THE IMMORTALS (✓)

By piadreamer

This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because... More

1. I found a sister in you.
2. Buried Truth
3. Further information and the Nightstorms.
4. I'll breathe again
5. Happiness comes in all forms.
6. Single for life - not.
7. Perfect two
8. A friend or foe?
9. Arising threats.
10. Impossible but true.
11. The silver angel.
12. Suspicions.
13. The Fallen Angel.
14. If aught but death part thee and me.
15. I'm Back.
16. Kasper whispers.....
17. Expect the unexpected
18. Gone
20. Watch the world burn.
21. Consul Alec Lightwood Bane
22. The Angel's demise.
23. Searching for Magnus
24. Embrace what you got.
25. First defeat
26. Like a diamond cuts diamond.
27. Challenge accepted.
28. Only one would stand at the end of it all.
29. Looking to a bright future.
Epilogue

19. Spawn of Satan or Superior than Satan?

236 17 17
By piadreamer

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

~IMPORTANT~

As I have said, I'm not going to discontinue no matter how long it takes. So yes, be ready for an adventurous ride.

Before anything else, I want you all to know that I have no idea where this story is gonna lead now, as I completely forgot the original plot.

Buttt.... after rereading and from the notes I took in the beginning, I got some new ideas that I'm going to mix with the ideas I still remember. So I really hope y'all still love this book however it turns out now.

ENJOY!

*******************************

Alec's blood froze as soon as he realized that wasn't any ordinary wall, that was the wall which was outside Maryse's library and if he was outside her library that means...

"Mom!"

"Maryse... Oh no! Son, go save her. Don't waste a second."

Alec's stomach knotted as his wings gave an unpleasant flutter. His eyes still weren't leaving the screen where he had witnessed the cruel message barely a second ago. "Mom..."

"Alec..."

"Alexander, darling!" As soon as Magnus's hand touched his shoulder, a tear fell on his face and he turned to him. "I'm sorry but it's not the time to zone out. Come on, we need to leave."

Gripping onto his arm, Alec nodded. "Rosette, Portal!"

********************************

"You're adamant about learning everything about Magnus's pregnancy." Luke chuckled, "Are you really gonna read the whole thing when I'm right in front of you, Mary?"

Maryse looked up from the book Rosette gave her that contained all the information about bi-gendered Warlords and their pregnancies, closed the book, and smacked Luke's head from it.

"Aghh... Damn it, Maryse!" Luke rubbed his head as she kept glaring.

"Seriously Lucian Greymark? Do you have any shame?"

"Hey, it's two in the morning, who's gonna disturb us right now any-"

"MOM!? MOM WHERE ARE YOU!? KASPER! YOU FUCKING- MOM!" Alec's voice reached the small room they were in and they exchanged worried looks.

"Alec? What's he doing here at this time and how does he know we're here?" Maryse frowned as she kept the book on the table and stood up.

"Let's go and check."

As they walked out in the main area, they noticed everyone there looking around crazily and their faces spoke as if they had fought a battle.

"Alec, kids? What's going-"

"Mom!" Alec rushed and hugged her tightly, and so did Izzy and Jace. "Thank the angel!"

"Kids?" Maryse's stomach fluttered as she looked into their bloodshot eyes. "What's wrong? How did you know we were both here?"

"Mom that Kasper, he was outside your library..." Izzy rushed her words as she hugged her again and then went into hysterics of tears on her shoulder.

"What!?" Luke and Maryse exclaimed in unison as Maryse stroked Izzy's head gently. "Isabelle, I'm fine. Calm down. Nobody had been here, we were awake this whole time. Isabelle..."

She gazed at Alec when Izzy's grip tightened around her.

"That's not the only reason she's crying, mom," Alec said, voice so low and shaky that it shattered Maryse's heart. "A lot has happened."

