Chapter 40

"There are boxes of food and water inside the stockroom. We have to get all of it out so we can divide it equally and properly." Eunyuk pointed at a room where multiple boxes are inside.

I'm currently standing inside the supermarket. Jisu, Hyunsu, and Jaeheon are also here.

My eyes kept flickering on Jisu's figure. She seems lethargic and her complexion has become even paler. She also has beads of sweat dripping down her forehead.

I wanted to ask her if she's feeling okay but I couldn't because Eunhyuk put us to work immediately.

Eunhyuk went inside and Jisu and Hyunsu followed him.

I was left with Jaeheon's presence.

He looks fine except the fact that his arm is put on a makeshift sling to support his injury.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked him tentatively.

Jaeheon gave me a warm smile and nodded, "It will take more than this to bring me down." he gestured to his arm.

"It definitely won't be God's will if you let monsters bury you six feet under." I chuckled.

He laughed and rubbed the top of my head.

I pulled my head away from his touch.

"Not the hair." I complained jokingly.

Jaeheon continued laughing making me laugh as well.

"Are you done with your jokes? We need help here." Eunhyuk said from the door, his eyes staring straight at Jaeheon.

"Yeah yeah, we're coming. Don't stress it." I sighed.

I walked towards the stockroom but I heard Jaeheon call my name so I turned around to face him.

"You're a good person, you know that right?" he tilted his head on the side. The smile on his face oozed pure genuineness.

That expression really made me want to burst out in tears but I didn't.

"I may have heard a few times." I told him with a small snicker.

Once I got inside, Jaeheon behind me, they've already started sorting out the food and water left.

"Can you start on bringing those boxes out of this room, it's getting a bit cramped." Jisu requested while being helped by Hyunsu.

I nodded and took one of the boxes to bring outside. Jaeheon also did the same except he tried picking up two boxes at once.

I took one from him before he could even complain and put it outside.

"I can handle that." Jaeheon stated.

"With both hands? Sure you can, but with one? No, you can't" I replied, taking a few more boxes out.

We managed to get the most of it out when I saw someone look at us through the glass door.

When he saw me catch him staring, he went inside frantically.

It was the person who we saw guarding the door leading to the stairs when Hyunsu and I went to get Mr. Han and the kids.

"Stop whatever you're doing." he panted, his eyes looking at the boxes.

Hyunsu was next to Jisu while I'm beside her and Jaeheon on my right.

I didn't say anything and so did the others because it's quite obvious that we literally have no idea why he's here and what he's talking about.