๐‘ถ๐’๐’† ๐‘ด๐’๐’“๐’† ๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’•๐’•๐’๐’†...

By ryliethedumbass

Eliza Kirstin-March is a selfless, loving, wholesome, and quiet Little Woman. When her mother passed unexpect... More

Before You Read...
๐˜—๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ - ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜š๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜•๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ {1/4}
๐˜—๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ - ๐˜•๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ {2/4}
๐˜—๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ - ๐˜“๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ'๐˜ด {3/4}
๐˜—๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ - ๐˜‰๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด {4/4}
[๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต 1] ๐˜ˆ ๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‰๐˜ฐ๐˜บ, ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ
๐˜™๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜”๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ
๐˜‹๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ
๐˜๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ป๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด
๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ
Chapter 9 {"Do you have feelings for her?"}
Chapter 10 {Confusion and Mourning}
Chapter 11 {"Can I come in?"}
[Part 2] Chapter 12 {The Picnic}
Chapter 13 {The Telegram}
Chapter 14 {Preperations, Haircuts, and Goodbyes}
Chapter 15 {Chores and Disscussions}
Chapter 16 {The Invitation and Dress Altering}
Chapter 17 {Meg's Departure and Bickering }

๐˜š๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ˆ ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ

2.4K 47 1
By ryliethedumbass

Early that morning, I awoke with excitement coursing through my veins. Today we were going to a holiday party!

The girls and I were in Amy and Meg's room. I was sitting on the bed with Oliver on my lap while everyone was waiting for Jo to finish Meg's hair. Meg applied some lotion to her hands as everyone heard some sizzling. "It's burning. It's burning, Jo! You're burning my hair! " Meg said with worry as she patted Jo's arm to get her attention. 

I looked up to see steam coming from the hot curler. "Are the tongs supposed to smoke like that?" Beth asked. 

"Of course they are- it's just the dampness drying. " Jo said irritatingly. My eyebrow curved in confusion and my nose scrunched up because of the smell. 

"Something's scorching, Jo. Even I can smell it and I've got quite a flat nose. " Amy said as she ran her finger over the bridge of her nose. 

I patted the bed next to Amy to get her attention and spoke. "Oh, hush! Your nose is perfectly shaped. " She smiled at me and then continued to look at herself in the mirror. 

I looked back at Meg and Jo to say, "Aren't you supposed to wait till her hair is dry, Jo?" 

"Nonsense- when I take these papers out you're all going to see a cloud of little ringlets. " Jo said with her head leaned back as she held onto the tongs. We giggled and Oliver purred on my lap, he wore his sweater I knit him.

Jo pulled the tongs out of Meg's hair and a whole ringlet of hair pulled out as well. We gasped and I held my hand over my mouth. Meg held the charred remains of her hair and continued to gasp. 

"Oh, Meg? Oh, no. I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! So so-" Jo apologized but her older sister interrupted her. 

"What have you done? Jo! What have you done? " Meg asked with shock as she stood up from her seat in front of the vanity. I gave Oliver to Amy and I stood up with her to examine Meg's remaining hair. 

"I did what you asked me to do! I curled your hair! " Jo said with a shaking voice. Meg began to cry as Jo put the curling iron down with force. "Why did you even ask me? You know I always ruin everything! " Jo exclaimed as she laid down on the bed with defeat and pity. 

"Oh, that's not true, Jo! " Beth said as she tried to comfort her sister.

"It is tonight! How can I go to the party without any hair? " Meg said as she continued to cry. 

"You still have plenty of hair that's really smooth and pretty. " Beth said as she went to Meg's side. 

"And it's not as though you're Jo, whose hair is her one beauty. " Amy added.

I gave her a disapproving look, looked back at Meg's hair, and said with reassurance, "Meg, I can pin it back and continue with the hairstyle you wanted! It will be completely hidden. " She wiped her tears and nodded while Jo groaned and fell backward onto the bed.

Jo, Meg, and I set off down the road to the party. I was wearing my favorite baby blue party dress with puffed shoulders and white lace, I even put my hair in a braided bun for the occasion! But I of course had to have my white tights under my petty coat even if it's not the fashion. It made me feel more comfortable, I was wearing a corset so I was already feeling stiff in my waist area...

I enjoy parties unlike Jo, I love dancing, dressing up, and for the most part, socializing with people. Well, the people that don't give me looks or judge me...

My mother was a very outgoing person who didn't mind what people thought about her. She did some things that a woman wouldn't normally do, like renovate the house, handle money, and ask more questions than others. 

