Held By The Neck | Lee Eunhyuk

By biancalolou

Hideous. Ugly. Scarred. Tainted. Failure. Broken. Unloved. Alone. Alone. Used. Worthless. Disappointment. Voi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
hi
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 23

7.7K 324 143
By biancalolou

"Let's just go, please?" I asked them since Hyunsu kept on insisting that he interrupted something.

Now that I think about it, it's good timing that Hyunsu did what he just did. Eunyuk and I aren't together anymore so suddenly kissing would be weird. And the fact that I'm infected adds something on my list of why I shouldn't date him anymore even though I wanted to, especially when he still messages me from time to time to ask if I'm okay.

"Follow me." Eunhyuk said and guided us towards a pair of double door which multiple furnitures were stacked against it as a barricade, A person is guarding it as well.

The stairs, fire exit.

There's also another tall person in front of it, just looking at the door.

He looks very intimidating if I say so myself. All I could see was his back. He's wearing a brown and green long sleeved button up and brown pants. His hands are in his pocket and even if he's just standing there, I know that he's not someone to be taken lightly.

"Move." I heard the man say with a gruff voice to the person guarding it.

"He's the one we saw on the stairs." Hyunsu told me, quietly but I looked at him confused so he just sighed, "Before you fainted." he added.

Recognition dawned on my face. I couldn't really remember his face that much because I was close to fainting at the time I first saw him.

"I... No, you can't..." the man guarding the door said, trying to look away at the man because of the scary aura he exudes.

"Open the door." the man said once more in a calm but commanding manner.

I wonder why does he want to go where the monsters are lurking.

Eunhyuk left our side and went towards them.

"Is this okay? To let him out?" the man asked Eunhyuk, still not guarding the door.

"I don't think we can stop him."Eunhyuk answered in calm voice.

"You're not supposed to go out the-" the man who's guarding the door said, standing up but the man who wanted to go already stepped towards the makeshift barricade, throwing the furnitures at the ground.

A few seconds passed, and he was able to open the double doors with a loud screeching sound.

The man went to the stairs without even glancing at anyone and I turned to follow him.

I was two steps away from the stairs when I remembered that I don't have my nunchucks with me so I turned to get it from Hyunsu but when I looked at him, Eunhyuk was whispering something to him.

After Eunhyuk was done with what he was saying, Hyunsu's face turned pale.

I walked towards them and took my nunchucks that was hanging on Hyunsu's neck.

I didn't ask about what Eunhyuk said to Hyunsu because there's probably a reason why he only told Hyunsu but curiosity got the best of me. I'll try to ask Hyunsu later when we have time.

We heard the door close so we started our way towards the 14th floor.

I can feel Hyunsu's tense movement beside me.

"You good?" I asked him quietly, gripping my weapon and pushing the buttons.

"No." he gulped and I nodded in understanding.

I don't feel good as well. Eunhyuk literally just put us on a suicide mission but I'm not really complaining. They need Mr. Han. And the children as well. They need better protection.

My breathing was starting to get shorter because we have to move fast to avoid monsters.

The man who went before us was also climbing up.

Then suddenly, I heard it.

Ringing.

There's a monster near us.

I looked at Hyunsu with wide eyes, realizing the danger.

We looked at the man but he just kept on climbing the stairs then it hit me.

"He doesn't know!" I whispered to Hyunsu then ran towards the man, Hyunsu following closely behind.

We reached the 7th floor and the next thing I knew, the man, Hyunsu and I found ourselves battling a monster.

Hyunsu and I stabbed and stabbed the monster repeatedly while the man hacked it with an axe he found lying on the ground.

But the monster we're facing is huge, not as huge as Mr. Protein bar but still huge.

It has two head swiveling its direction everywhere, seeing all of our moves and that puts us in a major disadvantage.

We did manage to sneak a few hits.

Both heads of the monster were preoccupied with Hyunsu and the man so I creeped silently against the wall and tried to go near it.

Thankfully, I managed to walk behind it without it noticing me.

