I Ain't Gonna Fence You In •...

By livexfreely

** IN PROCESS OF REWRITING ** Louis Tomlinson is a 18 year old city boy who is forced to spend his summer be... More

Authors note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7 *
8
9
10 *
11
13 (End) * plus AN
PLEASE READ!!

12

2.3K 99 118
By livexfreely

Louis felt nervous when they pulled up to the bonfire. He felt this because he knew no one. Harry knew people but didn't talk to them. He hoped that the two girls Diane mentioned yesterday talks to them. It would make him feel so much better about the situation.

When they get out of truck Louis rounds over to Harry and interlocked their fingers. Harry shoves his other hand into his pocket and keeps his head down as they walk towards the blazing flame. The moon reflects off the water of the lake, it's pretty and calming.

He sees about a dozen people surrounding the bonfire sitting on logs. Music is coming from a small speaker sitting by someone's feet. A poppy song coming from it. There are a few people mingling at the edge of the tree line, the smell of marijuana tells him what they're doing. As they almost reach the fire he hears a loud screech.

"Harry!" A small, blonde girl stumbles on the log she was sitting on, pushing a person out of the way to get to the two boys.

"Hey Sadie," Harry greets her with a small smile.

"Oh my god!" She wraps her arms around him. Louis isn't jealous, he's not. "I'm so happy you came!" She hiccups. He can smell the alcohol on her from here.

"Yeah, uh, me and my bo-uh, me and Louis wanted to come hang out for a bit.." he explains.

Wow. Nice. He's just 'Louis' right now.

"Hi, I'm Louis" he smiles tightly and sticks out his free hand that's not holding Harry's hand and shakes hers. She scoffs and pulls him into a sloppy hug.

"A friend of Harry's is a friend of mine! Cmon, Zoey will want to see you!" Sadie slurs she grabs Louis hand and drags them towards the small group of people.

"Oh, Zoey!" Sadie sings, "look who it is!"

A girl with reddish-orange hair turns and meets Louis eyes first, then she looks to Harry. She gasps. "Look who decided to show up"

"Hey Zoe" Harry says with a small wave.

"Can you believe it? Harry actually coming to one of these things?" Sadie says in mock surprise.

"Yeah, what's it been?" She looks up to think, "10 years?" Zoey teases. She then eyes Louis again. He sweats under her stare.

Harry reaches up and scratches the back of his neck, "yeah I guess I just don't have the time..?" He excuses.

"Who's this? Your boyfriend?" She smiles wide at him. Harry squeezes Louis hand in his. He's sweating.

"Y-yeah, this is Louis" he introduces them. She twitches her freckled nose and eyes him.

"He doesn't seem like... your type" Zoey snorts.

"Sure he is!" Sadie says wrapping an arm around Louis shoulders. "Look how pretty he is!" She squeezes Louis cheek. Sadie then perks up. "Do you want a drink? I got shots!" She sing songs digging into her bag.

Louis could use a whole pint.

"Here Harry, drink this!" Sadie says handing Harry a can. He takes it and looks at Louis. Louis shrugs and gives him a look that says go for it.

"I did say we would get drunk together.." Louis says.

Harry smiles letting go of Louis' hand and opens the can. Sadie laughs excitedly. "Louis let's do shots" she says pulling out a quart of vodka and orange juice.

"I love shots" he replies to the bubbly girl, smiling.

"We'll get along great" Sadie smirks. She quickly opens the cap of the bottle, lifts it tilting her head back and then grabs the orange juice taking a huge swig of that as well.

"Fuck Sadie, slow down" he hears Zoey laugh behind them.

"Fuck no, I have a shot buddy now since you won't do them with me" she pouts handing Louis the bottle and the orange juice. He gives Harry a quick look as he sips his can of mixed liquor. And then kicks his head back taking a huge swig of the burning substance. Sadie cheers his on as he takes a huge chug of juice after. "Killed that!" She says grabbing Louis hand. "Come with me!"

He doesn't even get to say anything before she's pulling him towards the fire away from Harry and group of people. Harry shrugs and smiles at him. He sees him turn to stand closer to Zoey as they talk.

