Deputy Hutton

By gypsyboy3426

Being the son of the sheriff puts a huge target on Liam's back. Innocent, shy, Liam Rawley is a victim of har... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
Epilogue:Part 1
Epilogue:Part 2

23

18.1K 631 63
By gypsyboy3426

Brady Hutton

It was the second day of the dumb "After Foster Care Program" and being reminded of what I had been threw was way worse than to just bury it away. I'm not gonna lie, foster care isn't like what they show you in movies. It wasn't all that terrible and no, people weren't abusive. At least not in this town. I was sent into a few houses before they finally put me in a group home and that was where I met Ryan. We had each other backs and I didn't even plan to run away until he suggested it.

Anyways, the program was just a way to check up on us and see if we need any help or anything. We were in group therapy at the moment.

"So, is there a Brady Hutton here?"Carl, the therapist asked.

"That's me, "I said.

"Okay, Brady, it says here that you're a deputy at the sheriff's office and you have a nice house to stay at."He looked at his clipboard.

Technically, the house was my parents but I never really got to use it until I turned 18. Same goes with my trust funds. So, I was surprised to find out how rich I was after I left the system.

"So, I can go now?"I asked seriously. The first day was lame but the second was just depressing.

"Not quite yet."He leaned forward on his seat, "We want to know more about your mental health and how are you feeling after leaving the system."

"I'm great," I said casually.

"Care to elaborate on that?"He asked.

"Do I have to?"I cringe.

"Yes, I need to write a report and it will help if you open up just a bit more."He explained.

"Fine."I sighed, "Let me think...umm...I found a great person."I started, "And he's a guy."

"That's really nice."He smiled, "And anything else?"

"Umm...I stopped trying to find who killed my parents."I confessed, "I've been trying to do it for years and it was just getting too exhausting. Giving up hurt more than anything in the world and I almost thought I had nothing to accomplish anymore but then I met him. The only person in the world that doesn't treat me like crap."

"It doesn't sound like you're giving up."He remarked, "Sounds like you're moving on and that is a good thing."

"Am I late?"

The whole room turned to Ryan Finely who was smirking.

"I'm sorry, can I help you?"Carl asked.

"You're not supposed to be here."I stood up and was ready if he tried to do anything.

"Oh come on, I was in the system too."Ryan rolled his eyes, "Check for my name, Ryan Finely."

Carl checked the clipboard, "I'm sorry but you're not registered here."

"That's because he ran away, "I said bitterly.

"I'm sorry Mr. Finley but we can't have you in this program if you're not in the listing," Carl said politely.

"In other words, go fuck yourself, "I said to Ryan.

"Well, I'm not leaving, "Ryan said and took a sit on an empty seat.

"Young man, you can't be here," Carl said seriously.

"Or what? You call security?"Ryan let out a humorous laugh, "Like our government will fund for this program."

How did he suddenly know about what the government did or didn't do?

"I got this."I said to Carl and went up to Ryan, "Either you walk out of here or I'll carry you out myself."

"Oh, Brady, still charming as ever."He let out a humorous laugh, "Fine, I'll go but not because I'm scared of you."

"Asshole, "I muttered.

"Also, since you're not with Liam, I might and go pay him a visit later."He threatened casually.

Liam Rawley

"And with that, we don't have the budget or time to make a revote."The principal announced, making everyone boo.

"Don't worry."Laurel said seriously, "We can still use Plan B."

"What's Plan B?"I raised my eyebrows.

"We go to the school board and expose Cindy for getting her father to pay off the school," Tess explained.

"Can't do that without proof, can't we?"Dan pointed out sarcastically.

"Oh my god, can't you for once just go with it?"Tess groaned.

"Or, just hear me out."Roy started, "We go to the white house and ask the first lady to do something about it."

"That's enough of The West Wing for you," Dan said.

Honestly, I thought that it was useless to continue because nothing that we have done work. First, we lost the election, and then we were refused a recount even though a bunch of students signed petitions that said they didn't want Cindy as president.

"Are you okay going to the school board?"Tess asked me, "Cause if you're not then we don't have to."

"No, it's cool."I agreed.

"Good, now let's go."Tess stood up.

"Right now?"I raised my eyebrows,

"But I'm supposed to wait for Brady to come and pick me up in 10 more minutes, "I explained.

"Tell him to meet us there," Tess suggested and I followed all of them from behind.

&&&&&&

"You were supposed to wait for me."Brady snapped on the phone, "Can't you guys waited for at least 10 more minutes?"

"I'm sorry."I lowered my voice, "Everyone was already going and I didn't want to slow them down."

"Damn it, Liam," He said frustratedly, "I already pissed off Ryan enough today. What if he decides to take it out on you?"

"You know what?"I said angrily, "If you're just gonna be mean to me, might as well don't come at all."I hung up the phone.

"Trouble in paradise?"Dan asked.

"It's nothing."I shrugged, "Where is Tess?"

"She's waiting for the final open mic slot because that's when we can say something unrelated with the topics unrelated to the agenda," Dan explained.

My phone rang again and I checked the caller's Id only to see that it was Brady but I ignored him.

Then, I heard a text notification.

Brady: I'm sorry, okay.On my way.

Maybe I was being unfair to Brady but I was just having a bad day and to top it all of, my boyfriend decided to call and tell me what a moron I was.

I ignored his text and took a seat with everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 64.1K 47
[ boy x boy ] Ethan Ryder wasn't planning on moving to a new town just before starting his final year at high school. He wasn't planning on leaving...
800 85 13
Ian and Julian, BFFs for the longest, end up in a mess after a tipsy make-out session sort- of wild night, which turns their world upside down. Majo...
354K 12.8K 26
|| Description edited. || "I'm just an ordinary guy. There is nothing special about me." Ashton constantly told himself. Ashton was the only gay kid...
432K 15.1K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...