The Twin Rabbits (Yuki Sohma)

By larkobean

Katsumi Sohma is the little twin sister to Momiji Sohma, like her brother, she is possessed by the year of th... More

Prologue
How Do You Just Stop Talking?
YES, Please Cook!
I Too Am A Rodent.
Without You In It
Twins Are Cute
Sorry I Pissed You Off
Kyon-Kyon, Ich Liebe Dich
Garbage Collection Day?
Wen-Den, What?
Tomorrow, Then
What is That Look For?
Jason's Here?! (Part One)
Jason's Here?! (Part Two)
A Little Warning
No, You're Puurrfect.
Everyone's An Idiot...
Huh? 'They' Who?
Prove Your Prowess
To Thine Own Self Be True
At What Cost?
Sit There and Do Nothing
Yuki, Stop!
Ah Whatever, Come 'Ere Kid
You've Endured So Much Pain
Eat A Well Balanced Breakfast!
AUTHORS NOTE
How Could You Forget?
A Pitch Black World

Here For You!

3.9K 104 23
By larkobean

The morning of the parent-teacher conference rolled around, and Katsumi awoke with a dull-ache throbbing through her body. Although she had begun to heal, she still relied pretty heavily on pain medication to manage throughout the day. As it seemed, Akito had done a pretty good number on her this time. Had she not sought out Haru, Katsumi feared she would not be alive today. She was fortunate that the adults stepped in, and removed Katsumi from Akito's home by force; however, her heart remained guilty that they also had to endure the backlash. She felt foolish for agreeing to go back in the first place, if she hadn't been so focused on herself and the bitter jealousy she felt of the relationship between Yuki and Tohru- then nobody would have gotten hurt in the first place. Katsumi let out a sigh, running her hands through her thick blonde hair. Shigure had told her countless times to stop worrying about it, but she just couldn't push past the guilt that barred down on her fragile heart. She ran her hand over her tired face, before pulling herself out of bed- she didn't have the time to sulk around in bed all morning, today Shigure would be attending school with her as her guardian. Katsumi quickly dressed into her school uniform, and drew open the curtains, frowning at the seemingly downcast day. The sky was covered with an overcast of dark grey clouds, that promised rain at any moment. She supposed if she were going to bring an umbrella to school, today would be that day. It seemed that today was just yet another promise of gloom. The morning routine was the same as every other day, and soon after they had devoured the breakfast that Tohru had kindly made up for them- the four teens, and Shigure were off to the school.

Tohru's interview was first that morning, leaving Katsumi alone in the hall as she read her book. It seemed that Tohru's interview had ended, shortly after it had begun. She wondered if hers would be that quick. Katsumi silently got to her feet, nodding happily too Tohru as they passed each other. The tension in the room was nearly unbearable, was this all between her teacher and Shigure?

"H-Hello, thank you for waiting for me. I'm ready to start whenever now," she managed to stuttered out in an attempt to end the dispute. Upon hearing her voice, the two adults snapped out of their vicious staring contest, and turned their attention to her with cheerful, yet obviously fake smiles.

"Ahh, Katsumi good to see you. Then why don't we start right away," Mayu-Sensei said, as she picked up the white book with her post-secondary idealisms written down on it. "Let's see, you plan to go to University to study to become an elementary teacher?"

"Yes, that's right." Katsumi agreed simply with a nod, her hands fiddling nervously in her lap. She knew well that is was her dream to become a teacher, however, due to the curse she wouldn't be able to follow through with that idealism.

"I see you haven't applied for any scholarships, you know there is some you could still apply for this late in the year." Her teacher advised her in a calm voice, looking up at her curiously.

"Oh, well... No thank you, I'd rather take my chances next year." She disagreed, waving her hands in an uncomfortable manner. "With everything I've been through this year, I'd rather just focus on the path that is in the near feature."

"That's completely understandable, Katsumi. Well, let's say that's it for now. I support your plans Katusmi, and I really do things end up better for you in the next year to come." Mayu-Sensei told her, before signing her paper and sliding it across the table for her to take.

"Thank you Mayu-Sensei, I sincerely hope so as well." Katsumi agreed, before grabbing her elder cousins hand and dragging him out of the classroom before he could cause farther ruckus. Closing the door behind them, Katsumi found herself letting out a breath that she hadn't been aware she was holding. It felt so strange for her to talk about a future as she if she had one, it made her heart hurt. A future. That wasn't the case for her, once every one of the other zodiacs graduate... That was it for her, she would return to the Estate and spend the rest of her life in the miserable grasp of Akito. Katsumi clutched the front of her uniform, the racing of her heart made her chest hurt. She truly feared spending the rest of her life locked behind the heavy wooden gates of the Sohma Estate, this wasn't the future she wanted for herself... No. this wasn't the future that Katsumi wanted for anyone of the other Sohma's, however, it was the fate that they had to embrace. Be it a kind future, or not... It was what ticking time had in store for them.