"Where are we going?" Louis asks out of breath.

"I need to pee, I cant pee alone, duh" she says rolling her eyes.

Right, of course.

He faces away as Sadie squats in a bush. She hums to herself to the faded sounding music as they are far from the fire. Suddenly she's beside him again with the bottle of vodka. "Another shot?" She asks handing it to him. He takes it. Might as well. Maybe he'll get drunk enough to confront Harry.

They walk back towards the fire after they each rake two more big drinks from the bottle. Sadie is leaning into his side giggling. "So, is he big?"

Louis puts a hand to her mouth. "Shut up!" He's feeling the effects of his four shots. They were huge ones since he likes to get drunk fast.

"What!" She giggles, "Me and Zoey always bet he's packing"

Louis groans, "that's my boyfriend you're talking about" he says flipping his fringe, looking up to try to spot Harry. He's still standing with Zoey's group of friends. He has a new drink in his hand now. He looks, comfortable. Which is good.

"I can't believe you're Jenny Tomlinson nephew! I used to love going to her farm when I was little to ride the horses" Sadie says plopping down on the log. There's a few guys sitting across them. They give Louis a look. They don't look familiar.

"Yeah, I rode a horse for the first time this summer" Louis says excitedly.

"Isnt it sooo fun?" She asks leaning into him. A whiff of vodka from her breath hits his nose. That reminds him.

"Can I have another drink?" He asks and she hands him the bottle. He takes another shot without chasing it with orange juice this time. Suddenly he feels a presence beside him sit down. A strong-arm wraps around his waist. He looks over to see Harry smiling down at him.

"Having fun?" He asks squeezing Louis' hip when he leans into him.

"Yes, much" Louis hums feeling bubbly. "What are you drinking?" He asks grabbing Harry's can and taking a gulp. He cringes at the taste.

"Ew, white claws" he gags handing the drink back to Harry. Harry laughs at him and takes another sip.

A few other people float over, filling the logs surrounding the bonfire. Sadie is singing loudly to the song playing making the two boys laugh at her.

Zoey walks over and sits beside Harry. She whispers something in his ear. Louis can't hear over the music and Sadie's screaming. He tenses.

What the fuck.

Harry nods and starts standing, "Where are you going?" Louis grips his hand tight.

"Zoey lost her phone earlier when she went to the bathroom and wanted to know if I could help her" Harry explains giving him a reassuring smile.

"Oh, I can come and help—" Louis suggest starting to stand up when Zoey cuts him off.

"No!" She stops knowing she sounded desperate. "No, uh, I mean, it's okay," she makes a face. "I think two's enough" she says.

Louis raises his eyebrows and looks at Harry. "Um, alright..." he sits back down. Harry leans down and kisses his cheek quickly, "I'll be right back" he whispers into Louis' ear.

He watches them walk away towards the woods for a solid minute and then Sadie is tugging his arm.

"It's okay, trust me. I see the way he looks at you, he's super gay" Sadie reassured him drunkenly. Louis hopes she's right.

They sit in silence for a bit, Louis racks his brain over scenarios that could be happening in the woods. Zoey on her knees, Harry attached to her neck, kissing her the way he kisses him. Fuck.

"You alright? You look like you're about to kill someone" a deep voice pipes up. He looks towards the voice that belongs to a boy. He has big brown eyes and short hair buzzed off. Louis can barely focus on him.

"I'm fine" he smiles weakly at the guy. What else was he supposed to say? I wanna grab that stupid red head by her hair and drag her to the ground. Yeah. No.

"You and Styles, Eh?" He says more as a question.

"Yeah" he says voice rough with sadness. This was supposed to be a fun night. Not Louis moping all by himself while Harry's with a girl in the woods.

"Glad to see him finally coming out more, you were with him at the country club, right?" He asks.

"Yep, that was me" Louis mutters.

He nods as an answer obviously taking a hint louis doesn't want to talk. Sadie makes a noise beside him.

"What?" He asks flowing her gaze.

"Brad's here" she frowns rolling her eyes. Louis stiffens. He sees Brad walk over with his group of friends. Louis turns away hoping Brad doesn't recognize him.

