Ashes of Cinder

נכתב על ידי Hpalwaysss

[Yandere x Reader] Loosely based off of Cinderella || Where the godmother wasn't really a fairy godmother, bu... עוד

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue

17

3.7K 218 45
נכתב על ידי Hpalwaysss

The tea party was downright exhausting. Pretending to be some hired maid, you served the girls who would shoot you dirty looks every so often. They were loud and their giggles filled the entire room. You weren't even allowed to leave either; stepmother had forced you to stand in the corner with a teapot, serving anyone who would holler for another drink. It was actual hell and so much worse than going out to work at the market.

For once, you agreed with Rosa... those girls were annoying — even more annoying than your stepsisters, if that was possible.

At least it was over. Tiringly walking into the familiar storage room, you flopped down onto the hard mat and laid there in the darkness. Hard, stick-like material supported your head and body, but you were so used to it by now. Your [e/c] eyes staring up ahead at the grainy ceiling, you listened in to the rhythmic sound of the grandfather clock. Physically, you were tired, but mentally, you were quite awake. You had a lot on your mind, especially with what happened with Rosa and stepmother today.

"Does she truly know where I go?" you murmured quietly, interrupting the silence of the room. You wished to find out. How much did stepmother know? Was she assuming because of the lack of money you've been earning lately... or was it because she found you somewhere you weren't supposed to be? How were you going to deliver this letter to Ira if you couldn't leave the house?

Sighing to yourself, you wrapped your arms to yourself in disappointment. One problem always led to another. If only you didn't let your jealousy get the best of you and wrote a letter beforehand.

Maybe the only thing you could do now was wait patiently. She relied on you to sell the fruits after all... she thought of herself and her daughters too highly to be roasting outside at the markets. Nodding and comforting yourself with this idea, you decided to get some shut-eye.

A scraping sound caused you to flutter your eyes back open. Heart racing and vision immediately alert, you pushed yourself into a sitting position and looked around. You were pretty sure it came from outside. Carefully standing up, you padded across the room and fearfully looked out of the small window facing the back garden.

You scanned the area and saw nothing. Sad flowers and snarls of roots and weeds sat sullenly upon the soil, but all was still. The moonlight providing the small light to see, it was empty... as far as you could tell. Perhaps it was a random rodent.

Before you could return to your 'bed', you heard it again. Jumping in fright, you poked your head up to watch the garden once more. Not to your surprise, there was nothing out there.

One thing left to do then. Breathing in and out for a few seconds to keep yourself from panicking, you shook your limbs out to get the nerves off. You straightened yourself up and walked over to the door that led outside. Yes... you were going to inspect the sound outside. Were you stupid for this? Perhaps. But were you too curious to care? Yes.

Unlocking the knob slowly, you twisted the rusty metal around until it clicked. Pushing it open, you nervously stepped out into the garden, trampling upon grass underneath you. Crickets chirped in the dead of the night and an owl hooted in the distance. The ghastly glow of the setting filled you with unease. You glanced at your surroundings; no such movements could be detected...

Something brushed your shoulder and another thing placed itself over your mouth. As you were about to let out a muffled scream, you were whirled around to come face to face with the man in the infamous top hat.

Widening your hues in shock, you waited until he released your mouth to speak. "What the hell? What are you doing here?" you hissed as quiet as you could.

He grinned at you, his lips stretching wide. His pearls reflecting in the dim light, it became the brightest thing in the garden. "I came to see you, of course," he said, winking at you.

Unsatisfied with his answer, you just decided to move on from it. "How did you know where I live?"

"I walked you home the other day, remember?"

Nodding, you admitted that one was valid. But still... you were confused about this whole ordeal. At the same time, you felt a little happy to see him. You hadn't seen him and Aziel for a week and your patience was almost wearing thin for the people in this household.

Hazel eyes analyzed you in amusement for a moment. He then let out a loud sigh and twirled his cane around in the air, catching your attention. "Come on, fair maiden [Y/N]. Do I really need an excuse to see you? I just wanted to talk to you. I did not see you for a week and wanted to do a checkup."

