Before We Fall In Love

By Exitian

A game of dares between Bae Suzy and Nam Joohyuk. Namzy AU. <><><><><> A/N: A proper Namzy fanfic to those w... More

Chapter 1: First dare
Chapter 2: Skyline
Chapter 3: Like a boss
Chapter 4: Jagiya
Chapter 6: Parisian date
Chapter 7: Safe
Chapter 8: So much more
Chapter 9: Wonderment
Chapter 10: Cold feet
Chapter 11: I love you..
Chapter 12: Finale
Chapter 13: Epilogue

Chapter 5: Uncover

533 30 4
By Exitian

On the way home against Suzy's better judgement she had dipped into a 24-hour convenience store and picked up a copy of Nam Joohyuk's magazine cover. After all, if she was playing a dangerous game with Joohyuk she should probably learn some of his past. Or maybe she was just dead curious about him.

After freshening up and changing into her pyjamas, she flipped through the magazine under her covers with a flashlight, like she used to do when she was twelve and read a glossy magazine without her dad's permission to find out all about boys. Except this time she was finding out about one very specific man and she couldn't shake the feeling she was doing something invasive.

She deliberately skipped past his photo spread and started studying the word heavy article. It started by repeating basically what Gayeon had texted her earlier, he was an intelligent who excelled at whatever he put his mind to.

~•~•~•~•~•~
Earlier:

G: Eodiya?

S: Wae?

G: Are you still with NJH?

S: Nugu? 😏

G: Ya! Remember Ji-hyeon who cursed everyone after not making it to the debut team during our training?

S: Ji-hyeon? JH? Oh is she a Nam?

G:  Pabo! NJH - Nam Joo-hyuk. Ji-hyeon - the girl you spilled iced coffee after you caught her flirting with your NJH. Get it now?

S: Ohhh. My NJH? There's no us.

G: Jugule? Ji-hyeonie asked me about you two! She's now working in a  fashion and lifestyle magazine, said she interviewed NJH last month and she couldn't believe you two are dating! She knew we're bffs so she called me for confirmation. Eottoke?!

S: First, calm down and send me her number. I need to apologize for the spilled coffee.

G: Okay. Then what? You'll admit to her you two are dating? Good thing she's no Dispatch. But Yaaaa! Tell me first!

S: Second, calm down we're not together.

G: Molla, molla. Once you're ready, I'm just here.

S: Kim Gayeon! Jinjja. NJH 🙅

G: You know what, he's such a good catch. Judging from his recent interview, he's a smart guy who excelled at whatever he put his mind to and he's sweet to his eomma which is adorbs. He works like a cow and has a good personality too, he actually mirrors you. I won't be surprised in no time he'll win your heart. If it's not the case yet...

S: Ya! Not gonna happen.

G: YA! HE IS RIPPED. 😋ㅎㅎㅎ

S: BYUNTAE. ㅋㅋㅋ

Just a few seconds after agreeing to Joohyuk's Paris trip offer, Suzy got an unexpected text.

Buzzzz Buzzzz

Grabbing her phone from her clutch, Suzy's eyes shot a look of panic as she read the message.

Suzy-ah! Remember me?  ☕ It's Ji-hyeon. I'm in front of your apartment building. Got your number from Gayeonie. Do you have a minute?

"Why is she in my house? What does she want?" Suzy deeply thought.

Joohyuk noticed with a frown just before she tried to cover it with a smile.

"Wae? What's wrong?" He begged, almost reaching out to her hand but reframing at the last second.

"I have to go. Thanks for today." Suzy gathered her things quickly before shuffling elegantly but quickly out of their private booth.

"Let me come with you?" he blurted before he had chance to stop himself. He was now stood, following her to the exit.

"Aniya. It's nothing, it's best if I go alone -"

The look in her eyes told him he wasn't to argue; instead he followed her outside and opened the driver's seat of the car for her, giving her the car key. "Then take my car."

Grasping at his wrist which sat against the frame of the car door, she looked to him with a gaze of apology and guilt that he had never quite seen in her face until now.

"Saturday."

