Adira Lupin

By -dreamcatcher4ever-

The name Adira means strong, noble, and powerful. She always tries her hardest to live up to that name, even... More

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀.
𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲.
𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲𝟮. 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝗺𝗽, 𝟯𝗿𝗱 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅.
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲.

463 14 13
By -dreamcatcher4ever-

☾ఌ☽ఌ☾ఌ☽ఌ☾ఌ☽

"𝐼𝑓 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦, 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑒𝑟."

"THE FULL MOON is tomorrow isn't it?" My best friend Alice wondered, biting her nails nervously as we walked into the room of requirement, getting ready for our DA meeting.

"Yea," I replied shortly, rubbing my eyes to try my hardest to wake myself up. "Is that why you feel so sick today?" She asked, rubbing my arm comfortingly. I nodded my head slowly, the feeling of throwing up sweeping over me. "Oh I'm sorry, it'll be over soon.." She comforted me, sadness filling her eyes.

I turned to face her, giving a weak smile. It wasn't really almost over though, I would have to deal with this for the rest of my life. I didn't bother arguing though, I felt much too sick. We set our books down in the corner of the room, standing in a big group waiting for everyone else to arrive. I stood next to one of my other best friends; Hermione, Harry, and Ron.

"Hello Hermione." I greeted her, a smile forming on my face when I caught sight of her. "Hello Adira, we're about to begin, only waiting for a couple more people." She informed me, a broad smile making way onto her face as I nodded.

"What will we be learning about today?" I asked Harry, the leader of the DA. "Well I thought everyone would like to start and try producing patronuses?" He told me, making it more a question, to get my opinion. "Sounds good Harry, I think everyone else will be excited to do that." I told him honestly, wondering what my patronus would be if I happened to conjure one. "Good," he smiled "I was nervous they wouldn't want to do that, people will think it's too hard. This is a good group of people though, I believe they'll do good."

Harry stood in front of everyone explaining how producing a patronus worked. Thinking of your happiest moment and saying the spell. It had to be a truly powerful memory though, one that made you really happy. I stood concentrated for a couple moments, trying to think of mine. I had tried privately practicing the patronus charm with Harry many times, so it wasn't as new to me.

At first I thought of Alice and I swimming together over the Summer, doing some muggle activity called 'kayaking.' "Expecto Patronum!" I shouted, though only a small spark shot out from my wand. Not happy enough...I thought.

I tried again, thinking of another memory. Sirius, dad, Harry and I all sat in the kitchen, drinking butterbeers and talking about our adventures at Hogwarts. Sirius explained that my dad was normally the quiet one, too interested in his studies and books rather than girls and such. Dad then explained that Sirius was a ladies man, always trying to impress them and be 'cool.'

We then all joked about Snapes Greasy black hair, and his cloak that he whipped everywhere he went. His dramatic exits making us all laugh.

"Expecto Patronum!" I shouted, a bigger spark shot out but nothing much. I groaned aloud, throwing my head back in anger, deciding to give it a couple more goes until I got it right.

"It's alright," Harry consulted, walking up behind me now. "This is tough magic, some highly trained witches and wizards can't even preform a patronus." He comforted me, while patting my shoulder. "Think happier!" He exclaimed, a small smile tugging at his lips when he noticed the small bit of anger that flickered across my face.

I turned back around, while staring at my wand, deep in thought. Think, think, think, My mind raced over and over again, trying to figure out the best memory I had. I thought about all the times with dad, trying to remember which memory made me the happiest. I tapped my wand on my head multiple times, hoping it would pull the answer out of my brain. Then the perfect one came to mine.

I closed my eyes for a couple moments, imagining the day over and over again. Thinking over again of the same memory and the exact moment. I opened my eyes quickly, and shouted a quick "Expecto Patronum!" For the last time.

A St. Bernard dog shot out of my wand, the dog barked and jumped up and down while wagging its tail and circling around me. I jumped up and down in excitement, watching the dog twirl around me, fake slobber dripping down.

"Well done!" Harry exclaimed happily, his eyes flicking from Hermione's otter, to Lunas hare, and to my dog. "Brilliant! This is brilliant!" Harry shouted once more, joy filled in his voice, satisfied he had taught three people successfully how to produce a patronus. And that was only the beginning.

I looked over to Alice to see how she was doing with hers, she stood there, her eyes focused straight in front of her. Most likely concentrating so hard on her happiest memory, she forgot to blink. I giggled quietly once she got out of her trance, trying the spell once more but ended up failing yet again.

Harry dismissed us all, wishing a Happy Christmas and waving goodbye to everyone. "Happy Christmas Harry!" I shouted at him, even though I'd see him soon. I ran to catch up with Hermione, Alice had already left. Something to do with potions homework she had to do quickly.

"Hello Hermione!" I greeted her, much happier now than at the beginning of the meeting. "Hello, wasn't that just amazing?" She gawked, as we skipped down the halls since all our classes finished for the day. "Yes! I saw your patronus, an otter! How cute!" I exclaimed honestly, remembering how it floated around the room elegantly. Much like Hermione herself.

What did I just say? I thought to myself, quickly brushing those thoughts out of my head.

"Yes it was so cute, I was so happy I could produce one. What about you, did you get to?" She asked excitedly, as we walked into the great hall, preparing for the last feast before the Holidays.

"Yes I did." I smiled warmly, while opening up my book 'Confronting the Faceless.' "Well what was it!?" She exclaimed happily, wanting to know more. "I got a St. Bernard dog, I did some research on patronuses. Mine means, I have a big heart and a lot of bravery. Though...I'm not too sure about the latter.." I stressed, biting the inside of my mouth.

