Death Wish | Finn Wolfhard

By nesquickfinnie

y/n and Finn put the pieces of his life back together after the demise of his wife. [ finn wolfhard x fem!rea... More

❝ death wish ❞
──CHARACTERS──
001; love, mills
002; drinks and old friends
003; we meet again
004; love, loss, and legacy
006; Avery
007; the ultimatum
008; the ultimatum pt. 2
009; batter up
010; just like old times
011; out sick
012: my person
013; major role
014; the ghost of you
015; fast wheels
016; irreplaceable
017; minor inconvenience
018; patience
019; out of the woods
020; surprise visit
021; birthday boy
022; you just got served
023; lost boy
024; hate to see your heart break
025; I'm bad news
026; make it right
027; the fundraising night
028; who wants to be a godparent
029; sign of the times
030; a hard day's night
031; miles away
032; cruel summer
033; lie on water
034; words are just words
035; obligations
036; (no) offerings
037: play this when I'm gone
038; line without a hook
039; for lifers
040; bestie nuptials
041; something new
042; pity party
043; blast from the past
044; trailer read?
045; from right here
046; meant to be
047; wildest dreams
048; welcome home
049; brighter
050; new beginnings
051; how I met your father
052; yellow
053; better together
054; happiest place
055; end of an era
a/n ❤️
056; wait, what?
057; dream a little dream of me
058; chances
059; biological clock
060; the decision
061; last forever
062; this side of paradise
063; sanctuary
064; world's best...
065; take me home
066; LIFELONG WISH
DW CANONVERSE MEMES
💌

005; major problem

3K 104 182
By nesquickfinnie

。\|/。

chapter 5

major problem

。/|\。

Y/n

Grief comes in it's own time for everyone in it's own way. So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.

The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it. The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes and let it go when we can.

"Oh this is beautiful. Really elegant. Can Cylia wear this??" Jack says, holding up one of my designs.

I chuckled, walking over to him on the marble countertop. "I haven't even made it yet! But I'd be happy to let her model it when I'm done." I say. "Oh my gosh, yes that's nice!" Enya agrees with awe.

"You heard from Dogsoft yet?" She asks. 

"Yeah, about that, nah." I spoke before blowing raspberries.

"I'm sorry." They both frown.

"Oh don't give me that pity look, I'm fine." I scoff.

"It's been three months though." Jack point out, and Enya nodded in agreement.

"Let him grieve. It's fine. He can show up now, he can show up in six years, I honestly don't care." I stated.

"Well, I gotta get going. Bye you two." Enya threw a sling bag over her shoulder before heading for the door.

I sighed, joining Jack on the kitchen seats. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but filming is actually amazing. I kind of miss it." I spoke.

"If only my stupid father didn't treat me as his promotion material, I would've actually enjoyed acting." I reach for a wine glass.

"Buh buh buh buh– you're doing it again. You're letting Arthur get into your nerves again." Jack took the wine glass away from my hand.

"I'm so sorry you didn't have the nicest of experience in the industry, I know how much you loved acting. But if you ever do decide to come back, I'm here for support." Jack cheers before his phone dings.

"Oh no I gotta get going too. They need me at home." He hopped off the seat and placed a kiss on my head.

"See you ugly." I yelled. "Love you too!" Was the last thing I heard from him before the door slammed shut.

and just like that, I was all alone again. I gathered all my designs, piling them in a folder before heading to my bedroom for a big fat nap.

I started to stir awake from my slumber as a continuous series of doorbell burst through my front door. 

6:37 PM

How long was I out?

I gently swing my body and helped myself get up from the bed, tidying up and stretching a little bit before leaving my room.

"A minute!" I yell, still attempting to look decent before opening the main door, at the same time curious with who could be stopping by around this time.

"Hey." Finn now stood before me with his hands in his pockets. My heart jumps at the sight of him, slightly bummed that he came by on the wrong time.

"Hi..." I greet in surprise.

"I believe I owe you an apology." He conceded. "Wait, uh...come in." I swing the door open for him and walked ourselves into the living room.

I can't even remember the last time he was in this place...

"I'm so sorry for acting like– Don't apologize for how you acted. Your feelings are totally valid and I understand what you're going through. I'm not upset." I cut him off.

Finn politely smiled before taking a seat on the sofa, sitting up straight and palms rested above his knees as if it was his first time in this place.

