What happens next?

By i_dont_hesitate

When he gets saved from his bullies by the three of the most popular kids in school, Virgil's bullies' plans... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter fourteen
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter twenty two

328 18 3
By i_dont_hesitate

A/n: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SOMeone send me HeLp 😂

Virgil had woken up early, as usual. He hated it, he wasn't a morning person, but he couldn't wake up late. And it was crazy, because he went to sleep late every night.

The life of an insomniac.

He groaned, stretching out, and was genuinely freaked out when it sounded like he broke his shoulder as he was stretching.

His eyes grew faster than the grinch's heart when he realized something was wrong with his arm.

'No. Nononono, not today' he wailed in his mind. He didn't want to acknowledge it, but he had to. And he hated it.

He got up slowly, only to have his thoughts confirmed. And he was horrified.

His arm was asleep, and his hand was numb. It felt like it was weighing him down, and he absolutely hated every second of it as he waited for the numbness to pass.

He hated when it happened. But it happened to everyone so why complain.

Once his arm started to get feeling back, he went to his bathroom to brush his teeth and such, then walked downstairs. Why? He didn't know. He would find out.

When he finally got to the bottom step, he heard some voices. "Alessandra, dear" Clinton spoke, as he watched his wife finish brewing his cup of coffee, "look, I know you're worried, but he'll be fine. He has friends now, and he seems to be doing really well in his public speaking class, things are really turning around" he smiled.

"Oh, I know, but i'm just worried that he'll get..scared, you know, you've always been very tough on him, and he can't help it either. It's not his fault he can't talk, and he thinks you think less of him because of it..so maybe he's insecure" Alessandra explained.

"Oh, i'm not..that hard on him, Virgil's my boy!" He smiled.

"Yes, yes, I know. Still, you've got to show him the same love you show Remy, and that love has to be unconditional."

"Oh, alright." He grumped, before showing kinder eyes, "look, dear, I know i'm not always here, or around the house to help out, but that doesn't mean I love you-or our kids any less. It's just-you know my eyes have been opening up recently. I've been so stressed, i've been fighting to keep my job, and I've never been the best employee-"

"God knows that, how'd you even get the job in the first place?" She teased.

He glared at her, "but I just want you to know, i've been trying as hard as I can. I want to be able to support this family, but it's just so hard to.."

"Oh, Andrew, I know you do, and I really hope you can keep your job, but it's fine if you can't, because we already have so much money saved up, plus, I have a very stable job- and just look at Virgil and Remy's college money! People have told me that it seems impossible to save anywhere near that amount, but we are very well off, and we can afford to live off of one income. It wouldn't hurt a bit."

"Thanks dear, but I still need to do my share for our family-"

"As long as we can put food on the table, and put clothes on our children's backs, it's enough. The house has been paid off for years now, so mortgage isn't a problem. Just bills, and taxes."

"Alright" He sighed, his cup of coffee being placed into his hands as he took the first sip.

"Wait, dad cares about us? ..AND his job?!" Remy asked quietly, making Virgil jump because holy crap he came out of no where.

"Oh my god, we're both nosy biatches" Remy cackled, clapping Virgil on his back, who fell over.

"Oop-Vertigo go REEEE" he yelled.

Virgil rolled his eyes, getting up to check his phone when the buzzer went off. It was Logan, and he was in need of assistance on how to deal with the 'break up that wasn't actually a breakup because they were never really official but they were kinda dating but also kinda not dating.'

Virgil rolled his eyes at Logan's wording, and texted him back.

Virgil: I'll be there in ten. I'll bring my Rubix's cube.

Logan: Is it a good one?

Virgil: best in the business

Logan: Good, get over here.

————————————————————

As Virgil entered Logan's house he could practically feel the gloomy, depressing attitude in the atmosphere.

He knocked three times on Logan's bedroom door, before giving it a couple seconds, then coming in. The room was neat, organized, and professional.

"Hey Virgil.." Logan said lowly from his bed. He was laying on his back, staring at the ceiling, "I feel so bad, but..I just..you know, fell out of love with him?"

Virgil nodded, a kind expression on his face. He knew it was complicated.

"But like-you see the way he and Roman look at each other, right?? I mean, it's so painfully obvious-and it's been like this for a while, and i've just been realizing, he's not the one for me..i'm so bland and quiet, while he's loud and bubbly, he needs someone more like him, and I want someone more like me.."

Virgil listened intently as he rambled on and on about Patton, how they'd known each other since the cribs, how they always did everything together with Roman, and how they always had each other's backs.

"I didn't want to hurt him, but I just-see him as more of a best friend than a lover.."

'You shouldn't pretend to love someone just to make them happy. You may feel like crap now, but in the future, you'll both begin to realize that you ended up doing the right thing-even if it sucked' Virgil signed, trying to give Logan the best advice he could.

And Logan, logically, knew Virgil was actually correct. If he lead Patton on just to make him happy, in the end, it would benefit no one because no real love would have been shown from him.

And Logan also knew that Virgil was right about it not sucking, or hurting any less. Even if they both had their eyes on someone else.

It may take weeks to move on, and Virgil was ready to help both of them out every step of the way, and Logan was perfectly okay with that, and happy that nobody was choosing sides. They could help each other get past this as a group, and they could all become stronger friends.

'Now, are you going to sit in this bed all day, or are you going to come make fun of how incorrect Grey's Anatomy is while you study your books on how to become a doctor?' Virgil signed.

Logan smiled, and got out his books.

"Good-also, did you even realize you had my Rubix's cube? Let alone solve it?!" Virgil signed, a shocked look on his face.

"Whoops" Logan laughed, "didn't even notice!"

'There's that smile' Virgil thought to himself.
___________________________

"Well, fake names and disguises are out of the window" Janus groaned. His last hope wouldn't work with him. They were stuck in a jam now.

"Maybe we could just own up to our actions?" Bryce questioned, giggling at the snail that was roaming across his fingers.

"Bryce-oh my god, do we have to kill you too?" Remus asked.

"SHHHH!" Janus shushed loudly, "shut up"

"Oops, sorry-"

___________________________

Just do it.

Virgil kept telling himself that over and over again. It was his mantra now, his head wouldn't stop repeating it. He was trapped in his mind, unable to escape it.

He took a deep breath, opening his mouth as if to speak. Nothing more, however, than a small squeak came out.

'Come on-come ON!' He screamed to himself, 'just SAY SOMETHING!'

He kept trying. He kept praying but it just wasn't happening, and nothing was letting him say anything. It's like his mouth went dry at the mere thought, and his throat closed in on itself.

Tears pushed to the front of his eyes that he quickly wiped away, playing it off as 'dust in his eyes.'

He wished he could be normal.

He wished he could be like his friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 13.8K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
40.6K 1.8K 14
แ€žแ€ฐแ€Œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€”แ€ฒแ€ท แ€’แ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€˜แ€ฌแ€›แ€ฒแ€ท แ€™แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€ธแ€€ แ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€ แ€”แ€ฎแ€ธแ€…แ€•แ€บแ€กแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€…แ€ฌแ€ธแ€”แ€ฑแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€žแ€ฐแ€ทแ€›แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€…แ€ฌแ€ธแ€•แ€ฏแ€ถ แ€€แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€…แ€ฌแ€ธแ€”แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€™แ€™แ€พแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€แ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€”แ€ฑแ€žแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏ แ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€”...
860K 76K 37
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
7.4M 206K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...