"Yoohoo, Katsumi. What on earth is going on inside that head of yours? I've been talking to you for quite sometime now." Shigure called, waving his hand in front of her face. Blinking her large brown eyes, she looked up at him curiously her blonde hair falling over her shoulder in a curtain of velvet locks.

"I'm sorry Shigure, what was that?" Katsumi questioned quietly, tilting her head to the side as she awaited her elder cousins response. He chuckled lightly, placing a large hand down on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her.

"There's no need to worry about what has yet to come, for now, why don't you just enjoy what life has to offer you as it comes." The black-haired dog advised, leaning down to look into her eyes with a comforting smile.

"It will be harder for others, such as Kyo." She told him, once against bunching the soft fabric of her shirt in her hands as a wave of guilt washed over her. "It's my fault Shigure, if only I hadn't been such a wimp... Then Kyo would be free of what is set in stone for him-"

"Don't be so stupid, I'd rather spend what little time I have left with you and Tohru." His rough voice called out to her, making her spin around in surprised. The ill-tempered boy stomped over to her, and placed his large hand atop he head to ruffle her hair.

"Everyone'd been lookin for you, were all goin back to our place to eat somen. Come on now, rat-boy won't leave until you do." Kyo grumbled, as he tightened his grip on her head and dragged her towards their friends.

I'd rather spend what little time I have left with you, and Tohru.

That sad sentence he spoke to her, held an abundance of raw sincerity. So much in fact, that Katsumi could only take his words and hold them close to her heart.

