This House Is Not A Home: Ble...

By violetbee

Mitch Grassi - better known as Lights by his housemates - meets face to face with death while trying to finis... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - February 13th (Part 1)
Chapter 2 - February 13th (Part 2)
Chapter 4 - Wishing Well
Chapter 5 - Lottie
Chapter 6 - Long Way Down
Chapter 7 - Roxas
Chapter 8 - Warm Bodies
Chapter 9 - Winter is Coming
Author's Note
Chapter 10 - Brokenhearted
Chapter 11 - Lies
Chapter 12 - Eddie
Chapter 13 - Up in Flames
Chapter 14 - Oblivion
Chapter 16 - Escape
Chapter 17 - The Door
Chapter 18 - Sacrifice
Chapter 19 - Black Magic, Part 1.
Chapter 20 - Black Magic, Part 2

Chapter 3 - Love and Death

3.7K 137 178
By violetbee

AYYYYY I HOPE Y'ALL LIKE SMUT

This chapter gets VERY smutty in the beginning, then dramatic, then scary. Just to lay it out for you. I'll put *** when the smut starts and ends incase you're uncomfortable reading it (why would you be though amirite)

If you submitted fan art I'll start posting them one by one starting with the next chapter <3

HOPE YOU LOVE IT love you guys <3333 Please comment on everything and make my day

---

Sticks got Roxas and I back to the house around 2 in the morning. As soon as we walked through the doors, Claudette jumped up from where she sat on the stairs and ran towards us in anticipation. She hugged me tightly and started to cry once she saw that I was alive.

I was alive.

I couldn’t believe that I had survived it thought it was starting to make sense. Catherine had made me see my gravestone and now she was gone. Maybe if she was still here I would have died…

I used to hate Valentine’s Day when I lived in my old homes. Mainly the reason being I was usually housed with a bunch of shitty straight boys, but then I landed in this place. There were beautiful gay boys crawling all over the place just screaming for me to play with, but Roxas stole my heart when I least expected it.

I still had a deep admiration for Blue, though, and that scared me sometimes. He was so perfectly beautiful and whenever I saw Specks playing with his head I just wanted to grab Blue and kiss him…just to piss Specks off. It used to be the fuel to my fire to play with the men I lived with, but now I was in love. So fabulously, unexpectedly in love.

He surprised me on Valentine’s with chocolates. It was so cliché but I was so thrilled by it. I was starting to see a different side of Roxas since he told me about his parents. He was letting his guard down around me and I was slowly trying to let mine down, but the last thing I wanted to do was talk about my past. I guess I was a hypocrite for that.

I woke up in the best way possible that morning. Roxas was laying featherlight kisses on my face. He kissed my cheek, then my forehead, then my nose. I giggled against him. “Stop!” I whined playfully and he started laughing. He brought his hands to my face and tilted my head up slightly to kiss me lightly on the lips. He was so gentle with me, as if I were made of porcelain.

He broke the kiss and we both opened our eyes, small smiles breaking across both of our faces. “I guess I’m awake now.” I joked and he smiled wider at me, his beautiful teeth making a rare appearance.

“I’m going to be so mad when we have to move back in…we’ll have to start getting up early again and doing chores.”

I rolled my eyes and then had a thought. I never really had to deal with that. I was either really sick or really hurt, and I kind of missed getting up with the rest of the boys like I had in the beginning.

“How about we get up? Go see everyone?” I offered and he seemed to dislike the idea.

“How about we go get food first?” He stood up from the bed and stretched his arms up above his head, nearly reaching the ceiling. His messy blonde hair was sticking out at all ends and his t-shirt and sweatpants were wrinkled to hell – and somehow he was still the hottest boy I’d ever seen in my life. I bit my bottom lip at the sight and watched him take off his shirt, throwing it onto his unpacked suitcase near the window. I gulped at the sight of his thin frame and his slightly toned arms.

*** “You’re so hot…” I thought out loud. He turned to me and gave me a devilish smirk before dropping the shirt he was going to put on to come back over onto the bed. He crawled over to where I was laying and climbed on top of me to bring his mouth down to mine. I brought my hand up to where a bulge was starting to form and cupped it with my hand, making him take a sharp breath in. I gently moved my hand up and down against the fabric, driving him wild as he kissed me deeper and deeper.

