(Completed) Tomorrow, With Yo...

By mesmerizingyoo

The Second Book to "Waves" Jimin wakes up one morning, as if the years that went by is now just a faint memor... More

00
01 - Sweet mornings
02 - Our love song
03 - A sillage
04 - The past lingers
05 - Uncertainties to come
07 - The forgiving
08 - Hopefully, endlessly
09 - Right where they belong
10 - Nothing to everything
11 - Right or wrong
12 - On a tightrope
13 - Heaven on earth
14 - Here to stay
15 - Other than love
16 - Lost in a spell
17 - To love and live
18 - Secrets kept
19 - A swelling storm
20 - Where it lies
21 - Far from home
22 - Another day
23 - The lost light
24 - Frozen in time
25 - Always connected
26 - To touch and ignite
27 - Tomorrow and thereafter
28 - Slow dancing forever
29 - Right here, right now
30 - Eternally yours
(Special) 386 steps
(Special) Her and her first love
(Special) To go and grow
A/N, Announcement + OST

06 - Scars like mistakes

194 25 6
By mesmerizingyoo

♡♡♡

"Are my mistakes worth the toll that it takes
I can see it written on your face
You've seen me make every mask I create"

Shifting nervously in his seat, Taehyung feels a growing pain in his stomach. He peers over at the woman sitting across him on the small table, then to the child whose eyes are everywhere but the two adults with her.

His mind couldn't process the situation. Thoughts lingering in him are slowly becoming much of a bother, and he wonders if it isn't just him who feels that way.

Kang Seulgi is back, he bites his lip, shutting his eyes before opening them again.

No words were said until Jiyeon scrambles to her feet, she grips on her bag as she stares at him straight. He gulps, worriedly looking at her as she pushes the chair back.

"I need to go home, I'm tired," she mutters, she is fighting something in her and she just couldn't wait and leave so no one has to see.

Seulgi tilts her head and gazes up at her daughter, reaching to hold her wrist but she's already stepping away.

"Why come now? You had like what, four years? Three?" she grits, refusing to meet her eyes. Taehyung watches in shock.

Seulgi stands up, dropping her purse on the floor as she does, and grasps around both of her arms making the child face her.

She leans closer, running her fingers through Jiyeon's hair, "I-I'm sorry," she whispers.

Jiyeon shakes her head, not wanting her mother to touch her, "Sorry?" she smirks, eyes watering but she gulps it down before it starts to fall.

As if this day couldn't get any better, the girl thought.

Taehyung fidgets for a second, before calling out for the girl. "Jiyeon-ah," he says softly.

Seulgi then pulls away from her, as she helplessly glances over at him. She steps back, about to take her purse but he stops her.

"Don't," he snaps, "Don't make it worse. You-you have to give her space, some time to think this through don't you think? She hasn't seen you for years, Seulgi. You didn't even bother to give her a call, nothing. She's just—confused about all this."

Seulgi feels her body trembling, unable to look up as she stares down on the floor. She just wanted to see her child, to make up for all the years she had no courage to make that dreaded call, to try again yet the reality is sinking in and she couldn't breathe.

She boarded the plane with all the courage she was able to gather, she didn't want to tell Jimin because if she did, he probably would've said no. Not because he didn't want to, but because Seulgi had to make sure she's okay; that she's ready to become a mother to their child.

Yet again, the woman failed miserably. She left wanting to start over a new life, accepting the fact that she's no longer responsible for her child. The only thing she was granted was a day to be with her if she liked, but it had to be on Jimin's conditions.

She needed to get it together, to go into therapy until the doctor says she's recovered, but instead she chose to run away and waste the chance she was given.

But she's trying, at her own pace; and there's this glimmer of hope in her that maybe Jiyeon would understand her pain like how she wished her own parents did, but it never happened.

She fought her best not to break down in tears as she saw her daughter, all grown up but still as cute as she has always been. And she wanted to wrap her in an embrace, give her warmth like she used to but looking at it now she's coming into terms that she may be is a little too late.

Seulgi nods, as tears stream down her cheeks. She clenches her fists on her side, heaving while her heart rips into pieces.

Jiyeon glances up at her with pain in her chest. It hurts to see her like this, the person who was there to take care of her, she knows she did try everything to make her life better.