People look down upon me because my mother died, they think that my mother and I are people who didn't care about ourselves or what we do and that my mother brought her illness upon herself. Like Aunt March for instance, except she knows the truth but still has her opinions... 

It's frustrating when you make conversation with them and they don't even consider you an equal, they somehow think they are better than me because I'm they think I'm an orphan. Yet I'm not an orphan because Marmee and Father adopted me... I try to remember that those kinds of people are most likely very unhappy and have nothing else that amuses them... At the end of the day, I mainly stick to myself or people I know at parties, but I do run into a friend from time to time. That's when I have enjoyable conversations!

"Does it look alright, Eliza, Jo? " Meg asked self-consciously, we stopped walking as Jo held her lantern near Meg's hair and Meg pulled her bonnet to show her hair. I pinned it where you couldn't tell that her hair was charred, that part was practically invisible. 

"It looks almost like you've invented a new fashion. " Jo said with a laugh, Meg scoffed and I giggled. 

"Meg, I promise your hair looks perfect! " I said with a smile, Meg smiled back and took my hand in hers as we continued walking down the street. 

"Would you like to swap a glove with me, Jo? " Meg asked Jo. 

My gloves were my mother's special ones, Jo and Meg knew this so they never bothered to ask to use them. 

"Mine are still creased and sticky. I could not get that lemonade out. " Jo said as she held her gloves up to show her. 

"I meant swap just one. So we can wear a smart glove, and carry one that's spoiled. " Meg said as she stretched hers. 

"Will it make you happy? " Jo asked. 

"Yes, it will. " Jo and Meg laughed as they exchanged one glove each. They continued to giggle to the point where I was giggling too.

We approached the stairs leading to the front door, I could hear the orchestra music playing from the inside. I took a deep breath as Jo stopped to ask Meg and I, "If I do anything really wrong, will you wink at me? " 

"I will do no such thing! I shall raise my eyebrows, That's much more ladylike. " Meg replied.

I added, "And I don't know party etiquette so I wouldn't be much help I'm afraid. " We laughed and continued to walk towards the door.

Around an hour later, I stood next to Jo as Meg was dancing with a young gentleman. We looked at the crowd and Meg raised her eyebrows at us. 

"What?" Jo whispered, "Smile! " Meg whispered as she continued to dance with the man. Jo sarcastically smiled and I giggled. I saw a group of two girls in the corner who I didn't recognize. 

"Jo! I'm going to talk to them. " I gestured to the girls and Jo raised an eyebrow. "I don't think they're from here. I'm going to try to make a new friend! " I said with enthusiasm. Jo nodded and looked back at the crowd while I looked at them. One of the girls whispered at the other once she caught my gaze, they both shared a dissatisfied look on their faces. I took a deep breath to regain my confidence and walked towards the girls.

{Death Mentioned Warning}

"Hello, I'm Eliza March. I don't think I've seen you two around here before. " I introduced myself with a smile. 

One of the girls raised an eyebrow, "I'm Ellen Alderdale, and this is my twin sister, Connie. We moved here a week ago and we already know plenty about you from our friends at school here. " 

I tried to hide my confusion, "Excuse me? " 

Connie scoffed, "We said we know plenty about you, from your mother's idiotic death to you leeching off of the March's hospitality for the past five years. The Marchs felt pity and adopted you. You pretend to be a helpless, kind, and innocent girl who can't bear to be in an orphanage like you should be." They exchanged sly smiles at my shocked expression. 

I took a deep breath and spoke sternly, "I'll have you know that my mother did not have an 'idiotic death', she had an unavoidable heart condition. And I'm not leeching off of the Marchs, they generously and graciously accepted me into their home after knowing the truth about what happened. You two who just assume that the lies you've heard are true... Now I'll take my leave, I prefer not to be around ignorant and rude company. " The girls wore shocked expressions as I walked away towards the retiring room.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and saw tears around the rims of my eyes. I took deep breaths to calm my nerves, but the tears just kept flowing. No matter how hard I tried not to let their harsh words affect me, it hurt my feelings. People thought that my mother's death was 'idiotic'. I scoffed at the thought as I wiped my eyes. The silent tears just wouldn't budge so I swiftly walked out of the retiring room, through the dance hall, and into the coat closet.

The small, worn, loveseat, squeaked as I sat down and continued to wipe my tears away. 

"Hello again. Oh, Eliza. Are you alright?" 