"Ah, the party has arrived!" He announces cockily. Sadie scoffs and Louis wishes he was that brave. It's probably the liquid courage.

"Well, time to leave the party then!" She stands up taking Louis with her. Louis eyes widen when they lock with Brads.

"Oh, look who it is" he says smirking.

"Please tell me you don't like Brad" Sadie says annoyingly towards Louis.

Louis shakes his head, "No," is all he musters out.

"Good! So that means we're leaving!" She says giving Brad a tight smile as she drags Louis away with her towards the lakes dock.

As they're walking onto the dock, stumbling, Sadie sighs, "I don't understand why Zoey is even friends with him, he's an absolute asshole"

Louis stops. "W-what? Friends with who?" Please don't say it.

"Brad, they used to hook up, even thought we were positive Brad was gay or whatever," she waves her hand in the air. "But, yeah they're friends" she rolls her eyes.

"Oh my god" Louis says, "Sadie..."

"Hmm?" She hums looking him in the eye. And then it hits her as soon as Louis meets her eyes. "Oh no"

"C'mon" Louis says grabbing her hand. He rushes towards the bonfire. The guy from before was still sitting there. No sign of Brad or his friends.

"Where did Brad go?" Louis asks out of breath.

The guy shrugs, "he went over that way" he points towards the woods.

Louis stomach drops.

"Sadie stay here" he says to her. She's way to drunk anyway.

Louis walks, more like a fast jog, towards the edge of the woods. He pushes branches away from himself, ducking under the sticks. The music gets quieter the further he walks. Finally he hears voices.

"What are you two doing out here?" Brads voice fills Louis ears.

He hears Harry then, "looking for Zoeys phone..." he sounds nervous.

Louis goes faster when he finally hits the clearing.

"Thought you were gay? Tryna fuck Zoey now? Don't think your little boyfriend would like that" Brad sneers walking up to Harry and pushing his chest. Harry stumbles back. Zoey moves out of the way catching Louis' eyes.

She smirks, "Looks like we got an audience"

Louis steps closer to the group, "Harry, let's go" he warns slightly. He holds out his hand for Harry to grab.

Harry breathes in deep. He pushes past Brad to be the bigger person. He's about to grab Louis hand when he's pulled back by a large hand on his shoulder. "Fuckin' pussy"

Louis gives Harry a look that says don't, just walk away.

"Not even man enough to fight, his little bitch speaks and Harry the Fairy listens" Brad laughs.

It happens quickly.

Harry turns around in once swift hit with his fist Brads on the ground. Brads up quick though, he grabs Harry and tackles him the ground. "Oh, now he wants to fight!" Brad says spitting blood out of his mouth while hovering above Harry punching him square in the jaw. He sees Harry wince in pain. The group behind him laughs.

Louis can't believe what just happend.

"Stop! Get off of him!" Louis yells running over and grabbing Brad and pushing him off Harry. Harry stands as Brad rolls on the ground from the push. Harry grabs Louis' hand pulling him into his chest.

"Are you okay?" Is the first thing he says. His eyebrow is cut as blood runs from his nose.

"Yes, I'm fine, can we go, please because you're obviously not okay" he holds Harry's face. His eyes narrow, Louis sees he wants to turn back around and continue the fight.

"You're fucked, Styles. You punch like a faggot" Brad yells standing up.

Louis eyes plead with Harry. "Please"

Harry turns around, "I'm fucked? I'm fucked? I think you're jealous of me because I'm okay with who I am. I'm okay with being a fucking faggot" Harry grits his teeth at the word.

The group of Brads friends mouths drop in shock.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" Brad says squaring his shoulders and walking towards Harry.

Louis squeezes his hand tight. "Harry, now" he pulls.

"You heard me. You're just as fuckin' gay as me, ya stupid fuck" he spits back at Brad.

"Go to hell, Harry"

"See ya there, pal" Harry gives him one last look and then he's grabbing Louis closely. They walk quickly away from the group. He looks back and sees Brad standing there looking like an idiot as his friends all stare.

