You will be mine

By CristinaCools

Life goes on. I'm no longer the same person as before. For what's worth, I did it all myself with no help... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 6

5.3K 129 2
By CristinaCools

"Oh my God, Cody, you look so handsome!" I giggle out loud. He turns himself in a circle, showing off his new dark blue suit. "I know I'm hot." Cody chuckles with his hands placed in his sides. "I didn't say you were hot though. Just surprised to see you in clean clothes." I say wickedly. "It's because you are my sister, but the other ladies will definitely think I'm hot." Cody winks playfully.

"Carlos, come and look at our beautiful children." I hear mom shouting outside. Mom still thinks we are teenagers sometimes. "Mom, it's not like dad hasn't seen his children before," I respond sheepishly. "Don't ruin the moment Sofia." Mother snapped playfully.

I cross my arms in defense and lean against the kitchen counter. Those heels are already killing me. "What's the matter, sis? Afraid to fall with those heels of yours?" Cody whispers so mom can't hear his response. "Of course not," I hiss. "This isn't the first time I wear heels, dumbass," I add agitated.

"Sofia, where are your manners? Since you moved, your mouth has grown too much to my liking." Mom hissed, but she composed herself when dad entered the room. I hear Cody chuckling beside me. Of course, that brother of mine always slips away under the net. He always brings up the child in me. He can always unlock my inner child with his dumb reactions.

"Sofia, you look as stunning as always. When did my children grow so big." Dad tells us while eyeing both of us closely. "Dad, it's fine. We are not that old." I respond with a wide grin. "No, but soon you'll come home with a husband or a wife and you'll start your own family," Dad explains to us while taking mother's hand in his. "I can't wait for you two to have children." Mom squealed joyfully.

"WoW, children! Let us first find a matching partner, okay?" Cody chuckles. I quickly nod in agreement. That's the first time today, I hear my brother talk like a mature man. Cody is two years younger than me that makes him twenty-one years old. He's still very young to settle himself with another woman, but I know he's ready for that kind of commitment.

"Come on you two, let's pose properly so I can take a picture." Mom holds her finger, ready to press the screen of her phone. "Yeah, Yeah," I whisper in agony. I hate pictures, especially when the picture includes me. I just can't seem to pose in a good, sexy, confident, natural way. Cody smirks at me, laying his arm over my shoulder. "Do not make a fake smile this time," Cody smiles misshievously. I glare at him, my fingers itching to slap his smug face.

I roll with my eyes and turn my attention back to mom, trying to relax my body. "Say cheese," mom smiles cheerfully while dad looks at us with a big smile on his face. "It's all done," Mom says with a bright smile. Cody looks at his watch and makes his way to mom and dad. "We need to go, or else we are going to be late," Cody informs us. I quickly pull on my long black, too expensive coat and take my Guess purse in my hand.

"Have fun you two," Mom tells us, giving us both a kiss on the cheek. "We'll do," Cody answers enthusiastically. "Bye, mom and dad," I say, before seating myself in Cody's grey Volvo. "Since when did you buy a new car?" I ask him curiously. "Since I bought a company." He answers proudly. "I use the car for work." He responds boyishly. "I'm proud of you, brother," I admit softly. "That must have hurt saying that to me?" Cody asks with a frown. "Of course not. I'm truly proud of you." I snap, agitated.

"I'm proud of you too," Cody tells me in a serious tone. "What for?" I question him with a frown. "Because you have followed your dreams as well. You are a therapist now, few people can say that." Cody replied earnestly. "Oh, I worked hard just as you did," I tell him carelessly. "I never studied as much as you did sis. I detested school." Cody informs me softly. "Are you sure about that?" I ask him with a frown. "Yes, of course." He replied, agitated. "I loved chasing girls in school, but that's something entirely different," Cody explains unapologetically.

I eye him in confusion and roll with my eyes. "I understand why you're still single." I gushed. "And why is that? Don't analyze me like I'm one of your patients." Cody answers. "I'm not analyzing you. It's only the truth. You are so exhausted sometimes." I whine. "And why are you still single then?" Cody questions me with a smug face. "Because I don't need a man, that's why." I hiss, frustrated. "Maybe it's time for you to search in the other direction. Find yourself a sexy chick, maybe you find someone today." Cody chuckles.

"Cody, shut up! You know I don't fall for women. Man, I'll be glad if this whole thing is over." I sigh, looking out of the window. "It will be over very soon because we are here," Cody tells me. I yank my head to his side and see a few minivans and people walking around outside the school building. "They ordered catering?" I question him sheepishly. "Of course, they order it every year. You would know if you showed up." Cody blurted. I look back outside to see multiple men and women dressed in black and white.

"It's only wine and some fancy appetizers," Cody explains while parking his car. "It's nice," I answer shortly, opening the car door. Cody and I make our way inside the building. The school looked just the same as before. "It's been years I've been here," I say. "I know." Cody chuckles. Together we enter the dining room, many people already talking with one another. The smell of warm appetizers and perfume greets me.

"Look," Cody orders me. I follow his gaze and find Kai and Anne watching us. I swallow and look at Cody. "I'll say hi to them, are you coming with me or are you going to find your friends?" I ask him. "I'll join you in a few minutes. Ty is here somewhere, and he wanted to ask me for some advice about his garden." Cody replies shortly before making his way in the other direction.

