𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 | 𝐬𝐚𝐦 𝐞𝐯𝐚...

By sambubba

jade reeds is a freshman at mckinley high. this is her journey on how she ended up in glee club and how she b... More

season 1
01. pilot
02. showmance
03. acafellas
05. the rhodes not taken

04. preggers

340 13 24
By sambubba

"SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!"

KURT INVITED JADE AND BRITTANY OVER TO HIS HOUSE FOR A LITTLE DANCE ROUTINE. jade was a bit surprised that brittany was there with them. the blonde older girl was usually seen hanging out with the popular kids, not outsiders like jade and kurt. so it was kind of nice having someone like brittany pierce to hang out out of school.

right now, the three of them were dancing to beyonce's "single ladies." they all wore black leotards, which made jade a bit uncomfortable since she was insecure about her body.

as they dance, they didn't noticed kurt's dad, burt hummel, in the room of the basement, where they were dancing. he had no idea what his son or his were doing. it was a bit weird seeing his son dance to a song like this, but he didn't mind at all.

hearing the music stop, the three kids turned around to meet burt, how had a disapproving look on his face.

"dad!" kurt said, surprised to see his father come back from work so early. "you're home early."

still having a disapproving facial expression, burt nodded his head. "deadliest catch is on. what are you wearing?"

you see, the only people kurt had came out to was mercedes and jade. that meant that not even his father knew he was gay. he was planning on telling him, but he just didn't know how to. part of him was also scared.

"it's a unitard." kurt answered. "guys wear them to, uh, work out nowadays. do sports. they wick sweat from the body."

jade looked at her friend with a confused facial expression. not even she could believe the lie kurt just told his father. but at the same time, she knew he had to lie to him right now since she didn't know how burt would react to the news that his son is gay.

burt furrowed his eyebrows, not sure if he wanted to believe his son. he was a bit old, but he knew guys didn't wear leotards for sports.

jade seemed to notice this, so she decided to help out her friend. "football." she blurt out, receiving a look of thank you from kurt.

"yeah, all the guys in football wear them. they're jock chic." kurt explained.

"totally." brittany said, thinking everything the two kids were saying was true. "kurt's on the football team now. he's the kicker."

receiving a look of what have you've done from kurt and jade, brittany had no idea what she said wrong. "that's the smaller guy on the field, right?"

knowing that there was no way going back or arguing, kurt decided to play along. "yeah. britt and jade were just helping me with some conditioning work."

burt nodded, somewhat believing what the three kids in front of him had just told him. "really, you know, i played jc before i busted up my knew, popping wheeling on my third bike."

"cool." kurt said. "i guess we'll have something to talk about, then." he chuckled, just glad that his father believed his lie.

but before burt could leave the basement, he pointed at both brittany and jade. "so one of you two his girlfriend?"

the three of them were taken back by the question. brittany rolled her eyes when she saw that kurt was looking at him. jade just stood there frozen with widen eyes, not knowing what to say to the adult.

but what really shocked her was when kurt put a hand on her back, catchighn jade off guard.

"but i'm not reading to be exclusive." kurt said with a fake smile. jade also had a fake smile, but her eyes were still widen.

"alright, just keep the music down. i can't hear myself think up there." burt started to wal away, ut turned around to tell kurt one more thing. "and hey, kurt. be sure to get me a ticket to your first game."

kurt smiled and nodded his head feverishly. once his father left, his smiled dropped knowing that he just got himself into a big mess.

his hands were still on jade's back. so when jade slapped his hand away gently, kurt jumped because he was lost in his thoughts.

he really needed help from someone to get him out of this mess.

***

GLEE CLUB TODAY WAS KIND OF RUIN BY RACHEL. mr. schue had planned out to have his students sing a west side story song. he was generous enough to give the solo to tina, which a big role. everyone in the club were very happy for tina since she got the big role. even the unholy trinity. well, their was one person was not so excited about it.

that person would have to be none other than miss rachel berry. everyone in the glee club, even mr. schuester, knew rachel was selfish and very bossy. if she wasn't on top or had the lead role of a musical or the big solo, she would make sure she would get it. rachel was upset because she didn't get the song maria from west side story sung, but tina did.

in jade's opinion, she thought that rachel had no right to be mad at mr. schue, nor at tina. she wasn't the one in charge of the glee club and she wasn't the one in charge of who gets solos or not. rachel just couldn't have all the solos. others needed to shine as well.

walking out of the choir room with finn, jade hugged her binder as she and her best friend walked to her locker. so far, only four popular kids were in the glee club. that included, finn, quinn, santana, and brittany. the only nice one to jade was finn and somewhat brittany. she would love to get to know the real quinn and the real santana, but it would be impossible to become friends with those girls. they didn't even like jade.

