Just Smile: A Naruto Fanficti...

By jarodlikestowrite

"Just smile, Naruto!" When he was six years old, Naruto Namikaze's life changed forever when the Nine-Tailed... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Friend
Chapter 3: Prospect
Chapter 4: Failure
Chapter 5: Start
Chapter 6: Slash
Chapter 7: Warm Up
Chapter 8: Genetics
Chapter 9: Uchiha
Chapter 10: Crack
Chapter 11: Shatter
Chapter 12: Promotion
Chapter 13: A Year Later
Chapter 14: Whirlpools
Chapter 15: Scream
Chapter 16: Cult
Chapter 17: Future
Chapter 18: Plot
Chapter 19: Death
Chapter 20: Bright
Chapter 21: Sparring
Chapter 22: C-Rank
Chapter 23: Belief
Chapter 24: Glimpse
Chapter 25: Blend
Chapter 26: Fortune
Chapter 27: Rescue Part 1
Chapter 28: Rescue #2/Hatred
Chapter 29: Exams
Chapter 30: Of the Sand
Chapter 31: Hint of War
Chapter 32: Underneath
Chapter 33: Burning Love
Chapter 34: Demon
Chapter 35: Funeral
Chapter 36: Farewells
Chapter 37: Shadows
Chapter 38: Questions
Chapter 39: Descent
Chapter 40: Dark
Chapter 41: Memories of Help
Chapter 42: A Promise
Chapter 43: Abyss
Chapter 44: Revival
Chapter 45: The Akatsuki
Chapter 46: Kumo
Chapter 47: Kage Summit
Chapter 48: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 49: Battlefield
Chapter 50: Checked
Chapter 51: Burning Steel
Chapter 52: Legendary Battle
Chapter 53: Duel of Fates
Chapter 54: The Second Sage of Six Paths
Chapter 55: Brothers
Chapter 57: God
Epilogue

Chapter 56: Resolve

3.6K 100 42
By jarodlikestowrite

Indra glared at Ashura, who glared right back at Indra. The ancient entities leaking out killing intent, their chakra oozing off of their bodies like heat from a radiator. "It's time we resolve this brother," Indra began. "Once and for all. Father can't save you now!" 

"If I remember correctly," Ashura said as he unsheathed the sword on his back, watching as Indra's Sharingan sprung to life. "Father was the one to save your life, not the other way around." Indra snarled.

"Because he gave you his power! Without him, you are nothing but a weakling!" He took out his own sword, the moonlight bouncing off the shiny steel as he held it with both hands out in front of him. 

"Stop," Naruto whispered, his Rinnegan springing to life as he cleared his head. "Both of you." He stood up slowly. "You both don't belong here. Your time is finished." 

"Shut up," Indra shouted. "You're a disappointment! You failed your own mission and now deal with the consequences!" Indra flashed in front of Naruto, driving his fist into the white-haired man's stomach. "This a personal feud. Not even you can do anything now." 

"No," Naruto whispered as he grabbed onto Indra's arm, the Otsutsuki's eyes widening in shock as his Sharingan met Naruto's evolved Rinnegan. "I refuse to let you fight." He delivered his own punch to Indra, the fist hitting ten times harder than Indra's punch did. "I'm sick of playing games. I swore to Hagoromo I'd bring peace to this world," He said darkly as he grabbed Indra's hair. "And I will not let your squabble interfere with that." 

"Naruto. . ." Sasuke whispered as he watched his sensei deal with the two unknown entities in front of him. Naruto looked over to Ashura. 

"Are you wanting to fight me as well?" He asked, his voice a monotone. Ashura looked at his hunched over brother and sheathed his sword. "I do not want to you, I want to fight him. He's too dangerous to this world." 

"I will take care of him," Naruto said confidently. He looked down at Indra and used Kamui, teleporting him to the Kamui Dimension. "There, Indra Otsutsuki is no longer part of this world and I'm certain he cannot get out of the Kamui Dimension, if he does anyone who has access to Kamui will be able to tell." 

