Getting it Right

Door TMSaunders

SWEARING AND SEXUAL CONTENT ADVISED. A story of mixed emotions, love, and romance. A love tested to the extr... Meer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
ACCIDENTS WILL HAPPEN
SURPRISED
REUNION
AFTER THE PARTY
NOT ME
THIS IS NOT HAPPENING
GETTING EVEN
WORDS ARE LOUD
NOT AGAIN
TOO CLOSE
GOING ALL THE WAY
TRUST
PIECES
NOT GOING TO PLAN
ELEVATOR CHAOS
UNDER SIEGE
RECOVERY
THE KISS
TWO WEEKS OF SUN
PAYING THE PRICE
THE EYES SAY IT ALL
THE RIGHT REASON
BIRTHDAY
PLEADING
GONE TOO FAR
WRONG WORDS
WEDDING
BEING THERE
GETTING IT RIGHT
UNBEARABLE
BOOK THREE
First chapter from book three

BRUISED EGO

1.2K 60 5
Door TMSaunders

A R C H E R P O V

What an eventful night, with my wife Ellie showing up, catching me with Britney. Ellie punched me, knocked me from my feet, and spitting she wanted a divorce. 

She turns to Britney and knocked her cleanout. When Britney finally woke, I told her to leave and stayed the night in my office, sleeping on the sofa. Sitting on the edge of the sofa, I rubbed my face. 

No idea what happened to Sasha when Ellie showed up. I didn't notice Sasha at her desk.

Stood to make my way into the bathroom as there's a knock at the door. "Yes." I reply, and the door opens. Then Sasha steps in with my coffee plus breakfast, which she places on my desk. "Sir. I need to apologise for leaving last night... What the hell happened to you?" Rub my face with my hand, before glancing over at her. 

"Nothing. I got a few issues to work out." I spit and she nods, ambles past me, and I get a wave of her sweet scent.

She placed her hand on the handle, noticed her knuckles are bruised, and glanced at her pretty face to view a minor bruise by her eye. She bows her head to close the door. 

Step into the shower to have a cold-water blast hit my frame, before the hot water came blasting at me. Washed dried and dressed in a two-piece black suit. 

Seated at my desk, drank my coffee, and ate my breakfast roll lost in thought about the night before and how it got out of hand. Yep, my wife Ellie caught me red-handed with my trousers around my ankles with Britany. I genuinely couldn't blame Ellie for what she'd done, and we haven't slept together or shared the same bed for sometime. 

We've grown apart in the last two years because of her affair, and I took her back with a vengeance in my mind, doing the same to her. 

We're both the same, and there's no love between us, and the best thing we could do is get a divorce and cut ties with each other.

Finished my breakfast and called Sasha into the office. She opens the door and steps over to the desk to sit across from me, noticing she didn't appear her normal self. Her hair is messy, which is so unlike her, and she's a little quieter than normal, which again is alarming. 

Sasha is quick thinking with her words when her lips move. She's not the one to hold back, and can be forthcoming in an argument, and will give you her piece of her mind.  

It was her birthday yesterday, and I didn't know she keeps to herself, not sharing or disclosing any detail about herself. Even though she's worked for me for three years. 

She's got her pad resting on her lap, with her legs tightly closed together with her pen in her left hand. I've noticed she's multi-talented and gets whatever assignment I ask her to do with no questions asked.

She's sharp-witted with answering me back with her sassy tongue, and she's hot-headed, sexy, with an exquisite body. 

Yes, I've noticed her, and for three years she's worked here, I've watched her and to be honest, she's too hot-headed for me. Plus, she hates any office drama, but everyone likes her. I mean, what's not to like when you got a figure like hers to admire everyday, and all I can do is have images, fantasise about ravishing her on my desk.

Picked up the file to read, making myself appear busy. She sits gazing at her pad. "I need you to draft a letter." She nods. "It's to Britney." Glanced at her for a reaction, but she gives me none, not even a raised brow. "Explaining she's being moved to another office." She nods at me.

"You know sir, you should put something on your eye. It would help with the swelling." She tells me with that smug smirk she does when she's in a mood. 

"You can leave." Raise my voice just a little too much with annoyance, and she steps to the door to leave.

***

Striding my way through the office to the elevator with my left hand in my pocket, playing with the wedding ring on my finger. 

Observe my staff watching me, whispering. Yep, the gossip is flying around the office rapidly, and I've heard so much over the years with the rumours, just don't take any notice. 

Pushed the button to the elevator to make my way to the finance department, and the doors opened to encounter Sasha's boyfriend with a black eye. 

Creased my brows and smiled with the thought Sasha must've given him that, but she had a bruise by her eye.

One thing I can't tolerate is when a man raises his hand to a woman. He stepped past me, heading over to Sasha's desk, and I stood by the elevator, holding the door open to watch him. 

Sarge is a computer geek in my tech department, and he got the job, all thanks to Sasha. She asked if there was an opening for a tech, and I gave him a job. 

No idea what Sasha would see in this guy. She's too accomplished for him, and she's too good for anyone. 

Excellent at her job. Too sexy and beautiful, which is not gone unnoticed with the way she looks with her perfect body and perfect curves. 

Sasha could eat you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yep, Sasha is off-limits.

He approached her desk, Sasha stood clasping her hands in front of her, staring at him. He leans towards her to say something, and she punches him. 

I laughed under my breath as I shake my head and need to move to stop a fight breaking out in my office. "Sir. Sarge is just leaving." She spits through gritted teeth. "It's none of my business, but you're at work, and this is my time." I said, letting them know I'm not thrilled with their outburst. 

Clearly, they're not content with each other.

