Held By The Neck | Lee Eunhyuk

By biancalolou

Hideous. Ugly. Scarred. Tainted. Failure. Broken. Unloved. Alone. Alone. Used. Worthless. Disappointment. Voi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
hi
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 26

6.7K 334 114
By biancalolou

"We're here to bring all of you on the first floor. It's safer than being in here." I told Mr. Han.

"There's nowhere in this world that we can call safe. We're all prone to danger." Mr. Ahn said, sitting on the bed, taking a short rest before we go down.

"And that Eunhyuk guy made any means possible for people to be able to live down there right?" Mr. Han questioned Hyunsu and I.

"Well, there's another reason why he made us come here. The barriers at the front wouldn't stand against an attack and they've always worried about that. I guess Eunhyuk saw our weapon and probably Jaeheon's shield and got curious." I explained.

"And he wants me to do it?" Mr. Han asked with raised eyebrows.

Hyunsu and I nodded and we just heard a sigh.

"Fine. I will agree to going downstairs but we'll bring the children." Mr. Ahn demanded.

"Of course. That's not even an issue, Mr. Han." I smiled then turned to the children. "Go pack what you want to bring then we'll go, okay?" I instructed them.

The both of them nodded and straightened up.

I noticed that Hyunsu was looking at me with a troubled expression so I went towards him.

"Is something the matter?" I inquired, genuinely concerned but he shook his head and smiled.

A forced smile but I let it slide.

He'll tell me when he wants to.

"We've got everything we want to bring!" Yeongsu exclaimed.

I looked at their hands and saw that he's holding a toy dinosaur.

"I'm pretty sure the nursery at where we're going has more toys." I told him, rubbing his head.

Mr. Han also has a bag full of tools and equipment. His cannon, on his lap as well.

"Ready to go?" Hyunsu asked everyone.

Mr. Ahn stood up and stood behind Mr. Han's wheelchair but Hyunsu already beat him to it.

"I can handle him, Mr. Ahn. Besides, Yuri looks like she'll shed blood before you can try and overwork yourself." Hyunsu said to him.

"I'll take the front, while Yuri and Mr. Ahn take the back. The others will be in the middle. We'll take the elevator to get downstairs." I instructed and pushed the button on my weapon.

"The elevator still works?" Mr. Ahn asked.

I nodded at him.

When we were battling the 2 headed monster, I remember catching a glimpse of the elevator that was still working.

I put my earphones on my ear and listened.

There was still ringing because of the lady in the bathroom but it's not getting louder so it's safe to go outside.

I went to the door and opened it slowly, looking left and right down the corridor to check.

"Clear." I stated, holding the door open for them to go outside.

Once everyone were outside, I closed the door with a small sound.

Thanks for the short sense of safety.

I jogged to the front and led them to the elevator which was thankfully only a few feet away, not even glancing at my own unit.

Whatever is inside is in the past now. We're not living in comfort now that monsters are everywhere killing off humans.

We reached the elevator without much hassle.

I pressed the button and waited.

There was tension in the air.

Our ears were focused on the earphones.

No sound of ringing has been heard as the elevator nears us.

A small ding radiated from the elevator.

I raised my weapon in case something dangerous was inside but there was nothing.

I stepped aside and let the others go in first and I went last, standing beside Hyunsu.

Pressing the level of the first floor, we went down.

"Hey." Hyunsu nudged me, making me look at him.

He still has that troubled expression on his face.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"There's something you need to know." he said quietly.

"Which is?" I asked once more.

HYUNSU'S POV (FLASHBACK)

I was about to follow Nara when I felt someone grab my shoulders.

Lee Eunhyuk.

His eyes were stuck on Nara but when she didn't turn around to look at us, he talked to me quietly.

"Rescuing Han Dusik is the main goal. The kids are secondary. Focus on the main goal." he said.

My eyebrows furrowed.

The kids are as important as Mr. Han.

"If things go south, leave the kids." he added then stepped away from me just in time when Nara went to our direction, looking at the both of us.

But she didn't say anything and took her nunchucks from her face and walked away.

END OF FLASHBACK

NARA'S POV

That fucking asshole.

I felt rage consume my body and Hyunsu tried calming me down.

My hands were clenched into fists, trying to suppress the rage inside me.

