The Potion Incident

By annanna555

Y/n and Draco Malfoy are sworn enemies that always fight and push each other around. But one night you are fo... More

The Potion Incident pt.1
The Potion Incident pt.2
Girl's Bathroom
Snape's Potion Test
The Astronomy Tower pt.1
The Astronomy Tower pt.2
Dear Our Sweet Y/N,
The Potion Incident pt.3 (Uncovered)
Green and Silver
The Hufflepuff Prince
Hickey's & Hot Chocolate
New Roommate
Say Please for Me
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon
Saturday Evening
Sweater Weather
Pancakes & Pumpkin Juice
Chamomile Princess
Draco's Journal
The Potion Incident pt.4 (Continued)
Gryffindor Safehouse
The Battle of the Astronomy Tower
Black Coffee & Bruises
Bloody Gryffindors
His Princess
Enemy to Enemies
Forbidden Forest
The Truth
The Secret Courtyard
Conclusion of The Potion Incident

The Potion Incident pt.5 (Final)

22.7K 496 2.7K
By annanna555

Unfortunately good things always come to an end at some point.

You woke up to the sound of Draco's door closing in the room next to you. You jumped up grabbing the pillow next to you hoping Draco was laying beside you. But of course he wasn't.

"Can I just get one morning with him." You groaned to yourself as you yawned yourself up and stretched.

You quickly reassured yourself that you and Draco's make up wasn't a dream. It was real, Draco understood you believed everything you said. You thought he didn't trust you anymore after failing to attempt reading in his locked journal. A sigh of relief squeaked out of your breath as you laid back down.

You seemed more tired than usual. You made your way to your bathroom and leaned your hands on the sink. Your mouth was the driest it was ever been. After gulping down a few cups of water you looked to your right to see Draco's green sweater that he was wearing last night neatly folded with a note next to it.

You noticed the ink wasn't fully dried so he must've just left it before you woke up.

You picked up the note:

Y/n,

Meet me in the Library at 9, I'll bring you breakfast.

-Draco

You crumpled up the note and stuffed it in your pocket. Seems odd, Draco has never done something like this before.

You put on the warm green crew neck and smelled the inside of the sweater. It smelled like faded rich cologne. Smelled exactly like Draco.

You smiled and quickly put on a grey skirt and your robes. Not exactly the Slytherin uniform, but close enough for a weekday. You put your hair in a low bun with two strands beside your face.

After cleaning yourself up you grabbed your wand and books to make your way into the Slytherin commons.
You scanned the commons to search for Alissa. She didn't seem to be there. The commons are packed in the morning, the busy chattering and laugher filling the dark and cold room.

You quickly made your way in the hallways walking alone. You didn't mind being alone in the hallways, it seemed peaceful for you. You were in a cheerful mood today, besides not waking up besides Draco the day seemed bright and full of opportunities for you. Which was rare to say for you.

You made your way over to the Library and scanned a blonde figure.

There was a couple people you noticed such as Hermione in one of the tables with Ron who seemed stressed out. Hermione was probably helping Ron with a test coming up in his class.

Draco was no where to be seen.

You sighed and grabbed the nearest seat you could to wait. Draco should already be here, he gave you a note and everything to say to met him there.

You opened your textbook and began to boredly read about Potions. Maybe he lost track of time or something you thought to yourself.

As you were scanning the words on your textbook you heads a chair slide across you on the other side of the table.

Must be Draco.

You shyly smiled and put up your head to reveal that it was nothing at all like Draco. You dropped your smile immediately.

It was Pansy.

She looked very disfigured, like she hasn't slept all night. But that didn't mean she had a nice face on. She still had that death stare she was giving you last night, like it was stuck on her.

You quickly jumped out of your seat and slammed your textbook shut a little to loudly. Whispers around the Library softened as you could feel everyone's eyes on you. You opened your mouth about to say something but a soft hand grabbed your shoulder.

You turned to see Brooke looking at you. She nodded at you to sit down.

"Brooke what the fuck is this?" You angrily whispered. You didn't want to talk to Brooke and especially Pansy at the moment.

"Sit, I got you breakfast." Brooke said calmly as she set a blueberry muffin on a napkin with a small cup of black coffee.

You cautiously sat back down as Brooke nodded and sat across from you, next to Pansy.

Draco didn't write that note to you, how could you be so stupid. Draco doesn't even go to the Library why would you even think he would want to meet you there.

The whole thing was just a trap to get you with Brooke and Pansy in one room.

