The Peculiar Case Of A Novel'...

Por MissClover77

It all began when a phone dropped from a different dimension, and the novel's villain found it along the proc... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Allen Coldwell
Chapter 2 - Fell From The Sky
Chapter 3 - Otherworldly Object
Chapter 4 - Shocking Discovery
Chapter 5 - The Two Strangers
Chapter 6 - Don't Do It
Chapter 7 - Unknown Misunderstanding
Chapter 8 - Fanfictions?
Chapter 9 - The Horror of Allen Coldwell
Chapter 10 - Allen, Fighting!
Chapter 11 - Worst Day Ever
Chapter 12 - Phobia? (1)
Chapter 13 - Phobia? (2)
Chapter 14 - Split Personality
Chapter 15 - Azruelle Macklin
Chapter 16 - Issues Of Being Not On The Same Page
Chapter 17 - Ice Skating
Chapter 18 - Az Became What!?
Chapter 19 - The Attack
Chapter 20 - Knives Everywhere, Trouble Everywhere
Chapter 21 - The Hardships Of Convincing People
Chapter 22 - Debut (1)
Chapter 23 - Debut (2)
Chapter 24 - Debut (3)
Chapter 25 - Felix Oswin/Abigor
Chapter 26 - A Demon Working With Elves
Chapter 27 - The Concerns of Allen and Abigor (Felix)
Chapter 28 - Change of Plans
Chapter 30 - Accusations
Chapter 31 - Let The Battle Continue
Chapter 32 - Under Observation
Chapter 33 - You're Wrong, It's Not Like That
Chapter 34 - Almost Caught
Chapter 35 - Ally or Enemy?
Chapter 36 - Kivy's Perspective
Chapter 37 - Hidden Portals
Chapter 38 - I Don't Kiss Gremlins
Chapter 39 - Cat Troubles
Chapter 40 - Worm Attacks
Chapter 41 - Allen's Observation

Chapter 29 - Trouble

9.7K 619 128
Por MissClover77

"Okay, so let me get this straight... You guys had set traps around the school?" Ryan says, looking at Allen and Az.

Both boys nodded to him in reply as the three of them ran through the hallways.

"I'm really thankful that Az and I decided to set them early." Allen panted.

"What kind of traps?" Ryan questioned.

"Well, it's nothing special. It's just to buy us some time. The traps only involve some arrows or anything sharp that comes through their way." Allen replied.

"Oh, don't forget the explosives." Az added.

"Explosives?" Ryan arched a brow.

"Ah yes, also the explosives—Wait, explosives!?" Allen exclaimed as he turned to face Az. "You imbecile! Why on earth would you also put explosives around the school!?"

"What? As if you setting sharp objects isn't also dangerous." Az shrugged. "Also, don't worry. It helps a lot from defending this place." he smiled, giving out a thumbs up.

Allen paled.

"Wow, I didn't know you guys have it in you. To set such wonderful traps, it makes my heart jump in excitement." Ryan chirped, his eyes are now sparkling like he's a little kid who received a new toy as his present. "Way to go guys!" he gave a thumbs up as he faces Allen who's now turning purple from horror.

"Stop giving me those thumbs up! I can't believe you guys are perfectly fine with this! You're crazy!" Allen exclaimed.

Suddenly, their conversation was interrupted by a loud explosion nearby.

"Ohhh, it seems that the enemies have already arrived." Ryan whistled.

Allen squeaked. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I hope no one's affected by that loud explosion. Shit, we're so dead—"

"Chillax, my dude. Those bombs are made for harming nonhumans only." Az assured. "I bought it from a merchant who's living around the town. I admit he was creepy, but I could tell that he's legit."

Allen sighed in relief, and continued to run with no worry. Deep in thought, he guesses that Larence and the others might be in the quadrangle at the moment, fighting off the monsters and protecting the students like a bunch of heroes they are. The attack may have happened earlier than they expected, but the flow hasn't changed, their movements are still the same as stated in the novel. Everyone in the story isn't aware yet about the weak spots of these creatures, so the three of them should at least be present at the scene in case Will happens to be there.

