Court Of Night

By the_rebellionxx

The pack on the verge of collapse, Fie Wright watches as her Alpha falls into a downward spiral due to his dy... More

Solace
Hope
Travels
Depth
Royalty
Ultimatum
Ponder
Ire
Fruition
Serenity
Overdue
Precision
Resolve
Aptitude
Inferno
Tumble
Spiral
Afloat
Rupture
Contemplation
Diminish
Rain
Greetings
Heal
Somber
Zeal
Bland
Howl
Bonfire
Love Drunk
Gloom
Yikes
Batty
Steady
Hallow
Ignite
Drip
Rue
Accident
Shroud
Tick Tock
Kit Kat
Tears
Trapize
Upheave
Boggle
Caught
Favour
Armour
Pout
Snap
Epilogue
SPIN OFF/ SEQUEL

Follow

12.3K 511 77
By the_rebellionxx

Fie Wright's P. O. V

Shifting in my seat, I straighten out my back while trying to make my face void of any emotion. I only have to look serious and composed. Nothing more, nothing less. That unfortunately is a feat in itself as I end up breaking my facade and erupting into a toothy grin, groans shooting up from all around me while a thud resounds from one person in particular.

"Ezra baby, stop banging your again against the wall. You need all the brain cells you have."

"Hey!" Shouts the man as he abruptly cuts off his head banging, pouting at his giggly mate who bats her eyelashes and assures him she was joking.

Looks like Rui's gotten with us when it comes to annoying the man as much as he annoys us back.

"You need to be serious... Fie." Rui awkwardly tells me, still not used to calling me by my first name to which I wave her tensions away. I'd be the one in an awkward position if she referred to me as Queen or something along those lines.

I nod my head to let her know I've heard her before clearing my throat and straightening out my shoulders. I make sure to narrow my eyes and clench my jaw, thinning my lips just a bit to make sure I look as serious as possible.

"Uh you look sort of constipated." Ezra comments from my side which earns him a shove in the ribs from his mate who worriedly smiles at me. I guess it's going to take a while until the woman gets fully comfortable around me.

"I can't help it." I whine with a pout now on my lips as I huff. Crossing my arms across my chest, I ignore the sour expression of Malleus' minister from the shadows of the large hall. That man hasn't liked me from the day I first laid eyes on Malleus.

Well boo freaking hoo to him. It's not like he has a say in the matter.

Shaking my head, I glance from an amused looking Ezra and over to an encouraging Rui before I try and make myself comfortable on the large throne. It hasn't even been a full day since I've been marked but Malleus thought it would be great for me to try and dip my foot into the pool of my Queenly duties. Being the obedient and well rounded mate that I am, I only complained for around ten minutes or so before eventually agreeing to it all.

The first push Malleus wanted me to take was to try and attend an open court where I'd have to listen to a few complaints from people and then possibly help them if it was something deemed probable to do so. I feel like I've been plunged head first into some sort of historical drama but being the gracious woman I am, I've decided to step out of my comfort zone and take charge. All jokes aside, this is something I'm glad to be doing since I'm sure it'll help out a few people in need and will let me bond with the townsfolk here.

Maybe they'll go easy on me once I'm announced as Queen?

"Okay. This is it." I say with a final nod, composing my features and staring straight ahead to the looming awaiting doors where someone is currently waiting. The usual giggles I get whenever I'm placed into a serious situation have thankfully subsided since the importance of everything is actually getting to me. A decision of mine could change a persons life entirely, I mean if they allow me to make such decisions in the first place which I don't they will.

The sound of the heavy doors opening gave me bracing the sides of the throne, my grip tightening till my knuckles go white and a welcoming smile plasters itself onto my face. I can see Ezra giving me an encouraging look from my side as he scoots back till he's standing behind my throne but a bit to the left.

"Your Majesty, I present to you-," the sound of Malleus' minister gets cut off as another chirpier voice cuts through the echoey hall.

"Oh my word. I didn't know I'd be seeing you soon although I believe it was expected because how can it not. I do apologise once more about the previous occurrence. I never would have held you up like that so I guess I'm apologising for a second time, well third-,"

"Fie look it's Ron the human!" Ezra cuts in as he makes his way down the makeshift stage and over to the red faced man who beams brightly at Ezra's familiarity. A flare of irritation spikes up when I think back to how the blasted human held a knife to my throat a month or so ago, nonetheless, my curiosity peaks like it did previously when I remember the man is indeed human.