He peers over at me. "Sorry, sir. It'll not be happening again. Sasha, I'm sorry about last night. I don't know what happened." He tells her. 

She glares at him with the whites of her eyes, forming fists. "Don't know what happened? I fucking caught you in my bed with a whore. And from what I could observe, you weren't pondering about me. Please don't pretend you're sorry." I stood back to glance around the office. Yep, sure enough, they're watching Sasha.

I don't want to get involved with the way she's raging, plus I've never witnessed her this way. Oh, I've seen her angry, but not this enraged. "You two in my office now." My voice is harsh and raised. 

They step in, I close the door to sit behind my desk, and contemplate how do I approach this without sounding too upset? Or taking sides?

Sasha turns to face Sarge, who's touching his eye from where she punched him, and she folds her arms. Tapping her foot on the floor which I find amusing. She's a firecracker and she's going to blow. "If you don't settle this now, I'll have no other choice but to suspend you both for two weeks with no pay." She shoots me a glare, a frightening glare, it's one I've not encountered before now. 

Should I be scared?

Stared at her, waiting for her to say something from her sassy mouth, but her succulent lips purse together, and she stands gazing at me, into my eyes. It's intimidating. Well, that's the first. She turns to Sarge smirks. "You deserve to rot for what you've done." She spits at him. "It's no fucking picnic living with you. You work all the time, have no time for me. What the hell do you expect, you were always too tired when you got into bed." I'm sure I don't want to hear this.

She laughs at him, causing the situation to get a little heated, and then her sarcasm just happens to leave her lips. "Maybe if you knew what you were doing in bed, I would've opened my legs more often." Rubbed my face, not believing she's bruising his ego, or what's coming from her lips. To be honest, I'm surprised, and all I want is to stand and place my lips over hers to shut her up.

His face changes shape. "I take back my apology, I'm done with you." He says and storms out of the door, as Sasha folds her arms and pivots on her heels to return to her desk. She takes her seat with her pen in hand, and gets back to work like nothing happened.

All I could do was sit here, let what actually transpired soak into my brain, and realise I've done the same thing to my wife. 

It caused me to speculate if my wife thought the same? Too much drama for one day. Stood to head my way to the finance department.

***

It's the end of the day, and I'm heading to the penthouse where I can shower and change. I figured there's no point going home to have my ex-wife screaming at me for what I'd done. 

Sooner the divorce is finalised, the better it means I can get on with my life. What a day though. 

Did feel a little sorry for Sasha for what Sarge has done to her, but she's resilient and will bounce back in no time, with her mouth unleashing insults at me.

Open the door to the penthouse and flop on the sofa, to rest my head on the pillow pinched the bridge of my nose. Pulled my legs up on the sofa to relax for a while before my brother showed up. 

"Aston, I know why you're here." I said to him while swinging my legs from the sofa. 

"Well, father laughed, and mother was her normal self." 

"That means our mother is happy once again." I inform him, and stand to pour us drinks.

Hand him a glass of brandy, take a mouthful as I enter the kitchen to order dinner. "Come on, little brother, let's go out and have dinner for a change." He said. 

"That would be too much effort." 

He shakes his head. "No, mate. Come on, you might even get lucky." 

Rolled my eyes at his remark. "In case you forgot... That's how I got in this mess." He laughs at me, takes my glass, pushes me towards the door of my bedroom.

Have a shower and changed into black trousers with a grey shirt, slipped my black leather shoes on and fiddled with my short hair, then leave with Aston. We're close, plus he's two years older than me. I'm twenty-eight and an ex-husband with a mistress.

***

Slide into the limo to head our way to the restaurant that Aston already made reservations at. "We should grab drinks after dinner." Smiled at him as I gazed down at my phone. 

Scrolling on the office site, we started up solely to know how the employees are. It's a page where they can vent how they're feeling, plus if they have any ideas. "Aston, read this." Pass him my phone.

He glances at it as his lips curl into a smile, reading wide eyed. "Sasha had the guts to do what she did. Wonder if that's how Mr Waitland got his blackeye?" He hands back my phone. 

"She's one girl I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side. I've heard what comes out of her mouth. She's sharp with her comebacks." Aston tells me. 

"She punched Sarge earlier right in front of everyone. Told them to step into my office. That's when I found out she caught him last night in her bed with another woman, and to top it, it was her birthday yesterday." He laughs.

The limo pulled up to the restaurant, waiting for the driver to get the door. "Did you get her anything?" "I had no idea it was her birthday." We stepped out from the limo. "She's been working for you for three years, and you don't know her birthday?" Shake my head. 

"Archer, do you go around with your head in the clouds? My god, I make sure all my employees get something on their birthdays. It shows them you're human." I've never sent my staff a gift.

They all get a Christmas bonus plus bonuses throughout the year. We sit at our table, order drinks and our meal. 

"Archer, here's to a new beginning." My brother raises his glass. "We both know that's bullshit." We laugh. 

Aston has me thinking about what he said. Should I get her a belated gift? If I did, she might take it the wrong way, and the gossip would start all over again.

We finish our meal, head to a bar for a few drinks, before heading back to the penthouse. It was a pleasant night chatting with my brother, just chilling. 

Glad to get into bed after spending last night on the sofa.

*********

WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS

THANK YOU FOR READING

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

137 0 50
Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat. I could hear my heart thumping, my stomach sinking, my legs weak at your sight. It's been nearly three years since I...
449 20 27
Sasha had the perfect life for a 24 year old, in a committed relationship for 2 years, stable job and an amazing apartment. Life was going good until...
767 9 10
Sasha finds herself fascinated by them. She's drawn to both of them in ways she can't quite explain. But figuring out who she wants? That's the real...
277K 7.7K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...