His at Night (His #1)

By bourbonvanilla

*WARNING! This story contains mature content.* When her boyfriend cheats on her, Rory Warren moves to a new... More

Chapter 1 : Mr. Unknown
Chapter 3 : Mr. Careful
Chapter 4 : Mr. Playful
Chapter 5 : Mr. Irresistable
Chaper 6 : Mr. Hard-to-understand
Chapter 7 : Mr. Charmer
Chapter 8 : Mr. Desiring
Chapter 9 : Mr. Cute
Chapter 10 : Mr. Secretive
Chapter 11 : Mr. Betraying
Chapter 12 : Mr. Fierce
Chapter 13 : Mr. Jolly
Chapter 14 : Mr. Overreacting
Chapter 15 : Mr. Talker
Chapter 16 : Mr. Sweet
Chapter 17 : Mr. Hot
Chapter 18 : Mr. Romantic
Chapter 19 : Mr. Honest
Chapter 20 : Mr. Voiceless
Chapter 21 : Mr. Eager
Chapter 22 : Mr. Seducer
Chapter 23 : Mr. Lazy
Chapter 24 : Mr. Cold
Chapter 25 : Mr. Understanding
Chapter 26 : Mr. Demanding
Chapter 27 : Mr. Hero
Chapter 28 : Mr. Protective
Chapter 29 : Mr. Perfect
Chapter 30 : Mr. Jealous
Chapter 31 : Mr. Revealing
Chapter 32 : Mr. Heartbreaker

Chapter 2 : Mr. Intimidating

575K 14.6K 8.2K
By bourbonvanilla

I was just standing there for a few minutes, gawking at this ridiculously gorgeous man. His smirk grows even wider and I force myself to snap out of it. I accept his offered hand and try to smile. ''Hi. Rory Warren. Nice to meet you.'' My hand is shaking and I think he notices it too because he looks at it and then back into my eyes with that secret smile playing on his lips.

''I know,'' he simply says and goes past me into the flat. I was still standing at the door, probably looking like an idiot, but I wanted to pull myself together before I embarrass myself even further. I close the door and turn around to see he was heading to the kitchen.

''Yeah, why don't you come in and make yourself at home?'' I call after him before I even have a chance to think about it. I widen my eyes and curse my big mouth.

I heard his deep chuckle that made everything in me tighten and my heart beat faster. ''Don't worry, I will!'' I hear him call right back with a hint of a smile in his tone.

I start to walk in the direction he went, but I soon change my mind when I realise I'm still wearing only a towel. Just my luck to see him coming out of the kitchen. He stops at the door and looks at me. ''Do you want some coffee?''

''No, thank you.'' I look at the floor. ''I'll just go put some clothes on.'' When he doesn't respond, I turn around and start walking to my room. I could feel his eyes on me on the way there, making me self-conscious again, but I didn't turn around. I wish for the second time that the towel would be longer.

I close my door in the room and lean on it, breathing hard. I need to pull my grip together. I don't want him thinking I'm some idiot who can't even make a normal sentence.

I quickly search for some jeans and a white shirt, throw it on and go to the bathroom to at least make myself look decent. When I spot myself in the mirror, I want the ground to swallow me. My hair is a mess on top of my head, some hair fell out of my bun and were curling because of steam, my cheeks are flushed, my whole face is glowing and my eyes are bright.

I release my hair and brush it so they fall down my back in waves, I splash my face with cold water and head out.

I find Braden sitting in the kitchen with a coffee mug in his hand and a stack of papers in front of him. When he hears me enter, he lifts his head and looks at me. He softly smiles and I am completely frozen and mesmerised for a few seconds before I return the smile. I quickly look away and he goes back to reading his paperwork.

I don't know what should I do with myself so I make myself busy with making a cup of tea for myself. I don't know if Braden even wants me to be here. He seems to have some work to do. Besides, I don't even know what we would talk about. Brooke never mentioned that he was coming here. I wish she would at least warned me beforehand.

God, this is so awkward. After some minutes of painful silence, my tea was ready and I want to go in the living room to watch some TV before I start preparing for work. I grab my mug when Braden's voice stops me, ''Why don't you sit down for a while?'' I didn't even realise he shoved his papers away and was leaning back in his chair, studying me.