**********************************

*Meanwhile in LA Institute*

Beneath his feet lay the Institute, blanketed in the lap of darkness, the darkness that made his heart rejuvenate. Scared nephilims ran from room to room, and the old, poor man paced in the hall, praying to his angel. The same angel that took everything away from him and now it was his turn to take everything away from those who deserved nothing.

Tilting his head, Kasper stared at his prey, clicking his tongue with a cruel smirk creeping on his lips, then snapped his wings into life and glided straight into the hall, landing right in front of the bald man.

"YOU! HOW DID YOU COME IN!? YOU'RE KAS-"

"You scream too much, servant. And I don't like being yelled at." Breaking his hold from Roberts's neck when the man was halfway above the ground, he let the man fall with a crash who coughed his guts out.

"And you," turning towards Ann Marie, he swirled his fingers over her face, and her eyes turned red, gazing into his own with fear making the corner of his mouth tilt up. "What should I do with you now?"

"Sp..spare me, Ebrithil. I did what you asked."

"You know what servant?"

"Eb.. Ebrithil.."

"I'm in the mood of a bloodbath!"

Digging his fingers over her chest before she could run, he plucked her heart out then clutching her dead body between his wing, he absorbed her energy, rejuvenating himself then threw the remains like a rotten piece of food.

"ANN!" Robert's tears didn't seem to stop as he stood up and gripped his seraph dagger. "You bastard!"

"You don't learn, do you?" Shaking his head, he snapped his fingers over Robert's face and within a second, his deep black eyes were shining red as the dagger fell on the ground.

"Ebrithil, pardon Ebrithil. I wasn't in my right mind."

"I know my servant, but you," taking a step forward so that they could be barely inches away, "you have borne that Silver Angel, my biggest threat. You made him, he's your fragment. So how can I pardon you, servant? You see, I'm done hiding. Now I want to show what messing with Kasper means."

In the blink of an eye, Kasper's black magic wrapped around Robert's throat, choking him to death while simultaneously lifting him up from the ground as his dull wings lit an angry red fire, slowly flapping and spreading it all around the institute.

At the center of that fire stood Kasper, fiery eyes boring at Robert as the old man's breath shortened with every passing second. But before it went flat, he pulled out his heart, ending the man's misery. Staring at the heart wickedly, he brought it against his mouth then bit into it, sucking out the blood and swallowing it as the blood dripped all over his face.

Licking his lips as the metallic taste made his chest light, he threw the heart, wrapped his magic around the old man, then cascaded in the sky along with his body before igniting the fire further and watched as the building slowly faded out of existence.

"Poor Angel, couldn't do a thing." The cruel laughter echoed in the starless sky as wolves howled somewhere in the distance as if marking the beginning of a deadly massacre.

**********************************

To say that Maryse's body and heart were numb would be an understatement because even she wasn't able to understand how she truly felt. "T.. this all happened in just a few hours a..and Max, he's... By the angel!" She rubbed her face as Luke slowly rubbed her back.

"Yes mom," Alec said, "and in that message, he was outside your library so we rushed here."

"We were so scared, mom." Izzy wiped her tears, "first Julian, then Max, then Clary. If something would've happened to you..." Izzy trailed off as more tears fell on her face.

"But..." Magnus bit his lip, "if there's no trace of him being here at all then that message?"

"That's the thing, Magnus." Daniel sighed heavily. "Kasper's unpredictable. Even after fighting him once, we still can't figure out what's real and what's a trap. He's a mystery that's deadly and unsolvable no matter how hard someone tries."

"Then why show us that message? What was the trap in that!?" Jace's voice broke as he hugged himself tighter.

"Maybe to divert us into the wrong direction?" Simon said.

"For what th-" before Izzy could complete, the ceiling cracked open with a bang as if a heavy object was thrown from the sky but when the dust settled down,

"ROBERT!" Maryse's knees gave out as she fell on Luke's arm, gripping his shirt as she stared at the heartless dead body of her ex-husband.

"DAD!"

"NO!"

Alec and Izzy rushed towards the body as tears fell on their faces, "dad..." Alec sobbed. With shaky hands, he closed his eyes and clenched his fist. "I'm so sorry, dad. I couldn't save you. I'm so sorry."

