PLAYBOY [제이크]ᴇɴ⁃ Vol.2

By dwlskysoo

what happens if you were forced to get married to the most popular actor in South Korea, Jake Shim, and dump... More

1: festival
2: my future
3: two months
4: our limits
5: wedding boutique
6: catch a cold
7: mansion
8: lowkey
9: action and romance
10: lights out
11: find out
12: executive suite
13: let's run under the rain together
14: one week
15: five minutes
16: hopeless fate
17: endless love
18: in the next universe
19: longest destiny
20: the blushing cheeks you have
21: that feeling when
22: the moment of us together
23: two weeks of affection
24: the best option
25: desiderium
27: the memories we wish we forget
28: you're mine in every multiverse.
special chapter

26: falling head over heels in love

42.7K 2.6K 8.1K
By dwlskysoo

   It was almost eight in the morning, several hours after the attempted murder case happened. Wooil was taken to the police station and locked in prison for stealing an identity and attempting to murder Jina and her baby.

Because of the serious condition she had, Jina was brought to the operation room to take out the knife from her tummy before she lost more blood from her body. The operation took hours and gladly, it ended successfully.

The nurse brought her to the room, fixed the oxygen mask on her face, and left the room after checking her condition for the last time. After a few hours of sleeping, she finally woke up from her consciousness and groaned in pain as her body aches painfully.

She was nervous and scared to see herself in the hospital. She looked around the room to see if there was someone with her and screamed silently when her tummy got so hurt. She reached her hand to the patch and sobbed in tears as the wound was so painful for her to handle.

At the same time, Namjin and her friends went into the room and looked at her condition anxiously. Heeseung held Jina on the shoulder, gripped it, and softly talked to her.

"Han Jina."

Jina whined in pain and cried harder.

Heeseung leaned his face closer to her and cupped her face. Jina directly looked at his gaze. Heeseung slowly nodded and asked her to exhale with him. She followed him, and after a minute, she finally could calm herself.

Heeseung brushed her hair out of her face and caressed her cheeks gently. He slowly let go of her and pulled Namjin closer to her as she just hid in the corner of the room, watching Jina silently.

"What's wrong, Yoo Namjin?"

Jaehyuk asked his girlfriend worriedly. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer to him. He reached his hand to her jaws and lifted her head to look at him.

"What's wrong?"

He asked her softly. After a few seconds, Namjin cried in front of him. Jina anxiously looked at her friend and asked her.

"What's wrong, Namjin?"

Namjin wiped her tears,

"It's my fault, Jina."

Every eye was on her.

"Choi Wooil got humiliated because of me. I replied to his letter by writing something bad about him. I should have written something good about him as you asked me to."

She cried again.

Jina shook her head,
"I was the one who told you to reply to his letter and told you to do anything with the letter."

"I didn't expect this to happen to you. Everything will get better if I didn't do anything with the letter he wrote to you. You will never get hurt."

"I hurt you, Han Jina. Please don't forgive me."

Jina reached her hand to Namjin and held her hand tightly.

"It's never your fault, Namjin. No matter what you did to me, I will never hate you for that. You're my best friend. You did that to help me. You did that to stop him from approaching me. You did that for my sake."

"So, don't be sorry. Your intention was good. You did that for me. If you're still sorry, meet Wooil or his parents and ask for forgiveness for being the reason he got humiliated in front of the student."

Namjin quickly nodded,
"I will meet his parents. I don't want to meet him. I will lose my anger if I see him."

Namjin pouted her lips and finally stopped crying after Jina and Jaehyuk comforted her.

At that exact time, the doctor came into the room and approached Jina with a little smile formed on his face. Jina and the others greeted the doctor politely and exchanged glances with each other as the doctor seems so serious.

"How are you feeling, Han Jina?"

Jina smiled, "I'm getting better. Thank you for treating me well."

The doctor smiled at her back.

"I'm glad that you're good, Han Jina. Please stay here until your wound healed."

Jina nodded and asked the doctor curiously,

"How about my baby? Are they good?"

The doctor took a moment to answer. He brushed his nape and looked at Han Jina for a long time. Jina looked at him blankly and forced herself to smile.

"They are good, right?"

Jina chuckled,

"They are good."

She paused and asked again,

"Right?"