Accidentally, they reached an area where monsters are being slowed down because of the booby traps, but there are others that aren't caught by it and started running towards them with the intent to kill. Az and Ryan ran ahead and immediately attacked the monsters in a blink of the eye. Allen couldn't help but feel amazed by the strength of these boys. Normally, he would tell Az to not use his powers in public. But fortunately, there aren't people around so it's fine.

In the novel, Rachel was able to figure out that the only way to eliminate these monsters. She used salt to defeat them. Well, Bella's other personality, also contributed a lot in the team, because she is very equiped in combat battle. Anyhow, the idea if salt helped Larence and Einz to successfully defeat all the enemies in a convenient way.

Unfortunately, it would take time for those guys to figure that out. Dozens of students are going to die because of this delay of knowledge.

Since Allen has a conscience, he would try his best to not let such horrible event happen. Which is why they are on their way to the cafeteria, where they could get salt. But they're in a pinch right now, because these monsters are blocking the way.

"These things keep on regenerating. It seems that this would be slightly difficult. We better find it's weakness, it must be here somewhere." Ryan commented, searching the creatures' body.

"Unfortunately, you won't be able to find it around their body. There aren't any vital parts you could hit, their weakness is salt." Az explained.

"Ah, I see. So that's why you guys wanted to head towards the cafeteria." Ryan said, finally understanding where this is going.

"There are too many of them!" Allen grunted as he uses his sword to block the attacks from the monsters. "Do you guys have any ideas on how to reach the cafeteria?" he shouted, looking at the two boys who're already meters far away from him.

Before any of them could speak, Allen was attacked from behind and lost his balance.

Ryan's eyes widened as he sees him fall.

Az looked horrified and yelled at him in worry. "Allen!"

As the monster goes forward to attack, Allen instinctively slashed it with a sword—causing the creature to stumble backwards. At that moment, he's quite thankful that he learned a little bit in training. This gave him time to move into an adequate position and strike the monster again.

Az sighed in relief. While Ryan continued to fight the monsters hovering around them.

For a while, Allen noticed something. Each monster has a red orb floating at the bottom. The monsters seem to be moving the this orb in different positions. It's as if they're trying to not let it get hit. He noticed that Ryan and Az aren't really aiming for this weird red orb. So far, they were only aiming at what people see in the upper view. None of them ever thought of looking at the bottom, where they have orbs nearby floating near the ground. For a moment, this gave him some ideas.

'What if salt isn't their only weakness? What if there's also something else' Allen thought.

He looks at the red orb, and gave it a shot. He aimed his sword towards it, but the monster dodged. Because of this action, it finally confirmed his suspicions.

'So that's the core.' he thought.

Allen went on a stance and moved his body to the right, pretending to attack him from that direction. As expected the monster moved it's orb to the left. Allen wasted no time and quickly move his body to the left and slashed the orb. As it broke down into half, the monster melted and it lifelessly laid on the ground.

"The orb..." Allen spoke. He immediately looked at his two companions and shouted. "The red orbs! That's their weakness!"

Az and Ryan looked in confusion.

"What red orb? I don't see one!" Az said.

As Ryan processed what Allen was saying, he searched again the body of the monsters. A moment later, he spotted a red orb under one of the monster's. It seems to be camouflaging with the red floor that they're standing.

Both of them took Allen's advice, they followed the advice and slashed the red orbs. The monsters around them melted to death after their cores were destroyed.

"What? I don't understand. I thought salt is their weakness!" Az said, looking very confused.

"Maybe.... salt isn't their only weakness." Ryan said.

Allen nodded at the blue-haired boy's statement. "Yeah, it seems like it." he says, agreeing with him.

"But how did you find out?" Az asked.

"Luck. Pure dumb luck." Allen replied.

Az crossed his arms and arched a brow. Looking at him with an expression that says, 'really'?

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask. What makes you so sure that salt will help us eliminate these monsters?" Ryan asked, looking at the two boys suspiciously.

"I have read a book once about some certain monsters. I forgot the name, but I definitely remember the features that was shown in the page." Az said.