Ashura nodded. "I see," He met Naruto's eyes. "Then what of me? If at all possible I'd like to explore this world, uh," He suddenly chuckled. "What's your name again?" Everyone on the battlefield who heard him had a large drop of sweat comically go down the side of their heads. 

"My name is Naruto," Naruto said with a chuckle. "It feels good to laugh again, I must admit." Ashura laughed.

"Well Naruto-nii, I'd like to explore the world. I mean, you're going to rule it right? Is that alright?" 

"What?" Was the collective gasp that filled Naruto's ears. Naruto shook his head. 

"I guess it is fitting you call me brother, I mean, we do share the same father in spirit. All right, I guess you can travel the world. I trust you not to make a mess of things?" Ashura nodded happily. 

"Yep! When I woke up I saw a lot of your memories as well as the conversation with my father, and I want you to know that even though I'd take a different approach in order to get peace, I'll respect your way and help when need be." 

Naruto nodded. "That's all I can ask. I'm sure you're curious on how the world has changed and the sight of dead bodies isn't really helping to give you a better image, so go out and see. If I need you I'll find you." Ashura cocked his head to the side, confused.

"How?" Naruto smiled. 

"If I concentrate hard enough, I can sense every single life in the Shinobi Nations. I guess having Six Paths chakra made me a sensor of unparelled ability." He looked down at his hand. "I know I can make my old dream a reality." 

"Well," Ashura began, looking at the people on the battlefield. "I will see you all later." And with that, he vanished. 

Naruto's shoulders visibly lost all tension as his Rinnegan deactivated, leaving himself alone by several other bystanders. "Naruto," Obito whispered as he walked over to his younger brother. "We are war criminals. They are going to kill us." His voice was soft but firm. 

He had accepted this fate. He knew what would happen if he was caught from the beginning. He had killed and caused the deaths of thousands of shinobi and civilians. He was the one who released the Kyuubi from Kushina all those years ago. He was the one responsible for the Civil War in the Hidden Mist. He manipulated Nagato and took control of the Akatsuki which were responsible for even more deaths. 

He was not an innocent. Even if he changed sides in the end, he knew it was either death or life in prison. He would have his eyes taken out of his skull and his chakra sealed off and left to die in a jail cell which did not have a key. 

"I won't let them," Naruto spoke gently as he met his brother's eyes. "We've suffered to much to die now. We still need to bring peace, and I want you by my side when that comes to pass." Obito shook his head. 

"Foolish little brother," He whispered. "I can't walk along the same path as you are meant to." He walked past Naruto, all eyes on him as he approached Madara's corpse. With his left hand he took out his eye before kneeling down, his pale white skin reflecting in the moonlight as he took out one of Madara's Rinnegan eyes and implanted it into his eye socket. 

He turned around to Naruto, a sad but sincere smile on his face. "It seems, Naruto, that I can save you from at least some of the hatred that will come your way." He returned to Naruto's side and engulfed the shocked white-haired shinobi into a tight hug. "I swore I would protect you, allow your big brother to fulfill his promise." 

"Obito-nii," Naruto whispered with concerned eyes. "No, you don't have to do this." Obito shook his head. Yes he did. If there was even the slightest chance that this would help Naruto in his quest for peace, he would be the sacrificial pawn. He had caused Naruto to go down this path, he had helped him along the way and did nothing while his younger brother suffered in the Hidden Leaf, but perhaps he could alleviate some of the future suffering that would come. 

He clasped both hands together, a clap ringing in his ears as the Rinnegan in his left eye glowed slightly. "I will do what I can to help you achieve peace, little brother, I leave the rest to you." He looked over to the Edo-Tenseified versions of the Kage, Itachi, Shisui, and Kushina. "I'm sorry, but I won't be able to bring any of you back." 

"Obito. . ." Minato whispered in shock. He knew now that Obito was the masked man that had released the Kyuubi all those years ago. He knew he had killed his daughter. But he could not bring himself to hate his former student despite all the evil he had done in the past. He was redeeming himself with one final act. 

And for the Fourth Hokage that was enough. 