Jina rested her hand on her tummy and gently caressed them.

"Please say something about my baby."

Heeseung quickly grabbed Jina as she tried to get off the bed and approached the doctor. He held her wrist tightly and shook his head when their gazes met. Jina parted her lips and asked for the third time.

"Please say something about my baby."

The doctor cleared his throat.

"Han Jina."

"Your baby."

****

After Heeseung and the others left, Jina was alone in the room. She stared at the scenery from the window of her room and carefully got on the bed when someone knocked on the door.
She thought it was the nurse, but it turned out to be Jake.

She looked at him from the bed and pulled the blanket around her body. She hid under the blanket and didn't want to greet or talk to Jake.
As soon as he approached her and touched her, she pushed his hand away and moved her body away from him.

Again, she groaned in pain as she moved too much. Jake anxiously looked at her and took the blanket off her body.

"Let me take a look at your wound."

He reached his hand to her tummy, and again, she slapped his hand away from her. Jake was surprised at her move. He blankly stared at her face and spoke up softly,

"Han Jina."

Jina rolled her eyes, and cut him off,

"Leave."

Jake shook his head, "Let me take a look at your wound first, Han Jina. You're in pain."

"I don't ask for your help. Leave me alone."

She coldly said, never looking at him straight into his eyes. Jake nodded, pulled the blanket around her chest again, and sat on the chair while peeling the banana that he brought for her. Jina gazed at him seriously,

"Why are you still here?"

Jake smiled, "I want to peel the banana for you. I bought it at the market and I think, you will love the taste so much."

"The taste will be two times more delicious when you're pregnant. It tastes like ice cream with chocolate on the top."

He giggled and handed the banana to her.
Jina replied to him coldly,

"I'm not pregnant anymore. So, leave me alone."

Jake blinked his eyes in confusion, and shook his head,

"Please don't say that. It's not good."

Jina shook her head,

"I got miscarriage after Wooil purposely pushed me hard."

Jake held her hand, "It's not true."

Jina took her hand off him,

"I don't have your child anymore. They are gone."

"They are completely gone."

Jake parted his lips and shook his head every time Jina told him about the baby.

"They are still here."

He continued, "Our baby is still here."

"I bought a lot of clothes for our baby."

"I bought a lot of toys for them too."

"Han Jina, I have decorated the room for our baby. I'm so ready to welcome them."

"Please tell me it's a lie."

Jina gazed at him silently. Jake waited for her answer desperately as he refused to believe everything she said to him. He gripped the blanket and looked at her for a long time.

"It's a lie, right?" He asked her softly.

"They aren't here anymore."

Tears dropped on his cheeks as he heard that and silently cried. Jina stared at him with a heartless gaze. She didn't do anything to comfort him at all. She just wanted him to leave her alone, so she could live peacefully without him again.

"We don't have a baby anymore. Isn't that mean, it's time for you to leave me alone?"

Jake lifted his head to look at her, tears still escaping from his eyes.

"What are you saying, Han Jina?"

Jina wiped her tears and held her sobs.
"Aren't you here because you're just worried about your baby? Aren't you here because you want to know about your baby's condition?"

"I already told you everything about your baby. I have nothing to say anymore. It's time for you to leave me. We have nothing to do with each other anymore."

"Live happily, Jake. I don't want to have anything with you anymore. Fight for your career. Keep doing everything for your career. Please don't stop defending Yurim when everyone talks about something bad about her."

"Keep defending her like you used to do. Don't say anything when it came to me. Let everyone see me as someone bad. as someone hungry for your attention and love."

"As someone envious of seeing you happy with her. As someone who carried someone else's child."

"Don't ever defend me anymore. Just keep staying silent. Don't say anything about me like you used to do."

"Let everyone hate me and let everyone love you and Yurim."

"Let people put all of the blame on me."

"Now go. Fight for your career and live happily."

"I don't carry your child anymore. There's no reason for you to approach me anymore."

"So, leave me alone."

"I don't want to see you anymore."

Jake exhaled heavily,

"I won't leave you."

"What's the point of staying with me? I don't have anything to do with you anymore. I don't carry your child. I don't have your baby."

"Han Jina." Jake got on the bed and held her hand tightly.

"Why is it still hard for you to believe me?"