"Thank you." "Of course." I smile back.

"Wanna talk over dinner?" He offers, raising a brow. "I'd like that." I replied. "But I just woke up and I look like a mess right now, do you mind waiting for me??" I ask.

"Not at all." Finn politely agreed.

Finn

Nostalgia is the heart's way of reminding you of something you once loved. It travels in many forms— on a song, a scent, or photographs.

But for me, it was this whole place.  I have very fond memories from my younger years in this apartment.

This house is open for anyone who needed it; Y/N is very welcoming, amd her apartment became like our own little church. Everyone loved it here.

But no matter how nostalgia comes to you, it will always have the same bittersweet taste.

It pains me that I do not remember the last time I was here.

As I wait for Y/N to get ready, my eyes landed on one of the shelves on the wall. Curiosity took over me as I subconsciously walked over the shelf, examining the photos and items laid on it.

I know this place by heart. I can perfectly walk around this apartment with a blindfold on. Yet, I somehow forgot what items were displayed on this particular shelf.

There was a framed picture of our friend group in our favorite bar, taken in a film camera.

Taking the frame in my hands, I smiled as old memories of my best friends came rushing back. Oh, to be young again.

Until my eye land on a stack of books, spotting one in particular.

"the finn and y/n"

I tilted my head, gently placing the frame back on its place and pulling the photo book from the case. I remember giving Y/N this collection of my favorite photos of us for her 18th birthday.

And just before I could open the photo book, I heard the bathroom door being opened. I immediately chucked the item back into its place and head  back to the couch.

Y/N and Finn had made it to his car before driving to a dinner place. Finn is trying his best not to lash out again like the last time.

"How's Avery?" Y/N asks. "Still coming to terms about Millie, but doing okay. He's in daycare right now." He replied. "Great."

Silence fell upon the vehicle, only the sound of the wheels spinning on the road could be heard until Finn spoke up, spotting a stray dog on the road. "Snitch dog!" He points. "Snitch dog!" Y/N yells too late.

Finn laughs, resting his hand back on the steering wheel. "That game never gets old." He snort. "I can't play snitch dog in France, there are zero stray dogs in there." Y/N says. "Well, welcome home then." Finn remarks.

"I have a friend in there that is literally a female version of Wyatt! It's like I never left." She says.

"Ooo, a chick Wyatt, that's interesting." Finn nods. "It is." Y/N agreed. "Have a picture?" Finn wonders. "I'll show you there." She replied. Finn cheers a faint "Yes!" causing Y/N to smile, a part of her hoping that a part of the Finn she knew was still in there.

"Oh! have you visited The Lounge? I haven't been there in ages." He asked. 

"I was actually there with Jack a few weeks back. The place didn't change much. and I'm sorry to break it to you but the chicken wings tasted so much different." Y/N says. the Chicken Wings there was Finn's favorite.

"NOOO! Was it good different or bad different??!" Finn asked. "I don't know, you're the judge of that." "Aw, man!" Finn playfully hits the steering wheel.

and just like on cue, a song on the radio started playing. Not just any song, but one of Finn and Y/n's favorites.

The intro started playing, causing the pair to slowly look at each other.

"Oh, babyyyyy!!!! Oh man!!!!" They sang together, as if they were having a performance.

As cliché at it sounds, this track held a special place in them and they just couldn't help but vibe every time they hear the song.

"You're my, my, my, my kind of woman!!!" Finn sings. "And I'm down on my hands and kneeees begging you please, baby, show me your world." Y/N joined in, vibing with Finn.

The two burst out in laughter as they finally pulled over in front of the resto. "We still got the voice." Finn says. "TRUE." Y/N agrees, opening her side of the door before they enter the diner.

Y/n

"You got beat up by a goat?!" Finn asks. "I got beat up by a goat." I chuckled.

"I was in Spain for an event and there was a farm. My superior thought it would be cool if we went in the pit to take photos. So we went for it. spoilers– I got beat up by a goat." I tell.

"You got beat up by a goat!" Finn laughed in disbelief. "Yeah." I laugh along with him.

"So after that, I decided to just do studio work rather than travelling a lot. You know, to stay put for a while." Finn nods.

"So now you're in the City full-time, we'll see more of you?" I nodded before taking a sip from my wine.

"Good, good. Cause it's just....it feels like everything's going by so fast!" Finn implored.