I gripped both handles with the knife on the end and stabbed it hard, electrocuting the monster.

I climbed the monsters back with my weapon, sinking it repeatedly on its back, weakening it.

My sight suddenly went black then back to normal. Just like when Eunhyuk and the people on the first floor were in the middle of voting.

A smile crept to my face and I was craving for something to fall on the ground, specifically, the monster we're trying to kill.

My eyes found Hyunsu's and saw that his were pitch black like mine.

Monsters.

Weirdly though, we can still think clearly and move accordingly just like before but every senses enhanced. There's also a dark feeling trailing us with every movement we make and it gives us pleasure.

I pulled the my weapon from where I just sunk it then plunged it on both of its head, the monster howling with pain and slumping on the ground.

With a great pull on my nunchucks, I laughed maniacally but the victory was too short because the monster grabbed my head and lunged my towards the double doors leading to the stairs but with Hyunsu in the way, he was hit by my body.

As the impact of being thrown down, my eyes went back to normal.

I grabbed the railings and held it with dear life.

Adrenaline was still coursing through me so I forcefully pulled Hyunsu on his feet then looked around.

The man that we were with was staring at us. At me.

His stare was definitely scrutinizing and with his hand grasping the axe, he looked more intimidating.

Once he stopped looking at me, he went to where we were and climbed up.

I quickly followed him, still holding on Hyunsu.

We got to the 10th floor and when I looked at the double doors, I heard it again.

Ringing.

Since the man doesn't have any equipment to know if a monster is near, he didn't stop.

But Hyunsu and I did.

I let go of Hyunsu and the moment I did, I felt my eyes turn to pitch black for the second time today.

I craned my neck, hearing bones pop.

The man probably got curious as to why we weren't following him anymore and turned to look at us.

Hyunsu stepped forward him with a smile, "I think there's a monster here. Let's kill it. We can kill it. You saw how she managed to take down the one from earlier." he said then pointed at me.

I felt a sickening gratitude because of what he said but that made me smile wider.

Hyunsu shot me a creepy smile and I returned it.

He opened the door and went inside.

There was a massive wave of heat that welcomed us but Hyunsu didn't mind that.

I turned to the man and waved at him playfully but before I went in I spoke to him.

"You're scared, aren't you? To die. What a pussy." I gloated at him, waving my weapon then followed Hyunsu but before I could even take a step, he pulled me

Hyunsu got pulled as well.

The man's eyes were blazing with rage.

The next thing I knew, I was doubled up in pain because he just punched me in the gut. Hard

Fucking maniac.

But it did help in some way.

The dark feeling was gone and I was back to normal.

If a punch was the only way for me to be put back to normal then please do it as much as you like great sire.

He turned away from us and before I could see the thing itself, the man was pulled inside the room by a large hand.

I shouted in shock and stood back up, Hyunsu behind me.

We entered the room on fire.

Yes.

Fire.

The whole corridor is on fucking fire.

I looked at the front and didn't saw the man.

"Let's go around!" Hyunsu shouted, his arm covering his nose and I did the same.

My nunchucks swinging along with every step I take and with the knife part sticking out, I could feel it cutting on my shoulders and collarbone.

Hyunsu and I reached the corner and turned right.

I was looking everywhere, shouting for the man to reply to our calls but something came at us with a speed so fast we barely saw it.

But there was definitely something.

Hyunsu and I were on the floor because of that disturbance.

I saw something move on my left so I turned to look at it, Hyunsu following my eyes.

There was a figure standing in the middle of a corridor. Without a second wasted, it ran towards Hyunsu and I but then it suddenly got on fire making it miss us buy a few centimeters.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked, trying not to breathe too much of the smoke.

"Hey." Hyunsu nodded towards the corridor and we saw two silhouettes walking towards us but because of the thick smoke, we could barely see them.

It was a girl and an old man.

When they say us, the girl raised her crossbow and pointed it at us.

Yes, a fucking crossbow.

Who the fuck has crossbows sitting in their houses in this age.