That's not a future I wish to accept, Kyo... Not for Yuki, you, or myself.

~~~~

Everyone gathered into the small living room of their house that evening, while the group was small it seemed that everyone was more lively than ever. Their laughter seemed a bit louder, and their smiles all the more wider. Katsumi wasn't sure what happened to each of them in their own conference, but it seemed that it weighed down on all their hearts today. For the Sohma's, and Tohru it provided as a reminder that their freedom was only coming closer to an end. Katsumi volunteered to cook for Tohru, allowing the three friends to enjoy a sweet evening together- truthfully, she was hoping it would provide her some alone time to reflect on her thoughts. Though it seemed that Yuki had somehow become aware that something heavy burdened her thoughts, as he announced that he would accompany her.

"Huh?" Yuki murmured in his usual soft tone, bringing Katsumi out of her thoughts. His grey eyes were wide, and an uncomfortable look crossed his face. She tilted her head to the side, meeting his eyes with a questioning look. "Wait, you're telling me that Hanajima likes Sensei?"

"Hana-Chan likes Sensei?" Katsumi mimicked, her brown eyes darting to the lovestruck girl.

"Although, I don't know how I feel about him having an older child." The dark-haired girl murmured out, her hand pressed to her cheek as she spoke.

"I'm sure you'll be one big happy family. Won't cha?" Uo-Chan cooed in a teasing tone, while smacking Kyo on the shoulder. Katsumi couldn't help but laugh at the thought of Sensei, and Hana-Chan raising Kyo.

"Goodness," she chuckled, "Kyo you could have a cool, young mother."

"I hate you all," he groaned.

"Hang on a sec, doesn't the man in question get a say?" Shigure called, as he looked up from the newspaper to gawk at the gossiping teens.

"Of course not Shi-Chan, don't you know anything?" Katsumi huffed out in a teasing tone, her brown eyes twinkling in amusement. "The wife is always right."

"Mm-mm, wise words from a woman. Are you taking notes, Yuki? How to keep your gal happy." Shigure mused, tapping his chin.

"Katsumi is a pretty simple girl to keep happy," Yuki tease, "give her sweets."

"Mhm! He's not wrong, I do like my sweets." She agreed with a nod, before resting her head on his shoulder with a goofy smile.

"Not that you need anymore fuel to your energy," he murmured to her.

"Hush you, let me have my sweets."

~ ~ ~ ~

After saying their goodbyes the girls had parted ways to head home for the night, leaving the Sohma's to their own devices. As usual, Katsumi had curled up beneath the covers of her cozy bed with the book that Yuki had lent her in hand. Stretching her arms above her head, she let out a tired yawn and looked towards Tohru who was reviewing some notes for class.

"Tohru, I'm going to make some tea. Would you like some?" She called out softly as she set aside her book, and stood from her bed.

"Oh, yes. I'd love some. Perfect thing to keep me awake a bit longer to study." Her friend replied in her usual chipper tone, despite the tired look worn on her face.

"Good idea, I'll be back in a moment." With that said, Katsumi excused herself from their bedroom and padded downstairs to heat up some water. As she rounded the corner, she found Yuki slouched against the wall, the phone in his hand repeating the same empty-toned beep. Tilting her head to the side, she bounded down the last steps and place her hands softly against either side of his face. A soft gasp escaped his lips, as his wide grey eyes met her own.

"Yuki, is something the matter?" Katsumi asked him softly, before releasing his head and taking the phone to return it to its cradle. Yuki gripped the soft fabric of her long sleeve tightly into his trembling hands, and ducked his head into his shoulder.

"Everything is turning dark again," he told her. His voice lacking the his usual warm, and gentle tone. Katsumi understood what he meant though, to her those words were as clear as day. The of sinking, and the empty feeling that pitted in your stomach as your mind continue to resent itself for breathing. Katsumi captured his large hand into hers, and lead him into the kitchen so she could heat the water for some tea- and while she no longer wished to continue to read, tea did seem like an appropriate drink to soothe Yuki's aching heart. Katsumi glanced at her partner from the corner of her eye, and felt her heart break. He sat slumped over the kitchen table, with his head buried into his hands. He must be antagonizing himself again. After lighting a small flame over the stove, she tapped him lightly on the shoulder and pulled him lightly to his feet. Katsumi placed her hand softly against his cheek, her brown eyes staring into his sad ones. She didn't know what was bothering him, but every fibre of her being wanted to be the one who resolved the aching in his heart, just had he had for her. Standing on the tips of her toes, Katsumi felt her eyes flutter shut as she pressed a soft kiss to his lips- which seemed to breathe life back into him. Yuki inhaled sharply, before closing his eyes and leaning into her touch.

"Talk to me, Yuki. Tell me what's wrong, let me help you." She murmured against his lips, before opening her large brown eyes. He pulled away from their kiss, and looked fondly down at Katsumi. A large sigh escaping his frowning lips, before Yuki took her hand softly into his, and lead them into the living room. He seated them down at the table, and pulled her back against his chest. He dropped his head down onto her shoulder, and held her tightly against him- soaking in her reassurance as he began to speak.

"I heard my mother voice over the phone. As sharp, and as cold as it was in person- and just like that, those feelings came rushing back. I'm sinking. I'm falling. Everything is turning dark again. Katsumi, I'm scared. I don't know what to do." His soft voice broke as he spoke to her, his arms tightening around torso.

"Yuki..." Katsumi murmured, before pressing a soft kiss to the hand that she held. "It's okay to be scared, you don't have to be positive all the time. It's perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, frustrated, scared, or anxious. Having feelings doesn't make you a negative person. It makes you human. Also, Yuki, you're not alone anymore. I'm here for you, and while I may not be able to solve all your unrelenting feelings, you won't have to face them alone. I can't undo what has been done, but I can I hold you if you need to break down." She tugged herself free from his vice grip, and turned around to face him. Placing two fingers beneath his chin, she tilted his head up so his teary eyes looked into hers. Katusmi placed a soft kiss to his forehead, then smiled at him. "Tomorrow, when you see her for your parent-teacher conference, I'll be right there beside you. Okay? I won't let you be alone anymore, and I'll be brave for you when you can't be. "

"Katsumi..." He murmured, as a small tear dripped down his cheek.

"I love you, Yuki!" She chirped, with a bright smile.

"I love you too, Katsumi. Thank you." Yuki murmured, while Katsumi used the sleeve of her shirt to wipe away his tears.

~ ~ ~ ~

Heeeeyoooo guys, so sorry for taking so long to update!

I am not dead!

Things have been really tough for me lately, as a lot of things in my life suddenly changed. As a result I've been struggling pretty badly with my mental health, but I'm trying to get things back on track. Although I have updated, I cannot promise that my chapter will be released as consistently as they used to be, and they might not be as good. However, I do promise to see this book through till the end. The others as well, but as of now- I will only be focusing on this one.

Thank you for sticking with me! I love you all soooo much. I apologize if the following chapters to come suck, but I am trying my best.

Sincerely, your Author-Chan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 5K 60
"𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦?" 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴, 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦�...
274K 8.5K 43
[Y/n] Honda is Tohru's adopted sister. She never knew who her real family was nor did it matter to her. She had Tohru and Kyoko, so she was happy. Bu...
75.6K 2K 35
One night, you decided that you wanted to run away. You snuck into the kitchen and stuffed a banana, some bread, and a few apples into your backpack...
11.9K 179 17
(Fruits Basket Fanfiction)After Tohru tries to convince Akito to break the curse. She falls off a cliff and also loses all of her memories. This incl...