Born To Be

By NightTime_Storiexs

The kingdom of Zariya. Prince Archer of Zariya. Evelyn, a citizen of Zariya. The prince has now turned twenty... More

Characters
1| Cherie
3| Chocolate
4| Adored
5| Bribe
6| Torture
7| Jealous
8| Deal
9| Defeat
10| Word
11| Hopes
12| Welcomed
13| Seek
14| Night
15| Stare
16| Distraction
17| Pure
18| Logical
19| Discipline
20| Photograph
21| Life
22| Enough
23| Bloom
24| Revelation
25| Electricity
26| Flip
27| Disease
28| Rules
29| Chase
30| Marry
31| Apart
32| You
33| Value
34| Farewell
35| Theatre
36| Alone
37| Soul
38| Disgrace
39| Match
40| Proposal
41| Love
42| Recap
43| Knot
44| Sinking
45| Epiphany
46| Fantasy
47| Spoiled
48| Pearls
49| Yes
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

2| Pins

54.8K 1.8K 1.3K
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 2: Pins (Archer's POV)

"Archer." 

I looked up from the desk, my eyes meeting my mother. "Yes, mother?" 

"Mrs. Harrington is coming to see you in an hour." 

"Pardon me, who?" 

"The seamstress. The tailor." 

I still don't know. 

"The one who owns Cherie." 

"Oh, all right. What for?" I asked, closing the accounts book. 

"Your suit needs a fitting. This is your first from them, they needed your measurements and we forgot to give them. She will come to check the fitting and it will be delivered tomorrow morning after alterations. Get ready." 

"I am ready?" 

"Then come outside and wait." 

"For an hour?" I deadpanned. 

"Yes!" she snapped. She's a grumpy woman, let's leave it at that. I followed her out of my study, sitting on the huge velvet couch while she sat on a single seat opposite to me. "While we are here, let's talk about your wedding." 

I knew it. This is a trap. I sighed, running my hand through my hair. 

"How is the bride-hunt coming?" 

"Not very good," I shook my head. "I haven't found one yet. I'd say that means this is failing." 

She glared at me in response. 

"Mother, you cannot expect me to see a girl and just be so attracted to her that marriage is in the picture. I need to know her." 

"You have your whole life to know her. That doesn't matter. We need a princess in this house, Archer." 

"You have introduced me to every princess you know and I haven't liked any of them," I said bluntly. 

"How about a normal girl?" We both looked up as my father entered the room. 

"That is preposterous," my mother scoffed. 

"Why? Your mother was one," he shrugged. 

I pulled my lips into a thin line, trying not to laugh. 

"This is not my kingdom," she spat. "This is Zariya." 

"This is my kingdom, Arabella. And I can assure you, we have had many normal women enter the family." He turned to me. "All that matters is that the bride, the daughter-in-law of this house has a good image. She must carry herself with grace, be well-known in our kingdom, and she must be beautiful." 

"Girls are nowhere near as beautiful as princesses, Edward." 

"They don't get botox, Arabella." He rolled his eyes, sitting beside me. "Find a nice girl, Archer. One that is beautiful, graceful, and liked. Time is precious, don't waste it, all right?" 

I nodded. 

"Well, it's too late now." We both turned to my mother. "I have called five princesses to come to stay with us. I think they would be great for this family. They will stay here as long as I want." 

"What?" I looked at her in disbelief. 

"This is a great opportunity for you to know them a little and select one of them to be your bride, Archer. They will be coming in the day after. Be prepared." With that, she walked off. 

I turned to my dad. "Is this a joke? I don't even get to choose who I marry?" I scoffed. 

"You can choose one from the five," he shrugged. "Or you can find a normal girl. Tick tock, buddy." He patted my leg and then stood up, walking away too. 

"Great," I mumbled under my breath. I played Subway Surfers on my phone to kill time and stood up when Mrs. Harrington entered. 

"Your majesty," she bowed her head. 

"Oh, please. No need for that," I smiled, shaking her hand. 

"Where would you like the fitting to take place?" 

"Right here is fine," my mother said, walking in. 

She nodded, placing the bag on the floor and taking out the suit. "Could you please go and put this on, your majesty?" She smiled, handing it to me. 

I went into the nearest bathroom and changed before coming back out. It's undoubtedly too big for me. It must be my father's size. He's a little... I'm a little fitter. 

"All right," Mrs. Harrington chuckled, taking out some sort of chalk and a bunch of pins. 

I hate needles and I hate pins. So I am definitely not moving. 

"Please move as little as possible," she said. I stood straight while she started at my sleeves, drawing with chalk and pinning the areas down. "Your highness," she turned to my mother. "Would it be possible to have an old pair of Prince Archer's trousers instead? I'm sure it would be more comfortable if we avoid that fitting," she said. 

