Inked In | A HP fanfiction

By _Anodite_

Maxima King had The Perfect Life. Cause honestly; Blue eyes? Blonde hair? Spectacular at sports? Amazing at... More

DISCLAIMER
Maxima Aurelia King
Every Story has a Prologue
That's a cliched trope
shitshitSHITFUCKFUCKFUUUCK(I'mSorry!)
*hysterical laughter*
I wish I had coffee
Girls, Girls, You're both Pretty
Let's get to it!
Closure
(Bittersweet)Memories
Politicking
Natural Nerves
Messages in the Waffle
Slytherins, it's time to RISE UP
First days and First Impressions
Brain Cells and Red Stains
"I'm pretty sure that's illegal..."

Changes

22 2 1
By _Anodite_

Maxima held her book of theory in her hands as she contemplated the changes made in the story by her entry. The Slytherin-Gryffindor divide wasn't as great and inter-house relationships weren't as bad as described in the books. She saw people of different houses hanging out with each other so Maxima supposed it was like that from before and Harry, being an oblivious dumbass, didn't see it.  

She shook her head and looked up to the sky, it was perfect for flying. Must be the day Harry talks to Cho in the Owlery, though Maxima. Her insides squirmed and she pursed her lips before letting out a breath. The Gryffindor practice was today as well. Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle, and a lot of the seniors were on Riddle's side. (So, that'll influence the practice.) The hierarchy in Slytherin Court portrayed that. Another headcanon true then, Maxima thought wryly.  The third-year and below were exempt because they were still figuring out their schedules and whatnot. Since the third year was the year the classes increased and they'd have to adjust again. Made sense.

Maxima closed her eyes and thought hard. What else? Was she forgetting something? Something fell on her face, she opened her eyes and raised her hands to touch the wet substance. Water. Might rain heavily later then. She closed up her book and made her way inside. She raised her head and saw a thestral. She smiled and raised her hand to push her hair back. When she caught sight of the bandages, she was reminded of Elijah. She would remember. She wrote it all down last night. Her hand cramped and it hurt badly but still. It was all worth it.

She was also writing down what was happening. The war from its very beginning, including Tom Riddle's origins with references to other dark lords like Grindelwald (Ravenclaw), Void, or Judas Pincushion (Hufflepuff) to add a bit of comparison. She could only hope that when all of this was done, she could publish and dispel the fear, the stigma, and the irrationality surrounding the topic. Maxima sighed. 

She made her way to Hagrid's hut with the dog treats she had in her bag. Poseidon who was laying down near her feet jumped up and wagged his tail happily. Maxima laughed and ran alongside him. The wind in her face was lifting her spirits which had sunken so low that she felt like she was back at her previous house. Maxima stopped a few feet away from Hagrid's hut. She opened her hair and shook it. It fell in waves and she swept her side bangs away. Maybe she'll go flying after feeding Fang and Poseidon. They could play with each other while she flew and let loose. She opened the door to the hut and Fang ran outside and around her in circles before jumping around Poseidon. They started to play with each other. They ran around each other, barking and yipping at each other. 

Maxima laughed as she tossed two treats, Poseidon jumped to catch one while Fang waited for it to come to him. Maxima summoned Fang's and Poseidon's bowls and filled it. She took out her wand and summoned her broom non verbally. (Took her one try. Damn, she's proud.) She climbed onto it and kicked off. She flew up with all the speed she could. Her hair flowing and her eyes stinging slightly. Maxima left all her worries behind. She could feel the boulders of tension, the mountain of stress, the stones of her past, the pebbles of doubt fall off as she flew higher and higher. 

She circled the lake with all the speed she could. Maxima was glad today was a free day! She took a few dives and pulling at the last second. Maxima levelled up again and looked down at the forest, she could see a few thestrals roaming around and she could see a few ripples from the squid. She straightened up and took a deep breath in, it felt like she was on a rollercoaster, rising and rising till the peak. She looked around and smiled.

 Suddenly, Maxima let all the breath whoosh out of her and she flattened herself against the broom, going down as fast as she could. She could see students milling about in the background but Maxima didn't care. All she cares about was the lake getting closer and closer to her as she dived, the speed enthralling her like a siren and the adrenaline seeping through her veins like a drug she couldn't get enough of.  She pulled on the broom as she levelled out inches above the lake, her toes skimming the water, she tilted herself to lightly graze the water. Maxima smiled at ripples she made. Maxima slowed down, not speeding like a madwoman but fast enough for the wind to nip at her nose. She smiled and shook her hand to get rid of the water. Ripples indeed.

---

Draco sat in the great hall reading the prophet, idly wondering the arrest of Sturgis Podmore. A frame up to lessen the number of people on the side of the light, no doubt. Daphne and Millicent came up and sat in front of him.

"Good morning, where are Theo and Blaise?"

Daphne shook her head and she seized the paper in his hands. Millicent yawned as she took a piece of toast and slathered some jam onto it. "They're still sleeping. I mean, today's off.  I suspect many will take today to rest, enjoy or catch up on studies" 

Daphne set the paper down, "There's a bit about Sirius Black in London. Work of your father Draco Darling?"

Draco grimaced, "Don't remind me. The sooner I forget the better."

Theo took that moment to sit down, "The sooner everyone forgets the better, you mean."

Blaise sat down on Draco's other side, "I still am wondering why our esteemed Headmaster hasn't asked for a trial or anything?" 

Draco shrugged. That was suspect but he supposed Maxima knew more, he turned to ask but saw that she wasn't there. "Where's Maxima?"

Everyone paused. They exchanged looks. Did she disappear? Again? Daphne started to get up as did the rest.

Millicent looked up, "The sky is cloudy but it doesn't look like it'll rain anytime soon. Maybe later in the night, good flying conditions though." 