"I know, I think about that all the time." I agree, twirling the fork around the strings of spaghetti.

"I think about all those memories, all those nights at The Lounge Bar....I mean, how did we end up here?" He exclaims.

"I know, I'm going crazy thinking about it too." I chuckled. "Yeah...." Finn and I stay in silence for a second, taking time to finish our own meals.

"Um, any children?" Finn wonders.

When the two of you had discussed it a life time ago, you were still on the fence. Finn, however, wanted a family. but again, that was a long time ago.

"No." You answer with a smile. "I was with someone in France. We tried at some point, but didn't happen." You answered.

"Oh, sorry." Finn's gaze intensifies.

"Eh, it's okay. Maybe it's a sign that he wasn't the right person for me to have a family with." You shrug.

Finn nodded, getting a hint that you may have changed your feelings about having a family.

"I wanted more." Finn tells you. "Millie was always frail, pregnancy was hard on her."

"Then why risk it?" You ask.

Finn sighs, looking out the window, at the over pastel sky. "She wanted to give me a family. I loved her for it. But it risked her life."

You nod, "That makes sense... So where's everyone else on the meal rotation?"

Finn chuckled, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "No, no widow food. I'm fine." He says. "There were like seventy trays of casserole at home after the funeral." He added.

"I'm sorry, Finn. I really am." You genuinely wish you could comfort him. "I still don't understand why she chose me." You profess.

"Millie was a big hopeless romantic. And in her eyes...you are the one that got away." Finn explains, looking at the wedding band on his left ring finger.

"We were best friends." You chuckled, hiding the pang of sadness that took over your chest.

"I understand it's inappropriate to send someone who hardly knows you a letter, asking them to move part way round the world, and 'marry your husband.' Only my wife was dying, I couldn't tell her no." He pauses, to collect himself. 

"You don't owe me anything Y/N, you don't owe her anything." He says.

"Finn wait-" "I'm sorry for bothering." He spoke. 

"Alright, you need to stop doing that."

"Doing what?" Finn asks.

"Telling me how I feel! Don't I get to say something?" You spoke up.

"When I first read the letter, I felt like, some sort of... rescue team! a freaking death wish. But I can't take myself to ignore it, ignore Millie, Ignore you!" You chanted.

"You're not bothering me. It was a coincidence that she passed when I came home. I want to be here for you, I want us to be friends again." You explained.

Finn gulped, "We were married 6 years. Millie's been my world for a while now. It's unfair God took her too soon. To be honest, I forgot how to be a friend to anyone else." He explained.

"It'll take some getting used to," You understand.

"I'm sorry Y/N but daycare's closing and I have to pick up Avery." Finn glanced at his watch.

"I'm so sorry for making this awkward, but I would like to try again next time... we'll go easy." He explains as he got up from his seat, actually wanting to give your friendship another try.

"I'd like that too. and it's totally fine, I understand. No major problems." You assure him.

Finn smiled, pushing the seat under the table before heading to the exit. Just as he reached the door, he looks back at you. You make eye contact before raising your hands for a salute, and it just slipped naturally.

"major problem." You both salute, reciting your running joke that the two of you had picked up from your favorite sitcom show many years ago.

"Hey, Y/N. You're welcome to visit my home when you'd like. You can also tell the others. Avery and I are glad to welcome you all." He spoke.

You nod, smiling at each other before Finn takes off, leaving you in the restaurant.

Restaurants and Dining places are definitely not Finn and Y/N's friend. The last time they were at one, things didn't exactly go well.

You never think that the last time is the last time. You think there will be more. You think there will be forever, but there isn't.

The only difference now, is that they actually agreed on something. and things may actually go right again...

tysm for all the love in this book ❤️
I hope everyone's enjoying ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 485 25
lower case intended❕ f.w x reader a very short story about how finn wolfhard and y/n y/l/n fell in and out of love very very short
203K 3.9K 47
𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃: finn wolfhard and y/n were co-stars turned lovers. their secret relationship comes to an end, resulting in the two writing songs abo...
32.9K 720 21
- lowercase intended - * (au) sometimes, it isn't impossible to meet your soulmate in a bar. * finn wolfhard x fem reader
20.1K 497 49
[completed book] Basically your a 16 year old girl who just had her parents pass away two weeks ago from a car crash. Your neighbors are the Wolfhard...