the killing { b.s }

Da imaginat1on

Altro

one
two
four
five
six
seven

three

33 2 1
Da imaginat1on

elle

I wake up with the worst headache and the sun shining on my face. Grunting, I roll over, snuggling back into my duvet and attempt to fall back asleep again...only to be waken up again, 5 minutes later; of course. I slapped whatever was vibrating on my face to make it stop, but it didn't. I sat up to see my phone where my face was, the screen illuminated by a call from Ellie. Wouldn't she just leave me alone?

I snatched my phone, ripping the back off the blackberry. I know, shitty phone, it was a hand down okay? I pulled out the sim card and battery, putting the sim card on the bedside table and bringing the battery to the window with me.

I looked outside of a decent view of Birmingham. From where the house was, I could see alot. Council flats lay further down the hill and across the street, the road littered with rubbish and old childrens toys and in the distance, the city centre. I had to applaud Jenni and James for choosing a good estate to live on.

I pushed the window open, popping my head out to see if there was anyone that could see me. Seeing no one, I chucked my battery as far as I could across the road and started to pull the window shut behind me. I suddenly stopped when a loud sound erupted from the other side of the street.

'OW' Someone yelped.

Shit.

'Oh god, sorry, did I hit you?' I couldn't help but laugh. What a shot.

'Um, yeah, you dickhead. Why were you throwing a battery out a window anyway?'

'None of your business is it?' I said to the boy staring up at the window, while he attempted to keep his brown curls from falling over his eyes, thanks to the wind.

'Jesus, sorry. Next time I'm walking down the street, I will watch out for flying batteries.'

'Okay, you do that, asshole.' I said, shutting the window fully this time.

People got on my nerves quickly, if you hadn't already noticed. I suppose that's why people don't really make an effort to be friends with me most of the time. Unless I like you, or you're family or whatever, I don't really bother showing my nice side. I suppose I should change that.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knocking at the bedroom door.

'Is everything okay in there?' James spoke from the other side of the door.

'Um, yeah, just singing along to my song'

'That's quite a shouty song you're listening to. Anyway, breakfast is in 5 minutes. We're going to the town after breakfast so be ready for then yeah?'

'Okay, whatever' I replied, earning a laugh from James. I think it might take a while for James to get used to my morning attitudes, I wasn't a morning person.

I zipped open my suitcase to reveal all my clothes and toiletries I own. It was pretty cool how I managed to pack it all, to be honest. I chose a black halter-turtle neck top, a grey skirt, black tights  and my white converse. My attempt to look smart in this cold weather.

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and did my usual minimal makeup in the mirror above the bed. After I felt I looked presentable, I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs.

'And the teenager awakes' Jenni said giggling as she flipped some fried eggs from the pan onto the plates. I thought I smelt something good.

'Morning to you too' I laughed, punching Jenni on the arm as I took a seat at the breakfast bar of their modern kitchen.

'I'm guessing you're not a morning person' James laughed.

'You guessed correctly' I smiled as I took my first bite of egg. I hadn't properly eaten breakfast in a while and this felt good, I had to admit.

'Well Elle, today you're going to be extra nice if you're going to impress the estate agents' Jenni said as she tucked into her food as well.

'What do you mean? I'm lovely' I sarcastically said, as I earned funny looks from the two lovebirds.

'What sort of house are you looking for?' James asked.

'Anything really. Well, not a house. I don't think I could manage being alone like that in such a big space. Maybe an apartment or something?'

'That will be next to other people though, you're not exactly the social type are you?'

'Another correct guess James, you're doing well. No, I'm not, but i'll live to deal with it I suppose' I said, stuffing the last mouthful of food in my mouth.

'Ready?' I continued.

'Yes, miss bossy' Jenni laughed.

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the front door. I didn't mind what my new home was like, just as long as it means I don't have to live with Jenni and James for much longer. Don't get me wrong, they're nice people but, they could get on your nerves easily, let's just say that.

---

'This one looks nice?' Jenni said as she pointed out the thousandth apartment of today.

'I still liked the second one' I stubbornly said, even though it was in the 'rough' area, it looked decent. Oh, and I could move in later in the day.

'Well if you're sure' James smiled, entwining his arm around Jenni's waist trying to comfort her but only earning a glare.

'I'm just worried you're not going to be okay' Jenni said to me.

'I'll be fine, I'm 19, I can look after myself. Besides, it doesn't look that rough' I snort, flicking through the pages but still catching James and Jenni exchanging looks.

'If you like it, get it' James finally said.

'Oh, I do. Thank you' I said, walking towards the checkout with my purse in my hand.

I paid the whole house on my card, to the surprise of the agent. Little did he know that was pretty much my childhood savings, but, I couldn't live on the streets, it was my only choice.

'I've got to get to work, they need me to run an extra shift as my colleague is sick. James said he can help you unpack, will you be okay?' Jenni said, running up to me as the agent handed me my keys.

'Yeah, I'm fine. I only have a suitcase, I'll be able to manage. Have fun' I smirked as she pulled me into one of her signature hugs.