"well, today's glee club was kind of a mess." finn said, kind of relieved that today's meeting ended kind of early. sure, he kind of liked glee club, but he was never going to admit it. probably to jade, but to no one else no.

jade nodded her head in agreement. "yeah, it was kind of a mess. but, if you think about it, a glee club meeting isn't a glee club meeting if someone doesn't storm out of the room. so, i guess it was just a normal meeting after all."

finn chuckled. one thing he loved about his best friend was that she can make a weird and exhausting day, into a better one by just using words. he had no idea how jade could do that. usually other people's words would just make them worse or weirder, but not jade.

finally arriving at jade's locker, finn help jade with her binder as she opened the door to her locker. as he waited patiently for jade to open the door, which kind of took her a minute since she still was trying to memorize her locker code, finn noticed that some students were giving him and jade a weird look.

now, that wasn't something the older guy noticed. he had been noticing that ever since jade came to school for her freshman year. being the obvious guy finn was, he had no idea why people would just stare at the duo so weird. but, jade knew exactly why.

finn was the quarterback, meaning his best friend should be someone in the football team. for example, someone like puckerman. but no, finn decided from a very long time ago that jade should take the place of his best friend.

jade was a nerd basically. usually spend her time studying or listening to music when she wasn't hanging out with finn. finn was basically her only real friend. here at mckinely, it was weird for a quarterback to be friends with a nerd. that made jade insecure, but she never had the guts to tell finn.

"thank you for being a gentlemen and holding my binder, hudson" jade smiled softly, taking her light blue binder from finn's hand.

"why you're welcome, loofus." finn said smiling. but his smile dropped when the young girl gave him a glare. he knew it was because of the nickname he had given her as a kid. finn never told her why, and would never until her wedding day. it was a promise basically.

but before jade could argue like usual when someone would call her loofus, kurt came up to the two of them. seeing kurt made jade smile widely. you could say the two of them had gotten closer ever since kurt had came out to jade.

"hi jade!" kurt greeted the young girl, while jade waved happily. "hello, finn." finn just smiled, closing jade's locker door since she always forgets to do it herself. "finn, i need to ask you something?"

the three of them began to walk down the hallway, finn being in the middle of kurt and jade. "thanks, but i already have a date to the prom." finn said out of nowhere, making both kurt and jade look at each other with confusion. "but i'm flattered! i know how important dances are to teen gays."

stopping in his track, kurt looked at jade. jade also stopped in her tracks, shaking her head no. she knew that kurt probably had thought she had told finn his secret, but she would never do that to kurt.

"i'm not gay." kurt said nervously. "i just... i needed a favor."

finn turned around to face kurt. he gave him a look that told him what was the favor. "i need you to get me on the football team."

and with that, finn and jade both have each other a look. knowing finn, jade knew that the young guy would do anything to help a guy out for the football team. so, this was going to be interesting.

***

SINCE FINN WAS MOSTLY BUSY TRYING TO HELP KURT GET INTO THE FOOTBALL TEAM, JADE SPEND THE AFTERNOONS ALONE. she honestly didn't mind it if she was being honest. sometimes, artie and tina would invite them after school to breadstix, which she happily said yes to. her goal this year was to make at least one new friend, which was working pretty well since she had made three so far.

today was going to be different though. jade was going to stay after school, and wait until finn finished football practice. you could say jade was a very great best friend. but part of the reason was that their mothers were making dinner, so it was easier if they both went at the same time.

walking out of her biology class, jade's eyes met someone's eyes. those pair of eyes belonged to matt rutherford, a football player. last time she saw him was when rachel forced jade to attend celibacy club. til this day, that class traumatizes jade for some reason.

jade gave matt a small smile and a wave, which he happily returned. it looked like he was walking towards the young girl, ignoring the calls from his friends behind. jade felt her cheeks turn red. pretty sure she looked like a clown with her red cheeks.

extending his hand out to introduce himself, matt couldn't keep his eyes off jade. "hi, i'm matt rutherford." he introduced himself.

not knowing what was going on in the world, jade shook matt's hand and smiled. no boy besides finn had ever talked to jade. it was very rare when it happened. "jade reeds."