Everyone paused. Draco looked up. "She did say she wanted to fly as soon as she could..."

Theo grabbed a napkin and took some toast. "Let's go then."

They made their way outside, chatting about anything and everything. Draco enjoyed chatting with Theo and Blaise. Finally glad he was rebelling against his father, it was all thanks to-

"MAXIMA!!! OHMIGOD!"

Draco looked towards Daphne and then towards where she was pointing. As she shouted, Maxima was there rushing downwards towards the lake at a breakneck speed. Draco's eyes widened and he moved but before he could do anything, Maxima levelled out above the water. 

Draco's eyes widened. What. Just. Happened?

Theo whistled, "Damn..."

Millicent whooped, "Bloody Brilliant!"

Everyone ran towards Hagrid's hut which was where Maxima was headed. Maxima had a lot to answer for.

Maxima sighed giddily and landed near Hagrid's hut. Poseidon and Fang were laying down and resting. Maxima could tell they had fun. She saw the Snake gang coming over, oops, thought Maxima. She waved goodbye to Fang and whistled for Poseidon.

Draco looked like he'd seen a ghost. Wait, was that applicable? Maxima tilted her head as she smiled sheepishly. "THAT WAS AMAZING!"

The rest were trailing behind. Draco grabbed Maxima's shoulders and shook her back and forth. "WHY ARE YOU NOT A SEEKER?"

Maxima let out a startled shout as she was being shaken and replied with Draco's same intensity, "I CAN'T SEE FOR SH-I-I-I-IT!!"

Draco stilled. "Oh."

Blaise and Theo laughed as Daphne rescued Maxima from Draco's clutches. "Oh Honey, you're hair is a mess." Daphne leaned in and faux whispered "Sexy. If I do say so myself."

Maxima snorted. "It's not like I did it on purpose. Although the windswept look is sexy, you gotta get the right angle. Otherwise, it's just windswept."

They moved towards a nice tree near the lake with Poseidon trailing along. When they sat down, they enjoyed the day and pulled out their homework and assignments. In between they were joined by Hermione, Neville, Ginny, Luna and Susan Bones. They had done almost everything and were making decent headway when Daphne broke.

"Okay, I'll start it." Daphne huffed, looking thoroughly put out, "Umbridge is a foul woman and we need practice. For our OWLs and the real world."

Susan put down her quill slowly, "So, He's back?"

They looked towards Maxima who had sighed very loudly, "Yes, Voldemort or Tom Riddle, which is his real name, by the way, is back."

They sat in silence for a minute, before Maxima pulled out a notebook, "How bout we start a club? Defense Club or Defense Association? To study, to learn how to fight? God knows we need it."

Hermione puffed up her cheeks, "Who'll teach it then?"

Neville piped up, "Harry could."

There was silence after that statement and Maxima smiled, "Brilliant. But we need to ask him of course."

Hermione smiled, "Leave that to me. All we need is a few members." 

Draco leaned forward, "I could cover Slytherin. Sound people out."

Susan tapped her quill against her chin, "I'll take Hufflepuff then."

Luna piped up, "I could take Ravenclaw? Although no one would take me seriously. I am Loony Lovegood."

Maxima smiled, "And we love you for it. I'd like to know the names of those who call you Loony though, Moon."

Luna blinked. Maxima grinned. All teeth.  "Okay."

Maxima patted Luna's hand and turned to Neville, Hermione and Ginny, "You'll take Gryffindor? Oh and send the Weasley Twins my way okay? Kay. If, and that's a big if, Harry says no. I'll take over. I did learn everything from 1st year to 6th in a month. Anyways,"

The Slytherins smiled and smirked as Maxima King took over and started to order everyone.  "You don't tell anyone what we're doing except making a study group. If they agree, ask them to come to a room. The room is located on the seventh floor in the left corridor of the Hogwarts castle and has a hidden entrance opposite the depicting the attempt to teach ballet."

Everyone nodded. Maxima hummed and leaned back, "Daphne, Theo, Millicent, You're going to be in the Library researching spells, charms, hexes, jinxes, anything to help us. Compile a list by category."

Maxima snapped her fingers, "Blaise. We'll be doing some charming on parchment to prevent anyone from snitching. Let's go. Come on Poseidon." Maxima stood up and started walking with Poseidon following.

Everyone blinked but the Slytherins didn't bat an eye. They got up and started moving. 

Draco grinned, "The Queen's wish is our command."

Blaise grinned and caught up with Maxima. Daphne, Theo, Millicent laughed and moved. Luna smiled as she moved to catch up with Maxima to give her a few names.

Susan looked towards Maxima and the others as they made their way to the castle, "Well, best get to it then. It's almost time for lunch."

Hermione nodded and got up along with Neville and Ginny who tilted her head, "I'll get Fred and George. Although that was a quick change."

Neville glanced at her, "Slytherins are supposed to be known for change." 

Hermione nodded and started to make her way to the castle. "About time something happened."

(A/N): IM AALLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEEEEEEE.

lmao, hi! Sorry about my disappearance. I am not in a good place. But meh, I'll survive. Anyways how did you like this chapter? Gib me the deets.

Word Count: 2k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 71 16
Lily's life with her twin brother has been boring but calm. Mostly. After getting accepted into Hogwarts, she's pushed away by the only person she ne...
8.7K 315 32
The Boy Who Lived is a well-known tale. Because that's what it is, a tale. The boy who lived never actually survived Voldemort. He never existed in t...
46K 1.7K 60
It's 10 years later and everything has changed. Sirius was taken away all those years ago and you haven't spoken to him since. You and Severus have g...
973K 36.3K 124
Samantha Potter lived a normal life. She went to Hogwarts, played Quidditch, and tried to pass History of Magic. But that all changes when she reunit...