"You know you could've just asked me to have breakfast with you instead of tricking me Brooke." You scoffed eyeing her down, not even acknowledging Pansy close to her.

"You would've said no." Brooke shrugged as Pansy smirked.
"I want to talk about last night, what you think you saw- it's not what it seemed." Brooke put her hands on the tables trying to keep me calm.

"Once Pansy leaves I'd love to listen." You glanced at Pansy and gave her a sarcastic smile.

Brooke sighed and looked at Pansy nodding at her to leave.

Pansy looked back at you and gave a sarcastic smile back.

"You'll hate her more than me once she starts talking." Pansy whispered as she stood up and quickly left your table.

What the hell is she talking about? What was Brooke planning to explain to you.

"Nevermind her she can get rude sometimes, please I need you to listen." Brooke said scooting closer to the table while you picked your blueberry muffin leaving crumbs all over the table.

"Look Brooke I'm not mad about you and Pansy. If she makes you happy then I'm more than glad that you found someone like that, I'm going to be a dick just because I have a bad thing with Pansy." You explained as you grabbed a big crumb and shoved it in your mouth.

Brooke looked at you with confusion.

"I don't like- I mean-I never have-

You gave Brooke a "I think you do" glare.

"No! Y/n that's not the point!" Brooke loudly whispered angrily.

"Seems like the point here Brooke, why else would you be here with her." You shrugged as you took a sip of your coffee.

"Because I need to tell you things you don't know y/n, I messed up and it's all my fault." Brooke said louder as you choked on your steaming hot coffee.

"...what?" You said not whispering anymore.

Brooke took a deep breath and looked around the Library.

"Can we go outside or something." Brooke said impatiently bouncing her knee up and down.

"Sure..?" You slanted your eyebrows as Brooke quickly got up and grabbed your hand.

"Hey wait! My muffin!" You said sadly as Brooke was dragging you out of the Library.

"Fuck the muffin" Brooke said rolling her eyes.

You walked with her out of the freezing cold courtyard as Brooke let go of your hand.

You crossed your arms and gave her a annoyed look.

"It's freezing out here Brooke why couldn't we stay there." You pouted as you shivered in your baggy robes.

"I don't like Pansy." Brooke said immediately like she was forcing herself to speak.

"Good, I don't like her either." You said with a smirk trying to get Brooke to calm her nerves.
"Can we go back in now?" You said impatiently.

Brooke grabbed your hand so you wouldn't walk away.

"Why aren't you taking me seriously!" Brooke said barely shouting. She was angry now.

"Because what your trying to explain to me makes no sense!" You said raising your voice at her.
"How did you mess up? Because if your saying you messed up with Pansy I don't really care, you don't have to apologize, I mess up all the time it just happens."

Brooke let go of your hand and brushed her hair with her fingertips. She shook her head.
"Pansy doesn't deserve to be expelled." Brooke said looking out to the dead trees by the courthouse.

"This again?! Well why do you think that." You shrugged angrily.

"She didn't make that potion Y/n" Brooke said looking back at you.

"I brewed it." Brooke said quietly with her head down.

You froze up. This- that- it couldn't be- what!!?

"You...what?" You replied with your eyes closed.

Your heart started racing. None of this made sense. Was Brooke just tricking me into thinking Pansy had nothing to do with it? Was this actually happening?

"Brooke what the hell do you mean?" You said turning away from Brooke to exhale your unsteady breath.

"I- I- it was way out of hand." Brooke said sadly walking up to me.

"Can you at least explain what you were trying to do?" You said trying to calm yourself from not shouting at her.

She made Draco like that. Brooke made him hate you. Your best friend betrayed you. How much to could you ever trust her now.

"Pansy and I met the night you switched over to Slytherin." Brooke explained.
"We got along pretty well. Later she explained that she wanted Draco and I explained that I wanted someone too."

You turned around to Brooke as she explained herself.

"I told her I could make that happen if she got me the right ingredients for the potions. She promised me that everything would turn out fine." Brooke sighed.

"It didn't, and I should've have known from the start not to mess with potions." Brooke said sadly.

"Your smart Brooke, why didn't you think about this!!" You shouted angrily at Brooke as Brooke stood still.

"I was jealous okay!!!" Brooke shouted back with tears in her eyes.

"OF WHO!!? Of ME!!?" You shouted back at Brooke. You felt nothing but disappointment in here. Brooke's a true Ravenclaw. She's smart enough to know not to mess with potions just so she can get whoever she wants.

