Our Happily Ever After (Major...

By Afternator97

Hero and Josephine have been co stars for the last few years, and she starts developing some real feelings. W... More

Chapter 1: The Dinner
Chapter 2: Love and Anger
Chapter 3: What about me
Chapter 4: 14 Days
Chapter 5: 14 Days Part 2
Chapter 6: First in Forever
Chapter 7: First In Forever Part 2
Chapter 8: The One Night Stand
Chapter 9: Regret
Chapter 10: Meeting Someone New
Chapter 11: What is this? Who is this?
Chapter 12: We'll Meet Again
Chapter 13: It Doesn't Concern You
Chapter 14: Ghosting
Chapter 15: Ghosting Part 2
Chapter 16: I'm Sorry, Do I Know You?
Chapter 17: GET OUT!
Chapter 18: Fear
Chapter 19: Going Home
Chapter 20: Turning Up
Chapter 21: We Need To Talk
Chapter 23: Tiffany
Chapter 24: Date Gone Wrong
Chapter 25: I Love Her
Chapter 26: The Nice Guy
Chapter 27: The Nice Guy Part 2
Chapter 28: A Mother's Instinct
Chapter 29: Don't Be Afraid
Chapter 30: The Game
The End
!!!⚠️UPDATE⚠️!!!
New Version

Chapter 22: Secrets

1.3K 51 3
By Afternator97

Josephine's POV

"I love you." He blurts out really fast, but I could still hear the words clear as day. He loves me, he finally said it. But why now? Why now when I'm finally happy and I have someone who loves me?

I stare at him and then I look down. I back away a few feet an dgrab my glass of water taking a small sip.

"Why now?" I ask and he lets out a deep breath.

"I didn't hear what you said." He says softly. "Why now?" I repeat louder this time.

"Because all of the other times I've said it to you, you never believed me." He says and takes another step forward.

"Do you blame me. I tell you how I feel, you tell me you have a girlfriend and then break my heart over and over again." I say and take a deep breath. Once I catch my breath, I continue.

"You even told me that you slept with me to get over you're girlfriend. That's what hurt the most." I say and he sighs.

"You weren't my rebound... I didn't use you to get over her. I was going to break up with her when we got back to the states after I realized what my feelings were for you." He says and walks closer until he's directly in front of me. I strain my neck to look up at him and he looks down at me, our eyes locking onto each other and never leaving.

"You said that it didn't concern me." I say quietly, never breaking our eye contact. I didn't think that he'd actually heard me until he said,

"I didn't mean that either. I was feeling horrible about hurting you and I felt llike I didn't deserve you because you are way to good for me. And I still believe that, but I wanted to make you hate me permanetly so that it would be easier for you so I was flirting with that girl." He answers quietly and before I can say anything, he beats me to it.

"Then you got jealous and left. We had that fight and that's when it came out. You said it did concern you because you loved me, and you walked away before I could say it back. And that night... that night I got drunk and ended up in her bed. I was so drunk that I didn't know what I was doing. So I left and I found you on the beach, just sitting there." He says, out of breath at the end. He's breathing really hard and I can feel his breath on my face.

"When I was walking with Sam... you showed up and told me you loved me." I say and look down at his lips. I really want to kiss his soft lips.

"It slipped out. I wasn't going to tell you because you are to good for me. Just because it only slipped out, doesn't mean I wasn't feeling it." He says quietly and he looks down at my lips.

"Is that so?" I whisper to him and he leans down closer to me.

"Oh it is so." He says smiling a little at me. I tilt my head up and bring our lips closer together. Our bottom lips touch and we're about to kiss but the front door flies open revealing Sam. I back away from Hero and run my hands over my face and into my hair. I walk over to him to see what he wants, before I reach him, I put on a smile. I'm kind of mad at him because he interrupted Hero and I but Sam is my boyfriend and Hero is just the person that's broken my heart time and time again.

****

Hero's POV

We're about to finally kiss but her door swings open and she looks over at the person in her door. It's Sam so she starts to back away from me. I was finally about to feel a touch of heaven until he interrupted us. Can I possibly hate this guy anymore than I already do?

Jo runs her hands over her face and then through her hair and starts walking towards him. I walk back to the kitchen and sit down, waiting for her to come back in here to finish what we started but I know that it's not going to happen.

She walks back in a few minutes later with Sam by her side.

"We're going out to night. Do you want to come with us?" She asks and I look down and looking back up at her, smiling a little.

"No, I don't want to be a third wheel. Y'all go and have fun." I say quietly and stand up. I walk past her towards the door and apparently she could hear the sadness in my voice so she follows me to the livingroom. When she see's me heading to the door, she pulls me back by my arm.

"Where are you going?" She asks, confusion on her face. I look down at her and smile a sad smile.

"I said what I needed to say, Jo. All I needed to tell was that I loved you while I still had the chance." I say and almost cry again. She looks at me with sad eyes.