He held out a gloved hand at you and you hesitantly grabbed it. Warmth covering your palm, you were pulled into the the deserted streets. Jaw dropped, you stared at him, baffled. This was the first time you were in the public so late. You didn't know the exact laws around here, but surely the two of you would get in trouble? Blaise was always so full of unexpected surprises... a bit too many that it scared you.

As if reading your mind, he answered your question. "No need to get concerned, love. As long as I am here, you do not have to fear getting caught."

You gave him a look and he responded to that with a crooked smile. "You sound extraordinarily confident..."

Taking in the quiet streets, you were amazed by how much it differed from the daytime. Street lamps fancily lined up on the sides and they paved a path of light for people and carriages. Most buildings were dark, saved for a few with candlelight near the windows that would flicker lively in a small bubble. Bare roads showing cracks and potholes, the nighttime revealed its flaws. Without the noise from crowds of people talking and moving, your footsteps echoed loudly.

You suddenly had an idea. Turning to Blaise, you grinned in excitement. Slipping your hands into the pockets of your trousers, you took out the slightly crinkled envelope. This was perfect timing... if you couldn't leave the house anymore, your best bet would be here and now. "Do you mind if we go somewhere?" you inquired, clasping your hands together.

He raised his eyebrows in surprise, but nodded anyway. "Where would you like to go?"

The problem was you didn't know where she lived. Living here all your life, the only places you knew was home, the two markets, and the palace. That was it. You didn't have the time nor the right to explore anywhere else and it never bothered you much... but thinking about it at this present time, it did discomfort you. You were like a sheltered girl, but in a different way.

Brushing those thoughts away, you showed the male the address and hoped he would know. If he did not, this trip was over before it even ever started. He peered down at the envelope, his long lashes lowering until they landed on your handwriting. His mouth twitching, he looked up and made eye contact with you. Your breath hitched for a few seconds. You could never get over how pretty his eyes looked.

"Yes, I know where this street is. What business do you have here? The houses on the block are massive."

Scratching your head, you let a nervous chuckle. "I have a friend who lives there."

He stared at you for a few seconds and then nodded curtly. Thankful he didn't ask any more questions, you followed him and began the walk to your destination. The two of you were quiet and it left you wondering if you should somehow break the silence. Striding side by side and passing closed stores, it felt eerie. Your heart almost stopped when a nearby lamp burnt out.

"There's a guard approaching," Blaise whispered to you lowly. Wrapping his hand over yours, he pulled you into a nearby alley and the next thing you knew, your head was held against his chest. Your cheeks heating up at the close proximity, you could not push away for footsteps were getting louder by the second. His arms protectively around you, you liked how they felt. Was this how it feels to be cared for? Because if it was, it was making you real giddy.

Getting clawed back into reality, you were no longer being hugged by him. The cold replacing the warmth, he had gently pushed you away from him. Walking to the edge of the alley, he slipped his cane downwards and out from the alley. Right on time, a figure roaming in the streets tripped right over it, slamming straight into the ground. It was most likely the guard that Blaise had tripped.

Flabbergasted, your mouth was expression was flailing like a fish. What was this man doing?! Was he trying to get the two of you caught?!

The guard picked himself up and looked right into the alley. "Who's there?!" he demanded, his voice accompanied by anger. You and Blaise were done for.

You began to make your way to the guard with your head low in defeat, but Blaise stopped you. Glaring at him for making the two of you look like fools, you glanced at the guard to find him gone. He had proceeded to walk on as if the situation didn't even happen.

"What...? How...?" you uttered out, totally mystified. Sure, the alley was dark... but it wasn't dark enough to hide the two of you.

Top hat man shrugged nonchalantly. "Maybe he's blind or something."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

78.5K 2.3K 27
In which a handsome, rich, popular guy falls in love with the school's emotionless outcast. Some unexpected events made this male fall under an obses...
173K 5.7K 34
ヤンデレ➛ ╭┈─ [ YANDERE KNY X READER ] ┕ where a girl that has lost everything is adopted by a family that lives in the woods, when death comes knocking...
507K 19.5K 47
People say he was a charming, young prince while other's say he was satan himself. A duke's daughter suddenly became the prince's fiancé overnight...
301K 4.4K 50
[𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬] Multiple yanderes in one book all of them obsessed with one person. This are all different story's, people and yan...