His hands flew to my shirt and he started to take it off, slipping the black fabric above my head and then chucking it to the side. His hands trailed my healing skin lightly all the way down so he could clutch my hips with his hands. He broke the kiss to take a struggled breath as he became harder against my hand. “Fuck…Mitch…” He groaned and I clenched my teeth at the mention of my name. He straightened his body up so I was looking up at him. His hands were in his hair and he was making small noises as I moved my hand up and down his member. He finally looked down at me and put his hands on either side of me, his legs spread out next to mine.

He nodded for my consent and I smiled back, letting go of his crotch and balancing myself as he picked up my legs and spread them to either side of his hips. He came back down and his mouth met mine again as his hands flew to my ass, gripping it tight in his hands and making me wince, but I liked it and he knew it. I loved when he was rough with me.

Soon our clothes were completely removed and my hand went right back to where it originally was, making him shudder as my cold hands caressed him tenderly. He brought my leg up over his shoulder and kissed the skin tenderly, down to the sensitive part of my thighs and then stopped to look up at me. “You ready?”

“I’m more than ready.” I smirked over at him and let go of him as he prepared to take me, watching my face the entire time.

His fingers worked their way inside of me as he leaned back down to kiss me again. I wrapped my legs completely around his torso, contorting myself to make it easier for him. He finally entered me, our eyes on one another as he did. My breathing was uneven as he invaded my body completely, making me clench my fingers at his bare skin and throw my head back. His lips met the skin of my throat and he kissed around lightly until my muscles relaxed around him.

He pulled out lightly and pushed back it quickly, making me moan quietly and shut my eyes as he started to pulse in and out, lightly at first, but picking up speed once I started to moan louder. His strong arms propped himself up so he could look down at me with those gorgeously intense blue eyes as he picked up speed. I was becoming louder as he sped up, making his thrusts harder and harder as he went on, so he brought his mouth down to mine to kiss me hard.

Intense waves of pleasure were coursing through me, making me get louder and louder as he continued thrusting in and out hard and fast. He laughed lightly to himself but I didn’t ask why. He just kept going and I continued to get louder until he finally put his hand lightly over my mouth. “Shhh…” He shushed me and I bit my lip hard to shut myself up. We were both smiling as he continued, bringing his mouth back down to mine again, my hands flying to his waist and gripping him tightly as he started to reach his climax. He broke the kiss and sat up straighter so he could thrust into me as hard as he could without hurting me. His thrusts became uneven and soon he pushed in one last time and stopped, his face being overcome with pure pleasure as he spilled inside of me.

He collapsed lightly on top of me and I wrapped my arms around him, feeling myself reaching my own end. I bit his neck and held him close as he finished off inside of me, only a few seconds before I made a mess on both of us. He took an audible breath before lifting himself off of me and letting me slip out from underneath him. ***

He brought his mouth back down to mine and kissed me tenderly on the lips before someone knocked on the door and interrupted us. We both jumped in place at the sound and looked to the door. I brought my hand to my chest and silently thanked God it was locked.

“Claudette has a key…” Roxas whispered and both of our eyes went wide. We made our way quickly into the bathroom and he shut the door behind him. We faced each other and immediately started laughing hard as we heard the hotel room door open.

“What are you two doing in there?!” Claudette yelled out, making us laugh harder.

“We’ll be out soon!” I yelled out and I heard her make a disgusted noise under her breath. I brought myself into Roxas as I laughed, resting my forehead against his chest and feeling the vibrations of his laugh against my own skin. He wrapped his arms around me and lightly kissed my forehead, sending shivers through my body. I tilted my head back to look up at him and he just smiled, so I leaned up and kissed him on the lips before we decided to finally shower and start our day.

---

“I’ll be back soon.” He said before he kissed me once more, then headed towards the stairs in a rush to go get us food. I watched him as he went and then geeked out to myself once he was out of sight. I was acting like a teenage girl and I needed to relax.

I took a walk down the hall to find some of the others and spotted Blue sitting in a chair in a waiting area with a book in hand. He looked upset and I immediately became angry at Specks, whether it was his fault or not. I chose to blame him.

“Hi.” I sat down in the chair next to him and he smiled up at me once he saw who it was.