"You and Draco are NOT right together, ok y/n! It just doesn't work out! At first I thought it was a silly little one time thing but I was wrong. I was looking out for you- you could get into serious trouble if Draco's family found out or even yours-

"Get to the point Brooke I get you don't want me and Draco together. You could just say you liked Draco yourself Brooke I don't understand why you had to go this distance."

"No-what!? are you bloody BLIND Y/N!!" Brooke cried out.

"I never wanted that dickhole!!" Brooke shouted at you as you looked at her with greater disappointment.

"You NEVER noticed!! YOU NEVER GAVE ONE THOUGHT ABOUT ME!!" Brooke stepped closer to you with tears flooded into her eyes.

"IT WAS YOU WITH HIM." Brooke shouted as tears ran down her cheeks.

You opened your mouth in confusion why Brooke was so upset.

"...what?" You asked as she backed away from you.

"I wanted you with me, y/n, but you never saw it." Brooke said as she looked down to clear her tears from her eyes.

"There. I said it. Not you with Draco, I hated how you always talked about him, thinking nothing else but him while he didn't give one damn about you! I wanted you to look at me the way you looked at Draco." Brooke gasped out as she backed away from you now.

She seemed stunned at herself for speaking her mind. She took a deep breath and unsteadily breathed out.

Your body froze up. Again. You had absolutely no words. Your mind was completely blank.
It slowly started to make sense. The countless times Brooke always pulled you away from a chance with guys, how mean Brooke was to you whenever you talked about Draco. How attached Brooke was to you, you knew she loved you but you never once considered it like that.

You sat down and leaned your body to the ice cold Hogwarts building. You rested your head on your knees to think.

Brooke sniffed up her tears and sat a distance from you beside the old mossy stone.

"The plan was I would make a love potion for Draco so he would fall in love with Pansy. The hate potion was for you...with Draco." Brooke sniffed again ashamed now to tell the rest of her story.

You leaned your head up to the wall and looked at the foggy air that was covering the distance. Why would Brooke do such a thing.

"I soon realized that this was going to be a huge mistake. I realized Draco wasn't who I thought he was. He came to me, broken about you and Cedric before your date with him. He came to me for advice to get you away from Cedric. He seemed like he genuinely cared for you.
And after seeing how happy you were with Cedric on your little date and the fact you covered Draco's hickeys, I figured that Pansy would get her way and I would too." Brooke said with her head to her feet.
"But it was to late, I already brewed the potions and handed them to Pansy. Blaise was there to help Pansy plant out the poison to you and Draco."

You never thought that Draco would come to Brooke for advice. He never told you that he talked to Brooke. He hid that from you exactly like what Brooke was doing.

You looked over to her. "But you thought I was with Cedric ? How would've that stopped you." You asked with your eyebrows slanted.

"I wasn't worried because Cedric is a waste of time. He's a natural player, I can't believe you didn't notice the red flags with him and his history with other girls it would've naturally crashed and burned." Brooke said tapping her hand on her knee.

All the lines started to become straighter. That's why Brooke liked you with Cedric. She knew it wouldn't last and it was a better chance with him rather then Draco. It was all plan to get me with Cedric. Rather then take her chances with a potion.
Brooke was right about Cedric. It did crash and burn.

"So w-what happened." You said in sad defeat.

"I told Pansy to stop the plan. But she said no and hid the potions from me." Brooke said sadly. She looked up to you.

"So I told Draco the truth. I didn't want to tell you because I couldn't bare to imagine you never talking to me again, so I asked Draco to watch out for you." Brooke said leaning closer to me.
"I told him I didn't know who Pansy was planning on planting it or when or even if she changed the wiring for it, which she did."

"Draco and I made a plan. Draco was a target to Pansy so I asked him to get Harry's help if he got poisoned too. Lucky Harry's friend agreed to help last minute. It worked out...well sort of. But the main point was to help you or Draco if Pansy's plan succeeded."

That's how Draco knew. That's why he seemed so off edge and gave me that letter just in case anything happened. He knew this entire time and never bothered to tell you the truth.

You looked over to Brooke with your lips pressed together.

"Pansy and Blaise planted the hate potion in Cedric's pumpkin juice." Brooke said. She stopped herself and took a deep breath.
"Apparently they also accidentally planted the love potion in the pumpkin beside Cedric." Brooke explained watching your reaction carefully.