However, despite all the waiting and crying the child did while her mother was gone trying to heal, she couldn't be selfish. She still loves her so much, after all.

The door to the café opens, and the bell attached hanging above the frame rings, causing all three of them to turn their heads around.

Jimin rushes inside, panting as he frustratingly brushes his hair with his fingers. He catches a glimpse of her daughter, walking towards him.

She forces a smile, then looks back at the other two. Taehyung widens his eyes as he met his best friend's glare. "You-she texted you?"

He asks, rubbing his temple as he raises an eyebrow at the girl.

Jiyeon looks back at him apologetically before reaching her little hands forward, "Keys?" she says, as Jimin bites his lower lip.

He breathes heavily, chest still heaving up and down before handing her the keys to his car.

"Go, mommy's there to take you home," he tells her.

She furrows her brows, squinting her eyes a little as she waits for him to explain. He sighs, patting a hand on top of her shoulder, smiling at her.

"I'll just talk to her, tell her to come visit you some other time, is it okay? Taehyung is here to bring me back home, don't worry about it alright?"

She sighs softly, pouting cutely before whispering, "Sorry, daddy. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings, I just—I didn't know what else to say, I didn't expect to see her now. Can you uh, tell her I'm sorry and I promise that when she comes by next time, I'll surely be okay with it then? I'm just—"

Jimin pulls her into an embrace, kissing into her hair as he nods, "It's okay, baby, you don't need to feel sorry, I'll explain it to her. I'm sure she'll understand. She loves you remember? She will always love you, that's why she's here anyway."

"And one last thing daddy, make sure that she's doing fine. That she's—not forgetting her medicine, if she's still in need to take them. I-I saw her shaking, I'm worried she's gonna fall."

Jimin hums into her ear, nodding again before letting go. He smiles down at her as she huffs a breath, turning on her heels to leave.

He follows her until she's out of the café, letting out a sigh of relief when Jeongyeon runs all the way to the other side to check up on her before pulling the door open.

She guides her as she stepped inside, quickly looks over at him and gave him a smile. She nods and he does as well, walking back to the driver's side so she can finally bring Jiyeon home.

Taehyung skips towards him, biting the inside of his reddened cheeks as their eyes met. Jimin grits his teeth, wanting to lash out on the man for not telling him sooner but he pushes past him and walks to where Seulgi stood, arms hugging her body while she looks outside.

"I'm sorry I just—whatever, I'll wait in the car!" he yells behind, ruffling his hair angrily as he stomps off the place.

Jimin frowns, his hand gripping on his jacket, as the other glides through his hair back in utter confusion.

He settles on the chair, leaning over as his arms fall laying on his thighs. She doesn't look at him, choosing to crouch down to get her purse so she could leave.

Seulgi feels like disappearing, digging her own grave so she doesn't have to say a word to the man, let alone meet his gaze. She regrets coming to her daughter unexpectedly, not letting her father know she was visiting and now she has nothing in her but a mix of guilt and shame.

"When did you arrive?"

His voice is low, raspy, exhaustion seeps into him after such a rough day at work. The last thing Jimin wanted was the exact same thing to happen. He's desperate to know why Seulgi would go that far, coming back after so long just so she could see her child but not even bothering to inform him or at least her sister beforehand.

He looks up at her, scanning her for any signs of what he least expected. Scars which she may have inflicted upon herself, or any broken bone in her body if there's any. Nothing.

Yet it's clear to him that the woman still hasn't recovered the way she needs to be. She's unable to cast him a look in his eyes, and they're twitching, she's shaking and she's trying so hard to fight it.

Jimin couldn't help but feel the rage inside his body, all he wanted was for her to come back and face Jiyeon in a healthier, at least a better state than she last saw her.

But after so many years of praying she would actually make it, it turns out something stopped her, again. She didn't know how hard it has been for him, to watch over their child while she suffered some kind of breakdown for quite a long time.

She was once bullied for being a daddy's girl, for not having to spend some time with her biological mother, and what hurts him to this day is how Jeongyeon faced all of it with not a lot of founded courage.

His beloved wife who has been trying her best for their little family, not being able to carry her own baby as she had to work twice as harder as she used to, just so she wouldn't have to think of what people have been saying.