There was another ding and the elevator opened.

We were welcomed with the people on the ground floor, holding some kind of weapon.

"Not now, please. Let's get the others inside first." Hyunsu held my arm and pulled me outside the elevator.

I heaved a big sigh and smiled at the one we just saved.

'Things go south' my ass.

I pulled Mr. Han's wheelchair and set him just at the front of the elevator and those who were inside followed him.

The people were still holding their weapons in a defensive matter.

"They're not infected." I told them simply but they still didn't put their hands down.

"If she said they're not infected then they're not so put those down and stop pretending you're won't sacrifice another person just so you can get away." Eunyoo shouted, startling them.

"What's this?" someone asked.

Someone I want to strangle right now.

Lee fucking Eunhyuk.

"Calm down." Hyunsu warned me.

I know he's just looking out for me but knowing what Eunhyuk said makes me extremely furious.

"You made it back." Eunhyuk stated then looked at me.

His face showed shock then turned away.

I wonder why.

Is it because of my glare at him or the fist that I'm trying so hard not to plant on his face.

Eunhyuk walked towards us in a confident manner.

Asshole.

He stretched his hand towards Mr. Han, "I'm Lee Eunhyuk. Glad you could make it here safely along with the children." he introduced.

Mr. Han shook his head but said nothing.

"And these are?" Eunhyuk asked, looking at Yuri and Mr. Ahn.

"They're Yuri and Mr. Ahn. They saved us when we got into trouble." Hyunsu explained.

"Trouble? What happened?" Eunhyuk questioned, looking at him then to me.

"None of your business. The only thing that matters is that 'things didn't go south'. Well, what matters to you, that is." I answered, staring at him with a hard glare.

"Make sure that these people get rested and fed equally. They're all a priority just as much as the others are." I spat at him and walked off.

Eunhyuk's face has finally shown an emotion.

Shock

And guilt.

I walked passed Eunyoo and she followed me but I didn't stop until she pulled my arm.

"What was that back there?" she asked, surprise written on her face.

I don't get angry a lot so whenever she sees me angry, she has to know why because she claims that I get a lot more scarier that her. She wants to know the reason so she can avoid doing what made me angry and she also wants to beat up the reason why I'm mad.

"Ask your douchebag of a brother." I replied and continued towards the arcade.

It was locked so I just waited at the front.

"You're back." I heard someone say.

I looked around and saw that it was the old man who threatened us.

He's talking to me through the gate which has alternate gaps every few inches.

His face and hands were full of dried blood.

I rolled my eyes at him, not really in the mood the talk.

"I'm talking to you." he said once more but I just ignored him.

The anger that was pulsing through me was slowly fading away but it all went back when I saw the person walking towards me.

This time, I didn't walk away.

"Hyunsu told you?" Eunhyok asked, panting.

"Does it even matter if he told me or not?" I spat at him, advancing to where he stood.

"What kind of mindset was that! Everyone alive is as important as Mr. Han is! Why would you say that the kids are second priority!" I exclaimed, pushing him against the wall.

"We needed him for everyone's safety! For your safety! For Eunyoo!" he retorted.

"Don't even go there! Eunyoo knows better that to just practically leave the children behind! And for my safety? Don't even start." I laughed sarcastically.

"Then what do you want me to do? They're counting on me!" Eunhyuk shouted back, raising his hands in an exasperated manner.

"They could lean on you without you turning into an arrogant person!" I told him.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Arrogant? You're telling me I'm an arrogant person? I made you stay here so you won't have to fight yourself to death with those things!" he practically screamed.

It's making me wonder how people are not hearing our fight.

"You made us feel like prisoners, Eunhyuk! And if I didn't know better, I'm sure that the reason why we're here is for us to become your errand boy!" I shouted then pointed at the arcade that has multiple barricades.

"I had to, okay!" he answered.

I snorted out a humorless laugh and turned away from him but he grabbed my wrist.

Before he could even let out another word my fist went to his face. The rage that was inside me poured out.

"Eunyoo's right. You are a douchebag." I stated and went back to my position.

Eunhyuk was clutching his jaw and sighed.

"You know, for someone who's a med student that studies everything to be able to help save lives, you're here saying that the lives of innocent children isn't a priority." I said then look away.

