Twisted Justice (an NCIS stor...

By HobbitLeigh

A traumatic event from Timothy McGee's childhood resurfaces with a case. When McGee goes missing can the team... More

Rule One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty- Six
A thanks from the writer
Opening Credits

Chapter Three

987 25 1
By HobbitLeigh

Tuesday

McGee got to work early on Tuesday and, as much as he hated to, he headed down to Abby's lab.

"Hey Abby, I came to work on the laptop?" No answer, but he knew she had heard him. Acting like a 2 year old, not one of her more appealing traits, still he could hardly blame her. It was probably a sign of how much Abby cared for Tim that she hadn't killed him yet. They worked in silence for an hour. Tim was about to say something when he got a call.

"McGee, MTAC now." McGee started shutting down the computer going as fast as he could. He was still late to MTAC, a man was already on the screen. McGee's jaw dropped when he saw who it was and he hung back in the shadows. Gibbs, Tony and Ziva were there. Gibbs was actually smiling.

"Wilson its been a long time."

"Too long Gibbs can believe you're still at NCIS. I thought they would have kicked you out a long time ago."

"Well it's not for lack of trying" Gibbs said ruefully.

"And you also know Tony?" Ziva asked.

"Oh yeah," Wilson grinned "now him I never pictured for law enforcement."

"He's just making the rounds." Gibbs said with a glance at Tony.

Tony started "When I was at boarding school they brought in some military to tell us about opportunities, I didn't want to join but I had to go to one of the sessions and Lt. Robert Wilson was talking about sports. Particularly how sports play an important role in shaping young people."

"Many very successful people are athletes. Tony came and talked to me after and we kept in touch. So yeah I've know him for a while."

Gibbs opened his folder. "Tell us what you know about Carrol and Teal. How long were the under your command?"

"Six months. Carrol was...acceptable, not great but he passed through. Teal was much better, dedicated, principled. He was a good Marine."

"Can you think who would do this?"

"I can't Gunny. Neither really had any enemies, they were just good guys."

"Thank you Major."

The screen was about to be terminated when our of the blue Wilson spoke again, "I heard about those kids drowning at Norfolk." Gibbs nods and Wilson continued, Shame kind of eerie."

"What do you mean?"

"Something almost exactly like that happened when I was stationed at Bethesda in the 80's."

"Oh really?"

Wilson nodded. "Four kids fell though a hole in the lake. Three were Marines kids and one Navy brat. Ironically it was the Marine kids that died, the only survivor was the Navy kid."

"Why ironic?" Ziva asked

"Marines are tough, the toughest, so are their kids. Hopefully this won't end the same way."

"How was that?" Gibbs asked.

"The kid didn't take it well, claimed he was attacked after the incident. Tempers were high but he wasn't attacked. I felt bad for him survivors guilt and all but...anyway his father raised hell and got transferred early so problem solved I guess. Caused a lot of problems on base though." He frowned.

McGee sat down heavily in the back his legs unable to hold him up any longer.

"Why did he say he was attacked?" Ziva asked.

"Paranoid, I think some of the kids did give him a hard time, didn't have many friends, kind of a loaner."

Ziva frowned, "I am sure the child was under a great deal of stress." She cocked her head. "You don't seem very sympathetic."

"My marines were hurting too and they were my first responsibility. It was just a bad situation all around. Let me know if I can be of anymore help Gunny."

The images went off and Gibbs turned around.

"McGee where were you?" he snapped.

"I got in a little late Boss and decided not to interrupt."

Gibbs grunted and left MTAC. As Tony passed McGee fell in behind. "You've know Wilson that long?" He asked.

"Yeah he kind of kept up with me after that. Even wrote me a letter of recommendation to Ohio State." In a rare moment of opening up Tony confided. "He was supportive of me a lot of ways that my dad wasn't." McGee just nodded.

"Alright" Gibbs said "find me a reason someone would want to kill these Marine."

Tim worked the rest of the day in silence letting Tony and Ziva do most of the talking. He only spoke when his computer dinged or he was spoken to. No one seemed to notice. Late in the afternoon McGee got up and grabbed his coat.