“Hey, Lights…” He said, shutting the book and placing it aside. He was smiling at me, but I could tell something was wrong with him.

“What’re you up to?” I asked him and his face fell.

He seemed flustered for a moment. “You know, same old issues at hand.”

I knew it was him! “What’d he do?”

He rolled his eyes at the thought of him and then shut them tight. “I caught him kissing Semi again…”

“When?”

He sighed. “Last night…you know, Valentine’s Day was absolutely wonderful for us? Now he went and fucked it up again…” He stood up from the chair and fixed his shirt. “I hate him sometimes, you know that?”

I looked up at him sadly. I wanted to smack Specks across the face for hurting such a beautiful being. “Come on.” I stood up and grabbed his hand. “We’re going to visit him!” I started to drag Blue down the hall but he stopped me.

“No!”

“Why?” I asked him. “He’s being an ass and you need to call him out!”

“No! I can’t!” He fought me, but I still had his wrist in my hand.

“Blue, you need to stand up for yourself.” I said to him. “I know you’re scared of losing him but is it really worth all this? You deserve better than that…”

His face fell even more and he took a minute before he started walking ahead of me with a strong posture, but then turned around with a vulnerable face. “You’re coming with me right?”

I smiled at him and followed closely behind him as he led the way. Once we got to Semi’s door, I knocked loudly and Blue jumped. “I was going to wait until I figured out what I was going to say!” He scolded me and I shrugged.

Semi answered the door shirtless and I was actually pretty impressed. He was very attractive, I’d give him that but he was hurting my Blue and that just wasn’t going to do.

“Hi!” I said sweetly and pushed in past him to find Specks sitting on his bed. “Hi Specks! Good morning!” I sounded like a fake bitch and I really hoped it bothered them.

Specks looked between me and then Blue while he chewed his toast. “May I help you?” He looked me up and down with attitude. “Hi Blue…”

“Hi.” Blue said quickly.

I looked to him but it was almost as if he were waiting for me to speak. I motioned towards him to say something but Semi interrupted.

“I could get into this…y’all should take your shirts off and make out…” He pointed between the three of us.

“Shut up and go get dressed!” I yelled at him and he rolled his eyes at me before exiting into the bathroom.

“Why are you in here?” Blue asked Specks.

Specks started to laugh and he stood up, throwing his toast onto his plate. “Oh, you brought your other boyfriend in here with you to call me out? You really need a bodyguard?”

Blue’s face fell and I stepped in. “Don’t be a dick.” I told him.

“Why don’t you leave now so I can talk to my boyfriend alone.” Specks said and I saw a small smile break across Blue’s face but I was done with his attitude.

“Your boyfriend?” I got in his face. “You little fucker.”

It hit me just then. He was me. So much like me like I was before I came here. I stepped up to Specks, who granted was shorter than me, but he looked up at me like he could kill me.

“If you really loved Troye you wouldn’t be doing this to him. You’re breaking his fucking heart and you don’t even care.” I whispered at him and I seemed to hit a nerve. He gulped and shifted his eyes over to Blue, who was looking down at the floor now. “Get your shit together or you’re going to lose him forever.” I stepped away from Specks, keeping my eyes on him before I finally turned and left them in the room alone together. I took a satisfied sigh and started back towards my hotel room. I needed to play games still, I just didn’t want to hurt Roxas. I might as well use my powers for good and not evil.

---

Knock, knock.

I started awake and propped myself up on my elbow to look towards the door.

Knock, knock.

I got out of bed carefully so I wouldn’t wake Roxas and looked out the peephole to see no one on the other side. I opened the door lightly and looked both ways before stepping out slightly. I saw a figure move near the staircase and disappear around the corner. I felt myself get nervous, but I had to know what it was. I went back into the room and got dressed before I went back out and looked around. I saw movement again and followed it to the staircase. I stopped at the top and looked down, listening closely to the silence until I heard a sound from the bottom of the stairs. I started down slowly and crept my way to the bottom, keeping my eyes and ears open.

“RAAA!!!”

I flew back and yelped before I lunged at Sticks and knocked him into the wall behind him. He was laughing hysterically at me.

“That’s not funny!!!” I yelled back and he started to calm his laughing.

“Oh man…your damn face.”

“Fuck you!”

“Fuck you that was funny!”