Seulgi doesn't know how much he had to go through alone, and all she ever desired was to become the center of his world, to be his focus when she knew that's not what he wanted.

He cared so much for the woman, from the day he met her, until right at this moment as he watches her gulps nervously, still refusing to look at him and speak for herself.

Is wanting your child to still be able to meet her real mother an impossible thing for Jimin to wish for?

Even Jeongyeon would constantly remind him to find the woman, and tell her things about her child. To let her know how Jiyeon has been doing all these years while she's away and making it right.

But why is she so selfish?

It takes about another five minutes, and before Jimin loses his last ounce of patience, Seulgi lifts up her head and clears her throat. She sits down on the chair, breathing heavily as she turns to him.

He clenches his jaw, his grip on his knee as he rests his back tightens. Still, he waits.

"Uh," she starts, fidgeting as she avoids his smug expression. "I-I just wanted t-to see h-her," her voice cracked, feeling her throat dry up.

He let her take her time, sighing loudly and grunting as he adjusts his body in his seat. He feels his phone vibrate in his pocket, yet he chooses to ignore it so he could get this over with.

He just wants to go home.

"I didn't mean t-to not c-contact you, I... I know w-we agreed that I call you f-first but I was in a r-rush, it was just going to be q-quick I—"

"It doesn't matter, does it? Look, I never told her to treat you that way if she sees you. She was just shocked to meet you again after so long. You know what? She wanted you to call her, not me. She wanted you to at least try! But you didn't! You could've just asked me for her number, I bought her a phone for crying out loud!"

His voice now full of built-up anger, yet still low. Tears fall down her face as she stares blankly at nothingness, her skin turning pale every second.

"I-I'm sorry, I just," she mumbles.

"You better be. God, what did you do all those fucking years? I thought by the time you appear in front of me again you'd at least look better, even different but better. When's the last time you attended the session? And the pills, are you still taking them?"

She continues on sobbing, and Jimin curses under his breath. He takes out his phone, realizing there's no point in trying to be a hero again. Fuck it, my daughter is so much better without you anyway.

But before his pent-up frustration and rage get to him, a text stops him from losing his own mind.

My wife:

How is she? Does she have a place to stay tonight? Jiyeon said she doesn't seem okay. Don't force her too much, bring her home and call it a night. Talk to her tomorrow. I'll fix up the guest room quick.

His wife. Jeongyeon is Jimin's voice of reason. She keeps him grounded, brings out the good in him, reminds him to not change the way he is. Her heart is made of gold, and though sometimes it scares him that she appears to be so strong yet still so fragile at times, he still wants her to hold his hand.

As he glances back at Seulgi, he softens his gaze, he's reminded of what the young Jimin would've done if he's here. But this time, he's sure that he would never make the same mistake again.

He'll give her the chance to make things right with Jiyeon, and hopefully with herself as well.

Just like how his wife has always done for him.

♡♡♡

Taehyung wakes up with a slight headache, he trails his eyes around the parking lot, still no sight of Jimin or Seulgi. He grunts, getting up as he pulls back the seat from its reclined position.

He takes out the key and steps out of the car, he digs into his pocket and fishes out his phone. He decides to give Jeongyeon a call.

"Hey," he says, pacing back and forth as the cool wind hits right through his tanned skin.

"Hi! Uhm, hey, sorry I didn't get to talk to you, I had to leave immediately and—"

"Are you alright?"

Silence. It always tells him her answer, Taehyung knows her too well. But she gathers herself, grinning on the other end anyway.

"Of course. Just had a crazy work day but overall, it's good," she explains, growing flustered upon realizing she overdid it again.

"Are you really alright?" he asks again, leaning his back on the car door.

Jeongyeon shrugs, gripping on the wine glass as she stands on the balcony. If she were to be honest, she is alright, but something is running inside her head.

Something even she couldn't understand, but Taehyung does.

"Look, I'm waiting for him at the parking lot. You should've stayed instead, and I should've been the one to take Jiyeon home," he says, "As I was supposed to earlier."

He chuckles lightly, huffing a breath before sliding a hand in his pocket.

"I can't be there, you know so well I'm not that kind of person," she states, taking a sip on her wine.