"Dad..." Izzy sobbed hysterically as Jace wrapped arms around her shoulder. "No, no... dad... Alec *sniff* w..we need to do something before he kills anyone else."

"Wait, Alec if that Kasper attacked the institute in your absence then..." Luke trailed off as every eye turned towards him.

"Angels..." Alec held Robert's hand as he wiped his tears but before he could think of doing anything further, his phone buzzed.

Reaching out for it, he picked it up and put it on speaker, still holding Robert's hand and leaning against Magnus. "H.. hello..."

"Alec! Where are you!? Have you not got the message!?"

"M.. Message!? *sniff* what happened Jia?"

"The L.A. Institute is gone, it's been burnt down, and... we don't think there are any casualties. It's like, the institute never existed. I know it'll be tough for you but... you need to be here."

"I'll.. I'll be there."

*********************************

*Next evening*

*The Gard*

*Jia's office*

"What!? Malachai Ravenscar is behind all this!? By the angel! But.... how?" Jia's shoulders were tensed as she leaned against her chair, gaze wandering in every possible direction. "And why did no one report anything!? Mrs. Lightwood Lovelace!?"

"We don't have the proof to support our statement, Consul Penhallow. We were gathering evidence but things would escalate this quick..." She trailed off and lowered her gaze.

While they three, Alec, Izzy, and Jia sat in Jia's office, conveying all the details they could tell her, others prepared the funeral ground for all the dead shadowhunters, including Julian and Robert.

Jia sighed, "Inquisitor Lightwood Bane?"

"I was aware of the sightings, Jia, but only yesterday I found out that Malachai Ravenscar was behind all this."

"After he killed Julian Lovelace?"

Alec's heart clenched as he rubbed his thumb against his finger. "Yes."

"But..." She uncrossed her leg, kept hands on the table, clasped them, and leaned forward. "Why would Malachai Ravenscar go to such an extra length to kill so many people so brutally? What does he want?"

Alec exchanged a look with Izzy, unsure of how much information to convey.

"Alec!?"

"My death..." Alec breathed out.

Jia's eyes widened. "What!? By the angel! So he's after your position or-"

"Consul Penhallow," turning towards the voice, they noticed Jace standing there. "The grounds have been set. Silent brothers have... have arrived."

.....

Thousands of bodies lay in the pyre of rows, mostly unattended except for the empty one symbolizing Julian's, beside which Simon stood and Alec and Izzy beside Robert's. Their eyes were bound with white silk and their signature weapon resting over their chest.

In one corner of the accords hall stood Magnus and Maryse, despite knowing that their presence was unwelcome.

As the silent brother proceeded the ceremony, Alec's hurting heart slowly went numb and fire flashed in front of his vision. All he wanted was to rip that man apart but that wasn't possible. No matter the attempts, Kasper could only die if he wanted to, and certainly, that he didn't.

"Say the names of the deceased," a silent brother said.

One by one, they paid respect to the names of dead shadowhunters, praying to the angels for good heaven in the afterlife.

"Ave Atque Vale."

"Ave Atque Vale." The crowd repeated and the silent brothers set the pyres on fire. The souls of those shadowhunters cascaded up as the crowd watched, then vanished.

As the ceremony ended, Alec dragged his feet towards his husband who constantly gazed at him with worry and concern and wrapped himself around him, letting his tears fall on Magnus's shoulder.

Magnus ran his fingers soothingly through Alec's hair, letting him loosen all the burden he carried.

"Darling..." Magnus cooed.

"In one night, Magnus. *sniff* In one night, he took so many lives. As much as I want to rip his heart out-"

"It won't kill him." Magnus completed it for him and sighed. "Who would've thought these consequences would be this dangerous."

"What consequences?" Alec broke the hug, wiped away his tears, and noticed Jia approaching them. "Our conversation isn't over, Alec. I'm sorry, I know it's hard for you but we need to prepare ourselves for our enemy. You told me he wants you dead, but why? What are you hiding?"