How peculiar.

"Apology accepted of course. If it wasn't for you I might not have met my mate." I say in a much happier mood, now knowing the first and maybe only person I'll have to meet today being Ron.

The man in question, parts from Ezra's overly friendly embrace as he drops to one knee with a clasped hand to his chest and head bowed.

"I'm honoured your Majesty." He says in a humble tone while I find myself insisting for the hundredth time in what feels like a span of thirty minutes for the person on the other end to call me Fie.

"You're a human, are you not Ron?" Ezra questions, attention still on the man who now stands back up to his full height which isn't much.

"Yes. A normal human. Nothing fancy going on about me unlike you werewolves." He chortles while I lean forward, half of me nearly off of the throne while I ponder his words.

I would call him the fancy one since he's the human here not us.

"What makes you so different than the rest of us?" I find myself inquiring, unable to help my nosiness peaking through.

"You mean other than the fact that he was so bold enough to grab a knife to my mate's neck."

Oh. If it isn't my lovely mate.

Glancing from a quickly approaching Malleus and over to a Ron who is just as quickly losing all colour to his face; I decide to rectify the situation by getting off of the throne and turning to my mate who engulfs me within the next second, the man already knowing what my intentions are.

Ron appears to be unable to breathe as his eyes widen before he's dropping onto the ground once more. This time fully bowed and nearly keeling over as the stench of nerves waft around the room. He's practically jittering as he mumbles apology after apology to which I nudge Malleus who doesn't seem keen on easing the man's nerves.

"He's just kidding of course Ron. Nothing to worry about." I say gently, hoping the man will realise my mate is just being a pain in the ass and not actually out to get him. Although the slight glare in my mate's quickly darkening eyes would have everyone thinking something completely in the opposite direction.

'He's a nice man. Let him live. He was only doing it to protect you. Ultimately, if you think about it too much, it'll end up being your fault if you follow the chain of events.' I inform Malleus, hoping he drops the ordeal entirely just as he steps behind me and hugs my back, putting his head above mine and practically pinning me to him to the point I can't even freely move.

'So you're saying it's my fault he pulled a knife to your throat.' The sarcasm rings clearly in my head as I clasp my hands across his which are looped around the centre of my stomach while I promptly nod.

'If you keep blaming the poor human then sure. I didn't end up dead and if not for him, you wouldn't have gotten with this fine piece of ass.' The kiss that is placed to the crown of my head has me smiling in triumph, already knowing I've one this round of petty arguments.

'I guess I can let it drop.' Is all he answers back with as Ron's voice cuts through once more.

"Your Majesty's, I came here for an update on the situation," He cuts himself off abruptly, eyes narrowed as he peers into the shadows, probably trying to figure out who's currently in the large hall and whether they're trustworthy or not. He seems to be having a hard time while I glance from Malleus over my shoulder and back to Ron in wonderment.

I knew we had more heightened senses than those of humans but I didn't know their senses were that dulled. I thought it would have been the difference of our watered down senses compared to that of our senses in our wolf forms but that doesn't seem to be the case.

"You may speak Ron. There are only four people in the room." Malleus announces which takes the man off guard, he probably didn't realise the coy faced minister was lurking around in the shadows. I swear the man thinks he's some evil genius or something of the sorts the way he slithers around.

Ron nods before opening his mouth, "You asked me to check up on the situation in the forest while also coordinating with Thaddeus, the gatekeeper. It's safe to say that other than Queen Fie getting infected, there have been no other occurrences. The wildlife seems just fine and there haven't been any rumours in town or the surrounding areas which can give rise to the residents noticing what's going on. It's all under wraps, your Majesty." Ron says with a toothy smile on his face as he bows once more at an almost perfect ninety degree angle.

Malleus let's out a sigh, most probably from remembering how I got the weird black sludge creeping through my brains. Lurking into the premises of his mind, my smile turns sheepish as thoughts of the annoyance and exasperation the man felt when I suggested we let the magic stay in me for a bit to see what would happen.

Yeah he didn't like that idea at all. I do have my dumb moments but I'm sure we could've asked the Mages help in some way to find out what it is exactly.

