β™‘ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ α΄›α΄€ΚŸα΄‡Ι΄α΄›s β™‘

By -KawaiiWeeb-

These are some one-shots I have written about the secret talents of our cute lil sunshine, Hinata Shoyou. I w... More

Hello Everyone!
β€’ Foreign Language β€’
β€’ Paintings β€’
β€’ The Beach (part 1) β€’
β€’ The Beach (part 2) β€’
UPDATE
β€’ Karaoke Surprise β€’
HIATUS
β€’ Demon! β€’
β€’ Ice-Skates β€’
β€’ Talent Show β€’
β€’ Bows and Arrows β€’
NEW BOOK!!!
β€’ The Enchanted Dance β€’
✨ T A G G E D ✨
β€’ Capture The Moment β€’
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
β€’Spilling Tik toks β€’
Hmmm...
β€’ Horses and Stables β€’
β€’ Gymnastics β€’
β€’ A Bloody Secret β€’
Another announcement!!
β€’ Problem At The Zoo β€’
β€’ The Band β€’
Literally my life
β€’ Imposter β€’
β€’ Musical keys β€’
Merry Christmas!!!
Special For Christmas
β€’ Tricks β€’
β€’ Goal! β€’
200 Followers?!
β€’ Birthday Surprise β€’
β€’ Fanfictions β€’
β€’ Palettes and Brushes β€’
β€’ A Violin Duet β€’
β€’ Masked Youtuber β€’
β€’ The Perfect Model β€’
100k + ANNOUNCEMENTS!!
β€’ Photoshoots β€’
A/N
β€’ The Pretty Racer β€’
β€’ Genius Inventor β€’
Sk8 The Infinity
β€’ Tattoo Artist β€’
β€’ Secret Agent β€’
HAPPY BDAY SUNSHINE <3
β€’ Skate Boarding β€’
--UPDATE--

β€’ Dive in β€’

3.3K 114 22
By -KawaiiWeeb-

This was suggested by The_Wandering_Seal

I hope this one shot is to your liking and now lets get into it-

***

They have been waiting their whole lives for the short 3 minutes that they were about to experience.

Sure they know the feeling of a team, even when swimming was considered an individual sport, and of course they've swam many important races in their lives but this was on a whole other level.

One by one, the teams walked up to their lane, each followed by a thunderous roar from the crowd. As the boys from Karasuno High approached the lane, the cheer almost felt like it faded. Perhaps it was because their school wasn't as well known as all others that had shown up today. 

At one time, Karasuno's medley relay team had been to Nationals but the former glory had long passed. However, the new team was determined to show the world that the crows could soar the skies once again.

"Don't throw up again you dumbass!", Kageyama shouted at Hinata, whose face had turn a shade of purple and green.

"I-I-I'm not!", Hinata stuttered looking at the huge audience they had. All the lights had been turned off except for one sole light that was aimed at the teams in order to introduce them.

"Shut up you idiots, they're announcing the teams and you're the only ones talking.", Tsukishima whispered.

The spotlight had moved to lane three, where Seijou's team stood.

"And from Aobajosai High, we have Oikawa Tooru, Matsukawa Issei , Kyotani Kentaro, Iwaizumi Hajime!", the host yelled. At the moment Oikawa's name was announced, the sound of girls squeals filled the pool, earning a grin from the "king" of backstroke, as so he was called.

"You should focus more on your swimming, Shittykawa." Iwaizumi's voice was clearly heard throughout the whole pool and over the screams from their fans as he punched his boyfriend in the back of his head.

"Your such a mom, Iwa-chan.", Oikawa replied back.

Their moment was interrupted by the spotlight moving to the most feared team.

"Shiratorizawa! They're here as the fastest like always, with Satori Tendo, Eita Semi, Reon Ohira, and of course, the one and only, Wakatoshi Ushijima! Will anyone able to beat them this year?", the announcer was barely heard over the sound of their school's cheer, chanting the the name of their school over and over.

 It was as if a shadow suddenly fell over the pool as all the teams glared towards the center, hoping that they would be the team to take home gold.

Karasuno's team paid little attention to the rest of the announcement, yet they knew each one of their opponents by heart. Fukurodani was in lane 5 with Saruki, Akaashi, Washio and Bokuto and next to them was Nekoma with Lev, Kenma, Yamamoto and Kuroo.

All the way at the end, in lane 8 was Karasuno. They were the last to qualify and the slowest out of every one of the teams. And to add on to the panic, three out of four swimmers on their team were first years while every other team was composed completely or almost completely of third years.

When the light finally made its way their lane, it felt as if time had stopped for all of them. Even though they were the slowest, even though they were the underdogs, even if their cheers weren't as loud, they were here.

They were at the Nationals.

Hinata gave Tsukishima a thumbs up, which of course was ignored by the blonde.