She smiled as she walked away, whispering something into James' ear which surprised him. I'd hate to think what that was. James held the door open for me as we walked towards his car in silence. James was a decent guy, he seemed to treat Jenni well, and he was kind. I could just imagine him getting irritating sometimes because he's so...good.

'I'll bring your suitcase round later then?' James asked as we pulled up to my new apartment block.

'Yeah. You're very helpful, thank you.' I smiled as I undid my seatbelt.

'I'm sorry. Does Elle actually have emotion? Did she just thank me? Did she just smile at me? What is this world coming to?' He threw his hands in the air sarcastically.

'Watch it idiot.' I smirked as I shut the car door.

The car door quickly swung back open again.

'Elle' James shouted out.

'Here, take this. It's one of Jenni's old phones, she doesn't need it, obviously, and you need a phone for the amazing social life you'll bring up here. Take it.'

'I can't do that James'

'Why not?'

'You've been too nice to me already'

'Being nice is good Elle, you should at least learn from that' James said, winking and quickly pulling away.

Sighing, I looked up at the block. All the apartments had balconies, either looking over the run down and pretty creepy childrens park, or the power station the other side. Not exactly the best view. Brown bricks covered the whole of the outside, some crumbling towards the top. Not that I cared, to me, as long as it wasn't full of druggies.

Well that changed quickly.

'Jesus christ, not you again' I grunted as the curly-haired boy walked up to me, a cigarette hanging from his lip.

'Am I okay standing here or am I going to have to move because you're going to throw another battery at me again?

'Stay out my way and I think you'll be okay asshole'

'Bit feisty' He winked, spitting his cigarette onto the grass. How classy.

'Sure thing. If that's what you'll call it' I said, attempting to get away from his now firm grasp on my wrist.

'Well you'll be seeing me around more often, I live here' He said, smirking. Just my luck.

'How wonderful. Now move' I said, kicking my knee up, crippling him to the ground.

'My names Brad by the way' He shouted after me.

'Thanks for that information. It's really beneficial to my life.' I said as I slammed the door, leaving the cold air outside, along with that idiot.

----

'You must be Elle?' A voice said behind me as I attempted to unlock my door. Couldn't I get some peace around here.

'Yeah?' I said, wiping my forehead from the sweat which had formed. Yeah, I was sweating and it was January.

'I'm Connor, I live across the hall'

'Oh, hi' I said, balancing my suitcase against the wall. I tried to make an effort with this person, he didn't seem like Brad or whatever his name was, not that I cared.

'If you need anything, be sure to knock yeah?' Connor smiled back.

'Thanks, but I think I'm cool.'

'If you're free tonight, you're welcome to come and have dinner at mine?'

'Thanks, but i'm not looking to have-'

'Woah, no, I'm not being that upfront. Come and have dinner with me and my girlfriend, I'm sure she'll be happy to have you?'

'That's very kind of you, but I think I'll manage'

'Okay, whatever. Catch you later?' Connor said, walking in the direction of the lift.

'Um, yeah, bye' I stuttered, sometimes I hated having no social skills.

Eventually, I opened my door. Only to be hit with the strong smell of dampness and smoke. What a welcome. I strolled around the apartment which had limited furniture. There was a tv, sofa, chair and a table in the lounge which then joined onto a surprisingly modern kitchen which had the usual. The bedroom had a double bed, facing the double doors which led out onto the balcony. To my surprise, I had the view facing the park, which wasn't really that bad, considering the condition of the building. Last was the bathroom, which had a shower, toilet and sink. But no bath, that I already regretted. Overall, I realised I could probaly deal with this. It was fairly modern and nice despite the smell.

I was interrupted again with my phone vibrating on the lounge table. Text from Jenni.

'Hey Elle. I get off work in 1 hour, fancy going out for late lunch with James and I. We'll pay?x'

'Thank you but you've done enough already!x'

'Well what else are you going to do?x'

'I've made friends...Well one boy called Brad and another called Connor...x'

'Brad who?'

'I don't know? I was only joking, he's a bit of a creep actually... They're not my friends actually, they just introduced themselves to me...'

'I think it's best if you see James and I tonight for dinner. James will pick you up in 5 minutes. Be ready.'

Talk about split-personalities, woah. I brushed it off and turned the new Fall Out Boy playlist up, waiting, yet again, to be with Jenni and James. How great.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

355K 15.1K 113
Elle cherchait un endroit en marge de cette soirée où elle ne voulait pas venir. Lui voulait juste souffler et se ressourcer au calme. Ils se retrouv...
68.9K 2.2K 22
مقتطف من القصة .. ✍🏻 تعمد السير باتجاهها...سحبها من يدها و همس في أذنها آزر :ان اخترقت مجال نظري مرة أخرى ستصبحين خاصتي يا صغيرة نظرت إليه بخوف و...
383K 20.4K 192
J'ai eu besoin d'un 3eme tome,j'assume pas.
192K 5.8K 51
Un jour tu me donneras ton oui et tu prendras mon nom.