The Book of Random Stuff #2

By VibbyRibby

I got bored with the first one, so I decided to make a second one! Here, I talk about my stupid life, I show... More

Damn
PlayStation Classic
some songs I like
This Sonic oneshot I wrote for a contest(It sucks)
PaRappa the Rapper isn't safe either
The backstory of pasta
Mmm yes quite
Noodle
pictures I forgot I had saved on my phone
catastrophe crow stuff
the worst game on the Sega Saturn
unpopular opinions
new year resolutions
Uh I don't know what to call this yet
i drew some stuff
Vib Ribbon stuff
google kinda racist
Patapon Stuff
More patapon stuff
Old stuff I drew + crap I did late at night
yay I talk about rhythm games again (mostly Patapon and locoroco) but yaaay
even more Patapon stuff because it's great
random patapon head cannon thing
I drew more stuff (ft low camera quality)
Police Brutality the Game one shots
Meden gets kidnapped and Gong asserts dominance (1)
kulche towers and things
Meden gets kidnapped and Gong asserts dominance (2)
Patapon stuff ( pt I don't even know anymore)
more random pictures I have saved
arts :))
ulala slays in 2 frames per second

Glover Stuff

31 1 0
By VibbyRibby

A few months ago, likely around June, I figured out how emulators work (I only know how to use PlayStation and n64 emulators, of course, but that's all I need). So far, I've played super mario 64, Chameleon twist, banjo kazooie, paper mario, and Glover.

Glover is low key an underrated game. Yeah, there were tons of flaws along with that save file glitch thing, but the mechanics are interesting.

Basically, you play as a sentient, magical glove who's owned by a wizard, and you can cast spells and crap. One day, the wizards throwing crap in his cauldron to make a potion or something, but he accidentally throws in the wrong ingredient. The potion explodes, one glove rockets out the window, the other falls in the cauldron, and the wizard turns to stone and dies, crashing down to the foundation of the castle.

Anyway, since the wizard is immobile now, the crystals that keep the kingdom in order flys off of the castle. If they break... something bad will probably happen, Glover sure as hell got back up when he saw them fall. Thinking fast, he uses a spell to turn the crystals into balls, and they bounce with such vigor that they roll into realms that are conveniently a few feet away from each other.

A ball smacks Glover in the face, and then you begin your journey.

It's an easy game to some, and a hard game to some, and what do you know? I'm part of that some! Or rather, I used to be part of that some. You see, children, ever since I mastered the power of the Call ball (definitely recommend spell if you ever attempt to play this) and Death Spell (maybe not this one, you might die), the game became like, 20% easier. I know that I can easily do that cheat that opens all of the levels, but only wimps do that, and I'm not a wimp.

Also, I forgot to mention that the intro I described was the original version. The PlayStation port is the exact same thing, only that Glovel (the left glove, remember that.) deliberately messes up the man's potion so he can become evil. I'd make fun of this plot and simply call it an attempt to separate the two ports a bit. The thing is, I can't, because that's exactly what Glovel did in Glover 2.

Yeah this game was supposed to have a sequel, and it was going to be pretty good by what I played. It was going to be released on the N64, PlayStation, and Dreamcast.

Glover on the Dreamcast. Sonic Adventure 7 almost had some competition, didn't it?

Hasbro, the company who's responsible for board games, MLP I think, the freaking Hyperscam, and unbelievably, this, made a big WHOOPS. While they originally intended to purchase 150,000 N64 cartridges, Nintendo had a deal that would give you a discount if you bought more of them. So, some idiot who was in charge of ordering the cartridges bumped the number up to 300,000.

Honestly wtf, it's Glover. How confident was this guy?

Retailers didn't want that additional shit, leaving them with about 150,000 cartridges. That cost them almost half of a million dollars worth of stock they could never even sell. As a result, they couldn't afford to finish the game, and it was scrapped. It was a shame, too, I heard that the game was like 80% complete.

Today, I downloaded the dumped prototype, and I shall share any interesting screenshots I come across.

Glover has a little N64, cute. There's a small space invaders mini-game on it, but there's no way to win it as far as I'm aware of. I bet that it would've been a mini PlayStation or Dreamcast on those versions, maybe it could've had a Crash or Sonic mini-game on it. Also, this is either his room or Glovel's room, maybe they even share it. (There's only one bed, tho)

Just how much money does the Wizard invest in these talking, living gloves? It's sweet and all that he cares about them enough to give them their own room, spell books, consoles, ect. But it's also kinda sad. It makes you wonder how lonely this dude was before he brought the gloves to life.

Had to skip a few parts, storage issues. After going downstairs, you talk to Glovel with this Banjo-Kazooie sounding dialogue, and he orders you to go and get a tomato for a... pie...or a picnic. Something must've gotten lost in translation... or maybe somebody had a stroke judging by Glover's response.

"I love pies me!"

I wish I could've screenshot that ngl. I'd restart, but I don't think it's possible to save.

After taking a few steps out of the castle (lookin'a hell of a lot different than the first game), you'll meet the Hub World Chicken. In the first game, he sat on a swing and fart out cheat codes for you to use. Obviously, he was a fan favorite. So now, he has a bigger roll - he farts instructions to you. I don't know if it was a problem with the emulator I was using, but the characters were talking really slow around this mark. The chicken teaches us the basics - A to bounce, B to throw. The proper bouncing animation isn't in the game, but the throwing system seems to work just fine. Also, you can't cartwheel like you could in the first game, but you can still slam stuff with your fist. Pressing B a few times turns you into a boxing glove, and you swing in the air two times before slamming to the ground. You can pick up enemies in this game too, so that's neat.

Uh I don't know why I screen shot this one. This game feels like it's been heavily inspired by Banjo kazooie.

Control prompts. I dunno what that building is up ahead, I might check it out later. As far as I know, when rolling an object, enemies can't hurt you. Of course, it would've been solved had this game hit the shelves.

The last screenshot I felt like taking tonight. Glovel is giving Glover a bunch of crap to do, he yells at him and rushes him, and Glover's had enough. Also, the Cauldron can talk too, because why not. I tried to stir the pie in the pot, and surprisingly, it worked. When I let go, Glovel was pretty pissed. Actually, he's been pissy ever since he first appeared. He tells Glover to get out of his business and that he's the only one who gets to stir the pot.

I wonder why.

Glover goes out to get the mushroom... apple, I forgot, and throws it into the potion. Then Glovel jumps in, and bam, he's Cross-stitch again. He took the spell books and fled the castle, pursuing his lifelong dream of spreading chaos across the kingdom. Glover has to get his ball spell, make a ball... or turn into a ball, and save the day again.

There's youtube videos about this, but as I said in my catastrophe crow chapter, I want to look at this stuff for myself, experience it first-hand.

So yeah, that was Glover. I was gonna talk about Vib Ribbon, but it doesn't have a very interesting history. Also, Glover was on a WWE commerical,so that automatically outranks Vibri. I definitely recommend you play it, even if it's hard. Game of the year, 10/100.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.8K 2.4K 35
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
82.5K 2.8K 72
I do not own any of the characters. Y/n are a supe. But not a famous one, that didn't work out. Now you are one of the sevens PAs. Maybe, briefly Th...
63.1K 1.1K 96
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
153K 5.6K 26
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !