The Aeronaut's Daughter

By RubyRoundhouse17

(Y/N) Scoresby and her daemon Aster receive the adventure of a lifetime when they team up with Lyra Belacqua... More

A Stop in Oxford
The Long Journey to Trollesund
Reunion with Lyra
Meeting Iorek
Being recruited
Travelling North
Off on a bear ride
Sharing Stories
A Child without a Daemon
A Funeral / Taken away
Bolvanger
The Daemon Cages
Mrs. Coulter
Saving Roger
She Can't be Cut
Reunion
Cliff Ghasts and Bad Landing
An Unwelcoming Host
Roger's been taken
Off alone
New Story
Two Strange Girls
Exploring a Strange City in a Strange World
Not the Best Meeting
Where are the Grown Ups?
Off on a Mission
Showers and Eggs
Another Oxford?
Off to another World
We must help Will find his father
Talking to Dust
We need to trust each other
A New Member of the House
Heading off again
Bonding
Apprehended
The Tower and the Observatory
Am I being a Coward?
Lee Scoresby meets Marisa Coulter
Escapes
A Bargain
Finding the Entrance
The Battle for the Knife
The Mysterious Zeppelin
Learning how to use the Knife
The Plan with Teamwork
Tulio
Important Notice
Operation Knife and Alethiometer
A Shocking Revelation
Attack of the crazy children
A Journey up the Mountains
True Friends
A New Name
Fallen Fathers and Taken Friends

To Asriel's laboratory

398 13 23
By RubyRoundhouse17

(Y/N's Point of View) 

Roger and I still waited patiently inside the cave. We were becoming more worried by the minute both Lyra and Iorek. I was more frightened as well for my father and Iera. I feared that everyone would be troubled. 

I was about to fall asleep when there was the calling of "Roger! (Y/N)!"

My heart lit up. I twisted my head and saw Lyra waving to us outside the cave. Roger saw her too. We staggered out, elated to see that she and Pan were save. And Iorek too. He was standing nearby, unharmed. 

"Iorek left us here while he came to save you!" Roger expressed. "We don't know what happened to Lee and Iera but they were airborne when Iorek last saw them!"

Lyra laughed as she pulled Roger into her arms. Then she pulled me into her arms and I hugged her tight back. 

"Thank goodness you're safe," I breathed. 

Lyra gave me a gaped cheesy smile but when she cast her smile down, it faltered. "Your leg," she felt sick seeing all the red blood stains. 

"I scrapped my leg during the fall. But I'm alright. Lyra...can you check your alethiometer about my father please?"

"Of course," Lyra sat down, fishing out her symbol-reader. She set out the question and the needle began to turn. I sat next to her. Roger was on her other side. 

"Please tell me my father is safe," I begged. 

"And my Iera too," Iorek implored. He sounded broken. 

"They crashed with Lee's balloon but they're safe. I'm afraid they're too far away for us to reach though,"

I held a sad look. They were alive, but they will still so far away. I was so desperate to be in my father's arms again. 

"And the Magisterium. Iofur was their puppet," Iorek said. I looked up at him, befuddled. 

Lyra activated another question. "They're trying to come here. My mother's with them," she stood up and began walking about in circles figuring out what to do. "Once she finds out Iofur's dead, who knows what she might do," 

"What do we do then?" I asked.

"We have to take the Alethiometer to my father. He will need it. We'll need the truth to defeat her," 

"Then after that we can go and find my dad right? And Iera?" 

Lyra turned back and clasped my shoulders with her hands. "I promise you (Y/N) we will get you back to your father once this is done. We won't stop until you two are back together again," 

"Thank you," 

Lyra gave me another hug to consul my nerves. Roger joined in too. Somehow their hugs made feel more braver, they made me feel braver. Between their heads I saw Aster receiving nuzzles from Pan and Sacillia as they comforted him. 

Lyra let me go and turned to our bear friend. "Iorek, can you help me get to Asriel?" she asked. 

"Yes. Climb on my back children,"

"You sure you can carry all three of us?" Roger asked. 

"Never underestimate a bear's strength," was his answer. We all mounted the great bear and we started charging towards the mountains to find Lord Asriel's laboratory where he still remained under house arrest. As we rode on our mighty steed with Lyra in front, she told us the story of how Iorek had managed to defeat Iofur Raknison thanks to her clever deception. Now Iorek was the new king of the bears, the true king. 

"So you actually tricked Iofur into thinking you were Iorek's daemon?" I questioned. "And that he had to fight Iorek in order to claim you?" 

Lyra held a smug as she twisted her head around. 

"Seems you were right. A part of you is bear," I smiled proudly. 

"I never thought I'd see the day when a girl like you, a smug one, could trick a bear," Iorek joked. 

"I am not smug!" she snapped. 

"Yes you are," Roger answered back, twisting his head at bit, holding up a smug himself. 

"Says the boy who's holding up a smug now," I joked pointing a finger at him. 

We all just bursted into peals of laughter. This was such an adventure that I would be writing in my journal once we were someplace warm. As the sun was setting, I looked far out into the sky, thinking about dad. 

Don't worry dad. We'll find you. And Iera. Once this is over. 

(Lee Scoresby P.O.V) 

The only thing echoing in my ears were the screams of my daughter and Lyra and Roger. I jolted up, gasping for breath. What had seemed like an nightmare was actually really. I took a moment to stare around. I found myself inside my damaged balloon and I was resting against Iera's soft fur. 

"You alright?" her voice made me jump. Hester jumped onto my lap to sooth my nerves. 

"You're lucky I had you in my paws as we crashed," she said. 

"Where are we?" I scampered out of the balloon and found out myself in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by some high peaks and snow. Iera stepped out with Hester. 

"The wind carried us quite a far distance from Svalbard," she said sadly. "We must make haste to find the others," 

"And how are we going to get to them?" I stomped towards my poor baby. "Without our only means of travel?! And how can you possibly know if they're alive?!" I kicked the balloon and sank on my knees. "It's over Iera. I failed them! And I've lost (Y/N)...again,"

Iera's slow steps approached me from behind. I felt her nose nuzzle my shoulder...but I couldn't respond. 

"Perhaps I can be of assistance," a new voice spoke. I turned around and saw Serafina Pekala. I stood up and walked to her. 

"My sister's managed to track your movements," she stepped forward. "Thank goodness you three are safe,"

"Thanks," Hester said. 

"You are still important to us Mr. Scoresby," she said. 

"But I failed you," I felt like I was going to cry. "And them. I lost (Y/N) and Lyra,"

"You have no failed me. Or them. You fought valiantly Lee. Their fate lies in another hands," 

My heart began to sort again. 

"They are alive?" Iera stole the question right from my lips. 

"Yes. And Iorek Bynison, with Lyra's help, has reclaimed his throne,"

Iera roared, cheering for her beloved's victory whilst I screamed out "Whoo hoo!" Once again Lyra had done another great act. 

"Here. I believe this is yours," Serafina held up my revolver. It had fallen out of the ballon last night. I took it. "The fights are just beginning,"

"So I'm still needed?"

"We are all needed. A Great War is coming and the journey that your daughter and Lyra will take together is just beginning too," 

"I don't think I'm strong enough," I said, doubtful of myself. 

"You are strong enough Lee Scoresby," Serafina's kind voice continued. 

"But I wasn't strong to save them. Or Roger and Iorek,"

"Queen Serafina Pekala is right," Iera said beside me. "And you will not walk this path alone. Your daughter saved my life. And so I shall return that favour by helping you. Until I am reunited with my beloved Iorek again and you with your child, you are now under my protection,"

I didn't know what words to say to my old friend's love. All I managed to say was "Thank you," 

Once again, I felt determination. I was going to fight for both my child and for Lyra, who had become a surrogate sister to her, a part of our family.

"Then I believe there is something else you will need," Serafina spoke up again. I turned around again. "I believe you will recognise this," From the folds of her green dress, she lifted out a brown journal with silver entrails around the edges. My heart was lifting. I took it gently, tracing it. I hadn't seen this for many, many months. I looked up at the witch queen, a wave shock overcoming my body. "Where did you get this?" 

(Y/N P.O.V) 

The sky had now turned dark by the time we arrived at where Asriel's laboratory was located. We came to the edge of a mountain. In the distance, we saw a giant metal building with lights and bears patrolling around it. This was it. 

Lyra wondered out loud what her father was doing there. All Iorek could say she would have to ask him. I was quite curious myself too. What kind of father was he to turn his back on his own child and focus on work. Somehow I felt quite nervous at the idea of meeting him. We arrived at the laboratory. We were approached by some bears. Iorek, who was now the new bear king, roared ordering his new guards to back down. Once they were told that he had defeated Iofur Raknison, they were forced to comply and obey his commands. They allowed us nearer to the gate.

We dismounted Iorek. 

"I'm not sure that you should come (Y/N)," Lyra said. "Asriel..he's quite scary," 

"I can handle scary. I don't think he can more terrifying than your mother," the image of that woman made me quiver more. 

"Be safe, all of you," Iorek said. 

"We will," I touched his face to give him a stroke. I took Lyra's hand and Roger took her other and we walked towards the door.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N)," Lyra said as we were trodding. "You were just reunited with your dad..."

"Lyra..." I stopped her. "You can't blame yourself every time something goes wrong. It was my dad's choice to help you or not. And it was my choice to come along. Once we're finished here, we'll find him and we can take you guys home. That's a promise,"

"Thank you," Roger said. "Please know that we're here for you,"

"I know," Lyra said, her face bright with gratefulness. We stood in front and Lyra released my hand to knock on the door. A metal slab in front of a window was moved revealing two old eyes. It closed again and the door slid open, revealing an old man. 

"Little Lyra?" his voice sounded shocked. 

"Hello Thorald," she greeted.

"What are you doing here? Come inside," the man welcomed us inside and led Roger and I away, but Lyra stood where she was, waiting to meet her father. I prepared to warm up near a fire when I heard the bellows of a man screaming "No! I did not send for you! I did not send or you". He was ranting at Lyra. As he kept shouting at her, I heard Lyra's low words that were almost like pleads. After that soft growling emitted behind us calling out "Asriel". 

Roger and I turned her backs to see giant snow leopard, a daemon near a scary man who feared a clear resemblance to Lyra. 

"I see you didn't come alone. Who are you?" his question was aimed at Roger. 

"Roger Parslow...sir. I work in the kitchens. At Jordan," 

Asriel looked at him like he was a wolf. He turned his attention towards me. I felt frozen from the sight of his cold eyes. 

"And who are you?" 

"(Y/N) Scoresby," I said awkwardly. I felt Aster shivering around my neck in his ferret form. 

"Such an unexpected surprise as well. Thorald, run a bath for them. They smell of bear and they are probably cold. And prepare some food as well,"

He walked off again up the stairs to his workspace, leaving the three of us alone with his manservant. I shared a glance with Lyra. She looked hurt and emotionless. Her father was really the unfatherly type. 

Another chapter done. What do you think of Iera deciding to protect Lee? Feel free to offer any ideas for what she could do. And what do you think of Lee receiving that journal which he recognised from Serafina? Was it is his wife's? We'll have to wait for the next book to find out. Please will send reviews and let me know what you all think. I would love some inspiration for the sequel after this. Happy reading. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 11.2K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
743 3 7
A collection of prompts written for His Dark Materials fanweek / Yuletide 2021. The trilogy is written by Philip Pullman, I highly recommend it for a...
63.9K 3.2K 61
Eleonora looks up from her potions textbook to find *her*. Narcissa Black wears a cocky grin as she leans back in one of the library chairs, observin...
888K 21K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...