"i know." matt said, making jade furrow her eyebrows. thinking bak to what he had just said earlier, matt realized that he might of sounded like a stalker once he said he knew who jade was. "i meant that i've heard who you are. you're jade reeds, finn Hudson's best friend."

knowing she should of seen that coming, jade took her hand out of matt's and placed them on the straps of her backpack. "right. the quarterbacks' best friend is what my actual name is."

seeing that the young girl was walking away, matt walked towards her to catch up. "sorry, probably shouldn't have said that. i actually think it's pretty cool that finn is your best friend. i mean, he's a person, a-and y-you are too. so it doesn't really matter if you guys are b-best friends. i actually have a best friend as well. his name is mike chang, and he happens to be in the football team with finn and i. i'm talking fast, aren't i?"

giggling, jade sopped in her tracks, making matt do the same. jade found matt a bit cute. he was talking fast and stuttering a bit, which most guys don't do that in front of jade. she quite liked him so far.

"well, nice to meet you, matt from the football team."

smiling, matt calmed down a bit. he had never talked to a pretty girl like jade. "nice to meet you too, jade from bio class."

before jade could actually have a proper conversation with matt this time, her eyes caught something that wasn't very pleasing. she saw finn with his head down and walking very fast towards her. knowing him since forever, jade knew finn had been crying. but the real question was, why was finn hudson crying?

stopping in the middle of matt and jade, finn wrapped an arm around jade's shoulder, making matt step back. "hey matt. mind if i borrow jade for a quick minute? actually for an hour or two? really? thanks, man! see you tomorrow!" finn said not letting matt answer his questions.

"but won't i be seeing you today?" matt questioned.

"nope."

and with that, finn turned himself and jade around, and walked as far away from students and teachers. he didn't not want anyone to see that he was crying, or else that meant they would know the truth. and for right now, finn didn't want anyone to know the truth, just jade since she was the only one who he could really trust right now.

as the duo walked down the hall, to where no one was at, jade started to get scared and worry. "finn christopher hudson, what is wrong with you, man?"

stopping and unwrapping his arm from jade's shoulder, finn couldn't look into jade's eyes. he knew if he did, he would break down on the spot. but he had to let out this huge secret his girlfriend, quinn fabray, had just told him a couple of minutes ago.

placing a hand on his lower back, jade stood right next to finn. "hey, bud. what's wrong? you're worrying me."

and right on cue, finn pulled jade into his arms and cried on her shoulder. he let out mostly all of his emotions on her, like he always did when something bad had just happened to him.

taken by surprised, jade let out a loud gasp when finn pulled her into a hug and started crying. sure, she has seen him cry multiple times, but never like this. this meant that something huge might of happened earlier today.

but before she could even ask her best friend, it seemed like finn knew she was about to ask him once again, what was wrong.

"quinn's pregnant, and i'm the father."

***

THE NEXT DAY CAME BY AND JADE AND FINN WERE STILL IN SHOCKED BY THE NEWS. they both talked about it last night when finn was suppose to have practice and jade was suppose to be in study hall. they had lunch in a place next to the hudson's household. finn hadn't told anyone else besides jade. he even hadn't told his mom yet.

since jade was finn's best friend, finn wanted the young girl to come to the ultrasound appointment that quinn had this afternoon. knowing that finn didn't want to be their alone, jade said yes. besides, she always wanted to go to an ultrasound appointment. she never had the chance to go when her mother, melissa, was pregnant with daxton, jade's little sister.

jade waited for finn outside of the boy's locker room. their was actually two reasons why she was standing next to the door that lead to the stinky locker room. one was pretty clear; waiting for finn. the second was because her locker was close by and she needed to get some books before she could leave school.

having her locker next to the boy's locker room was something jade reeds did not love. every time that door opened or closed, she could smell the disgusting sweat from each boy coming in and out of the room. luckily, finn had told her that for her sophomore year, she could change lockers or keep the one she had.

finally seeing the door open, jade looked up and searched for a tall figure. finn was about 6'4, so he pretty much stood out to the crowd. meanwhile, jade was 5'3, being too small for people to search for.

luckily, finn had found jade first before she could find him. walking up to her, he was ready to hear the complains form the young girl about how he smelled like fish and how sweaty he was.

