Indecisive (Loki Laufeyson x...

Autorstwa knightfury23

"Are you alright?" he asks looking me over for any visible injuries. "I'm fine." Not meeting his eyes I turn... Więcej

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
Chapter 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32

CHAPTER 8

1.3K 53 14
Autorstwa knightfury23

Loki's POV:

I was afraid.

When I saw her figure behind him my heart stopped beating.

Had I not been there that second, who knows how events could have played out.

Scenarios played and replayed in my head nonstop.

But why?

Why was I out of all people worried about her safety?

She was just a girl. She was Y/N.

Ignorant, and rude. She didn't like being told what to do, even coming from me.

I wanted to go see her.

Her smile was infectious and even though I was never the cause nor did she rarely ever in my presence, it was welcoming.

After being lost in my thoughts for a few brief moments, I finally snapped out of it.

She was just a girl.

I repeated it over and over attempting to convince myself, but there was a part of me that didn't want to.

I needed to shove whatever I was feeling deep down inside me and lock it behind a closed door.

*******

Walking around the courtyard to clear the sentiments from my mind, she came into my view.

Gracefully striding up and down the paths of the garden.

I was about to walk up to her when my arrogant brother beat me to it.

Y/N's POV:

As I admired the gorgeous and flourished gardens that wove around me; I could see a figure from the corner of my eye approaching me.

Just as turned my head to look over my shoulder, a voice came yelling from the other side of me.

"Lady Y/N I'm glad I could catch you before dinner. I wish only to take a moment of your time."

"Oh? what about?"

"I'm journeying back to earth for a bit, and since it's where you are from; I was curious to see If you wish to accompany me?"

"Yes. I would love to. I think my mothers due for a visit."

"Wonderful! We depart tomorrow at noon."

I smile and nodded.

"I'm going to go pack my stuff."

Leaving the garden, I made my way up the palace steps and into the corridor.

I unlocked my door and began packing the few things I was bringing with me.

I had only the torn and thin shirt and pants that I had been brought here in, and they would never do.

I packed a few dresses that ranged from formal and casual depending on what we'd end up doing during the time we were there.

I walked towards the bed and sat down observing every inch of the room that I'd been so fortunate to stay in for the past week.

It was truly a magnificent place.

I gazed around once more before deciding to roam the halls of the palace; as I had done so many nights before.

I could never get enough of the stunning designs and architecture of the palace and its beautiful tall windows that lined every hallway facing the outside.

I pushed myself up from the bed and walked towards the door before shutting and locking it.

With every step I took, I seemed to get lost in my mind.

When I snapped out of my thoughts I had come upon the doors of the ballroom.

I gently pushed my hand against its hard surface to see if it was unlocked.

Pushing it more open, I looked around the hallways to see if anyone was around and slipped inside; closing the door as quietly as possible behind me.

Wow.

With the room empty, I felt so small.

I saw the balcony across the room and ran to its doors.

Pushing it open, a gust of wind blew my hair behind my shoulders.

It was slightly cold, but since the sun hadn't completely gone down yet it was quite enjoyable.

At that moment I felt like I was the only girl in the world.

Nothing else mattered.

I was uncontrollably smiling, and I hadn't the slightest clue why.

I twirled in circles letting my dress sway around me.

I was happy.

Running back inside the room, I did cartwheels down the floor and jumped around.

I was lost in the moment.

After almost passing out from all the exercise; I walked back out onto the balcony, placing my hands against the now cold railings.

Taking deep breaths in and out, a tall figure with slicked-back hair came from behind me; hands together behind his back.

"Good evening," he said coldly.

I looked at him, his eyes focused on the scenery in front of us.

"Good evening?" I replied with confusion.

"I heard you're leaving tomorrow with my brother for earth."

"I am."

Our conversations always seemed to end as soon as they started, but he didn't seem like the type to talk a lot.

"Will you be returning to Asgard?"

"I hope so, I'm not quite sure how long we'll be, but if I'm welcomed back I would love to."

There it was again.

Silence.

"Would you like to have a last dance before you leave?"

"Would I what??"

Was he really asking me to dance after the events of the last time we were in this room?

"It's not a difficult answer Y/N. Yes or no."

Laughter overwhelmed me.

I held my stomach as I bent over trying to control myself.

"Oh god, I'm sorry. Truly. I just would never pick you to ever ask me to dance again."

Wiping the tears from my eyes, I looked up to see his face; stone-cold serious.

He said nothing as he waited for my answer.

Fixing myself in an upright position and controlling myself once more, I agreed to dance.

He held his arm out for me to grab onto as we walked back into the room together.

