Dusk & Dawn

Da xMah_Bx

{completed} He gave his word with the sunrise, but as night unfolded, she slipped away into the dusk's embrac... Altro

CAST/MOODBOARDS
1- escapade
2- another twenty-one days
3- didn't mean to
4- because why not
5- friday blessings
6- banters
7- back to disneyland
8- lord, in the ring
9- hotline bling
10- shadows of the arena
11- weeknd
12- no, not Gianna
13- time freeze
14- memories bring back
15- break from reality
17- beneath the scars
18- midland county hospital
19- back to the past
20- hello, memories
21- saturday night
22- unspoken thoughts
23- mind-diving
24- skydiving
25- dabbed syringes
26- an ocean of uncertainty
27- bed bound
28- dusk, dark of the dawn
29- night tides into the unkown
30- last of the ring
A/N|| Other books

16- chloe klutz

68 18 6
Da xMah_Bx

I woke up the next day still with pains in my bones. It wasn't the kind of pain that referred to all parts or my body; it was the kind that I could bear, the kind that I didn't need to get into a hot bath for. And so for that, I felt pretty good that morning.

Another day; another life.

As I stood in front of the mirror staring right at the spot that Ezra made contact with yesterday, I shook my head in disbelief at the thought that I wanted it to happen.

I packed my bags ready for my shift at Wings Haven and classes by the evening. Naomi looked delighted to see that I was okay as she headed to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Is everything alright at home?" She asked me, staring into my eyes for a honest answer.

"I'll fill you in later, it's Gianna not me." I responded and she seemed convinced that I was at least willing to tell her.

I sat across Harper on the kitchen table as I prepared a tortilla wrap.

"Class?" She asked me

"A shift at wings haven," I answered her and she nodded in response.

"Cool, I have a department hangout there in the afternoon. See you then." She told me.

The day went by very slowly and that bothered me. What also bothered me was the new girl in my seat by the time I arrived earlier.

She seemed accustomed to the rules, the menu and her service was great, like she was prepared to replace someone. It didn't take genius to realize that she was replacing me.

Once Mr Graham arrived later in the afternoon, he was both happy and surprised to see me before he invited me into his office.

He made a quick coffee like it was tradition as he took off his jacket and hung it on the stand. He offered me coffee and I shook my head knowing I'd never give something so bitter a try.

He sat on his swivel chair, placing his finger on his temple as if to think. With a sigh, he clasped his hands together and turned to me.

"Raine, I've noticed you've been going through a lot lately. Coming late for work, not coming at all without prior notice is affecting the business," he started.

"Am I getting fired?" I asked, impatient.

"No, no," he waved it off. "I just think it might be best for you to take some time off to address your concerns and come back when you're feeling more like it." He smiled.

He smiled because he thought he was doing me some good. I realized that I couldn't be selfish and just shamelessly ask for my job back, Mr Graham had been nothing but good to me. I couldn't dare put his business in jeopardy, my conscience wouldn't let me.

I sent my gratitude and waved goodbye to my other coworkers. No doubt by the time I walked out of the diner, I was overwhelmed.

Harper must have regained her memory and remembered about my condition. It was the only explanation I had as to why she discarded the alcohol that helped keep me out of my destructive thoughts.

And now, the sense of normalcy that working at Wings Haven gave to me has been snatched from me as well. I didn't know what to do.

Somehow, it didn't even seem to matter to me anymore. There was no way I could carry my mountain of worries on my own. I was going to let whatever want to crash, crash.

Those were the thoughts that alcohol drove away from my head, they were the ones smiling at random strangers at the diner protected me from, but now I had to drown in my thoughts, constantly.

When I felt my phone vibrating, I reached into my bag to find it but ended up slamming against someone. Looking up to see who it was had me facepalming and cursing simultaneously.

"The pavement is wide for a reason, Chloe?" I hissed as I picked my jacket from the floor. She glared at me and then looked back at her friends who clearly didn't what to be involved in her amateurish actions.

"What did you say to me?" She asked again, walking closer to me like that was supposed to intimidate me. I wasn't even having it, my day had gone wrong, what else could happen.

"I'm saying you might want to expand your mindset, you purposely walked into me." I responded as I inched closer to her as well.

She took a step back and the way my skin burned in the sun made me realize that I should have just taken my car.

"Ezra hanging out with you, must be a charity project. You know, like doing good deeds for the less fortunate." She blurted out as she crossed her arms.

"Ezra doesn't define my world, Chloe. But I appreciate your concern, or is it jealousy?" I asked her.

"You're one brazen bitch," was all I heard before she grabbed me by my hair and pushed me to the floor. My eyes widened at the sight of the chunk of hair Chloe ripped out of my scalp.

I didn't realize that I had become so weak that I couldn't even regain my stance back. I fell to the floor with one side and grunt in pain.She looked down at me with a smirk tugged on her lips.

"Do you have cancer? Or is it a failed hair treatment?" She mused as she turned to her friends.

I tried to get up and once I'm halfway to success, I fell back again. Chloe didn't help, she just stood there and watched with the others. I dropped my bag thinking that it was the one adding the extra weight on me. So I placed both hands on the floor and tried to stand only to end up coughing.

It actually wouldn't have been a problem to anyone since it was just a cough. But it had to matter since I was coughing out something familiar to me, but not to everyone else.

"What the fuck are you doing to her?" I heard a familiar feminine voice yell. I looked behind me to find Harper and a group of other people.

She rushed towards me and stretched out her hands to help me up immediately. She couldn't do it on her own and I watched as she glared at Chloe.

"Do you want to go to jail or you'll help me!" Harper screamed at Chloe who immediately shivered at the sight of what was actually happening before helping me up on the other side.

We made our way back to the diner with my legs still feeling numb. I coughed out into the basin while Harper did all that she could, pat my back continuously.

"I swear I wouldn't have bullied you if I knew you were sick!" I heard Chloe say from behind and I sent her a glare through the mirror.

"I really don't bully sick people," she said again, the fear evident in her voice.

"Do you even have the right to bully anyone in the first place?" Harper left my back and walked to her, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I am really sorry," Chloe begged again.

As I rinsed my face with water after my throat became cleared, I looked into the mirror, my eyes red from the inner panic from when I struggled to breathe earlier.

What a time to be alive.

I should have known that the day felt too good to be true.

Nov 19th

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

4.9K 361 51
When mirror is not enough to reflect emotions, when talks are not enough to convey feelings, a silent poem and a pen and it's creations may help. Edi...
173 8 1
They were lovers, until the very end. CONTAINS: *VIOLENCE *BLOOD *CHARACTER DEATH *ANGST ANGST ANGST WORK IS MINE! DON'T COPY OFF IT AND IF YOU WA...
21.9K 1.7K 18
"My soul is breaking, and my life has been cut short," he said flatly. It's fine if his family was aware of this. "I'm not going to cause any more tr...
1.2K 166 30
"And as I hold my crying, broken girl in my arms at the doctors office, I realize the true meaning of unconditional love. There isn't anything that...