'You're lucky I love your stupid ass.' The audacity my own mate has leaves me gasping in astonishment, the man in question being subjected to my glare as I nudge him not so discreetly.

'I think outside of the box.' I grumble back to him, only getting a scoff in answer while Malleus promptly remembers he has to give the awaiting human an answer.

"Have you not managed to get any information about what could potentially be the issue behind all of this? I'm sure there must be some rumours floating about. The towns people always have something to say." He asks to which Ron's smile disappears, settling for a frown instead.

"Unfortunately your majesty, there has been no such talks about anything. When I tried to prod around, all I got were weird looks. The human's know nothing and unfortunately I'm not the one the wolves will come seeking answers or questions to." Ron's words have me frowning, not liking how it seems the wolves are casting out the humans.

Although I've been brought up in an all werewolf pack, there are some packs back in my realm that had humans as mates. Not that having a human as a mate is a rare occurrence it's just not the usual and we didn't seem to have any in our Pack but those that did, always took kindly to one another.

I'll definitely be asking Malleus about this after the meeting winds up.

"Hmm. I guess I'll have to place some werewolves around town to get more information. There must be some one at the very least who's got some information on it." Malleus murmurs, voice void of emotion but I can feel the uneasiness oozing out of him.

It's obvious something is out of the ordinary since no place just randomly starts trying to put people into comatose state.

"Of course your Majesty. May I suggest-," Ron pauses midway as a clamour starts up from behind the huge doors. Everyone snaps their heads towards where the sounds of a kerfuffle rise up and I barely get to tilt my head in the air to scent my surroundings before I'm being shoved back and my previous clear view of the large doors now blocked by Malleus' broad shoulders as he takes up a defensive stance in front of me. Rolling my eyes, I already know it's a lost cause to try and convince him to let me stand next to him so I opt for the next best option; rising on to my tiptoes and hearing sounds of shouting erupting.

The next blink of an eye and all I catch is a black and white blur as Rui dashes from one corner of the room to take up place in front of Malleus and me, arms outstretched and ready to shift at any moment. I glance over to Ezra just as the sound of guards shouting reach us, everyone tensing while my cousin shares an uneasy stare with me. I can tell he wants to defend his mate but not wanting to undermine her in front of her boss.

"Fie." The warning tone in Malleus has me grasping onto the back of his shirt, letting him know I'm not about to pull anything as the doors shake for a few seconds before they creak on their hinges, forcefully swinging open as multiple figures spill into the room with each looking more fraught and disheveled than the next.

"What is going on here?" Malleus exclaims loudly, his Kingly persona slipping back into place as two people drop onto the floor while the other three people remain standing, chests puffing up and down in exhaustion as one of them stumbles forwards and falls onto his knees.

"My King," a hoarse voice speaks up as the other two people besides the first bow down although they cast weary looks to the two passed out onto the floor.

My wolf remains on high alert but I can't help the pang of worry for the obviously injured two on the floor.

No more words leave the person's mouth but instead their messy blond locks raises up and an audible gasp leaves my lips.

Thick veins mar most of the person's face rendering their features unrecognisable, black sludge coursing through them and pulsing with each visible beat. The veins looking ten times worse than what they were like on Luna Aria.

I find my eyes trailing over to Ron who looks just as shell shocked as the rest while one thought runs through my mind.

What happened to no one else getting infected?

——————-

AN: I have no idea what this chapter is but tis a chapter nonetheless. Also yes it's shorter than usual but necessary if that makes sense. Slightly late because my wifi is not it but not too late!

Shameless plug but maybe check out my new book called Bound By The Crown?😌

Question: Would you rather be able to speak all foreign languages or speak to animals?

Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 220 24
"You can't tell anyone." His words hit me hard, but I was ready for them. I grimaced slightly, but did my best to hide it as I squeezed my arms in re...
1.6M 44K 28
*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaze over my ill silhouette. "Look at me." ...
33.4K 1.4K 49
He came into my world like a hurricane, unpredictable, dangerous and out of control, destroying everything I had built in his wake. There would be no...
134K 530 4
*WARNING!!!!!! EXCERPT ONLY!!! Full version available only on Dreame and Amazon.* "Soon, Ellie." He takes a whiff from my neck before whispering se...