He nodded. "Ne." With a final squeeze of his wrist she slipped into the black vehicle.

Joohyuk watched her go, knowing that what she was hiding something was beckoning her help and whatever it was, it was much bigger than her control. The look in her parting glance told him that.

Buzzzz Buzzzz

Suzy parked in a dark alley to quickly read the message.

Boss suddenly called for me. Coffee soon.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she decided to send her a quick reply. Well she hope for now Ji-hyeon won't talk to anyone about her and Joohyuk.

She wanted to banged her head on the steering wheel upon realizing of how stupid she was to allow Ji-hyeon ruined the mood with Joohyuk. Although he must know the Ji-hyeon situation, she didn't want to tell him just yet. Not until it's fixed. She felt guilty about it, Joohyuk had to even offer her his car for a non-existent emergency. She wanted to send an apology to Joohyuk, however she didn't know his number.

"Suzy-ah! Eottoke, neomu hae! How could you!?" she scolded herself, sinking deeper into the guilt hole.

~•~•~•~•~•~

Suzy started to skim when the article kept just repeating words like exceptionally handsome and gorgeous to describe him and find herself drawn to the last paragraph which briefly touches on his private life. Joohyuk was an only child and very close to his mother which made her soft as not many men could publicly declare their love for their mothers. She was also fascinated on how he genuinely shared about his family struggles when he was young. A humble soul, she thought and smiled. The article finished by making a witty comment about Joohyuk's work dedication and impeccable reputation as a rising young actor despite his stunning visual.

She roll her eyes, stunning visual - color her shocked. "Of course he's more than just an eye candy."

Suzy woke up the next morning groggy with Joohyuk's lips on top of hers as the magazine sprawled open across her face, obviously having fallen asleep during a re-read. Wanting to make a good impression after the debacle of last night. She take a quick steaming shower, trying to shake off the hot images of him but miserably failed.

_____________

Strutting in from the living room, Gayeon was smiley as she addressed Suzy. "That's hot. Seeing Nam Joohyuk on your bed."

Suzy glared at her best friend before throwing the magazine on her. "Shut up."

Gayeon laughed, having fun on teasing Suzy. "Daebak. He has this innocent face but at the same time he is as sexy as hell. How to have him, Suzy-ya?!"

"Ya! You can have him!"

"Jinjja? I can have Nam Joohyuk?" she teased, playfully raising her eyebrows.

Suzy chuckled. "The magazine, not him."

"Wae? Because you like him?"

"Ah jinjja. Aniya. He's a person, not some kind of  trophy so andwae you can't have him psssh."

"Arasso, arasso. I'm fine staring at these hot pictures of him," Gayeon continued, laughing at Suzy.

"You know we were supposed to do dinner this weekend? Well it will have to be rescheduled." Suzy changed the topic, pulling out the suitcase she had just had her manager bring up for her.

"Wae?? We've had these plans for weeks! What's with the luggage?" Gayeon stood with arms crossed, watching Suzy empty her wardrobe onto her bed.

"Last minute business in Paris." She lied, dabbling through dresses, knowing full well she should have her stylist help but not wanting to make a fuss.

"Well let me come with? You know how much I love Paris! The food, the culture, the men," Gayeon sang sweetly but not quite convincingly enough.

"You know you would be my first invite if it was feasible but it's just not, Gayeon-ah. And I need you here, to keep an eye on things." Suzy smiled solemnly at the mention that had just escaped her lips.

"Suzy-ah nothing is going to happen while you're gone, I'm surely not needed -" Gayeon tried to argue but Suzy's pleading eyes made her stop.

"Gayeonie, please. You're like a sister to me and I need you here. You know things are fragile at the moment. Ji-hyeonie didn't answer my calls since last night and she ignored my apology messages to her. All she sends are coffee messages. If anything would be publish, I want you to be the first person to tell me."

Suzy waited for Gayeon to concede as she stood for a moment, just watching Gayeon fidget with a response.

"Jebal?"

"Arasso, but only because it's you and I love Dezy." Gayeon smiled calmly as Suzy sprang towards her for a quick hug.