He continued,

"I love you because I sincerely do."

"I love you because I want you."

Jina lowered her head,

"Why don't you prove it to everyone? Why did you always make people hate me? Why didn't you say anything when someone talk shit about me?"

"If you love me, you will sacrifice everything for me."

"If you love me, you will never care about your career. You will never care about your reputation. My feeling will be your priority. You will put everything behind for me."

"You didn't say anything when people created a nonsense article about me. You didn't take it down. You let everyone hate me because you don't want them to hate you."

"I wonder what happen if Yurim were in my shoes. I wonder how would you react to this problem when everyone threw hate at her."

"Don't confess your feeling for me if it's temporary. Don't confess your feeling for me to just make me feel better."

"Jake."

"Get married to someone else. Have a family with them. Live happily with them. I know that you will find someone like her. I know that you will find your happiness soon."

"I want to get married to you."

He shortly responds. Jina barely smiled at him,

"I don't want you anymore. I don't want to have something with you anymore. I want to forget you completely and I want to get married to someone who loves me sincerely and someone who will sacrifice everything for me."

"As a way to respect my decision, I'm begging you to leave me for my happiness. My feeling for you has died."

"I hope this would be our last meeting, Jake."

Jake lowered his head and cried again.

"Yurim left me. I don't want you to leave me too."

"I don't want to lose someone I love twice."

"What should I do to make you forgive me?"

"It's too late to fix everything now, Jake."

Jina pressed the button to call the nurse. Jake looked at her in confusion and shifted his gaze to the nurse who has just entered the room. Jina took her hand away from him and talked to the nurse.

"I want to be alone. Can you ask him to leave?"

Jake looked at Jina surprisingly,

"Han Jina."

The nurse approached him,

"Please leave the room, Mr.Shim."

The nurse held his wrist and brought him out of the room. Jake took a glance at Jina and waited for her to look at him back, but she didn't.

"Han Jina, please give me a second chance to fix everything again."

Jina went silent.

"Han Jina, please answer."

****

The next day, Jake went to the hospital to visit Jina again. He walked through the hallway while fixing the cap in his head and standing in front of the door of her room. He looked at her who was sleeping peacefully in the bed and knocked on the door before entering the room.

He brought the bouquet for her and excitedly showed the flowers to her as she woke up from her sleeping. Jina stared at him
coldly, and pressed the button causing the nurse to immediately come to the room.

"Yes, Ms.Han?"

Jake stopped on his way and watched the nurse approaching him.

"Who allowed him to go into my room?"

"I'm sorry, Ms.Han. It's my mistake."

Jake blankly looked at Jina,

"Why am I not allowed to meet you?"

He put the nurse away from him and approached Jina while holding the bouquet in his hand.

"Han Jina, at least let me meet you."

Jina fixed her gaze away and waited for him to disappear out of her sight. The nurse approached him as he still refused to leave, and brought him out of the room,

Jake stood at the door speechless.

"Please respect our patient, Mr.Shim."
The nurse said politely.

Jake looked at her through the small window from the door and gripped the bouquet in his hand. After a few minutes of waiting for her to let him in, he dropped the bouquet on the floor and finally left the place.

After hours of staying in the room, dinner was finally served. It was almost seventh at night, and Jina was amazed when she saw the sunset from the window of her room. She finished the meal while adoring the scenery and was surprised when someone knocked on the door.

"Did I accidentally lock the door?"

Jina mumbled to herself and carefully walked to the door while holding a stick to control her balance. As soon as she grabbed the doorknob, she immediately stopped when she heard the familiar voice outside the room.

She leaned her body closer to the door and listened to him peacefully.

"At least take the bouquet and take care of them when I'm no longer with you. It will be the last goodbye from me."

He said softly as he knew that she was there, and listening to him silently.

"I'm sorry for hurting your heart. I'm sorry for everything I have done for you. I'm sorry for always pushing you away from me."

"I hope I can return the time and love you when you still develop a deep feeling for me. I regretted rejecting you and pushing you away from me when you love me. I was blind in love. I admitted that."

"I don't want to forget you."

"I don't regret going to the festival that night. I don't regret coming to you and letting you hug me when you were drunk."

"I don't regret everything that happened that night. I was so thankful to God for letting that happen. I was so thankful that the person I met that night was you."