"You'll be back right?" She asks with hope in her voice.

No baby, I won't come back.

"Of course I'll come back." I say to her. I'm leaving now that she knows that I love her. She's with Sam, not me, and I don't want to be a homewrecker. She seems happy, and I don't want to take that away from her.

I smile another sad smile and I turn around, walking out of the door and down the hallway. I walk out of her building and down towards my hotel. I don't even realise that I'm crying until I taste the salt on my tongue when I lick my lips. I see a bench on the sidewalk so I decide to sit down for a little. I let all of the pain out, I wonder how many times I've cried these past few months.

I stay on the bench until the sun starts to go down. I walk back to my hotel and i get on my laptop, ordering another plane ticket back to London. My flight is at 10:00 tomorrow morning. So I lay down and sclose my eyes but all I can see is her sad eyes. I fall asleep looking into her beautiful blue-grey eyes.

****

I'm walking through the airport about to board my plane until I see someone familiar. Sam is standing by a boarding pathway looking at someone walking towards him. I stop, thinking that it's Jo who he's looking at but then I see a tall brunette in 5 inch heels walk over to him and kiss him.

That is definetly not Jo. Jo is 5,6 and blonde but this girl is about 6,0. He is cheating on her, that bastard. I'm getting so mad just by watching them make out with each other and I start to walk towards then but a lot of people stop me from moving. They walk to the exit and I start to lose sight of them.

I search around the airport to try to find them but I had no luck. Maybe he went back to Jo's house. Oh man how am I supposed to tell Jo that her byfrined is cheating on her. This is going to e hard to tell her, will she even believe me when I tell her? Probably not.

I call my cab back and I give him the address to Jo's flat. We pull up and I grab my suitcase from beside me and rush into her building. I get to her door and I bang on it really hard, and after a few seconds of banging on her door, she finally opens up.

"What the hell Hero? You scared me, I could've hurt you." She yells at me when she see's me and I barge into her flat and look around. He isn't here, I swear if I see him I will rip off his-

"What are you looking for? Are you okay Hero?" She asks, interupting my violent thoughts. I probably look crazy, my breathing is rouph and my eyes are wide.

"Where is Sam at Jo? I swear, I'll kill him if I see him." I yell and she takes a few steps toward me with worried eyes.

"No you won't Hero. I don't know where he is now tell me what happened." She tells me, the words coming out fast.

"If I tell you, will you actually believe me?" I ask and she nods her head yes almost immediately. I walk up close to he and I stop right in front of her.

"I saw him at the airport... with a brunette." I say slowly and she looks confused.

"Okay..." She says like she doesn't really understand.

"News flash Jo, you aren't a 6 foot brunette. You're a 5 foot 6 blonde." I say, trying to control my temper. This douche has me fuming. He isn't going to get away with cheating on her like this.

"Okay Hero. That doesn't mean that he is cheating on me. It could be his friend, or his sister." She suggests still denying what is obviously right in front of her.

"Jo... he was full on making out with her in the airport. I was on my way to board my plane and I saw him standing there and the skank walked up to him and started kissing him." I tell her and she still looks like she doesn't believe what I am telling her.

"I don't think that he would do that to me-" She starts but I cut her off.

"Why would I lie to you Jo? I'm trying to win you over, not push you away!" I yell and she takes a step forward.

"That's just it Hero! You're trying to win me over, which means that you would do anything to split us up!" She yells at me and she is breathing hard. I look at her with disbelief in my eyes. I huff and walk past her to the door, opening it with so much that the hinges creak.

"Where are you going, Hero?" She yells after me before I fully get out of the door.

"What's the point of staying here if you aren't going to believe what I'm trying so hard to tell you?" I yell at her and she just yells back at me.

"What are you trying to tell me Hero?" She yells back and I can feel my temper rising."

"THAT I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU AND THAT I WANT YOU TO BE WITH ME!!! I LOVE YOU AND I'M TRYING TO PROTECT YOU FROM WHAT HE IS DOING! THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE DO FOR THE PERSON THEY LOVE! THEY PROTECT THEM!" I yell and she backs away from me. I probably look crazy, I'm so mad and I can't control it anymore.

"Did you hear me that time Jo?" I yell again and she looks down, defeated.

"Thought so." I scoff and I walk out of her flat, slamming her door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 3.4K 38
How easy is it to fake being in love? Surprisingly, easier than you think. Hitting rock bottom, Josephine thinks why not? Wanting a bit of something...
27.2K 925 10
Josephine and Hero have been dating for awhile now. Now that their movie After We Collided is coming out soon, that means another promotion tour. Jos...
34.7K 1.5K 27
After going their separate ways following the end of their time together filming their first movie, After, a lot has changed for Hero and Jo. Almost...
21.5K 1.2K 40
A Second Chance. This is my first ever story. This is a fictional story about Herophine with some bits that may/may not be true. Jo & Hero meet up a...