"Gomawo."

"So when do you leave? I mean, did you have time to send her another message?" Gayeon questioned as she took a seat on the edge of Suzy's bed.

"Early tomorrow morning. And yeah I did send her to reschedule our coffee date." Suzy brushed away the comment and went to choose her shoes for the trip. "I'm coming right back as soon as this business is tied up."

Black, Louboutin peep toes were a must, she thought.

"Nothing is going to happen while you're away, Suzy-ah. I'll meet with Ji-hyeonie and make sure she won't say a thing. But you can't just leave without talking to her, those messages won't suffice. You know her, she can be a real bitch -"

"Of course I'm not going to leave without a word. I can use your phone for that, right? She answers your calls."

Gayeon nodded.

"It hasn't been an easy week; maybe this trip will be good for me. I may even treat myself to a man-icure," Suzy coughed at the end of her sentence, taking a mental note that if Gayeon ever found out who she would go to Paris with, she could justify her behavior by informing her best friend that before she even left the ground of Seoul, in her own subtle way, she had informed he that a man would be involved in her travel plans.

"Ya, you get manicures and pedicures weekly, how is that a treat?" She chuckled as she inspected Suzy's latest Jimmy Choo addition that had just been shoved on the bed next to her.

"Because it's Parisian!"

____________

"Jinjja?" Joohyuk smirked, struggling to believe what was walking towards him.

Suzy strutted towards him in the VIP lounge sporting a darker shade of brunette wig and huge sunglasses.

"I am not jeopardizing my lowkey personal life just to be seen with you jetting off for a sneaky Parisian weekend." She bit out with a bitchy smile.

"I'm hurt." Joohyuk pouted like a little boy, running his hand oh so innocently up Suzy's left upper arm as she stood in front of him with crossed arms.

Suzy quickly smacked his hands away and scowled teasingly. "Where is your manager? I don't think I see him."

"He's not coming."

"Wae?" she snapped, very surprise. "I thought you have a magazine pictorial, it's an official schedule why isn't he around?"

He laughed at her panicky tone. "Kiyowo!" He couldn't help but pinch her cheeks.

Suzy smacked his arm. "Ya! Jinjja! Did you just trick me or what?"

He smiled as Suzy cutely pout at him. Pulling his phone out from his pocket, he handed it to Suzy gesturing her to read his manager's message.

"I'd love to see his first born. Manager-nim and her wife has been waiting for 3 years for their baby, I couldn't afford to take this very special day away from them."

She gave his phone back after reading his manager's messages to him, full of thank you's and list of what-to-do's. For a second, Suzy felt she was invading his privacy. But she was grateful for his trust, she was now seeing another side of him. Maybe she should trust him too, she thought.

"Mianhae. For doubting -"

"Gwaenchana. It happens all the time," he said smiling. "The maganzine's team will be flying out tomorrow so you're free to remove your wig."

"Shiro! Until we are safely in our hotel rooms or on that plane, I will not be removing these." Suzy gestured to her wig and sunglasses; a fair attempt at a disguise Joohyuk noted silently.

"Room." With a smirk on his face, Joohyuk turned and walked towards the awaiting airplane as their flight had been called, enjoying the sound of Suzy's face turning sour at his addition.

"Mworago? Ya! I don't think so, Joohyuk-ah! And let me make something clear, that's not gonna happen!" She called out behind Joohyuk who was now laughing by the pleasure of her ranting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 574 20
Chief Editor Vincent Lee forces Suzy Bae, his executive assistant, to pretend to be his fiancée. How far will they have to go to keep the charade up...
2K 123 10
Bae Suzy loves her grandfather-halabeoji-but refuse to his plan to choose her a husband. Nam Joohyuk, the intended groom, has recently merged his bus...
13.1K 637 31
It has been a WHOLE YEAR LATER. NamJoon is finally graduating and is on his way to college while Jimin is about to enter his senior year. Despite the...
17.8K 750 38
Basically they hate each other. Over certain reasons, they have to accompany each other. Will they survive and let aside their hate towards each othe...