"I want to walk by the beach with you. I want to hold your hand. I want to hug you. I want to be with you all the time. I felt so lost without you, and I don't think I can live this way longer."

"I was so in love with Choi Yurim and I admitted that it's hard for me to forget her but Han Jina, instead of staying in the past, I think I should take a step forward and start a new life."

"I want to move on from the past. I want to create a new life by marrying you and having a family with you. I don't want anyone else. I just want you."

"You're the best thing I have ever unplanned."

"Please give me the third chance to fix everything, Han Jina."

Jina opened the door and looked at him. He looked at her with a soft gaze and smiled at her.

"I'm sorry, Jake but please respect my decision."

As she was about to shut the door, he quickly grabbed the doorknob and went into the room before locking the door from inside. Jina took a few steps away from him and widened her eyes when the stick slipped from her hand causing her to almost fall to the floor.

Jake quickly wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to his embrace. Jina groaned in pain and placed her hand on the patch to hold the pain.

"Are you okay?" He asked her anxiously.

She nodded and placed her hand on his chest.
"Thank you." She said and pushed him away to pull away the gap between them.

"Leave, please."

Jina lowered her head and waited for him to leave patiently.

Jake nodded,

"This will be the last time we met."

"I will leave you forever."

"I won't bother you anymore."

Jina looked at him and smiled,
"Thank you for understanding me."

He continued,

"If we meet again in the next few years,"

"I will confidently believe that you're destined to be with me and at that time, I won't let you go because I believe that our meetings aren't accidents anymore."

"It's destiny, and we are meant to be together. You can't change my mind. I believe that it's a messenger from god. I won't let you go easily."

"And what if I'm married?"

She asked him curiously. Jake confidently replied.

"That means, we are the wrong person at the right time."

"If you're not married,"

"It means, we are the right person at the right time."

"Remember my words."

Jina looked at him speechless. Jake took a step closer to her and spoke up.

"Can I hug you?"

Jina shut her mouth.

"It will be the last time, Han Jina."

"Please?"

Jina sighed, and finally nodded.

Without hesitation, Jake closed the gap between them and hugged her tightly. He rest his head on her shoulder, brushed her hair gently, and hugged her tighter. Jina didn't hug him back at all. She waited for him to finish patiently.

"Take care. Have a healthy meal and don't forget to take a shower before sleeping. Call your friends when you need help. Don't be alone."

Jake cupped her cheeks and kissed her on the forehead for a long time before finally leaving the room after taking a glance at her for the last time.

Jina watched him leave until the door closed and broke into tears.

****

  "Hello, Yoon Sunjin."

I excitedly greeted Sunjin and chuckled when he laughed at me. He was so adorable when he laughed. I was so busy with my work, and after a few months, I finally had the chance to meet him. His cheeks were so puffy like his mother's. His face was a duplicate of his father.

I played with Sunjin around the park and teased him causing him to laugh harder. Namjin shouted at me,

"My son will get tired from laughing, Han Jina."

I smiled at her and laughed,
"He is too easy to laugh. It's not my fault."

At the same time, Jaehyuk came toward me and feed his son. Sunjin rested his head on my shoulder and refused to eat the carrot soup. I chuckled to see him. I went closer to Jaehyuk and helped him to feed Sunjin.

"That's great. That's my son."

Jaehyuk feeds him more. Sunjin sucked his finger and shook his face when Jaehyuk was about to feed him more carrots.

"He will become one year old in less than two months. Why is he already become a picky eater?"

Jaehyuk mumbled making me laugh.

"Look at his mother," I replied and gasped when Namjin replied.

"I heard you, Han Jina. Can you bring Sunjin to me? I want to see if he has pooped."

"Let me bring you to your mommy."

Heeseung came towards me and carried Sunjin happily.  He brought the baby around the park and played with him causing the baby to not be able to stop laughing.

"Lee Heeseung, you can't do that. He will get tired."

"Alright, Namjin."

Heeseung finally brought Sunjin to Namjin and prepared the milk for him.

Namjin shouted, "He has pooped a lot!"

Jaehyuk and I rushed towards them,
"Really?"

Namjin nodded,

"Let's go to the washroom."