Turning to face him, my eyes wandered up from the floor- locking onto his. The ocean blue eyes I had come to know all too well; stare right through mine. As I placed my chilled hand into his, a wave of warmth courses through my body. His alternate hand reaches the top of my back; slowly, and subtly finding its place on my waist. Butterflies began to flutter in my stomach as he took the lead.

With each step he took, mine followed. 

Our eyes lost in each others.

We danced for what seemed like hours. 

I was twirled and dipped, but each time my eyes found their way back to his. 

As the night grew old, the once graceful dance came to an end. 

As sweat was about to drip from my forehead, I proceeded towards the balcony for some much-needed air. 

I could hear the light sound from his footprints as he pursued me.

"Following me I presume?"

"Just getting some air, same as you."

His body drifted beside mine leaning against the railing. 

My heart began to race relentlessly.

"I... I really must be going. I have a few things I need to attend to before I leave tomorrow. It was a pleasure dancing with you."

Leaving to exit the balcony, his strong hand gripped my arm; pulling me towards him. 

I could feel his breath graze my skin as his face stand inches from mine. Chills running up and down my body. 

His hand placed itself against the left side of my cheek drawing me closer. 

Feeling the softness of his lips as they hovered over mine, almost melting me into his arms. 

I could feel his lips slowly curl into a smile, stimulating mine do to the same. 

I looked back up to his eyes before letting myself lose control. 

But he pulled away. 

This time he was laughing at me; more like mocking. 

"Hahaha, you really thought I would kiss you? Do you think that you have that effect on me? You should have seen your face. You were practically drooling over me."

The butterflies that were once in my stomach were overcome with a ball of rage. 

Before he could let out his last laugh, I raised my hand and swung it as hard as I could across his face. 

A stinging pain shot through my hand as it collided with his cheek.

His hand now feeling the red on his cheek, his laughter now too was consumed by rage. 

"Don't ever. Try that again."

I raised my hand once more to slap him when it was caught by his arm twisting it around to my back. 

My back was now facing his chest as he leaned down to my ear once more. 

"Now, apologize."

I lifted my leg and slammed into his foot breaking me free from his grasp. 

He grunted in pain. 

I grabbed the end of my dress and as began to exit I turned around and said, "Don't ever come near me again."

And with that, I ran as fast as I could through the ballroom doors and into the empty hallways. 

My dress and hair flowing behind me as I sped up. 

Tears began to stream down my face as I had just barely made it to my room before anyone could catch me. 

I shut the door, locking it behind me as I pressed my back against its wooden frame; slowly lowering myself to the floor. 

My knees hit my chest with my arms wrapped around them, a few more tears fell from my eyes. 

I'm so stupid. So stupid. To think that he would actually do it. I didn't want to either. Did I?

Many thoughts ran through my head, before tiring me out. 

My eyes were now crusty and my tears had dried on my cheeks. 

And then suddenly I had a change in emotion. 

I'm not going to cry over him. I had no feelings for him and he had none for me and that's just the way it's been and will always be. 

I got up from behind the door and walked over to the tub.

I turned the nozzle to hot and began running a bath. 

When it filled up I slid in and closed my eyes for a few minutes taking in the calming environment I had created for myself. 

I didn't care anymore. 

Loki's POV:

I don't know what came over me. 

I don't know why I acted like that. It was rude of me to make her think something was about to happen and then laugh in her face. 

She didn't deserve that.

She also didn't need to know how I felt towards her. 

Hell, I didn't even know what I felt. 

It's just better for both of us if my feelings stay closed off and we remain the way we always were. 

But was that what I really wanted? 

I dragged myself through the empty corridor leading to the library.

I was filled with anger and guilt. 

My hand clutched the now-forming bruise that she had left on my cheek. 

Who did she think she was slapping me?

Even if I deserved it I'm a prince. No one lays their hand on me. 

I pushed open the library doors and made my way over to one of the seats by the window. I laid down on it; placing my hand under my head and shutting my eyes.

No matter how many times I tried to think of something else, she always popped into my mind. 

The way she looked at me when she left the balcony and how she hit me with her foot. How real her words sounded when they left her mouth.

There was nothing for me to do now. 

It was best I just let it be and let her go tomorrow with Thor. Who knows how long it would be until I saw her next. 

Y/N's POV:

After soaking for almost an hour, my fingers began to prune.

 I decided it was time to get out and get as much rest as I could before tomorrow. 

I changed out of my towel into a white nightgown before brushing my hair and getting into bed. 

As I lay down, head against my pillow my thoughts intrude my peace of mind once again. 