"Swimmers take your mark.", the official's voice said, muffled by the speaker. The backstrokers pulled themselves into the block, squeezing themselves into as tight of a space as possible, building up the energy to erupt at the sound of the signal.

Tsukishima breathed in and closed his eyes. Each second went by too slow when anticipating the sound that meant their release.

And there was the sound of the signal. He flung himself backwards, arching his back for a momentary second above the water. His feet, still on the touchpad, pushed off with all his might. Each swimmer was submerged under the water, but they moved with such grace that it looked at if they were flying through the air.

You can ask a swimmer what they were thinking through the race. They'll always tell you that they were worrying about every single detail of their stroke. What they need to come out on top and give the rest of your team a lead. They're aware of every single thing that they're doing and trying to remind themselves of all the tiny things that could add up to taking off a mere millisecond off their time.

But every tiny thing does matter because no matter how small the difference is, a faster time is a faster time. That one tiny thing could be the difference between standing on the podium and regret and shame.

Even with everything going through their minds, one voice stands out. It only says, "faster". In fact, it's all that anyone needs. Faster. Faster. Faster turns. Faster stroke. Ignore their body screaming because it's at its limit and go faster. Every inch of their body tells them to stop and they can't even breathe as water fills up their lungs, but their mind says, "faster."

"Go Tsukishimaaa!", the team shouted as they rounded his turn. It was no surprise that Karasuno wasn't leading. In fact, they were nowhere close, but at least they weren't last for now.

By then, Karasuno was in 7th and somehow, Sugawara managed to pull them to 6th. The swimmers splashed around as if they were a stone, skipping across the water. Fly was an exhausting stroke, so after the turn and coming back, the swimmers were all noticeably tired.

"Kageyama, bring us to 4th at least!", Hinata said to Kageyama, who was already stepping up on the block.

And he did as told. Hinata jumped up and down, warming up his body for his turn next.

"Don't mess this up Shrimpy.", Tsukishima warned as Hinata slid his goggles over his eyes.

"Like I would.", Hinata grinned, stepping up onto the block.

The other teams had started to dive off the block when Kageyama was still closing in on the wall. Hinata extended his arms in front of him and stared with concentration. His feet stepped into leap as the blonde took his last stroke and he flew. Hinata may be short, but he sure made up for it in his dive.

Everyone was all cheering at once, the final hype of the last swimmer. The tired teammates of the final swimmers found, from somewhere deep inside of them, just a bit more energy to shout for their school.

The pool was loud and each swimmer probably heard the muffled and blended sound of everyone. It didn't matter though. Everything was fuel that urged them forward, making water part way for them and slipping through the crisp coolness of the water. Their hurried breaths were drowned out by the water flung through the air.

For a second, he was a crow, flying over the water. And before he knew it, he was in the water. He could hear the cheers. It didn't matter if they weren't for him, every cheer made his blood the pump through his veins.

Faster. Faster.

With every stroke, he felt pain, but he also felt happy to be in the pool. He needed to pass others and not be passed. Although Hinata was no prodigy like Kageyama, he worked hard to be the swimmer he was now. Effortlessly in and out of the turn. Closer and closer to the wall.

And at last, the burden was off of him as his hand slammed into the touchpad. He lifted him head up just in time to see the score board. 

***

First Place: Karasuno

Second Place: Shiratorizawa

Third Place: Aoba Johsai

***

Hinata struggled against his legs, which were able to give out, to climb up out of the pool, collapsing on the tile floor.

The moment he collapsed on the floor, the team and his friends who came to watch their match surrounded him with hugs. Some were even tearing up as he not only placed their team in the 1st place but he had also restored glory back to their school.

They complimented him to the utmost which made Hinata quite flustered. But in the end of the day, all that mattered was that they won.

He hadn't lost hope for not even a minute and now, there he was.

Standing proudly with a wide smile across his face as he stood alongside with his team, with a gold medal loosely hanging around his neck. 

***

I hope you enjoyed this and also if you didn't know, I started a new book called "Ice Skating & Volleyball". Most likely I am going to change the title but anyways if your interested, please check it out. 

It is also my first ever crossover book and it is Haikyuu x Yuri on Ice. Well that's all I have to say so imma see you all later!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 2K 37
β€’β€’β€’ Hinata Shoyo, the smart, hot, tall, daddy-like...... in short PERFECT. Everything about him is Perfect. Every girl simps for him even a boy. He...
31.6K 1K 23
A book for random oneshots of Kenhina πŸ§‘πŸ’› + Plus some with extra people or ships at times This ship is adorable 🧑 Its all fluff πŸ’› With some AUs 🧑...
16.2K 435 14
All of the Hinata simps in a light happy romance story. Stories will be one or two chapters long but no more :) (there will be dirty jokes so if you...
103K 3.9K 73
✨O I H I N A✨ (ready to be adapted, contact me) Hinata Shouyo, a well known Half american Model and Photographer. His career started with him being p...