I clear my throat and look away. ''Sure, why not,'' I mumble to myself and sit opposite him. I feel his eyes follow my every movement and I was doing a fine work avoiding his look, instead busying myself with playing with my mug.

''So, Rory ...'' he starts and I am forced to lift my head and look at him. He is already watching me. God, I instantly become a sucker for his eyes. They were so dark and had that playful glint in them. They easily become my favourite thing on him. ''How old are you?'' I shake my head out of my thinking. I want to pinch myself for even going there. I take a deep breath and look down at my mug again.

''I'm 25,'' I answer, still looking at my fingers rubbing my mug. I actually feel really awkward because I never know what to talk about with strangers. Sure, my job required for me to have talkative skills, but when coming to making friends? I am a complete mess.

''Hmm,'' he hums low in his throat. It sends chills down my spine and I lift my head again. He has a small smile on his lips and he looks deep in thought while he was still watching me. He notices me looking at him and he slowly titles his head in the right like he was asking me something.

I scrunch my eyebrows together, not understanding. He was still looking and apparently waiting for something. What? Have I missed something? Had he asked me any other questing?

He leans forward and puts his elbows on the table. Is it just me or there's suddenly some tension between us?

''You don't talk much, do you?'' he surprises me with asking. I quickly look at my mug and then up again. He is studying my face. ''No, not really,'' is my only answer and I almost whisper it to him.

We become silent again and I feel really awkward just sitting there. I sigh. ''How old are you?'' I suddenly ask to break the silence, surprising myself. Well, why not pass the time with talking instead of sitting here in silence like some idiots?

He leans back in his chair and crosses his arms on his chest, looking pleased with himself. Huh. What a strange man he was. ''I'm 29, Rory.'' My name rolls off his tongue like a velvet, making me hot inside. ''Are you from here? I didn't hear any accent.''

I lean back in the chair and take a sip of my tea. ''I was born in Michigan. But when I was 4, my parents wanted to move to New Jersey. How about you?''

He seemed interested in my answers and that pleased me. He leans forward again. He places his elbows on the desk and puts his hands in front of his mouth, making a motion with his thumb across his lips. My eyes instantly fall on that movement and some thoughts came to my mind that were very unholy. I guess he noticed me looking because his lips curve in a smile. Busted. I quickly look away. I feel my cheeks becoming hot once again. What is it with me blushing so much around this man?

''I was born and raised here, Rory.'' I still avoid his eyes. I take another sip from my cup and welcome the burn down my throat. I allow myself a quick look at him and see that he was focused on my lips. I feel my cheeks redden even more if that was even possible.

''Do you have a boyfriend?'' Braden blurts out, surprising both of us. His eyes go wide like he couldn't believe he just said that out loud. I chuckle and roll my eyes. I think that's a too personal questing for someone I met only 20 minutes ago. ''What, am I at some interview that I don't know about?'' I chuckle again to lift the tension.

He bites his lip and clears his throat. Just when he opens his mouth to say something, I hear the front door open.

Brooke comes rushing into the kitchen seconds after. ''Oh, you're already here. Sorry I'm late,'' she explains to Braden. When she spots me, she gives me a smile and a little wave. I return the gesture. Braden stands up and quickly hugs his sister and places a kiss on her forehead.

I simply watch them. I guess they were close to each other. Brooke didn't tell me a lot about her brother. To think about it, she didn't tell me almost anything, just that he bought her this flat. She definitely didn't mention that he's super hot. I would probably remember that.

''It's okay Brooks. Your friend here kept me some company.'' He stares in my eyes when he makes that statement. I look down and blush.

''Oh, so you've already met my new flatmate. She's cool, huh?'' Brooke has this easy-going persona that it's really hard not to like. I like that she's talkative and you're probably never bored with her. Although I only met her yesterday and talked to her for only about half an hour, I instantly liked her.

Braden was still looking at me. ''That she is.''

