Born To Be

By NightTime_Storiexs

The kingdom of Zariya. Prince Archer of Zariya. Evelyn, a citizen of Zariya. The prince has now turned twenty... More

Characters
1| Cherie
2| Pins
3| Chocolate
4| Adored
5| Bribe
6| Torture
7| Jealous
8| Deal
9| Defeat
10| Word
11| Hopes
12| Welcomed
13| Seek
14| Night
15| Stare
16| Distraction
17| Pure
18| Logical
19| Discipline
20| Photograph
21| Life
23| Bloom
24| Revelation
25| Electricity
26| Flip
27| Disease
28| Rules
29| Chase
30| Marry
31| Apart
32| You
33| Value
34| Farewell
35| Theatre
36| Alone
37| Soul
38| Disgrace
39| Match
40| Proposal
41| Love
42| Recap
43| Knot
44| Sinking
45| Epiphany
46| Fantasy
47| Spoiled
48| Pearls
49| Yes
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

22| Enough

29.8K 1.3K 561
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 22: Enough (Archer's POV)

I watched as her mother whispered something in her ear while we were getting ready to leave. We spent at least thirty minutes here, maybe even more and it was actually her mother that suggested we head back to the palace. 

"I love you, love you, bye," Evelyn sang, giving both her parents a quick hug. 

"Bye, Mr. and Mrs. Harrington," I smiled. 

"Oh, dearie come here." Her mother stood up quickly and gave me a hug. 

Her dad then did the same, whispering in my ear, "Take care of her for me." 

"I'll be back in a few weeks, dad, love you," she chuckled, grabbing my hand and taking me outside. 

I unlocked the car and got the door for her before climbing in myself and starting the car, driving us back to the palace. "Do you think your parents like me?" I questioned, glancing at her. 

"I think the whole kingdom likes you, Archer. My parents included," she chuckled, letting her hair down and running her fingers through it a few times. 

"I'm glad," I said more to myself. 

"I don't think your mother likes me though," she mumbled. 

"That doesn't matter. It's almost tradition in the Grimaldi's for mother-in-laws to dislike their daughter-in-laws. My grandmother hates my mother, my great grandmother hated my grandmother, it's an endless cycle, trust me," I scoffed, letting both our windows down with the button on my side. 

"What about the father-in-laws?" she questioned. 

"They don't hate their daughter-in-laws. Just how my father doesn't hate you. In fact, you're his favorite," I glanced at her. 

She smiled, looking out the window, letting the breeze blow across her face. "It's weird hearing that because I think I've had maybe one conversation with him. But he seems very nice. I think you're a lot like him," she said, turning to me.

"Me? You think I'm like my father?" 

"Aren't you?" 

I thought for a moment. "I suppose in some ways I am," I shrugged. 

"I reckon it's in more ways than you think," she chortled. 

"Maybe," I mumbled. 

"It's nice though. I mean, everyone talks about the mother-son duo and the father-daughter duo. You get the father-son thing. You seem close to your dad, are you?" 

"Yeah, quite a bit. A lot more than my mother, that's for sure," I scoffed. 

She laughed lightly while I pulled the car to our main gates. Two guards who took the night shift opened the main gates and I stopped the car inside, handing one of them the keys. 

I took her hand, helping her out of the car and then taking her inside. I opened the front door with the code and then locked it shut behind me. Clearly, everyone was already in their rooms and all the staff has been dismissed for the day. 

We quietly made our way upstairs and she kept a tight hold on my hand while we climbed the stairs. It was basically pitch black and we were just using the light seeping in from the small windows and the dim chandelier light which would flick off automatically at midnight. 

I brought her upstairs and stopped at our rooms, opening my door and turning the light on so we could see. I turned to her while she opened her bedroom door and flicked the lights on like I had done. "I hope you had fun tonight," I said, watching her as she turned to face me. 

"I did, it was great. Thank you," she grinned, tucking her hair behind her ear. She always looks so adorable and delicate when she does that. 

"I'll see you for breakfast tomorrow morning then?" I asked, getting ready to go into my room. As much as I wanted to kiss her tonight because it was instinctive to do so, I was holding back because frankly, I didn't know if she would want that. 

"Of course," she nodded. 

"Goodnight," I smiled softly, turning to leave but she stopped me. 

"Archer." 

I turned back around to face her. 

"About the photoshoot, tomorrow is there a specific dress code or...?" she trailed off questioningly, picking at her nails unknowingly. 