But I'm not one to talk for fucks sake, I bring a fucking nunchuks everywhere I go.

"Be careful." the girl said.

They have something covering their mouths for protection.

Lucky them.

Hyunsu took a cautious step towards them and I just let him.

"Who's there?" the old man asked.

They couldn't see us much that much because of this damn smoke.

I'm going to fucking grill whoever set this place on fire.

The smoke cleared a bit and then they finally saw us. Bloodied up because of the battle with a two headed monster.

The girl lowered her crossbow and looked at us with a calculating gaze but I wasn't looking at them.

I got distracted by someone passed out in a sitting position near our feet.

It was the man we were with and across his lap was the huge hand that just grabbed him.

"Hyunsu..." I called out, calling his attention.

The girl followed our gaze and when he saw the man, she immediately went towards him and checked his pulse.

"He's alive." she stated, looking at the old man.

The old man looked shock.

"The monster left him alive?" he asked, eyes wide with the information.

Hyunsu tugged on my sleeve.

When I looked at him to ask him what's wrong, I saw his face go pale.

I peered at his face and saw that he's looking at something.

I turned my head to look at what he's so shocked to see and I can't help but let out a gasp with what I saw.

The room Hyunsu was staring in have multiple bodies piled inside.

Dead.

Charred.

My eyes couldn't take the scene and I turned away.

There's so many people that lost their lives here.

"What are you both doing?" the girl suddenly questioned.

Hyunsu and I looked at her and shook our heads.

She looked at Hyunsu and nodded her head towards the man.

"Help me pick him up." she said, putting the man's arms around her shoulders.

I took a step forward and was about to offer my help but she pointed her hand at me.

"You're injured." she told me, pointing at my leg which I just noticed.

My leg has a really huge gash but when I look at it closely, it's starting to heal by itself. Slowly.

"I'm okay. I can hel-"

"You can help by putting away your weapon. Your upper body is full of cuts and you're a bloodier mess than this guy." she cut me off and pointed at the man her and Hyunsu are now supporting.

I glanced at my shirt and saw I do look like a bloody mess. I pushed the button on my nunchucks and the knife went inside the handle.

"Can you carry my crossbow for me?" she requested, holding out her crossbow for me to take.

I nodded timidly and took it out of her hands but she didn't let me take it yet.

"Don't try and shoot us, please." she stared at me and I nodded once more as an answer.

"We're going to go to my place for you three to rest." the old man said and walked off and we followed him.

There was silence the whole way we went to their unit.

When we got there, Hyunsu and the girl laid the man on a pile of blankets.

She moved quickly.

She cleaned up the blood on the man's face and treated his wound.

"His wound keeps on bleeding out." she whispered to herself.

After I put the crossbow down, Hyunsu and I just stood there, not knowing what to do.

The old man took notice of us and pointed at a clean space.

"You can both sit there." he instructed.

I gave him a smile as a thank you and followed his instruction, Hyunsu doing the same.

"You can stop gripping that bottle full of fuel now. You might set this place on fire as well." the girl said to the old man.

I looked at the old man's hand there was indeed an bottle full of liquid inside.

He's the one who set the whole corridor on fire.

When I said that I'd grill the person who set the floor on fire, I didn't mean that. It was just an expression.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 7.9K 42
❛ You are calling us 'monsters'?! ❜ ©KSBBAA18 Do not copy it or remake it. Thank you. ★Started : 22 May 2019 ★Ended : 16 March 2020
2.7K 74 20
SEASON 1 ✅ SEASON 2 ✅ SEASON 3 ?? Eun-hyeok, I know your feeling a lot of pressure. Your the leader of this survivor group and its weighing on you. Y...
20.8K 1.4K 39
A year ago, In Seong fucked up. Or, well, netizens thoughts he fucked up. It had been a year since a rumor ruined his life, ruined the career that...
1K 65 14
The world suddenly changes when the people start turning into monsters. No one knows why, and no one is safe. The residents of the Green Home apartme...