***

I went to prepare myself for work. I just threw up some black skinny jeans and a tight white shirt. Not the first choice I'd choose if I had to, but that was the main rule in the bar – wearing skanky clothes. It was all to get more attention and customers. I despised this outfit when I started working there. I didn't like the attention it was bringing me and my chest is quite large, so you don't have to guess twice where most guys liked to look at.

But after some time, I got used to it. Sure, I still cringe every time some fat, old man makes some statement about my body. Like I said, you get used to these things.

I pull my hair in a high ponytail, so my hair wouldn't bother me. I usually get all sweaty, especially on Friday nights when the club is always packed.

Braden left some time earlier. He didn't stay long. He and Brooke just talked some more when I went to my room. I felt more relaxed and at ease that I won't see him again tonight. I don't even know what it is about me and my behaviour when it came to me. I barely met him and I already feel some attraction. Well, it was kinda hard not to. He was too handsome for his own good and he was intimidating.

I walk to the kitchen for a glass of water before I head to the bar. Brooke is there, sipping her coffee and going through some catalogues. When she sees me, she puts down the catalogue and gives me a smile.

''Hey, Rory, I just wanted to apologise for not telling you my brother was coming over. I thought I'd already be here when he came, but I got held back. I hope he didn't give you much trouble.''

You see why it's so hard not to like her? She has this easy-going attitude. I fill my glass with water and then turn around to face her. ''Please, don't apologise. It's okay, really. I was actually surprised.'' And oh, how surprised I was! I feel hotness in my cheeks. I clear my throat before I continue, "besides, you came short after he did, so it's really not a big deal.'' I give her a smile to reassure her.

She sighs. ''Okay. But the next time I'll make sure you'll be informed soon enough if I'll expect any visitors. He doesn't even come here that often so you don't have to worry about my brother giving you trouble. I know how he is.'' She gives me a wink.

I blush again. Oh, god, is she talking about what I think she is? I need to change the subject. ''Yes, um ... well, I'm going to work now.''

Brooke looks thoughtful for a moment. ''Where are you working again? I don't think you even told me before. Or I just forgot.'' She smiles hugely. ''If that's so, my apologies.''

''I don't think I've told you before, no. I'm working at the bar, called Redster. It's a few minutes away from here.''

''Holy shit!'' she shrieks, startling me. I look at her, confused. ''I go there with my girls every Friday night! How come I don't remember seeing your face?'' Her whole face lits up with excitement.

''Wow, that's actually awesome! I don't think I saw you there either. What a coincidence! Are you coming there tonight too?''

She was smiling so big, her face almost split in two. ''Yeah, we are. Make sure you get us free drinks!'' She winks again and chuckles. I laugh right back at her.

''Sure, drinks on the house tonight!'' I wink at her and look at the clock. ''Shoot, I have to go if I don't want to be late.'' I take a big sip of the water, throw the rest in the sink and turn to face Brooke again. ''See you later?''

''You bet it! I just need to make some arrangements first.'' I start heading to the front door when she calls after me, ''When do you finish working?''

I put my coat on and turn around. ''Around 2 am. Why?'' I ask her, still smiling to myself.

''Just wondering ... you got the keys, right?''

I shake them so she hears. ''Right here,'' I call back.

''See you later, then!'' She was already walking to her bedroom with her phone in her hands. I shake my head and go out of the door.

I feel like it's going to be an exciting night.

Hiiiiii. I posted this chapter earlier and it's a bit short, but I'll try to write them longer, but it'll take me longer to post them. 

Also, I know I'll make some mistakes because English is my second language. Even English speakers make mistakes, so please be patient. And if you find any mistakes, you can kindly inform me about them; I won't be mad. 

Also, you can follow me on twitter @patriciaxbooks

That's it. Hope you'll like it. :)

Vote, comment & follow for updates! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 237K 36
This is the second book of His series. Please read the first one (His At Night), otherwise this book won't make any sense to you. * It hurts. Not ph...
892K 34.8K 73
Rated No.1 #matureaudience #separation #maturelanguage #contractmarriage #loveforever #funnyromance#chicklit || 𝑯𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉�...
2.3M 17.3K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
545K 14K 32
"Are you crazy?! Piss off!" Sam Harrison screams. "You can't turn down an opportunity like this, sweetheart. I know you'd die to be seen with me as...