"Of course you do!" She yelled, almost outraged at what I'd said. "You are so brave! I don't think anyone here could ever even imagine going through what you have to go through." She lectured, placing her hand on top of mine. Her warm hand on top of my cold one felt oddly...right. A swarming feeling erupted in my stomach, but I pushed it away without a second thought. I'd been feeling sick all day, it's what happens before transforming.

"I don't know Hermione, I think a lot of people here are just as strong as me, if not stronger." I sighed, neither of us removing our hands from one another. She shook her head slowly while a sideways smile tugged at her lips. "You really don't give yourself enough credit, you know?" She muttered quietly, her hand giving a small squeeze on mine.

I only shrugged, I didn't want to argue with Hermione. Everyone else was scared of me, and looked at me like I was some sort of freak. My close friends, Luna, Neville, the twins and Ginny were really the only other people who still respected me and didn't treat me any differently.

She took her hand off of mine, an emptiness now feeling like it was left there. She reached into her bag, and pulled out her book, 'The Rise and Fall of The Dark Arts.'

"So," I started curiously, "What memory did you think of?" I smiled. She thought for a moment, "I had to think of a couple to be honest, but I thought of my first couple months at Hogwarts. Finding some friends who all related to me made me happy, no one really wanted to be friends with me in the muggle world. Being able to meet you all might be my happiest memory." She smiled, a small blush creeping onto her face.

I did a small wave with my hand, "Shucks Hermione, I didn't know I was that great." I teased, as we both laughed earning a couple looks from students nearby. "What about you?" She asked interested.

I smiled warmly at the memory. "When dad came home one day telling me he had full custody of me, and that we didn't have to worry about mom walking into our lives anymore unexpectedly. Knowing dad wouldn't have to go through that pain she put him through all over again. I knew from then on I wouldn't have to worry about leaving him ever. We would always be together through everything." I smiled, a blush now creeping onto my cheeks as I revealed my happiest memory to her.

For some reason though, I didn't feel embarrassed. I was grateful I was able to talk to her about all this, she comforted me and made me feel extremely happy and safe. Even while she did nothing and only listened. She gave a little pout, like when you 'aww' over something. "That's so sweet." She drug of the e, fawning over it. We giggled quietly, trying not to annoy the people around us again.

"What do you think is taking them so long?" I wondered, while switching my gaze from the door towards Hermione. "Not sure..." She muttered, cleaning up her books as I followed what she was doing. We walked out of the great hall and up to the Gryffindor common room, I had snuck in many, many times and I don't think the Fat Lady honestly minded. She seeming to take a liking to me, even though I wasn't even in Gryffindor.

We walked into the common room, where Harry sat by the fireplace with a bright smile on his face, as Ron sat on the couch  chuckling.

"Ah there she is again!" Fred shouted
"Our favorite trespasser!" George continued.

I shook my head and smiled at them, while giving them the finger and sitting down on the couch with Hermione and Ron. The twins sat on the sofas beside us.

"How is it you always get in here?" Fred asked, a questioning eyebrow raised.
"Yeah, mind telling us the secret so Fred and I can sneak into the girls dorms?" George raised both of his eyebrows, while fist bumping Fred.

I rolled my eyes playfully at the humorous twins sat in front of me. "I'll tell you in 3 years." I winked, a small smirk dancing on my lips. "We'll be graduated!" Fred exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. "That's the point you baboons." I laughed, while they both scoffed. "Whatever, come on Fred, we'll figure it out." George told his twin, while they stood up and headed to their dorms. "We're smarter anyways.." I heard Fred faintly mutter. I rolled my eyes once more and looked between Ron and Harry.

"What have you been smiling about?" I asked accusingly, a smile across my face. "Go on Harry, tell them." Ron urged, while he covered his mouth to stop his laughing. "I — Cho Chang and I..."

"What Harry? Spit it out!" Hermione sat on the edge of her seat, her eyes scrunching up in confusion, with the slightest bit of amusement. "We kissed." He said shortly, as Hermione let out a short laugh, while Ron howled with laughter. I gasped, while smacking my hand over my mouth.

"What was it like?" I asked interestedly, wondering what kissing someone was like. I quickly shook those thoughts out of my head though, that was absurd, no one could love me. "Well — a bit...wet." He admitted, as his ears turned red. My cheeks blushed, as I tried holding back my laughter, Harry not realizing what he said sounded wrong. "She was crying.." He explained, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Harry did you make her cry?!" Laughed Ron, as he held onto his knee for support. "Well she was already crying...she was talking about Cedric, then pointed out the mistletoe.. and we just — kissed." He explained, smiling again.

"Goodness Harry, I didn't even know you had it in you. I always thought you would just swoon, and never do anything." I teased, while Hermione snorted beside me and Ron placed both hands over his mouth to contain his laughter.

He shook his head slowly, while giving a small glare at me even though he still smiled. We bid each other all a goodnight as I left the Gryffindor common room and made my way down towards my common room, all of us forgetting about the feast. I sleepily got into my pajamas, and hugged onto the comfortable sheets, knowing I'd miss this bed tomorrow. I'd most likely be sleeping on the ground in the forest or something, secluding myself from everyone.

Though I went to bed much more happier, blocking out all my worries for tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.6K 1.5K 91
In which the blindness of uncertainty became clear with the love of one's heart and love did conquer all fear. "It's so clear with you. Always" ...
1.4K 10 23
[Re-Written] An unnerving Tri-Wizard Tournament. A Wizard-World-known celebrity in Hogwarts. And no time to daydream with a ghost from the past not...
195 7 10
"Why do you hate me so much?" "Because you took away the only thing I could call mine." - Estelle Lupin, navigating life as the daughter of a werewol...
12.2K 410 26
Old Summary : your the Daughter of Remus lupin, your dad gets a letter from Dumbledore to become Defense against the dark arts professor for Hogwarts...