I didn't dare look at him because I can still feel myself get furious everytime I think about what he told Hyunsu.

I didn't even feel sorry when I punched him.

He stood up just in time for Hyunsu to arrive, Byeongil behind him.

My eyes met Eunhyuk suddenly and I rolled my eyes at him.

I expected Eunhyuk to say something to Hyunsu but he didn't and just walked passed him.

Hyunsu reached me while Byeongil opened the arcade with the key he's holding.

"You talked?" Hyunsu asked innocently, looking at me with his doe like eyes.

"More like fought." I sighed then went inside the arcade that Byeongil just opened.

"Uh Nara?" Byeongil called my name in a timid manner.

I looked at him questioningly.

"Your weapon, please." he pointed at my nunchucks that was hanging on my neck like always.

"Oh, right." I gave it to him but he called my name again.

"I just want you to know and I don't want to be the bringer of bad news..." he trailed off.

Bad news?

"Remember that newly released soldier that you hang out from time to time?" Byeongil asked me.

"Of course. Suung is a great listener whenever I talk to him. And I haven't seen him anywhere here." I remember him.

Whenever I get home from school, I'd stay here on the first floor for a few minutes to rest and eat something from the supermarket and he would accompany me and I eventually told him what I was going through.

"Was." Byeongil sighed.

I looked up at him, confusion evident on my face.

"What?" I asked.

"He died, Nara." Byeongil looked at me with a sad expression. "He was trying to save Mrs. Cha's daughter but him and her daughter got caught by those monsters."

"Mrs. Cha's daughter? Minju?" My eyes were wide with sadness.

Minju's a high school student who's always been so bright and would greet me with a big smile whenever we pass by each other.

Byeongil nodded.

"Thanks for letting me know, Byeongil. You can close the door now." I said then walked inside.

"You okay?" Hyunsu grabbed my shoulders and peered at me.

I was about to nod but Hyunsu cut me off, "Be honest."

When I was young, I never liked to cry in front of people. I don't even like crying because I wanted to look strong but ever since my parents died, I just couldn't stop crying.

The tears dropped one by one from both my eyes.

"No." I whispered quietly and Hyunsu nodded.

He guided me towards the mattress and sat beside me.

My hands found my face.

I tried hiding the fact the I'm crying but the sob that overcame my body didn't allow me.

All I could feel is sadness, longing, regret, and guilt.

I feel sad because they don't deserve to die by the hands of a monster. They don't even deserve to die.

I feet longingly for them because I should've smiled at them more. I should've made them laugh or smile at least.

I feel regret because they made me feel like a person and I couldn't pay them back.

And guilt. I feel guilty because I'll eventually turn into something that killed them with nothing but thirst for blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 453 30
in which dasom meets a boy by fate (a monster apocalypse actually) cha hyunsoo x oc [lowercase intended] ranks: 49 - webcomic 1- sweet home
204K 7.1K 33
๐’๐–๐„๐„๐“ ๐‡๐Ž๐Œ๐„ ๐…๐… ||แด›สœแด‡ สŸแด€sแด› แด›สœษชษดษข แด›สœแด€แด› แดแด€แด‡ sแดแดแดŠษชษด แด‡xแด˜แด‡แด„แด›แด‡แด… ษชษด สœแด‡ส€ ส™แดส€ษชษดษข สŸษชา“แด‡ ษชs แด›แด ษขแด‡แด› สŸแดแด„แด‹แด‡แด… ษชษด สœแด‡ส€ แด€แด˜แด€ส€แด›แดแด‡ษดแด› ส™แดœษชสŸแด…ษชษดษข แดกษชแด›สœ ส™สŸแดแดแด…แด›สœษชส€sแด›ส แดแด...
66.5K 1.9K 14
๐ƒ๐„๐’๐ˆ๐‘๐„ ____________________________________________________ โ๐‘ฆ/๐‘› ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘ฆ๐‘ข๐‘›-๐‘ ๐‘ข ๐‘”๐‘œ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘”โ„Ž ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘๐‘˜ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘”๏ฟฝ...
15.4K 600 17
Imagine your everyday life is usually pretty boring. Always just scrolling social media and thinking about what it would be like to be rich and famou...