I went towards her,

"But there's no washroom around here. Should we go into the shopping complex?"

Namjin agreed,

"The baby washroom in the shopping complex is more comfortable. Let's go, Han Jina."

Namjin carried Sunjin in her arm and waited for me patiently.

"We will wait here," Heeseung said.

Jaehyuk chewed the snacks,

"Han Jina."

I looked at him and waited for him to speak.

"I smell something bad from your daughter. I think her diapers are full with poops too."

I went towards Jaena who was sleeping peacefully in the small tent that was built by Heeseung and Jaehyuk and took her carefully.

"Let me help you, Han Jina."

"Thank you."

I said to him and carefully hand Jaena to him. I grabbed her bag and looked for her bottle.

"Did you see her bottle? I want to make milk for her." I asked him curiously.

"Look at under the pillow."

Heeseung replied and was surprised when Jaena cried on his shoulder. He quickly walked around the park and played with her to comfort her from crying, but he failed.

"Jaena will always cry when anyone else besides her mother carries her. You can't comfort her easily"

Jaehyuk respond and took Jaena from Heeseung to calm her down but nothing changed. Jaena cried harder. As soon as I found the bottle, I put it in the bag and took Jaena from Jaehyuk.

"See. She finally stops crying when her mother carries her."

Jaehyuk said and Heeseung nodded.

"The baby knows the heartbeat of her parents. The baby knows them well." Namjin muttered.

"Let's go, Han Jina."

****

    "Please stay here, Jake. I want to look for Taehyun. I don't know where the guy has been."

Jake leaned his back against the wall and nodded, sighed heavily. Kai awkwardly laughed.

"Don't be mad at me, Jake. You know Taehyun well, right?"

Jake fixed the cap and mask, "I don't want to go out with all of you anymore."

Kai whined, "Please wait here. I will drag him here and let you punch him."

Jake finally agreed. "Be faster."

There were a lot of people in the shopping complex right now. It made Jake feel so uncomfortable to be there. He didn't like to go to the surrounded place, especially on the weekend. He couldn't wait to go home. He wished Kai found Taehyun before everyone noticed his presence.

Jake took out his phone, played the music after wearing his ear pods, and waited for Kai and Taehyun to come back patiently.

He lowered his head as he accidentally made eye contact with a few people around him and went to the washroom to hide in the toilet.

He stayed in the toilet for almost twenty minutes and left the place as he got a text from Kai. As soon as he left the bathroom, he was surprised when a baby fell in front of him and cried.

He looked at the baby for a long time and approached the baby, carrying her while looking for her parents.

"Where is your mother?"

Jake asked her curiously and raised his eyebrows when she stared at him for a long time. He looked at her for a long time and smiled when her cheeks redden as she cried too much.

"Your cheeks."

He whined cutely and caressed her cheeks after wiping off her tears. Jake stayed in the same place, and waited for her mother to come but after minutes, no one came to him.

The baby rested her head on his shoulder and stopped crying as he patted her back. Jake grinned,

"Don't cry. I will be here to comfort you."

Jake patted her again and approached Kai and Taehyun who were waiting for him at the gate.

"Where did you steal this kid?" Taehyun gasped.

Kai pouted his lips and took the baby from Jake and as soon as he carried her, the baby sobbed in tears and cried harder. Kai was nervous when the baby couldn't stop crying and without hesitation, he gave the baby to Jake.

"Why did she stop crying when she's with you?"
Taehyun gasped as he was amazed at his skills.

Jake comforted the baby in his embrace and smiled when she finally stopped crying and ended up sleeping on his shoulder. Jake reached his finger to her tiny palm and grinned when she gripped his finger tightly.

"We should leave now, Jake. Mrs.Do wants to meet us."

Jake pouted his lips,
"But we still haven't found her mother."

"Send her to the counter. They will take care of her."

****

Heeseung and Jaehyuk laughed.

"How can you forget about Jaena? She is your daughter!"

Jaehyuk said and held his laughter when Jaena almost woke up from her sleeping. Namjin hit him on the pants and told him to shut up. I drank her coffee and answered.

"It was an accident. Namjin accidentally dropped Sunjin's bottle in the bathroom. I took Jaena to the couch and searched for the bottle, but after I found it, I was surprised when Jaena was no longer with me."