I hold my bearings and walk toward Kai and Anne, who were already in a deep conversation. "Hi," I greet them friendly. "Sofia, how you've been? We hoped you would come tonight!" Anne reacted cheerfully. "I'm glad to see you both again. You deserve an honest explanation about my absence here and why I haven't contacted you earlier." I inform them calmly.

"We know Sofia. It's understandable. You have a new life in New Orleans and we are happy for you." Kai responds honestly. "You aren't mad?" I ask them. "Of course not, but I have to say I have missed you. Maybe you can call us a little more because that would be great." Anne admits with a small smile. "I'll do that, it's a promise," I answer shortly, feeling the tension ease with each second.

"We heard you are working in a children's institution," Kai tells us. "Yeah, I am. I got a wonderful opportunity to work there, but I had to move permanently to New Orleans. That's why you haven't heard a lot from me. I was so busy with work and building a life there, it often slipped through my mind that I had to call you guys. It's a promise I'll call more." I explain them softly.

"Good," Anne giggled. "Your hair looks fabulous!" I gushed, noticing Anne's short haircut. Her hair is painted grey, and she looks so good with it. "Thank you, my boyfriend is the best." She gushed with a blush. "Wow, I didn't know your boyfriend was a hairdresser!" I tell her, astonished. "Yeah, he is. I met him at a fashion show. He was the hairdresser and I the stylist." She informs me with a warm smile. "It's still fresh, but next week we are a year together so." Anne smiles cheerfully.

"That's amazing," I answer, feeling a little jealous about her relationship. "And you Kai?" I quickly turn my attention toward him. "I had a boyfriend, but he was a dickhead so I dumped his sorry ass," Kai says carelessly. "Oh," I answer carefully. "He was too good looking to be real," Kai explained. "It's quite terrible to find someone honest and good these days," I say in understanding.

"It's horrific!" Kai blurted dramatically. "What's horrific?" Cody joined us with his friend Ty. "You're so nosy, Cody Santos." Anne smiled sheepishly. "Me? Never." Cody chuckled. I slap his arm playfully and find myself enjoying every second of it. This wasn't so bad after all. Cody was right. This is what I needed, a reunion with my old friends. Suddenly a thought pops into my head.

Tessa is late. I look around and just as my eyes find the entrance of the dining room; I see Tom with Tessa on his arm. A sigh escapes me. I thought something happened. I wave them over, a little horrified to greet the man beside her. Hopefully, he will act normal, especially with Tessa by his side. Fuck, I wave them over and Anne is standing with me. He dumped her back then, damnit. Hopefully, she won't be mad about it.

I quickly turn my attention to Anne and smile apologetically. "I'm sorry Anne, Tessa is my friend, and I just forgot about Tom," I explain to her carefully. "It's okay, Sofia. I'm over him." She smiles in understanding. I sigh in relief and when I look back Tessa's already standing beside me. "Hello everyone." Tom greets all of us. Everyone tried to smile friendly, but it was all too made. "This is my girlfriend Tessa." He introduced her with a big smile. Everyone said hello to her, curiously eyeing her.

Then his gaze falls on me, and I could see he was struggling with his thoughts. "Sofia, can I talk to you in private?" He questioned me carefully. I glance at Tessa, who nods encouragingly. I nod and follow him to a more quiet place in the dining room.

"Sofia, I want to talk to you about Tessa. I know your concerns about my loyalty toward her, but you need to know my intentions are honest with her. She has changed me into a better person and I would like for us to get along again like we used to." Tom explained to me softly. "Tom, a lot has happened when you were younger with Anne, but I need to see it to believe your honesty. The only thing I can tell you is to show me. Give me some proof you're loyal to my friend or you're going to regret your bad decisions. But it's only fair I give you the benefit of the doubt because of Tessa." I explain to him coldly with my arms folded. "That's understandable," Tom answers honestly.

Tom's gaze falls on the server behind us. He eyes him curiously and I see him thinking. "What's wrong?" I ask him curiously. "M-Taste Catering, isn't that business from Michael?" Tom murmurs. I feel myself instantly growing nervous by hearing his name. "Is he here?" I ask him silently in shock. "I don't think so. He never showed up at the reunion all those years. I haven't heard from him for a while now, but I know he has a few hotels in New York and he's expanding. The catering business is something new though." Tom explains to me.

I look around in shock, feeling my legs become weak, my head spanning from nervosity. "I need to go outside, tell Cody I'm taking a fresh air," I order him and without waiting for an answer I storm outside.

When I'm finally outside the school building, I'm panting, my breathing was too shallow. I let myself lean against the wall. Feeling the cold air against my skin made me relax a little. I brush my hands over my arms to protect myself from the chilly wind. I look down at my heels, which kept tormenting me through the entire night. A sigh escapes me and suddenly I see a silhouet approaching me.

Because of the darkness, I couldn't see who was standing at a distance from me. "Sofia?" I hear a voice greeting me. Quickly I stop breathing by hearing his voice. It was the voice that kept following me everywhere. In my dreams, he has been haunting me, and now his voice is so close it must be real. I'm not imagining this. Oh God, he's here...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 97.5K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...
170 1 6
Death has been following me since the day I was born. You are losing loved ones. You're losing friends. It's scary when you start to lose yourself. L...
739 13 37
I always considered myself a good person, helping others is my ultimate goal even my job shows you that. It was how I was raised by my adoptive fathe...
55K 2.2K 38
Torn apart like a shrewd cloth was my heart. Left alone with accusations tearing me apart. "Never do us apart" was our vows and All it took was a...