"We will see you soon, Obito." Kushina stated softly with a smile on her lips. Obito's lips curled upward in the smallest of smiles. He was satisfied. He mustered up his chakra and concentrated. 

"Gedo Art: Rinne Rebirth!" He cried out as the King of Hell rose from the ground behind him, opening its mouth as thousands of souls poured out, reaching their bodies and healing the shinobi who had died during the entirety of the war. "It's not enough," Obito suddenly whispered as he grit his teeth. "I don't have enough chakra!" Suddenly he was flanked by Tobirama and Hashirama, who placed their hands on his shoulder.

"Take as much as you need," Hashirama spoke quietly.

"Never thought I'd give my chakra to an Uchiha, but save the lives you destroyed." Hashirama sent his brother a glare, but Tobirama didn't even glance in his direction. He was right and Obito knew it. 

"Thank you," Obito breathed as he poured the limitless amount of chakra into the technique to the places beyond the current battlefield, reviving the shinobi who had died fighting Kabuto's Edo Tensei or during Naruto's and Madara's assault. There would only be one casualty of this war. 

Himself. 

As the jutsu finished up, Obito disconnected himself from the two Hokage's hands and fell forward, only to be caught by Naruto. "I got you," Naruto whispered gently. 

"P-protect this world, N-Naruto." Obito whispered with a smile on his face. "O-Only you can bring t-true peace." Naruto kneeled down the ground, still holding Obito as he turned to face his younger brother. "I w-wish I could have s-seen the world you will end up c-creating." 

Tears streamed down Naruto's face as he looked into Obito's eyes. "Me too, Obito-nii, me too." Obito looked up at the night sky. 

"Heh, at least I'll have s-some alone time, with Rin." He spoke slowly. "Goodbye, little brother." Naruto felt Obito's body go limp in his arms as his eyes glazed over. Naruto took his hand and made Obito's eyelids shut. 

"You should harvest his eyes first," Tobirama said. "They are very powerful and-" He stopped when Naruto sent him a glare that would make the Shinigami run away in fear. 

"Shut up!" Hashirama shouted as he hit his younger brother in the head, uncharacteristically angry as he glared. "Don't mock a man who had given up his life to save thousands." 

"Thousands that he was responsible for taking," Tobirama countered, folding his hands over his chest. "I said what I said. I will not be taking it back." 

"Lets not speak ill of the dead," Minato stated seriously. "Even if Obito caused all of this, he saw the error to his ways and fixed everything he could." Tobirama then glanced at Naruto. 

"What about him? What are your plans now, boy?" Naruto gently laid Obito down as he stood up, brushing the dirt off of his knees before facing Tobirama. 

The Tailed-Beasts on the battlefield watched Naruto carefully, their eyes not leaving the snow-haired man. Even Itachi and Shisui were looking at him with wide eyes, ready for his answer. "Are you going to attack me if you don't like my answer?" He asked all of them. 

"If you're a threat, then yes." Tobirama said seriously. "Are you a threat?" Naruto chuckled.

"You have no true power to back that statement up," He replied honestly, shocking everyone present. "But I suppose I should tell you all," He looked up at Kurama. "I'm going to unite the Shinobi Nations into one single nation and changed this corrupt world by placing myself at the top and ruling it!"

"And I will make myself the First Kamikage!" 

And done. Good? Bad? Tell me! 

Anyways ye

Story is coming to a closeeeee

Til next time my lil demons! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 25.9K 95
Ruka had been abused all her life She got beaten by her own grandparents for reasons sometimes unknown to her. She got beaten by other children from...
993 20 9
Emi Uzumaki is the younger sister to Kushina Uzumaki. She is the same age as the other Sensei's. Naruto Got one half of the Nine Tailed fox's Power a...
145K 1.7K 43
Their is a boy named Naruto who being mistreated by everyone in the village including his own family. Ever since he was born, he was treated like an...
263K 9K 19
Naruto, but he isn't bubble, nice or even remotely kind to those he doesn't know. He's rough around the edges, closed off and shows little to no emot...