Mahogany Doll

NJNJ14 által

(COMPLETED) "What... do I make you nervous your honour?" He asks into my ear, his tone enough to make my stom... Több

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Mahogany Doll Characters?
Chapter 7
Art accounts.
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
More life to me🥳
Q and A
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
New social media
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Business Baby!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Cover votes!
New Book Alert!
Chapter 26
Epilogue
IF!
We're Live!
Newest Book: OUT NOW

Prologue.

12.3K 545 356
NJNJ14 által

Writer's POV

"Mom, could you tell dad to please stop crying?! It's our graduation party not funerals!" Aaliyah whines.

^^ Aaliyah Otiento-Miller (21).

Aaliyah and her adopted older brother Donovan have just graduated from university and they are in the the thick of a graduation party being held my all of their parents with their siblings.

Violet and Orion Miller.
They have Aaliyah, Donovan and Tobias.

Trinity and Josiah Chu.
They have Aaliyah, Zion and Amelia (the twins.)

Both Violet and Trinity turn at the sound of Aaliyah calling for 'mom'.

The situation is resolved quickly though, when they notice Aaliyah staring at her biological father, Orion, who is emotional about his first daughter and his oldest son graduating.

"Baby, pull yourself together. You're embarrassing our kid" Violet giggles.

Orion sniffs.

"I'm not crying, I have severe allergies" Orion lies.

"Dad, you've been crying since the ceremony." Donovan teases.

^^ Donovan Miller. (21 *3 months older*)

"Is your daughter a valedictorian?!" He asks making eye contact with his first son.

"Dad, do I have a daughter?" He asks Orion, with a smug grin.

"Exactly. So, hold your lips" Orion argues, making Donovan burst out laughing at the phrase he had so often heard their grandmother say to Orion a million times.

Orion chuckles with his son, hugging him for the fifth time that day.

"I'm so proud of both of you" he says, pulling Aaliyah into the hug, making people around them coo and aw.

"My son is going to get into architectural engineering and my daughter is gonna be a whole lawyer. God has blessed me" he says.

They look at Violet, who is standing with the youngest but tallest Miller.

Only a teenager Tobias Miller ditched all of their heights and took Violet's father's looming height of 6'4.

^^ Tobias Miller (14)

He stands behind his mother as quiet as a mouse, clinging to her like he always has.

Violet doesn't mind though.

"Congratulations you guys" he says softly.

They both thank their little brother.

He looks just like their mother but his build is that of Orion's and so is his skin tone.

He gets most of his feminine qualities from his father too.

Donovan signals his sister with his eyes.

A sibling code of sorts that has almost always worked for them.

Aaliyah glares back.

Donovan grins and mouths 'It's your turn'.

They had originally planned to celebrate their graduation with some friends.

The graduation party was a surprise from their parents.

Violet sighs catching them.

"Go get ready. I'll convince your father" she says as if reading their minds.

The non-biological siblings glance at each other in disbelief!

Their mother was too quick for them.

Always had been, always would be.

The wasted no more time getting all dressed up and ready to go.

They go down the stairs and after being lectured by both of their fathers for 5 minutes, they manage to get out.

The siblings touch fists and go to Donovan's car.

They get in and after a couple of moments Donovan speaks.

"So are you gonna tell me what exactly you and the girls plan to do?" He asks, giving her some side eye.

"Listen if you wanted to ask about your girlfriendddd you just had to say it" Aaliyah sings.

His skin reddens a little, having been caught out.

The truth was that Donovan had a massive crush on his sister's friend for a while.

They'd messed around a lot but they were both too stubborn to say the obvious.

"What about you?" Donovan asks changing the subject.

Aaliyah shrugs.

"I really don't have anyone in mind like that" she says honestly.

Donovan flicks his sister a worried look.

"Aali. Are you asexual or something?" He blurts out, making Aaliyah looks at him like he's lost the plot.

"Not that there is anything wrong with it... I'd still love you, but- -"

"Donovan, I know what I like!" Aaliyah snaps.

He chuckles.

"Yeah?" He asks with a note of un-sureness.

Aaliyah rolls her eyes.

"I have a standard. And nobody at this age fits it. And I'm not tryna end up dealing with some impermanent nigga that will give me a headache" she states simply.

Donovan sighs.

"I never thought I would be the one to say this to you, but you need to get fucking laid. The lack of dick is giving you withdrawal symptoms." He says.

Aaliyah pinches his shoulder hard and he winces.

"Nigga I'll make you crash this car and dead both of us. You can't miss something you don't have." Aaliyah states seriously.

She was still a virgin unlike her brother.

And she intended to keep it that way until she was ready.

"You really are the bi-product of our parents" he mutters.

"Damn right" she says folding her arms.

"But please Aali..." Donovan says.

"Mhm?" She asks.

"Learn to have fun... I'm begging you" he pleads.

She rolls her eyes at his puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever" she relents.

She sighs and looks out of the window.

Was she boring?

Not a chance.

She just couldn't be peer pressured.

That is all.

Right?

——————————————
Ok first that's the prologue! What did you all think?

Tell me in the comments and don't forget to vote!

~ NJNJ14.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

204K 7.4K 23
We were dancing and laughing when I felt arms wrap around my waist and the voice whisper in my ear "I have to have you." Then he kissed my neck I tur...
25.3K 973 57
"Or what? You gon snitch on me?" I look him up and down "Yeah." "Is there a way I could 'talk' you out of it?" I say teasingly as I hook my fingers a...
58.2K 1.9K 47
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
168K 6.4K 51
When the best day of your life turns into your worst nightmare, you stand in decent company. Deklyn Jackson begins his journey to adulthood saying di...