“Ass…”

“Alright, enough with the swearing…” He laughed again and then looked down at me with his hands on his hips. He was still in plain clothes, but his badge and gun were in place. “I’ve been doing some exploring at the house…I think I may have started something.”

I felt the color wash out of my face. “What the fuck did you do?”

“Language, child.” He shushed me and I rolled my eyes hard at him.

“What did you do?!” I repeated my question angrily.

“I was just snooping around…and then this weird wind came out of nowhere and started blowing the glass around so I had to get out. I angered someone. I don’t know if it was that Eddie guy or not…but I won’t be able to get back in now until they’re done construction.”

I wanted to throw up. Catherine was the only person powerful enough to create wind. “That’s not possible…” I said to myself, to my own thoughts.

“Well, it’s possible because it happened. It wasn’t windy anywhere else because as soon as I got outside I was fine.” He sighed. “All I was doing was going through some things in the staff’s quarters…they didn’t like that.”

I sighed and looked up to him. “We won’t be able to go back there until the end of next week, at least.” I said. “Would you be able to do me another favor?”

He nodded. “Of course.”

---

“God, you are going to get me fired.” He said as we walked into the storage cellar that Mr. Montgomery had rented out to keep all the boxes at.

“Relax. If anyone’s going to get you fired it’s going to be yourself.” I threw back at him and he scoffed at me as he stood watch at the front of the door.

“What are you looking for?” He asked as I flashed the flashlight around the boxes until I saw the ones that held the house files from back when it just opened and on.

“For anything that could help me learn more about Eddie.”

I started back when the fire had happened and went through employee files, stopping and glancing at Natalie’s and Claudette’s as I went by. I smiled because they were both so beautiful when they were younger, especially Claudette. Her hair was orange, like a true Irish woman’s and her eyes were kind.

Natalie looked a lot like she did in her older years. Nothing changed too much about her besides the obvious signs of aging. I sighed as I looked at her file, especially when I realized the space for her death date was missing. I shut my eyes and put the file back into the box without taking another glance at it. “February 11th…” I muttered as I continued through the box until I finally found who I was looking for.

I pulled out Eddie’s file, cringing at the look of his mean face on the cover. I sat on the floor and opened the file to start snooping. He was born and raised in Connecticut, and served as a Marine until he was unhonorably discharged for performing medical experiments on injured military personnel. “Hey, Sticks?”

He hummed from where he stood outside.

“Why would they hire someone that did experiments on people in a children’s home?”

He turned with a disgusted look on his face before he came in and sat next to me on the ground. I held the file out to him and asked him to read it. His eyes scanned the page and then he took it from me completely, squinting as he read on past where I had. “He was related to the Hemingways.” He said. “He was the cousin of Natalie’s father. That probably had something to do with it. I’m sure his military files were sealed and he could have lied…” He handed me back the file.

“So how did he go unnoticed in a basement as small as that one in that little room doing experiments?”

Sticks shook his head. “The basement is much bigger…”

“I know. I have the blueprints in my bag.” I shut the file. “So that little room wasn’t where he did experiments?”

“I doubt it.” He said. “He probably used it as a holding chamber. I’m sure his room is somewhere in the other part of that basement…if I could only just figure out where I dug that hole…we could get down there…”

“Let’s go, then.”

“No…” He scolded me like a child. “There are construction crews there working night and day now. I can’t get near the place. Let’s just hope nothing happens to them or else there will be a LOT more people getting involved.”

I cringed at the thought. “I just want this to keep quiet.”

“So do I.” He said and flipped the file back open. I looked over at him as he went through it, reading very carefully as he did. He was definitely helpful, I’d give him that, I just wanted to know more about him before I put all my trust into him. I walked further back to reach the more recent years. I looked at the nineties folders and started sifting through them quickly while he studied Eddie’s file.

“You know, Claudette and Mrs. Hemingway’s files are in there too.”

“Oh really?” He laughed. “I’m going in!”

I smirked to myself and started going through the files quickly, but I didn’t come across him until I reached 1999, of course.

“Oh, ew…” I said when I saw his hairstyle back then. He looked like a scrub. I flipped through the file quickly and looked at his story; he grew up in Kentucky and was arrested for theft at the age of 14, was kicked out of his foster home, and then put into Hemingway until he was 18. That’s all it really said though, so I put his file back and started looking through the other boys, but their nicknames weren’t attached to their files. I sighed in defeat and shut the box before I headed back down towards him.

