

"Yeah."

"You think I'm handsome?"

"Yeah," George's voice wavered slightly.

Dream's face had pinkened slightly at the compliment.

"Thanks," he finally replied.

George inhaled, "You're welcome."

There was a moment of silence. before Drista opened Dream's bedroom door.

"Are you sleeping again?"

She stared at her brother. "Oh, nevermind."

Dream pulled the phone away from his ear, ignoring George's quiet giggles. "Can you go, please? I'm trying to call someone." He avoided the word "friend," for some reason.

"Ooh, someone? Is he your soulmate~?"

Dream refrained himself from chucking his phone at his younger sister. "No, he's not! Go away!"

"Come eat lunch, dickhead."

"Don't call me a dickhead, dickhead!"

"Pussy."

"You have five seconds."

Drista bolted out of the room, laughing hysterically.

Dream rolled his eyes and put the phone back up to his ear. "Sorry. Little sister."

"I heard."

"She's annoying."

"Little sisters are annoying."

"Amen to that," Dream added on.

"You should probably go eat. I gotta go get something, too."

"Yeah," Dream stretched his arms out, "I'll do that."

Dream could hear a smile appear on George.

"Bye, Clay."

"Jesus christ."

Dream hung up, ignoring the butterflies he had gotten. He knew that George was probably laughing his ass off right now, thinking it was funny to do that.

It was, but he would never admit that.

Dream sighed as he kicked off the blanket and stood up. He walked to his dresser and pulled a dark gray hoodie out, slipping it over his tee.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Dream's mother greeted him as he walked into the kitchen.

"Afternoon, more like," Drista added, staring directly at Dream.

Dream, in turn, rolled his eyes and sat down at the island.

"I'm making grilled cheese sandwiches, want some?"

"Yeah. Thanks, Mom."

She simply smiled and turned back to the stove.

"Soooo," Drista leaned forward. "Who were you talkin to?"

"This isn't some sleepover that you girls have where you tell each other secrets and sh- stuff," Dream corrected himself, noting that his mother would get mad at him for cursing, especially since Drother had just sat down at the island as well.

"No, but I'd like to know who your soulmate is."

Dream's mother nearly dropped her spatula. "You met your soulmate?"

"No-! No, no, and no." He pointed at each of his family members as he added a "no" to his sentence. "I have not met him, I don't know who he is."

"Then who's that guy in your room?" Drother added, picking up what Drista was doing.

"What guy in my room?"

"The picture of a guy you drew. G, I think?"

Dream's eyes widened slightly and he looked away. "That's just a drawing of my... friend."

"You paused," Drista noted.

"No I didn't!" Dream snapped.

"You kinda did," Drother added.

"Leave him alone, you two,"their mother piped in. "If he doesn't want to tell us who his soulmate is yet, he doesn't have to."

"You too?" Dream looked up at his mother in betrayed shock.

She shrugged slyly, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Before anyone could say anything else, plates with one grilled cheese each were set in front of the children. "Thank you"s and "You're welcome"s were exchanged as their mother sat down as well, all of them deciding to take a break from usual sibling fights to eat.

//1935 words\\

Hey! Sorry I skipped a day or two, I was busy with school qwq

I hope you enjoyed this one! As always, stay healthy!

And sleep.

And eat.

And drink water.

I will fight you.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

16.7K 695 11
-completed- Jack looked down at the timer on his wrist and sighed. In 6 days, 4 hours, 30 minutes, and 5 seconds, he was supposed to find his soulmat...
36.4K 1.2K 16
so, have you ever wondered what may have happened if george never did what he did at dream and fundy's wedding? this fanfic is an idea of what may ha...
14.1K 581 29
This book contains strong language, blood, vomit, and fluff. Trigger warning // this book was written mostly before the passing of George's cat, so h...
860 12 13
~ "What did you wish for?" "For you to be mine." ~ One day Dream introduces Karl to his best friend Sapnap. The two seem to click instantly but their...