The New Royal Blood (Book 1)

By purdynerd

The royal family in England is looking for new blood, as in new blood lines. They've searched all throughout... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
NEWSSS!!!!

Chapter 15

12.9K 523 105
By purdynerd

        "Miss," Cecily starts while their getting me ready.

        "Yes, Cecily?"

        "I know it isn't my place to ask, but what on earth was the prince doing in your room?" she asks and I laugh, ducking my head.

        "After I was asleep last night, he came saying he wanted to talk to me. He looked tired so I told him he could lay on the bed until he was finished talking. Yeah, we both kind of fell asleep in the middle of the conversation. Nothing happened though," I assure them and they break out into grins.

        "Miss, you're going to make a wonderful princess," Josee says and I smile.

        "But you don't know if I'm going to win. I'm pretty sure the prince only likes me as a friend," I tell them but they smile and shake their heads.

        "Miss, if he doesn't pick you, then theirs something wrong with him. You're beautiful, sweet, caring, kind. All the things that a princess needs," Courtney says and I blush.        

        "Anyways, you need to go to breakfast," Cecily says and I'm pushed out my door.

        In the Eating Room, Daxton's already there. I sit in the seat I sat in last night. James isn't there so there's a gap between Daxton and I. I glance over at him and see him already staring at me. Biting the corner of my lip, I blush. I'm about to say something to him when my family sits down.

        "Goodmorning Camry," my mom says and I nod.

        "How did you sleep?" she asks. I know she's only making small talk but I blush.

        "Pretty good," I squeak out.

        "What's the matter?" she demands.

        "Nothing," I shake my head. If my mom knew what happened, she'd have a cow.

        "There you are," James says, filling in the seat between Daxton and I.

        "Where were you this morning? I went to your room, but you weren't there," James says. I turn away from him.

        "I was busy," Daxton answers.

        "No, you weren't. I checked your study and your fathers; you weren't in either of them. So where were you?" James asks.

        "Walking around the palace," Daxton says and James shakes his head.

        "No, I asked many of the guards and they said they they last time they saw you, you were heading to the third floor," James says, lifting an eyebrow.

        "James, this is none of your business," Daxton says.

        "What are you guys talking about?" I lean over and whisper.

        "Nothing," Daxton says. At the same time James says, "Daxton wasn't in his room."

        "And why does that concern you?" I ask.

        "Because, everyday we go to breakfast together," James says.

        "Everyday?"

        "Yes, even if he works late in his fathers study," James says.

        "What time do you wake him up?" I ask.

        "7:30," he says. Crap. My maids woke us up at eight.

        "Oh," I shrug and turn back to my food.

        "Would you have any idea where he was?" James asks.

        "Yes," I say and Daxton shoots me an alarmed look.

        "Where was he then?"

        "He was in the magical land of Fairy World. It's where he becomes a fairy and sprinkles dust on everyone to make them fly," I say, stifling a laugh. I see Daxton exhale.

        "Ha ha. Very funny, Camry," James says.

        "Camry, you don't tease royalty," my mother says. I'm about to blow up on her when Daxton interrupts.

        "Mrs. Kingsom, I assure you, it's quite alright that Camry tease and flirt with me," he says and I tense at the word flirt because we both know that is not what I'm doing. "She is one of my very close acquaintances so it's fine if she does so."

        "Of course., y-your majesty," my mom stutters. I look over at Daxton and smile in thanks.

        "Mmm, this food is so good," Emory says once breakfast is served.

        "I know," I say with a full mouth my mom frowns on.

        "You get to eat like this everday?" Emory mumbles.

        "Yeah," I nod.

        "You better marry him," she says, motioning to Daxton with her fork.

        "And why is that?" I ask, amused.

        "So I can eat this food everyday," she says as if it's obvious. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Daxton chuckle.

        "If you were in the selection, love, would you only marry me for the food?" Daxton asks and Emory turns bright red.

        "Oh...um...of course not," she stutters, making me giggle.

        "Would you marry me for they food, love?" Daxton asks me. I squint my eye's at the pet name.

        "Don't call me that," I say.

        "Would you marry me for the food?" he asks again.

        "Of course," I smile. Rose starts laughing.

        "I didn't live here either, I'd probably marry for the food, too," she giggles.

        "Ditto," Alexa says.

        "So let me get this straight," James says, "you three would marry someone for how good the food is?"

        "Yes," we all say in unison and burst into laughs.

        "You three are mad," Daxton says.

        "But that's why you love us," I tease, making the other two laugh harder.

        I sneak a glance at my family. My dad and Emory have amused expressions on their faces. My mother, on the other hand, looks absolutely horrified. I'm going to have to avoid her after breakfast.

        "I never said I loved any of you. In fact, I remember saying I hated you lot," James says and I roll my eyes. I stand up from my seat.

        "Where are you going?" Daxton asks.

        "To fairy land," I reply and he gives me a confused look.

        "My room, where do you think?" I say and walk to my destination.

        Cecily, Courtney, and Josee are not in my room, thankfully. I need some alone time. Plopping down on my bed, I stare up at the ceiling. Daxton slept in this bed last night. Not on purpose, I assure myself. He just needed to talk to you. But why did he come to me? He could have gone to Alexa, or Rose, or James but he went to me. I think back to last night. He put his arm around me and I cuddled up next to him. Friends do that...right?

        I don't feel anything other than friendship...I think. If I did feel anything, I probably wouldn't like him going on dates with other girls. I picture him going those dates and my feelings don't change. A small part of my mind says, You know it's a part of the selection so it doesn't bother you. I picture him going to Sabrina's room and her falling asleep in his arms. My stomach knots and it makes me want to throw up.

        He already promised me that I'd never have to leave if I didn't want to, right? Isn't that what he said yesterday? But what if I do start to have feelings for him? He would have a wife and there would be nothing I could. And he's already mention that he's in love with one of the girls. Even if there's a small chance of me having feelings for him, he probably wouldn't even think of me like that.

        If I happen to end up having feelings for him, we could get married. But I wouldn't want the wedding to be here. I'd want it to be in the country. I'd wear a simple dress, as would my bridesmaids. Alexa would be my maid of honor...wait. Alexa's in this competition, too. She hasn't shown any feelings for the prince...does she like him or is that just a facade. I'm going to need to talk to her, soon. I could tell Rose but she would probably tell Daxton and I don't want him to know because I'm probably just imagining it. That and he loves someone else.

        I pull out my journal and jot down the idea I had for the wedding. I lie there, sprawled on my bed, until there's a knock at the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 9.3K 26
When Johanna is rejected and told to run, she has no idea where to go. But her wolf does. She runs for weeks, all the while, being chased by wolves f...
3.3K 165 48
As a Prince he has options. He knows the right one but the wrong one is so much hotter. Him or Her? Her or Him? What if he can't choose?
1K 126 12
A girl named Amanda Princeton once was a normal girl until her mother married the King of Domestica. So when she became princess she had to prepare t...
236 2 52
A princess hates the prince of the next door kingdom, she puts up with him as their parents are friends. Playing games and having fun, they hate each...