"Umm..." Alec looked at Magnus and bit his lip. He didn't want to let the topic of his immortality spoken about until it was evident that he's not aging, but this was too soon. How was he supposed to tell Jia and the world what he was? "It's... It's not a conversation for pesky ears to listen to, Jia. Can we talk in your office?"

Jia nodded, "And yes, please let Maryse know I-" before she could finish, the far end of the hall where the pyres burned blasted off, igniting the fire to rise, and many shadowhunters standing nearby caught in its flames causing havoc to break around.

"By the angel!" Jia's chest rose and fell as they all rushed towards the end, only to notice thousands of demons flying over the sky of Alicante and their own kind killing and rebirthing shadowhunters, making them oblige to a darker force. "What the hell? I've never seen anything like this."

"The fire is spreading..." Izzy said, looking all around frantically.

"Izzy, mom?"

"Just left. Safe in New York."

"Alec, are you aware what's happening?" Jia paled as slowly, every shadowhunter turned into an Endarkened, killing everything on its way while the demons made sure to burn every single thing in Idris out of existence.

"How are we supposed to fight them, Alec?" Jace gripped the sword, stance alert, ready for any lunging demons. "The shadowhunters are getting turned."

"Turned?" Jia took out her dagger, aiming at the shadowhunters as the fire leaped more and more. "turned into what!? What are you all hiding?"

"You don't know Consul? That's not right." Turning towards the voice that came from the fire in front, they noticed Clary and Max walking out, completely unharmed, having a devilish smirk on their faces.

"Clary...."

"M..Max... Max, it's us, your family." Forbidden tears fell on Izzy's face once again.

"I don't have any family." The boy replied in a monotone voice.

"What's going on here? Will anybody tell me!?" Jia's face reddened and her expressions turned into a mixture of rage and worry.

"Let the poor woman know, Lightwood," Kasper said as he landed right in front, dull black wings laced with fire making everyone gasp. "It won't matter in a few days anyway, coz the world will be mine. Mine!"

"Malachai Ravenscar?" Jia ranked her eyes over his burning wings. "What... what are you?"

A peal of laughter crueler than the kings of hell echoed and all the shadowhunters stopped, bowing to the man in front making the unaffected ones freeze in their place.

"My growing army, oh how much I love this. You know what I'll love more?" Tilting his head, he gazed at Alec. "Alexander Gideon Lightwood, say the words."

"Never!" Alec clenched his fist, "Never, Kasper! I'm not weak and I'm not falling for your little tricks!"

"Tut! Tut! So stubborn. Does that... Robert right? Has his death not affected you? Should I kill someone else? Let me see, your sister? Your... ohh interesting, how many times have you resurrected that blonde? Maybe Simon, you never liked him anyway, right? Orrrrr, that sinner of your husband? Ugh, disgusting."

Alec's blood boiled as he glared at the man with utmost hatred. He knew what he was here for, what he wanted, but in no way he'll let that happen. "Do not touch my family!"

Waving his hand, Kasper created a black ball above his palm, wandering his eyes at every person and without warning, hurled it at Jia, but before it could even touch her body, silver wings blocked its way, making it vanish into thin air and Jia gasp.

"Silver Angel!" Kasper roared but a humongous ball of silver aimed at his chest made him lose his balance.

"You wanna fight," Alec's eyes flamed with fury as his wings flapped protectively. "then let's fight!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.4K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
80.3K 3.4K 51
[COMPLETED] In a rush I was no longer in the cold and rainy street but in someone else's apartment. Confused, I looked around me and saw two men in f...
352 12 1
After a quarrel with his mother, Alec decided to cool down and think about what to do next with his life. Not wanting to burden his siblings and the...
251K 8K 59
Alec, the hottest Shadowhunter, and institute leader of New York meets one of the opressed downworlders Magnus Bane. Unfortunately he has to work wit...