"Where are you off to McQuiet?"

Ok someone had noticed.

"I have an appointment. I let Gibbs know and I'll be back, that's all and really more than you need to know." McGee said to Tony in passing.

Tony and Ziva exchanged a look.

"You know you can't keep a secret McGee!" Tonly yelled after him, "we will find out."

It was 5 pm by the time McGee got done and got back to the Navy Yard. Tony and Ziva were still at their desks

"Bout time McTrouble. Boss was looking for you and did not look happy." Tony chirped.

"McGee! Where have you been?"

"Sorry I'm lat Boss it took a little longer than I expected."

Gibbs got right in McGee face. "This case not important to you McGee?" he asked, his voice dangerously quiet.

"It is important to me Boss"

"Then start acing like it." Gibbs growled. "Go help Abby."

McGee paused for a split second really not wanting to go but knowing better than to argue.

"Now!" He practically ran leaving Tony and Ziva laughing. One look from Gibbs and they stopped

McGee poked his head cautiously in the lab. Abby was working at her computer. He walked in.

"Gibbs sent me to help you" he said uncertainly.

"Help me what? Lose more evidence that could have broken this case by now?"

"Abby please, it was an accident I'm not even sure I did it."

"Oh the evidence fairy wished it away I suppose," she stormed back to her desk. He started to follow.

"You work in there, I'm in here," she barked.

McGee sighed when she was in that kind of mood it was impossible to reason with her. He settled in for a long night because that's what it would be.

Wednesday morning

Dawn found McGee's bloodshot eyes still staring at the computer screen. Abby had fallen asleep at her desk hours ago. McGee was still trying to figure out a way to crack the encryptions, a way to relocate the lost evidence and, oh yeah, a way to not be killed by Abby or Gibbs in the process.

McGee looked at the clock, Ducky might be in now there was something he needed to talk to him about.

"Hey Ducky" he said walking into autopsy, "could I talk to you a minute?

"Of course Timothy. What's on your mind?"

Tim hesitated, "You know the case the kids drowned at the Norfolk crime scene?"

"Yes" Ducky nodded sadly, "such a tragedy."

Tim swallowed. "Would they...? I mean do you think...?"

"Yes Timothy?"

"If that witness had run and pulled them out as soon as they fell in would they be alive?" He blurted out.

Ducky frowned. "It's hard to say, children can survive cold like that better than adults. I can't offer conclusive evidence, but in my opinion if he had acted immediately they would have had a much better chance. Is this very important to you, Timothy?" Ducky inquired gently.

McGee opened his mouth to answer and was interrupted by Gibbs walking through the doors.

"What you got Duck?" He only glanced at McGee.

"This poor fellow was killed in the same way and probably by the same man as our first victim. Wounds are almost identical. I can't tell you much more yet but whoever killed them was at a very close range."

"They knew their killer."

"It's likely."

Gibbs turned his attention to McGee.

"What are you doing down here?"

"I-I-I was just wondering about the kids."

"What about them?"

Ducky interjected, "Timothy was contemplating if they could have been saved if that fellow had acted sooner."

"Well yeah McGee he froze and those kids are dead because of it." Gibbs stormed out.

"Thanks Ducky." McGee smiled sadly.

"Timothy, wait, is there something you would like to talk about?" Ducky pressed.

"N-no, thank you, I had better get back upstairs." McGee slowly walked out.

Ducky frowned. "Something is not right."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 71 9
When a pair of siblings go missing, Jay, Hailey, and the rest of the team must track them down before it's too late. Chicago PD Prompt #3 Spark. Comp...
13.4K 389 21
Kaldur went missing for a year. When he was found he was never the same. THe team has to find the man who tortured their leader if not for their sake...
18.9K 588 12
Part Two - Is Kelly still a danger to the team or will she make them stronger? Are the team safe anymore? What will happen with Kelly and Tony? Can t...
26.5K 832 26
What happens when the titans meet young justice, but then their leader/ old teammate goes missing and is getting beaten.Will they be able to work tog...