“Nothing interesting.” His face said otherwise, and he shut the file. I took it out of his hands and he pulled forward to try and take it back but I walked a few feet away with it so I could see for myself. I opened it and flipped through it quickly until I found a room number on a sheet of paper.

“What’s this?” I asked to myself. “Maybe there were offices down there…” I said and smirked to myself. Sticks stood up and brushed himself off before coming over to me and shaking my shoulder.

“You can’t go back there…there are workers there.” He said sternly.

“I won’t go back now.” I said.

He shook his head. “You all will be back there by Friday.” He said. “You have six days until everyone’s moved back in, and I’m sure they wouldn’t be thrilled if you’re doing ghost hunting after four people died…”

I looked up at him angrily. “I’m going to go back when no one is there.”

“How are you going to know?” He asked me as if I were dumb.

“I’ll figure it out.” I slammed the file shut and he walked past me to go outside. He cursed under his breath at me and I turned back to the box. I stuck Eddie’s file back into the box and pushed it aside before I went back down to Sticks’s box. I opened it up and went through his other housemates during that year, and I was worried. There were a lot. A lot more than there should have been, especially compared to other years.

I started looking strictly for death dates. They were all over the place, but they were only about a month apart. I opened the ‘2000’ box and went through them as well. Sticks was long gone by then, seeing as he left in April once he got kicked out. This was only just beginning when he was there. I went back into his box and went through all the boys until I found the earliest death.

Hale Westborough

I stared at the file and looked at the boy’s face. He looked like an ass; like he was eternally up to something. I wonder if people said the same about me.

“Mitch?” Sticks called out and I shoved the file into my jacket and zipping it up. I threw the cover on the box and walked over to the more recent years. I opened the ‘2013’ box on a whim just as he entered the storage unit.

“I was looking for my housemates’ files.” I told him as I looked into the slightly empty box. There were only one file in there. There wasn’t even one started for 2014. “Only one person left in 2013 but in all these other years so many people were leaving…”

“The house has gotten a lot better…” He said, leaning against the stack of boxes. “Who you trying to look up?”

“All of them.” I said before I stood back up. “Oh well…” I looked at the one file in the box and reached out to pull it from the box.

Matthew Lush

“Oh! He’s really cute…” I smirked and started going through his file. “His literal name was Lush, are you kidding?”

Sticks shook his head. “Don’t you have a boyfriend? Come on. I’m starving and I need a coffee.”

“It’s the middle of the night.”

“Yes and I want a coffee. Come on, Mitch!” He exited the storage unit and I flipped through a couple more pages until I shut it. Then I realized what I had seen. I opened the file back open and looked at the report shoved in the back.

I saw her tonight. She was just floating there. Her hair was going everywhere. I couldn’t even move. I just wanted her to go away and she wouldn’t. No one believes me either because they think it’s just because I drink all the time. No one will help me. The wet boys always laugh but she makes them cry.

The wet boys? What?

His handwriting was hard to read but it was enough to make out who he was talking about. I took the file and shoved that in my coat as well before I went out to meet Sticks.

---

“I want to see those blueprints.” Sticks said to me as we drove our way to a diner. “If I can figure out where I dug I can totally get back down there.” He was ranting as we went on and I shot him a look.

“When will you be able to do that? I thought there were people there.”

His face fell and I sat up straight in my seat.

“Were you lying to me?!” I asked him angrily and he put his hand in front of me.

“Relax!” He said. “I just didn’t want you running off and getting into more trouble. Crews are working during the day and I don’t want you getting caught.”

“So there’s no one there right now?”

“It’s three in the morning, Mitch. Of course there’s no one there.”

I put my hand on my forehead out of aggravation and kept quiet the rest of the way to the diner. If I could get back to the house and look at the blueprints, maybe I could figure out another way into the basement.

“His burial place wasn’t there.” He said after some time. “No graveyard name, nothing.”