"spill it all out on me, loofus." he began to say, motioning his hands all over his body. "tell me how bad i smell like." you can tell he had a very stressful look on his face. that was all because of what quinn had told him yesterday, and jade knew that.

sniffing, jade covered her mouth, not wanting to gag. uncovering her mouth, jade gave the boy a forced smile. "you smell great, biggie!" she exclaimed, before jumping when she heard her locker door shut very fast.

the person shutting her locker door was noah puckerman, or puck. he had a look of anger and frustration on his face. not knowing why, jade knew they were about to find out.

"what's your problem, dude?" puck told finn. finn let out a sigh, before standing in front of jade, going all protective mode. he hadn't forgotten what happened last time when puck and the football guys shot them paintballs at them.

"nothing. i just got a lot on my mind."

finn grabbed a hold of jade's hand, making her walk where he was going. but before the duo could walk away from the boy, puck stopped them. "seriously, dude. what's going on. i'm your best friend. talk."

hearing the phrase, "i'm your best friend" said to finn by someone else did not sound right to jade. jade crossed her arms over her chest and gave puck a dirty look. puck was not finn's best friend, it was jade.

"umm... i'm his best friend, puckerman." she said with a bit of attitude in her voice.

puck rolled his eyes, before placing a hand on jade's shoulder. "listen here, shortie. finn is my best friend, so don't get jealous."

knowing that this conversation was going to become an argument, finn stepped foot in between the two of them. in finn's mind, jade was his best friend. puck was too, but if you were to tell him who's your best friend, he would say jade. jade was going to be his best man and finn was going to be her maid of honor. that's the role of a best friend.

"alright you two, stop it. puck, jade's my best friend." finn said, making puck look offended. "but you're second. and, to answer your question, it's personal."

puck's eyes lit up. "i knew it. you're in love with kurt."

that made finn and jade's eyes widen. that was not what what was going through finn's mind right now. "no! quinn's pregnant. she's keeping the baby. now, excuse us, please."

and with that, the duo left a very shocked puck in the hallways. he couldn't believe what he had just heard. quinn fabray was pregnant? she had a baby in the oven? if only finn knew who the real baby daddy was?

***

THIS WEEK ENDED UP HAVING A BIG SURPRISE. that big surprise was the head cheerio, quinn fabray, being pregnant. it was still surprising to jade, knowing that quinn was in the celibacy club and on top. she also knew finn was still a virgin, because he kept reminding the young girl all the time. but, all that mattered was that jade had to be there for her best friend, and she will.

tina and artie invited the young girl to watch the football game tonight. what jade had learned was that the football team hasn't won a single game this season. she knew that because finn would always come to her and complain about how much they dissevered that win from last game.

jade wore a beanie, with a red shirt and some jeans. she had her glasses on, since she couldn't se very well. she had a number five on her cheek, wanting to support her best friend.

the first round of the game was horrible. the opposite team was winning, and mckinely was losing very badly. that made the football coach very angry, that jade almost suggested to tina and artie if they could go since the coach was starting to freak her out.

luckily, kurt hummel was the kicker. and hearing what he and finn had told jade, kurt was the best kicker they hd ever had. he at least made a touchdown during practice. but what she didn't know was that the football team had a little surprise up their sleeves.

when it was time for kurt to kick the ball, beyonce's single ladies started playing. jade looked down at artie, then up at tina. why was beyonce playing in the background of the game? shouldn't it be silent when the kicker is about to kick the ball?

but after seeing the football players dance to the choreography kurt had given them for the song, it all made sense. jade had been to a lot of football games, starting since she was younger. but this very specific one would probably have to be her favorite.

turns out, the mckinley football team won their first game thanks to kurt. jade was very proud of kurt, that she wanted to jumped of the bleachers and run towards him and give him the fattest hug in the world. she was also proud of finn. after everything he was going through, he still managed to win tonight's football game.

jade just prayed that this week was the only week with surprises. but what she didn't know was that as the weeks come by, more drama comes as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 1.8K 69
Lia Torres just recently moved to Lima, Ohio leaving behind her best friend Kaydon. She gets a new shot at life but of course problems that arise tha...
22.5K 278 52
Santana Lopez has a younger sister Brynn Lopez Brynn is starting high school she is going to the same high school as her older sister Santana who is...
14.2K 258 23
Haley Aldrin is a freshman in high school at William McKinley. Her life has been full of adversities, but with some help from close friends, she's ma...
6.4K 127 19
11th graders, Brittany S. Pierce and Santana Lopez are sworn enemies. Neither remember why. But then they are forced to spend time together after sch...