When they arrive back at the house Harry rushes into the barn. Louis quickly follows him calling after him. He's standing in front of Jasper when Louis walks in, he can't see his face from where Louis is. Louis slowly walks up to him. He places a soft hand on his arm to get him to look at him. Harry doesn't budge.

"H, please look at me" Louis begs. His eyes close to tears.

"This is why I didn't want to fucking go" he grits out. His voice is strained.

"I-I'm sorry" Louis apologizes, his voice is soft and quite. Harry's never been upset at him before.

"I told you, Louis." He turns to look down at him. His eyes are red with tears. His nose has dried blood on it now. "I fucking told you" his voice raises.

Jasper neighs behind them due to Harry yelling, "Harry, please calm down" Louis stutters opening and closing his mouth not quite knowing what to do.

Harry rolls his eyes angrily, "No! I won't calm down! I told you that I didn't want to go and you— you fucking made me" he clenched his jaw.

Louis mouth drops open, he crosses his arms. "I didn't make you, Harry." He starts, "yeah, I wanted to go, I wanted to go have fun and meet people. I've been stuck at this farm all summer with you, I've only been with you! You can't fucking keep me all to yourself! sorry for wanting something new"

Harry's face drops instantly. Louis realizes what he said.

"No, I didn't mean it like that, I—" he reaches out to grab Harry's hand.

Harry jerks it away. "No you're right, it doesn't matter anyway, once you leave you're gonna stop talking to me and none of this is going to matter" he motions between them. "I'll go back to being alone and working everyday here for the rest of my life, and you'll go back to the city and be with Colby—"

Louis cuts him off, "—What..? What are you talking about?"

"I seen the texts, I'm not fucking stupid , Louis!" Harry argues back, he runs a hand through his hair.

"What's texts? The texts I never fucking answered? The texts where he wouldn't leave me alone?" Louis tells him in shock. He can't believe he's bringing Colby into this. Those texts were nothing. Louis didn't even respond, let alone engage in talking to him.

"Oh don't fuckin' act like you don't like the attention from him, I saw the way he looked at you pver the phone, you never even told him about us! it's obvious you're fucking embarrassed of me! You probably fucking used me to get off all summer and have something to do, since it's so fucking boring" Harry narrows his eyes at Louis as he lifts his gaze and makes eye contact with him.

Louis frowns. "You don't mean that, Harry, you're just mad" he says softly. He feels a tear slide down his cheek.

"Just leave already Louis, go back and fuck him, be with him! I wish you never came here"

"Fuck you, Harry" he cries. "I wish I never came here either," he sniffles rubbing quickly at his eyes, "...then I wouldn't have fallen in love with you!" He yells.

Quickly, He turns to leave the barn with his arms wrapped around his body. He doesn't hear Harry following him until he speaks.

"You cant just walk away from me" Harry says, his voice rough from yelling. Louis turns and narrows his eyes.

"Oh? But I'm supposed to leave? Go back home? Never talk to you again? That's what you said" he lips back, frustrated at this point.

"I-I'm-" he stutters and squeezes his eyes shut. Louis wants to walk over and rub his thumb over the creases.

"I can't believe you, I can't believe what you're doing to me" Louis says with a dry laugh and turns around again. He makes it to the creaky steps fully crying at this point. He wipes away at his wet cheeks when he hears the truck door slam and the engine start. Harry speeds off down the driveway.

He's gone.

He left.

Louis slams the front door. He kicks his shoes off and runs up stairs to his room. He rips off his jacket and crawls into his bed, under the covers.

He's never cried so hard in his whole life until tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.7K 23
17-year old Harry thinks he's got it all figured out until he falls for a guy named Louis who has nothing to lose.
338 39 8
Based in a strict religious settlement in England, sixteen year old Harry Styles had never had much to do with the misfit Louis Tomlinson. Blind to l...
1.3M 34K 38
A Contract. That's all Louis needs to fulfill himself. A simple signature and a NDA. Louis has been living the life of a dominant for a long time. H...
3K 125 18
31 year-old Louis Tomlinson has been a Drama teacher at the local Catholic Highschool for 5 years, and been in a relationship with Eleanor Calder, Ma...