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I knew Natalie had found him. Maybe she did something to his body…

We parked in the Denny’s parking lot and he started to get out of his car. “I’m just picking up an order. Wait here.” He shut the door and went inside. Once he disappeared around the corner I started looking around the car. He had plenty of goodies in the trunk of his car plus other tools in his backseat. I climbed over into the driver’s seat and put the bag onto the passenger’s seat before I looked up again to make sure he wasn’t there. I slowly pulled out without putting the headlights on so he wouldn’t see, and then sped away off towards the house again.

---

I laid my blueprints out on the trunk of his car once I had parked in front of the house. It was already looking better. New windows had been put in and it was half painted a deep maroon color instead of white. It was starting to look more like a real home. I looked at the main floor plan to see if there was another way of getting into the basement, but I was doubtful. All the storm cellars were most likely swept away with the fire and covered up by Mr. Hemingway. Then I noticed a well at the very other end of where the original house would have ended and I became curious.

I took a flashlight out of his trunk and an iron rod just incase. I took the blueprints with me and rounded the side of the house where I looked straight ahead, but it was too dark to see if there was a well somewhere down in there. Most of it was a clearing too, but the woods started at least half a mile away. I took a deep breath and began to walk straight down into the woods. I reached a point where I was directly across from the Michealson’s and looked back at the house. I was getting pretty far out and I was starting to become nervous, but if there was anything for me to look at I wanted to see it for myself.

I continued on until I was deep into the woods. I tried to look around for any sort of marker, but nothing showed on the blueprints that I could possibly identify with. I sighed and that’s when I heard a noise behind me.

I turned quickly and flashed my flashlight over, but there was nothing in front of me. I listened closely into the silence as I looked around at the dead trees. Something moved ahead of me and I flashed my flashlight over quickly, but there was nothing there. My heart started to race as I moved forward, slowly stepping on the dead sticks and leaves beneath my feet. The sound of them snapping beneath my feet sounded like gunshots going off in this silence. I felt like whatever was out here was going to see it as a threat.

I stopped moving and moved my flashlight around slowly, observing the trees in the distance and past that into what seemed like eternal darkness. I gasped when I landed the light on an old, rusty well only about twenty feet away.

A small child came into view and I dropped my flashlight as I yelped out, jumping back a foot and putting my arms over my chest. I opened my eyes wider to try and adjust to the darkness, but it was too hard to see without the moon. I scrambled and tried to find my flashlight, flicking it back on the moment it got into my hands and flashing it forward. Everything was still and not a noise was to be heard. I kept my hands tight on the plastic tube in my hand and my eyes scanned the horizon carefully.

The lever on the well slowly started to move and spin. I stood up slowly in horror as it did. Something was moving it I swore I could hear water splashing in a bucket as it came up. I slowly moved towards it and once I got close enough the lever just stopped dead.

I stopped when it did and stood still as I waited for something else to happen. Swinging was heard behind me and I turned quickly, but nothing was ahead of me.

When I turned back, the image of a dripping wet boy met my eyes and I gasped so hard I was out of breath. He was gone in the blink of an eye and I kept my light on the well. The lever started moving again and I watched it carefully as I waited for something to come up, but nothing was appearing. I walked slowly forward and took a deep breath before I flashed the flashlight into the well, only to be met with a never ending tunnel beneath me.

“LIGHTS!”

I dropped the flashlight into the well and watched as it hit the wall, knocking the light out. I listened as it hit the walls going down, down, down…

Sticks came up to my side and flashed the flashlight down the well to see where it had gone, but it wasn’t until a few seconds later when we heard it finally hit the ground. “Whoa…” He said and then grabbed my arm hard, making me wince. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing, Mitch? You really stole my car? Really?”

I looked up at him and couldn’t say a word.

“Nothing to say really? Why not, Lights?”

“Because there’s someone standing behind you.”

---

I'll update next Tuesday. Please vote and comment <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.7K 3.3K 26
〝some people stepped away, as if i were a bomb that would explode any second. but mitch stayed.〞 { completed }
57.9K 1.3K 15
When a girl turns up on Avi's doorstep in the middle of a storm, it becomes clear that the lives of Pentatonix are about to take a rather drastic tur...
15K 366 35
Note that I wrote these before Matt joined so sorry he's not in here 😔 Other than that... just a regular one shot book and it's pg so yay for us 😂
74.4K 5.5K 35
Scott Hoying is one of Mitch Grassi's biggest fans. Scott discovered his music at a point in his life where everything was going downwards and he wan...