Born To Be

By NightTime_Storiexs

The kingdom of Zariya. Prince Archer of Zariya. Evelyn, a citizen of Zariya. The prince has now turned twenty... More

Characters
1| Cherie
2| Pins
3| Chocolate
4| Adored
5| Bribe
6| Torture
7| Jealous
8| Deal
9| Defeat
10| Word
11| Hopes
12| Welcomed
13| Seek
14| Night
15| Stare
16| Distraction
17| Pure
18| Logical
19| Discipline
21| Life
22| Enough
23| Bloom
24| Revelation
25| Electricity
26| Flip
27| Disease
28| Rules
29| Chase
30| Marry
31| Apart
32| You
33| Value
34| Farewell
35| Theatre
36| Alone
37| Soul
38| Disgrace
39| Match
40| Proposal
41| Love
42| Recap
43| Knot
44| Sinking
45| Epiphany
46| Fantasy
47| Spoiled
48| Pearls
49| Yes
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

20| Photograph

32K 1.2K 425
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 20: Photograph (Archer's POV)

I was still standing by the staircase, talking to Caroline when Evelyn came back from her conversation with my grandmother. 

Caroline wanted to speak to me earlier as well and now again because she is worried. She had been anxious since dinner last night about my grandmother coming to visit but the conversation we just had was far from that subject. She asked me, very bluntly, if I had ever even thought of marrying her or if Evelyn is the only girl I'm chasing. She didn't seem angry or upset with me, she just seemed like she genuinely wanted to know. 

I explained to her how Evelyn is the only girl here that I chose. Everyone else was my mother's choice and the two girls I liked from my mother's choice, were Mila and her. She knows that Mila has a boyfriend in her own kingdom, so I didn't have to explain that. But unfortunately, I did have to explain why it's difficult when it comes to her because she is a lot like Evelyn. 

I didn't want her to feel like a second choice so I had to tiptoe around my words a lot. It was difficult to explain how I felt. But to put it blatantly, even after being so much like Evelyn, she doesn't make me feel the way Evelyn does. And I had to tell her that. 

Lucky for me, she understood. Because she was rooting for Evelyn and me herself. 

"Hey, how was it?" she asked as Evelyn walked over to us. 

"It was good, she was very nice," Evelyn answered with a smile. 

"Did she ask anything that was too personal?" I questioned. I know my grandmother wouldn't do that, but you never know how offended someone might feel about something. 

"No, not at all. She asked what she had to, nothing too personal," she replied, turning to me. 

"I'll leave you both to it," Caroline chuckled, heading on upstairs. 

Evelyn looked at me in confusion. "What was that supposed to mean?" 

I shrugged, acting just as confused as her. "I'm not too sure." 

"Archer!" We both looked to the front where my mother was standing, already seeming irritated with my grandmother's presence. "Bring all the girls. Your grandmother has some news," she rolled her eyes and walked away. 

I turned to Evelyn. "You go on ahead, I'll bring them." 

"Are you sure? Chloe and Carol are in the backyard, I can go get them," she offered. 

"Okay, I'll bring everyone from upstairs," I nodded. I went to the floor, spotting Caroline and Mila outside. "Ladies," I cleared my throat, catching their attention. "Everyone's presence is requested downstairs." 

"We'll be right down," Mila smiled. 

I turned back around and joined Evelyn, Chloe, and Carol downstairs, all of us standing in front of my grandmother. Seconds later, the other three came down. 

"Ladies," my grandmother nodded. "And Archer," she smiled at me. "Tomorrow we will have a photoshoot." 

Evelyn stumbled beside me. I grabbed her waist, steadying her, and letting out a small chuckle. 

"Don't get so nervous darling, you'll do great," my grandmother smiled at Evelyn. "Archer will get a photograph taken with each of you." 

"Photograph?" Mila mumbled. 

"Or photographs, maybe more than one," she said as she stood up. 

"What is this for, Lady Beatrice?" Candace asked. 

"This is to help us all understand which one out of you beautiful six girls looks the best with my grandson here." 

"Why do we need photographs? That could be decided right now just by looking at them," my mother said, rolling her eyes. 

"Did I ask you, Arabella? Exactly, no. So keep quiet." 

I bit back a laugh and listened quietly. 

"Photographs are very important when it comes to a royal couple and royal families. This will help us see who looks the best with Archer and take him a step closer to choosing his wife. So tomorrow at noon. Be ready, ladies." She walked away, shooting me a look. 

"A photoshoot!" Chloe squealed as soon as my grandmother left the room. She left with Carol, both of them talking about which dresses they will wear. 

"A photoshoot?" Evelyn asked, looking at me. 

"You'll look great." 