"It's formal. I'd suggest you wear a dress you like and it doesn't matter much because you look gorgeous in everything. But if you'd like, my grandmother can help you. I take it you're aware we are both very biased for you." I took a small step closer. I couldn't help it, my body had a mind of its own. 

She laughed softly, looking up at me while taking a step closer herself. "All right. And once again, thank you for tonight. And thank you for taking me to see my parents. It really meant a lot and I-" 

"Evelyn. It's all right," I chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ear when a strand fell across her eyes. 

"One more thing," she mumbled. 

I raised my brows at her in question. 

"Can you close your eyes?" 

I smiled, closing my eyes. I stood with my hands behind my back, hearing her shuffle. I took a small peek, seeing her standing on her toes. 

She kissed my cheek, her lips softly pressing against my skin for a short moment and my eyes opened on their own. She pulled away from my cheek and stopped standing on her toes. "Goodnight," she smiled, turning to go into her own room.

"Evelyn," I said, grabbing her wrist and turning her around. 

She stood there, looking up at me patiently. 

"One more thing," I whispered. My eyes were focused on her lips. I really wanted to kiss her. Desperately. It didn't have to mean anything. I know I'm developing feelings for her, but if she kisses me back, I won't assume she's feeling the same way. If she kisses me back, I'll just know she's more open to the idea of us than she's letting on. 

I leaned in slowly, hesitating, and even stopping to see if she leaned in as well. And she did. I bit down my smile and leaned in further, my lips barely brushing against hers. She pulled herself onto her toes again while I closed the distance between us. I kissed her softly. As softly as I could. And I kept it short. It can't go further. Not now. Not yet. 

I pulled back moments after I felt her kissing me back. "Goodnight," I mumbled against her lips. 

The kiss wasn't much. But it was enough. It was enough for me to know. To confirm what I already knew. 

She was going to be my wife. 

"Goodnight," she whispered while pulling away. She then turned around and went into her room, softly closing the door behind her. 

I stood there, smiling to myself like an idiot while leaning against the wall. "Shit," I sighed, grinning. I was staring at her door when it opened and she stuck her head back out. 

She looked at me and shook her head, smiling. "I knew you were just standing there. Goodnight, Archer," she laughed. 

"Goodnight, Evelyn." 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

I stood there, watching as the photographer finished setting up his lights and whatnot. 

"Ladies, let's make a line, please. In order," my mother instructed while the photographer asked me to stand under the bright lights. 

A small two-seater, lounge chair was brought and placed behind me just in case we took some shots sitting down together. 

"This isn't an audition, Arabella. Whoever goes first, please stay. The others, you can go and do as you please," my grandmother said to the girls. 

Chloe demanded she go first and everyone listened to her because if they didn't, we all know she would throw a fit. 

I resisted an eye roll while she came over, standing beside me.

"We'll start with a classic one. Your majesty, please put your arm around her." 

Click. 

"Princess Chloe, please put your back to Prince Archer's chest. Sir, please put both your arms around her from behind." 

Click. 

"I think we've got them, who would like to go next?" my grandmother asked from where she stood beside the photographer. 

Chloe walked away and then Candace came up. 

The process repeated with every single princess until Evelyn, who agreed to go last. 

She walked over while holding her dress, dropping it as she stood beside me. 

The girls weren't at the table this morning. Their breakfast was served to them in their rooms because they were getting ready simultaneously. So I hadn't seen her since last night. 

"Hi," she smiled nervously. 

I gaped her, looking at her dress, her hair, her face. Just her. 

She looked breathtaking. Her dress was a soft pink with sequins all over the front and two thin straps holding it around her shoulders, her hair was cascading down in curls behind her back with two strands pinned and flowers embedded into her curls, her face was glowing and had tiny specks of glitter scattered across her skin. She looked absolutely captivating. 

"Archer, dear, focus," my grandmother laughed.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 22

ladies and gents

it has been one day since online school restarted for me

and my life is already going to shit

I just thought I'd let you all know

next chapter: bloom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 80 19
"You don't believe me?" he says in a whisper, caressing her chin, softly with his strong Veiny hands."Don't you feel the tingles when our eyes meet...
269 33 13
Princess Vivienne Sinclair, heir to the throne of Aveloria, was accustomed to the weight of responsibility that draped her slender shoulders. Her ele...
579 61 11
𖤓𝘼 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜 𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘🥀 AMAYA EVAN'S the top businesswoman of NYC, blessed with a goddess face and cursed with a past that she cannot escape a...
627 13 55
Aleah has been told all her life that she is worthless and weak by her older sister, Amora. But, when Aleah finds out that she is going to be betroth...