I gasped and looked up to see Laurie sitting across from me, I stood up."Oh goodness. I'm sorry, I'll leave you. "

"No, wait! You don't have to go. " He said looking up at me and I sat back down. "I assume you're not enjoying the party. " He said gesturing to my preexisting tears. 

"Oh, no. It's lovely, I just had a rude encounter with some girls. " I said as my tears finally dried. 

Laurie's eyebrows furrowed then he returned to his concerned expression and asked, "Would you like to talk about it? " 

My eyes widened, "Oh, thank you for the offer but I wouldn't want to ruin your evening with my emotions. " 

"Oh, no. Please, I'm all ears. It helps to talk about how you feel, I know from personal experience. " He said with a warm smile. 

I sighed and gave a summarized version of the story, "This girl Ellen Alderdale, and her sister Connie, are new to town and I decided to introduce myself. She spoke about how she knew plenty about me from people at school. Her sister continued to say that my mother's death was idiotic and that I was leeching off of my adopted family. The sisters believed that they only adopted me because they felt pity for me and that I should be in an orphanage where I belong. But they are terribly wrong, my mother had a genetic heart condition and I would never do such things... The Marchs were there for my mother and I when she fell ill and took care of us until my mother died five years ago. Mother, Marmee, and Father agreed that they would adopt me and I've been a part of their loving family ever since. I knew that people assumed these things about my mother and I but I didn't know that it was to this extent."

I looked down in defeat as my eyes began to water again. 

"Hey," Laurie said and I looked back at him. "People who think they know everything and insist that what they know is correct, are utterly horrendous. They have small, pea-sized minds who refuse to think about the other side of the story. " He laughed and I giggled. "I can already tell that the Alderdale sisters are people that you shouldn't bother with. " He added.

He continued to speak, "I'm sorry to hear about your mother, mine passed away this year and I never knew my father. " I nodded in understanding. "But I know that people will begin to forget the rumors. " Laurie said with reassurance. 

"I hope so. " I added. 

"Well, it seems that you already have good people in your life... And besides, I think you're a swell girl who I already know, doesn't leach off of people. " He said with a soft smile

{End of Trigger Warning}

I blushed slightly at his kind words, then he quietly groaned as he rubbed his temple. 

"Oh, are you alright? " I asked. 

"I just have a mild headache. " Laurie looked at me. 

"I do too. I think it's the crying and all the hairpins in my hair though..." We laughed. 

"I think I might have the grippe coming on. " He said with a smirk, we laughed again. 

"My little sister put so many hairpins into the point where I'm thinking that my hair can't even move a millimeter out of place. " I responded with a smile as I rubbed my head. 

"Is that the little dark one or the fair one? " Laurie asked. 

"The fair one. Do you know us all by sight?" I curiously asked. 

"We're neighbors. We ought to know each other's names. And when you sent the thank you letter for the supper, it just said Margaret, Josephine, Elizabeth, Amy, and Eliza March. I still don't know which one of you is which. " 

I took a deep breath. "I'm Eliza, but my family sometimes calls me Liz, I'm the same age as Jo. The oldest is Meg, she's very ladylike, then there's Jo whom you've already met, Beth or the dark one, she's very quiet, and Amy or the fair one, she's very hyper. " 

"I'm called Theodore, and I hate it. " He said with an open-mouthed grimace, I giggled and he continued. "The boys at school in Switzerland used to call me Dora. They changed to Laurie in the end, I made them. " 

I raised my eyebrows in surprise, "Did you learn French out there? My sister, Jo, loves French. " 

"Je suis venu ici, avec mon tuteur, mais il est dans la salle fumeuse avec les autres hommes- a discuter de la guerre. " He said in French. 

"I'm sorry, my sister is the French learner in the family. " I said with a giggle.

He translated, "I came here with my tutor. But he is in the smoking room with all the other men talking about the war. " 

"Oh, you have a tutor. Trying to become top in your class, are you? " I asked with a smirk. 

"Grandfather insisted. He wants me to go to Harvard, but my grades aren't what they need to be. " 

"I understand, I left school to work at home, but Amy still goes. " I noted, he nodded as Jo and Meg ran into the closet. 

"There you are! We have been looking everywhere for you! " Jo exclaimed as she looked between Laurie and I while holding Meg up. 

"I turned my ankle over in the Gallop, and I swear I heard a tearing sound! Oh. " Meg whined then she looked over at Laurie and smiled. I shot up from my seat and went over to her, Laurie stood up with me. 

