01. pilot

"NEW BEGINNINGS!"

IT WAS JADE REEDS FIRST DAY AT MCKINLEY HIGH, AND SHE WAS PRETTY EXCITED AND NERVOUS

IT WAS JADE REEDS FIRST DAY AT MCKINLEY HIGH, AND SHE WAS PRETTY EXCITED AND NERVOUS. she only knew one person who went to mckinley, and that was the star quarterback of the football team, finn hudson. they've known each other since jade was born. their moms were best friends during high school, and they still are. jade's mom, melissa, has been there for carole when finn's dad died in iraq. also, when darren dumped her for a hot blonde chick. finn and jade had been through each other sides, and the next four years of high school wasn't going to change that.

as jade was at her locker organizing her books for the school year, finn came walking up to her. "so, how are you liking your first day at mckinley? it's pretty cool huh?"

jade turned to look at him and smiled softly. "umm, it's going pretty well. so far, i only made one friend, which happens to be you. but yeah, it's going great."

"awesome. hey, you decided to wear your glasses to school. that's great." finn said as he pointed out her glasses.

"i had class before you came to me. i had to put them on because the teacher put me all the way in the back." she took off her glasses and put them inside her locker.

"that sucks. but anyway, have you decided on any clubs you want to join this year. there's the cheerleading squad that you can join. that way, you can be popular and we can sit together at lunch with all the football guys and the cheerios."

she closed her locker door and began walking with him. she noticed how people would make way for them. well, mostly finn. she figured it was because he was the quarterback.

"i don't think being a cheerleader is the thing for me. besides, i don't want to be popular. i just want to have the best four years of my life. and if that means i can't sit with you at lunch, well that's okay."

"but, i want to sit with you during lunch." finn said as he stopped walking and rested both of his hands on her shoulder. "what if your mom packs you snacks like she always do, and i want to steal some. you know my mom doesn't do that and yours does. who am i suppose to steal food from?"

jade took off his hands from her shoulder and continued walking as finn started to walk faster to catch up. "maybe one of your football friends or your girlfriend who is the captain of the cheerios."

"they won't let me do that."

"then too bad." she teased as she stopped walking. finn looked at her confused and his eyes followed where hers were at. "what are you looking at?"