"No, I hate getting pictures clicked. My mother hates me for it," she scoffed. 

"We'll manage." 

She looked at me quizzically. 

"I hate getting pictures taken too," I shrugged. 

"And you get them taken all the time." Her nose scrunched up. 

"Yes, I do," I sighed, nodding my head. 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

I knocked on her door as I stepped out of my room. It was currently eight and we were heading out for dinner. I was waiting for her to come out and then we would leave. 

"Come in!" she called out. 

I opened the door and saw her bathroom door open where she stood, tying her hair. 

She had her hair pulled back in a low, elegant bun with strands framing her face. She was wearing a gorgeous emerald green dress with black heels and she had small hoops in her ears. She flicked the light off and came outside, stopping in her tracks when she saw me. "Oh, hi!" She smiled, straightening out her dress. She scanned the room and then decided she wasn't leaving anything behind. "Am I late?" she asked, glancing at the clock. 

"Not at all," I said absentmindedly while my eyes took her in. 

She stood in front of me, rubbing her palms on her dress. "Archer," she cleared her throat. 

I blinked, looking up at her face. 

She had a little bit of makeup on, I could tell from the small brown wing in the corner of her eyes and the way her cheeks were glowing with tiny specks of glitter which I saw when she walked over. 

"Yes?" I snapped out of it when she snapped her fingers in front of my face. 

She raised her brows at me questioningly. 

"You look... wow," I mumbled, checking her out again. 

"Thank you," she smiled, her cheeks getting a touch pinker. "You look very handsome," she complimented in return. 

"Thank you," I bowed my head. "Shall we?" I extended my arm and she linked her own with mine. I flicked the lights to her room off on our way out and then we headed downstairs. I pulled her to the dining hall where we said bye to everyone. 

She didn't want to do that, but not only did my grandmother tell me earlier that she wanted to see us before we left, but I also wanted to rub it in my mother's and Chloe's face. 

I saw my grandmother smacking my father's arm. "Look at how wonderful they look together," she said. 

My father whispered something in response but I couldn't hear him. 

"Enjoy your night," Caroline sang, waving at us. 

"You both look so good, have fun!" Mila grinned. 

"Have a good time," my father nodded. 

Nobody else said anything. 

"Bye," Evelyn waved at everyone, and then we continued walking out. 

Jonathan was ready when we got there. 

I went and opened the passenger side door for Evelyn and then took the keys from him upon walking back. "Take your leave, please," I nodded. 

"Thank you, your majesty," he bowed his head before walking away to the staff quarters. 

I climbed in and then started driving. I rolled both our windows down and caught her smiling, looking out of the window. 

"Archer?" 

"Yes?" 

"Would you mind if we stop by at my house on our way back? I would like to see my parents," she said softly. 

"Of course, we'll stop on our way back," I agreed. 

"Thank you." 

I glanced at her, watching her gleam. "Anytime," I smiled to myself while keeping my eyes on the road. 

Around ten minutes later, we reached the restaurant. And it wasn't Fun & Food. 

"I thought we decided nowhere fancy," she frowned in confusion. 

"Clearly, that was a lie when you said you wanted to eat at Fun & Food." 

"Why do you say that?" she scoffed. 

"You aren't dressed for Fun & Food. You're dressed for a fancy restaurant," I smirked. 

"I should have known when I saw you, but then again, you dress like this every day," she shrugged. 

I chuckled, turning the car off and stepping out, getting the door for her and taking her hand, leading her inside. 

She's not wrong. 

I do dress like this every day. I was wearing a simple white button-up. I lost the blazer for tonight and rolled up the sleeves, leaving the first two buttons open like I do every day. 

"Your majesty," the waiter bowed his head and then led us to the table. 

I booked for a secluded table in the back. It was situated beside the huge glass window that had a view of the garden which held their outdoor tables. 

"This is very fancy," she said while I pulled out her chair for her. 

"You won't regret it," I whispered in her ear before going and taking my seat.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 20

PSA: I found people who match what I picture the characters to look like and I put that up on the characters/aesthetics page so make sure to go check that out and let me know what you think of the people I chose.

next chapter: life 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516 71 7
"You kissed me in front of thousands of people today" I yelled when he smirked and removed his blazer and said "Do not be mistaken darling, it meant...
98 1 1
Princess. All my life, I have been waiting to become Queen, to finally be entitled to the throne. Having sleepless nights, studying hard, practicing...
1.1K 15 55
Aleah has been told all her life that she is worthless and weak by her older sister, Amora. But, when Aleah finds out that she is going to be betroth...
2.9K 171 72
Best Ranking #2 in Action-Adventure. He yearned for her vanilla-tasting lips and skin. Are you going to kiss me, Princess? Azrael whispered onto he...