"I was glad that someone took her and brought her to the counter. I will kill myself if I lose her."

I replied softly.

"Jaena is one year old, Han Jina. She can walk now. Please remember that." Heeseung said and I nodded in understanding.

"Sometimes, I forget that she can walk."

I said causing the others to laugh.

"Did the staff say anything when you take Jaena from them?" Jaehyuk asked curiously.

Namjin respond,

"Jaena created a mess. She cried when they took care of them. She didn't want anyone else other than her mother."

I said, "The staff said that Jaena was sleeping peacefully when the person sent her to them."

Namjin gasped, "She didn't cry?"

I nodded.

"Yes. I wondered who was the person who comforted her. They must be so good at handling kids."

"You should ask the staff about them. Pay the person. They saved your child."

"I asked them about the person who sent Jaena to them, but they had no idea who the person was."

I changed the topic, "Anyway, can you bring me to the place that I wanted to go to tomorrow? Since we are on one way, we can visit the place for a few minutes and back home."

Jaehyuk nodded,

"We will bring you to the place tomorrow. Are you going with us, Heeseung?"

"I'm sorry, everyone. I need to leave earlier."
Heeseung replied.

I smiled at him and chuckled,

"It's okay."

****

It's been a long time since I haven't visited this place. I walked into the room with Jaena in my embrace and looked for her name. I wanted to visit her for a long time but I was out of time. I was busy with work and at the same time, I need to take care of my daughter. I was so happy that I finally got the chance to meet Yurim again. I felt so excited to show Jaena to her.

It's been years since she left. I hate the fact that I slowly forgot her face and her voice. I always wanted to remember her, the girl who always treated me nicely.

A lot of people said I was envious of her and I admitted that they were correct. I was envious of her but I never hate her for being the one he loved and he looked for. No matter how many times people compared her with me, there's no reason for me to hate her. She was perfect. She was an angel.

For the first time, I met her with Jaena by my side. I looked at her picture for a long time and smiled,

"Hello, Choi Yurim. It's been a long time. I'm sorry for not visiting you. I was busy with work. I felt so happy to meet you again. A lot of things happened to me when you weren't around. I hope you would be there with me and comfort me."

"I was in a difficult time these past years, and honestly, I was so tired and I wanted to give up on living, but thanks to my friends, they were the reason I'm still here."

"Heeseung was happier now. About Jake? I don't know about him. I hope he still meets you and expresses his concern to you."

"This is my daughter, Shim Jaena."

"She is one year old. She can walk and talk, but I still can't understand her."  I chuckled as Jaena stared at me while pouting her lips.

"She almost created trouble, Yurim. She walked out of the bathroom when I wanted to help Namjin with her child. I almost died when she wasn't with me that day."

"I was glad that there's someone took her and brought her to the counter. I will be dead if she lost from my sight. Ever since that, I promise myself to never be careless anymore."

"Yurim, I hope you can see me and Jaena."

"I hope you will appear in my dream. I want to talk to you about everything."

"Please come to my dream. I miss you."

I held Jaena's hand, and let her palm touch Yurim's picture. Jaena looked at me and chuckled.

"Are you happy to meet her? She is your mother too, Jaena." I laughed.

"Shim Jaena meet Choi Yurim."

"Choi Yurim meet Shim Jaena."

Jaena looked at Yurim's face for a long time and smiled.

"Shim Jaena?"

My eyes widened when I recognized the voice. I immediately turned my body to the left and brought Jaena closer to me when I realized that Jake was watching me.

He approached me with his gaze glued to Jaena,

"Jake," I mumbled slowly.

"Jina."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 8.2K 29
It all started when the girl lend the crying boy her umbrella on a rainy day, who knew she had the ability to fix his broken heart? - enemies to love...
675K 57.5K 42
a shy and cry baby girl who had a crush on Yang Jungwon and confessed her feeling by sending a letter to him everyday . Everything was good until sh...
172K 6.8K 34
Jake couldn't have imagined debuting with someone who seemed so perfect and talented. He also knew that even if he did, he could never be in a relati...
241K 12.3K 30
Yang Jungwon thinks he'll end up with his longtime crush, Lee Heeseung. Park Jongseong came to change that. 💌 dna, jaywon. this ff is pretty much wh...