Yes. I would undoubtedly be uncomfortable with a lady around the age of my mother drawing with chalk up my leg. 

"Yes, of course," my mother nodded. One of our butlers got one and handed it to Mrs. Harrington. 

"I shall take my leave then." She said, helping me take off the suit and gently putting it back in the bag. 

I went back into the bathroom, swapped those pants for my own, and handed them to her, neatly folded. 

"Would you like to send someone to pick these up or shall I have them delivered, your highness?" she asked my mother. 

"Could you have them delivered?" 

"Of course, tomorrow morning by nine?" 

"That would be perfect, thank you so much." 

"It is my duty, have a great day," she grinned, waving us bye and then left. 

I went back into my study and got back to studying previous accounts. All preparation to become King, I suppose. Jesus Christ. 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

It was now the next morning and I was on my run. I can't even leave the estate, so I just run in its perimeter. Which is annoying. 

I made it to the front, circling the entire palace, and started running up to the guarded gate. I slowed, seeing a tire of a bicycle wheeling in. I went back a little to increase the distance and stood there in confusion. 

Who the hell is that? 

I watched as she bobbed her head to a beat with earphones plugging in, biking leisurely. She went right past the gate before I heard her yell, "Shit!" She wheeled herself back with her feet, pulling her earphones out and shoving them in her pocket once she climbed off. She kicked her stand, grabbed a bag, and turned to the guards. 

They stood in their stance, glaring at her. 

"That's very intimidating, okay," she mumbled. 

I watched in amusement. 

"Um, I'm here from Cherie, this is Prince Archer's suit. It's been altered to his fitting and the bill is inside, it is yet to be paid for," she explained, handing the bag through the bars. 

They checked the bag before one of them took it inside. 

She stood there awkwardly while staring at the palace in awe, taking it in. "Uh, sir?" 

"What?" the guard asked gruffly. 

"Can I get that rose?" she asked, pointing to the rose bush behind the guard. 

"These are not to be plucked." 

She frowned. "It's one rose from a whole bush, are you kidding?" 

I chuckled, staying out of her sight. 

"Your suit is very nice, by the way," she smiled. 

"Flattery doesn't work," he replied. 

She clicked her tongue, "Please? It's for a loved one? Please, please, please, please, please, please? I won't leave. Ever. Please, please, please, please, please, ple-" 

"Fine!" 

She grinned bouncing on the balls of her feet while he plucked out a rose, avoiding the thorns and handing it to her. "Thank you," she beamed at him. I watched her with narrowed eyes while she carefully plucked out each thorn. She placed the rose in her basket, turning back to the gate when the payment was brought. She counted the money before patting her pockets. She isn't wearing a dress. She's wearing a t-shirt and some jeans. 

She looks cute. 

"Um, I don't have any change. Here, a hundred Lunar less for the Prince," she chuckled, slipping the bill back. 

I walked over to the gate, taking the hundred Lunar note from the guard. "Keep it. Fifty Lunar just for you," I said, holding it out for her to take. 

"Oh, thanks," she grinned, turning around and climbing onto her bike, biking past the gates. 

She... didn't recognize me? 

She yelled, "Oh my God!" before wheeling herself back. She looked at me with calculating eyes before they widened in recognition. "Uh oh. You're..." 

"Hi," I smiled, nodding. 

She facepalmed, quickly recovering. "I am very sorry, your majesty. Please have a nice day and forget this ever happened. Goodbye," she said quickly, biking past the gates as fast as she could go. 

I turned to the guard. "About that rose..." 

"I apologize, your majesty, but she-" 

"Next time, just give it to her." 

He nodded, slightly surprised. 

I shook my head before turning around and getting back to my run. One more lap and then I'm done. That completes the tenth one. 

So she works at that boutique. Interesting. 

I completed my run and then went back into the palace, heading straight for the shower. After all, there is a party tonight. I have to get ready now, don't I? 

This is what life is like for me. Constantly getting ready for one thing or the other.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 2

His suit at the top

how did you guys like his POV??

next chapter: chocolate

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269 33 13
Princess Vivienne Sinclair, heir to the throne of Aveloria, was accustomed to the weight of responsibility that draped her slender shoulders. Her ele...
6.3K 171 36
A spoiled elvish princess in love with a lowly soldier. Unfortunately (well, fortunately. But don't tell her that) she will come to realize her life...
2.3K 149 72
Best Ranking #2 in Action-Adventure. He yearned for her vanilla-tasting lips and skin. Are you going to kiss me, Princess? Azrael whispered onto he...
24.5K 726 14
π‘©π’π’π’Œ 𝑢𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π‘΄π’π’π’‚π’“π’„π’‰π’Šπ’„ π’π’†π’ˆπ’‚π’„π’š π‘Ίπ’†π’“π’Šπ’†π’” "𝑰𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š, π’•π’˜π’ 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 ...