It's actually true, it's not a lie. This information was actually written in the novel after all. It's a book, so that qualifies with the idea.

"Alright then, it's time for us to separate. Ryan, you go to the classrooms. Check if there are any students and drag them to safety. Allen, you go to the quadrangle, there might be students in danger too. I will go inside the cafeteria and gather some salt. The more weapons we get, the better." Az tells them.

Ryan went ahead as he destroys the monsters blocking his path.

'What a strength.' Allen thought as he stares at the blue haired boy. Then a moment later, he turned to look at Az.
"Why do you want me to go to the quadrangle?" he asked. "I'm not against you or anything, it's just you seem more capable than me." he says. If he has to be honest, it should be him who's gathering the salt and Az should be the one fighting.

"Your defense skills are sufficient enough to fight those monsters. I rely too much on magic, fighting without it isn't my forte. There would be a worst-case-scenario if anyone finds out I'm a middle class mage." Az explained.

Because of this explanation, Allen nodded in understanding. It is illegal for a mage lower than high class to stay in the muggle realm. The kingdom and the court will be involved if this secret gets revealed. It wouldn't be wise for Az to show his abilities this early. Larence and the others doesn't trust them yet, majority of the people might fear with the misconception of them being enemies of humanity.

"Alright then. I'll try my best." Allen nodded. 

                          ---xXx---

Meanwhile...

Somewhere in another realm, a place where it is mostly filled with darkness, there stands a gorgeous woman who's watching at a certain view in front of her. Her long black hair sways gracefully along the wind, her amethyst purple eyes stares at the black crystals floating through the air, shining beautifully despite its dark color. She began to play with the violet strand on her hair as she admires the view in front of her.

"I don't know why you're so eager to make my arrival so early. I want to go there next month, I don't think I'm prepared to go next week." she says, acknowledging the presence hidden in the shadows.

"As expected, you could even sense me no matter how much I hide my presence." says a voice that comes from the boy behind her.

"I don't understand why the Demon King thinks so highly for a nobody like you."

"My, my, Ravana. Didn't you hear the saying, 'Don't judge the book by it's cover?'"

Ravana could notice that the male is smirking despite not turning around. "The Demon King knows you're hiding something, and we know you aren't going to tell us anything. I can't believe he's so foolish to keep you by his side. Just what on earth did you do, to make him so fond of you?"

"What can I say? I'm the type of person who's good at persuading people." the boy says, which is actually true.

"I couldn't shake off the feeling that that you're bad news, which is why a lot of us don't trust you." Ravana sneered.

The boy smirked, finally stepping outside the shadows. He wears a white mask that covers his whole face and a dark hoodie that covers most of his hair.

"I don't really care if you trust me or not. What matters to me is I get what I want, and all of us just share the same goals." the boy chuckled. "Tell me, Ravana. Are you just accusing me because you're scared to go next week? You should have said so, because I would've gone there by myself rather than bringing someone incompetent like you." he taunted.

Ravana glared at him darkly, the aura around them became heavy to the point where anyone would faint if they stand near them.

"Don't be so arrogant, you sad pathetic waste of space. I'll show you that I'm more competent than you'll ever be, and I'll prove to the Demon King that you're a spy." she spat.

The masked boy smiled in amusement. "Just how many times should I tell you? I'm not siding with the likes of them." he sighed.

Ravana just sneered and walked past him.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

24.5K 1.1K 17
After drinking something strange what happens when our main character Oliver wakes up in an unknown place. Just after a few seconds of waking up he s...
216K 7.5K 44
Zen Yodai, 27 y.o virgin 'straight' man. He claimed to be 'straighter than a ruler' but some people doesn't believe it (Me). Anyway, he died in the a...
11.7K 253 11
Aadi was just an ordinary guy. Sure he had some feminine qualities and was picked on by bullies, but he liked himself. He lived a pretty simple life...
863 57 27
"Who is that?" "No one knows, he appeared out of thin air right after the emperor was crowned and hasn't left his side since," ... "It is that damne...