"Uh, should I fetch ice? " He kindly offered.

Jo laughed, "You'll have to get a stretcher or we'll never get her home. "

Laurie and his tutor, Mr. Brooke generously offered us to ride in their carriage so we wouldn't have to walk. Mr. Brooke carried Meg to the door and I opened it. We all giggled as we stepped inside and Meg was placed on one of the steps of the staircase. Marmee opened the living room door to see all of us in the foyer, she wore a shocked expression on her face as she looked over us. "I was about to send Hannah to collect you. And I warned you about those high-heeled shoes. "

"It was a case of, 'Let us be elegant or die!' " Meg said with exaggeration.

Jo added, "She took them off in case she sprained the other ankle. " 

Meg softly laughed as Laurie came forward and introduced himself. "I'm Theodore Laurence- I live next door, and this is my tutor, Mr. Brooke, ma'am. " Meg and Jo were giggling and I shushed them. 

Mr. Brooke spoke up, "I helped Miss March into our carriage so she'd be spared the walk home. " 

Marmee looked over them and said, "Well, I thank you both for your extremely kind attentions. " Laurie nodded as he and Mr. Brooke left and closed the door behind them. Meg stifled a laugh as Jo and I stood there.

Marmee assisted Meg to her room as Jo and I went to ours. Once I shut the door I said, "I think Meg had too much punch! I had one glass and I don't feel a thing! " 

Jo had a shocked look on her face and said, "You had punch? It was wine in it! " 

"I know, but it was only one glass to calm my nerves. " I said with a smirk as she scoffed and Beth giggled. 

"My darling Eliza had punch and knew it was polluted with alcohol! " Jo said playfully shocked.

We changed into our nightdresses and I laid down in my bed that was still pushed against theirs. "There are three dolls on my side of the bed, Beth! Wasn't this one mine once? " 

I turned over and giggled as I saw Jo pick the doll up. "You broke the top off her head, and I found her in the rag bag. " Beth explained as she moved them over to lie down...

"I see that Laurence boy standing at the window looking down sometimes... Do you suppose he's lonely? " Beth asked as Jo and I looked out the window. 

"Yes, I do. " Jo responded.

I nodded, "I think he is now, but I think we girls and Laurie will be good friends soon. " 

Jo gasped, "You already have a nickname for him?" 

Beth and I giggled and I said, "He said he hates his actual name and he prefers to go by Laurie. " 

Jo sat down with her arms and legs crossed and said, "You two were in the coat closet talking to each other for a while. What were you doing? "

Beth, gasped and added, "You two were in a coat closet? "  

I scoffed, "We just talked about things, I had another rude encounter with those new girls who were told that my mother's death was idiotic, I'm leeching off of our family. He simply consoled me, that's all. " 

Beth and Jo frowned at first then Beth's face turned into pleasant shock and she said, "Laurie consoled you, he must really like you..." 

Jo's wore a furious expression. "I can't believe that those rumors are still going on after five years! It's infuriating! I'll go over to that school myself and tell them each and every one of them off!" Jo said as she threw her hands in the air. 

I softly smiled, scooted next to Jo, and said, "Jo, now that I've been home for a while, everyone will forget about it in due time."

Beth pulled the covers up to her chin. "Let's go to bed, it's freezing! " I pulled my quilt over myself and held my doll. 

After all these years, it still smells like my mother. She left behind some of her old perfume bottles so occasionally I'll give my doll a little spray of her favorite one. It smelled of wood, musk, and a hint of warm sugar, it's not a common scent for women, but mother loved it and so do I... The old bottles were still almost full because before we moved to Concord, she bought brand new ones, she didn't get to use them though...

I went to bed happy that night, even though I had that rude experience with the Alderdale girls, I did make a new friend...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.7K 24
'๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘œ ๐™„๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™Ž๐™ฃ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ' 'Well ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™–๐™ก ' โ™ก๏ธŽ Theodore Laurence...
1.8K 60 8
"I will never understand why you hideaway, for it's you that I never want to hide from." Monica Elwein sees herself as second to Jo March. Despite t...
22.2K 426 44
After events of BOOK 1, Emma is adjusting back to normal after loosing Peter. Life isn't easy for her; being regular school by day and crime fighting...
9.5K 127 16
Ma chรฉrie: French for my darling. In the 1860s as the Civil War was being fought, fifteen year old Emmeline Rogers moved in with the Laurence's, fam...