You opened your mouth in disbelief. You drank that. Not a lot, but a little. You were poisoned with a love potion...but to who? That love potion was for Draco to fall in love with Pansy and you did not certainly fall in love with Pansy.

"But-" your voice cracked before Brooke cut you off

"Pansy thought she could re-wire the potions but she obviously couldn' because she didn't have my help. She fucked up as well.
Since Cedric was supposed to drink that hate potion, Draco ended up poisoned with a strong amount of hate potion for you.
And I made that love potion with some of Draco's DNA so it must've attracted you to him. That explains why you went rogue and went looking for Draco. That love potion gave you strong encouragement." Brooke finished as you slowly tried to connect the dots.

"Pansy's plan failed, she didn't mean for you to drink the love potion nor Draco too." Brooke said in defeat.
"She must've misplaced the drinks and she failed her re-wiring." Brooke said with her head down.
"The whole thing was a guess, no one knew what was going to happen."

You leaned your head back on the cold mossy stone and closed your eyes. You still couldn't believe any of it.

There was silence for a while. You didn't want to speak. You just needed to think.

"...You could've just told me Brooke." You said looking up at the foggy morning sky.

Brooke looked over to you.

"I- I never found the right time. And before I knew it, you were head over heels for Malfoy. It was to late for me, it seemed like the only option." Brooke sniffed as she stood up from the ground.

"I can't even tell you how sorry I am." Brooke apologized, standing over me.
"It was selfish and I was only thinking of my outcome for it."

You opened your eyes and stood up slowly. It was selfish of her to think by getting her way was to ruin others.

"I can't believe you." You said shaking your head.

"Y/n...

"You're not my friend Brooke. Who would do that? I don't know whether to thank you or hate you. You made the potions but only stopped when you saw a brighter outcome for yourself. And you never bothered to tell me!?" You angrily snapped as you started to walk away from Brooke.

"I know you never tell people what your feeling Brooke. Draco is the same way. But the difference between you and Draco is that you bottled those feelings up so hard because you were so afraid to think about what I thought about you. You went as far to secretly brew banded potions just so you could avoid telling me the truth."

"You lied Brooke that's not what friends do."

"Y/n! Please don't leave!" Brooke turned to see you walk away back into the Hogwarts castle.

"I don't want to JUST be your friend Y/n can't you see that? Look- I should've told you sooner but I'm telling you now. I know it's not the best time in the world but I needed to tell you the truth. I never intended to lie to you but I was so desperate not to lose you."

You stopped walking and slowly turned around.

You opened your mouth but nothing came out. This was all to shocking for you to even process what to say next. Brooke's jealousy got the best of her. Could that still mean you could forgive her though? She sorted out her mistakes but it was to late for her to do anything about it. She tried to help, she was with you in the Gryffindor commons with you and grabbed ingredients for the antidote.

You closed your eyes while shaking your head and kept walking with tears in your eyes. Your intentions were never to leave Brooke. You didn't want that you were each others best friends. You walked away because you didn't want to say something you would regret. You needed time to think about it.

That potion incident rooted lot deeper than just Pansy's stupid revenge. It was jealousy, very strong jealously that Brooke had. It grew more and more but Brooke kept pushing it down until she couldn't take it anymore. She was right, you were blind. You never noticed it. You were to caught up in your own life to notice that you were slowly hurting Brooke day by day.

But it seemed very clear to you now that you could see. It all made sense now. Would it have been better if Brooke admitted her feelings towards you? Would that have stopped her from making a hate potion for you?

It didn't even matter anymore. What was done was done. Brooke and Pansy's planned failed and now Pansy's has taken the fall for it. You were to busy to even consider that it was a lot deeper than just hate.

It was pure jealousy and revenge.

A/N: Wow so much to take in for y/n, I really hoped you liked this chapter and yes I am sorry Draco was not included in this chapter at all, I hate when authors do that but I didn't want to make the chapter too long. Hehe. And I tried my best no to make Brooke's explanation confusing bc honestly it took me some time to plan this out.
I'm also wrapping up this book as you can tell I'm guessing maybe 2-3 chapters left AND I'd consider for a part 2 if needed

Love u all btw have a great day/night

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.5K 1.9K 5
โคท ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐˜ข ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜น๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ comp...
2M 105K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
119K 2.5K 52
three years after leaving hogwarts, y/n and draco meet up again unexpectedly. draco being a newly found top ceo and y/n being a stripper. because mo...
40.9K 742 39
Having left the place she called home as Leah nightmare became worse each day as she wishers nothing more to return to the place she felt herself, a...