I wonder if he felt bad after what he's done? Who am I kidding though this is Loki we're talking about. He cares about no one. 

With all that was on my mind, my eyes became weary and I drifted into a peaceful dormancy.

********

I was awoken by the light of the bright sun that shone through my window hitting me in the face. 

The bright light was enough to blind someone as they adjusted to its glow. 

Today was the day I was going home. 

I quickly changed into a light blue sundress before heading to the dining hall for brunch. 

I was hoping to say goodbye to all my friends before I left with Thor. 

Sitting down at our crowded table, my eyes couldn't help but wonder the room for searching his black hair and green and gold suit. 

He was nowhere to be found. 

It actually gave me relief that I wouldn't be seeing him before I left. 

"Y/N I hope we see you soon, it's going to be weird without you two here with us," Sif said whilst pulling me into a tight hug. 

"I'll be back soon don't worry. " I smiled back. 

I left the hall looking back to wave them goodbye as I left to my room to fetch my small suitcase. 

I met Thor at the entrance of the rainbow bridge as we both said our goodbyes to Frigga and Odin. 

He held out his arm for me to grab onto; while he swung his hammer flying us towards the Bifrost.

"To earth Heimdall."

Within seconds we had made it into the glowing tunnel of the Bifrost. 

We landed harshly ontop of a metal tower that seemed to be located in the middle of New York. 

The tall buildings surrounded us, as the busy traffic moved below us. 

"Where are we?" I asked. 

"Ah lady Y/N we are at the Avengers tower. I sincerely hope you don't mind if we stay here a few days before seeing your mother?"

"No no, not at all."

"Alright, let us announce our arrival."

We flew down to the entrance of the Avengers tower where bodyguards in black suits stood by the doors inside. 

After seeing who Thor was they took out their radios and spoke into them before letting us inside. 

It was a huge, tall building. 

Filled with windows and desks. 

Businessmen and women were working at them all around us. 

"This way Y/N, to the thing you humans call elevators. "

We stepped inside, closing the door before looking at the many numbers of floors on the right wall of the elevator. 

We were heading to the 91st floor. 

My anxiety inside me began to rise as the elevator came closer and closer to the floor we needed to get off of. 

When I heard the ding of us reaching our floor level my legs began to slight shake. 

I took a deep breath as the doors opened and walked inside. 

"Ah Thor nice to have you back... and who's the girl you brought with you?"

A deep voice from behind a bar came forward. 

"Lady Y/N meet Tony, Tony meet Lady Y/n."

"Nice to meet you, I'm gonna call you Y/N okay?"

"Nice to meet you too and yes that's perfect."

"Tony she can heal herself and, and she has enhanced speed, reflexes, and stamina," Thor shouted enthusiastically.

"Oh she does, does she," he replied looking at me to answer. 

"Yes. I do."

"Well here come on in and meet the gang. Scotch?"

"I'm alright thanks."

We walked towards the center of the room where a group of people stood crowding around a table. 

"Guys, I want you to meet Y/N Thor brought her to visit." 

A tall figure with short brown hair turned around holding out his hand for me to shake, "Hi Y/N, I'm Steve Rogers."

"Nice to meet you."

"And this is Natasha Romanoff," he said pointing to a redhead sitting at the table. 

"Bruce Banner," a shorter man with a white lab coat with glasses tucked into them waved towards me. 

"Clint Barton," he pointed to a shorter man with short brown hair, with a bow on his back. 

"You've met Tony and Thor. Wanda, Vision, and Rhodey aren't here right now, but I'm sure you'll meet them aswell." 

"It's nice to meet you all."

"Oh and one other person. James Barnes, but we all just call him Bucky."

He stepped out of the way of the table gesturing his hands to the end.

There he sat, Seargent Barnes.

I was frozen with fear. 

No words escaped my mouth except a small scream before I covered it with my hand. 

My knees fell weak and I began to lose balance. 

Steve and Thor both came to my side to help steady me. 

"Lady Y/N what's wrong?"

"It's him."

**********

Make sure to share this story with your friends and vote if you like it! Don't be afraid to comment aswell.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

6.5K 139 8
A short story with rather long chapters in which you joined the Avengers and caught the attention of a certain someone. Since I wanted to write a wh...
65.6K 1.6K 25
▶︎𝑰 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒖𝒑 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕... 𝑻𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒊'𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕... 𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒚, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆�...
203K 5.2K 200
"You're staring." Bucky speaks with some insecurity in his voice "You can't blame me, Barnes." I shake my head with a smirk. "You're just a sight I d...
76.4K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...