"What kind?"

She sighs, "I care a lot. And I mean for him. I don't want him thinking I don't trust him still. I've past that you know? He just wants what he thinks is best for his child, and besides, Seulgi deserves to see her daughter too. Even after everything, she is still her daughter. Jimin has always believed she would be better, and that one day she'll be strong enough to face her child like I had been with him, right?"

He finds himself nodding, knowing where she's coming from. If anything, Jeongyeon reminds him of what he wished he became during his marriage with Inna.

He starts to ponder where did his old self go? When did he actually start being as weak and afraid as he thinks he is now? This isn't him before; he used to be the one lifting Jeongyeon up when she was down, he was her source of strength.

What happened?

It scares him to death, how much he keeps on changing each time. It feels like even he doesn't notice it until it's late and he's drowning in his thoughts.

He presses a hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat at a relaxed, stable pace. He's relieved that he's making progress, at least.

Jeongyeon calls for him, and he shudders.

"Earth to Taehyung? What are you thinking? Don't you agree with me?"

He nods, standing straight on his feet as he turns to check up on the café.

His mouth drops open, eyes widening when he sees Jimin and Seulgi walks side by side towards his direction.

He notices the smile on her face as Jimin glances her way, he remains stoic and he looks like he's somehow forced to be there.

"Hey, sorry but Jimin's coming here. Um,"

Unsure what to tell her, he panics, biting hard on his lips as the two are getting closer.

"Is Seulgi with him? I asked him to uh, bring her here if she doesn't have any place to stay. It's getting late and it's dangerous to take the bus or train at this time, and Jiyeon said—"

"Wait, what? You did what?" Taehyung asks, furrowing his eyebrows as he stares straight ahead.

"I just want her to spend at least tonight with Jiyeon, I don't know but I feel bad for her," she explains, sounding a bit hesitant.

"Is it okay with you? You sure?"

She nods, smiling softly even though he couldn't see, "It is, don't worry about me, Tae. Anyways, see you. I gotta go, drive safe."

Taehyung shakes his head, he let out a chuckle as he nods at Jimin.

"Keys, I'll drive. Go sit with her in the back."

"Me? But why? And why is she coming?"

Jimin snorts, "Apparently, Jeongyeon is inviting her over, can you believe that?"

"W-wow, that's," he says as he laughs awkwardly.

"That's cool, right? God, I just want to lay in bed and sleep forever," Jimin mutters as he gets inside the driver's seat.

Taehyung follows and sits at the back, and he gives Seulgi a small smile before buckling his seatbelt.

She nods, smiling at him as she looks outside while holding her purse tightly on her lap.

"You can take the train tomorrow. Have lunch with Jiyeon before you leave, is it okay?"

Seulgi grins excitedly, nodding his way as Taehyung watches in utter disbelief, suddenly feeling something grumbling in his stomach.

He peeks at Jimin through the mirror, and rolls his eyes at him before leaving him a text message.

"Make sure she leaves tomorrow, or you will be the one to leave, understand?"

Jimin pulls over at the gas station, and quickly scans on his phone and his high-pitched giggle suddenly filled the room as he reads Taehyung's message.

The man smirks playfully then lays his back on the seat. Meanwhile, Seulgi silently listens to the sound of Jimin's laughter, thinking of how thankful she is for him.

And her mind goes back to her child, with her newfound devotion that is to make sure Jiyeon doesn't grow up like her and instead, become like Jimin.

"Thank you," she mumbles to herself, sighing in relief looking at him.

♡♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 2.8K 79
Yoo Jeongyeon is the CEO of the biggest toy company in her country. She lives alone with her halmeoni in her huge house because her parents live in t...
92.5K 1.5K 15
Looking for angst ??? Well you're on the right book👍 If you're not a person who is interested in reading a whole story this is the best book for you...
10.6K 511 10
After four years of being in a relationship, Yoongi and Jimin start to drift apart. Yoongi starts working nonstop and meets Hoseok, his new coworker...
323 34 29
❝THIS... THIS LOVE... IT WAS ALL A LIE! A FUCKING LIE!❞ He laughed bitterly, tears dripping down onto the creaky floor. || #107 in ❝Lie❞ || --COMPLET...