The Umbrella Academy ~ Number...

By mishamingo27

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual onl... More

Cast
Prologue
We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
I Think We're Alone Now
Little Number Five
What Happened?
Run Boy Run
New Acquaintances
What About My Consent?
The Missing Link
Hello Delores
Season 3
Old Love and New Confidence
Mamma's Boy
Unexpected Visitors
Twin Telepathy
The Silent Game
A Ghost of a Memory
Helpless
Brother Dearest
Taking it Easy
Family Meeting
Begin Again
I Heard a Rumor
Broken Pieces
Changes
Unexpected Moments
Season 2
Right Back Where We Started
Old Acquaintances
Losing My Mind
Quiet Voices

The White Violin

1.3K 22 10
By mishamingo27

The family raced up the stairs of the theater, anxiously awaiting their confrontation with Vanya.

Before they could enter the concert hall, Allison stopped them and held up her note pad.

Ellie and I need to go alone

Allison wrote and Eleanor nodded her head in agreement.

"I can't let you do that, all right? She's beyond reasoning." Luther refused.

"You hear the music? It's started." Diego hurried them.

"Luther, we have to at least try." Eleanor pleaded.

"Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?"

"We don't have time for this." Klaus interrupted as he nervously paced around the room.

"Okay." Luther finally agreed and a small smile spread across Eleanor's face as she grabbed Allison's hand and brought her into the theater.

They slowly made their way down the aisle as they watched in awe of Vanya's playing.

Out of the corner of her eye, Vanya noticed her sisters watching from afar.

"We're so proud of you!" Eleanor told Vanya telepathically, as they smiled at each other.

"3...2...1...Now!"

Eleanor heard Diego think to himself before he and Luther rushed the stage.

Vanya threw them back with ease, as the the audience erupted in terrified screams, exiting the theater as quickly as possible.

"Move! Move!" Diego yelled as he and Eleanor ushered people out of the concert hall.

Eleanor rubbed her head in pain as she became overwhelmed by the hundreds of thoughts that suddenly entered her mind.

"What the hell is happening??"

"Jerry, where are you?!?"

"Where's the exit?"

"This is it. Shoot to kill."

Upon hearing the last thought, Eleanor went into red alert.

"Those guys from the bowling alley are here! I think they're in the main hall." Eleanor told Diego, Luther, and Allison telepathically, not being loud enough to scream over the roar of the crowd.

The siblings quickly ducked between the seats, as they prepared themselves for what was about to come.

"She's stronger than expected." Diego noted as Allison threw her notepad at Luther.

"Yeah, we're fine. Thanks for asking." He said sarcastically and Eleanor rolled her eyes.

"Well, so much for the element of surprise. What else you got?" Diego asked as he nervously grabbed Eleanor's hand.

Allison quickly caught their attention as she silently mimed a violin player.

"No shit, Allison. Tell us something we don't already know." Diego said, earning him a punch in the arm from Eleanor.

"She's talking about Vanya's violin. It's her lightning rod." Eleanor explained, having read her mind.

"If we can take it from her and stop her from playing, we might have a shot." Luther theorized when the thoughts of the gunmen echoed in Eleanor's mind.

"They're here!" She warned as the doors of the theater burst open and the assailants came filing in.

"What the hell happened to Klaus? He's supposed to be our lookout." Diego yelled as he tried shielding Eleanor from the gunfire.

"Yeah, you're surprised?" Luther asked and Eleanor shot him a look.

"He probably just didn't see them." Eleanor defended her twin, knowing it was a terrible excuse.

Before they could argue any further, Five suddenly teleported right into the line of fire.

"What's with all the lollygaging? He asked, unaware of the current danger he was in.

"Get down, Five!" Eleanor yelled as she flung two of the gunmen across the theater.

"Five, what the- I thought you bailed on us!" Luther said, surprised, yet thankful that he came.

"I had an errand to run. Didn't Ellie tell you?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yes, yes I did!" Eleanor confirmed as she threw another gunman.

"This is not good." Five said to himself as he worriedly looked around the theater.

"You know these guys?" Diego asked.

"Yeah, I do." Five confirmed as he tried to come up with a plan.

"And?"

"Well...we're screwed."

More men came pouring in on the first floor of the theater, much to the family's dismay.

Diego hastily threw his knives, knocking three of them out, while Eleanor threw two of them against each other.

"That was kinda hot." Diego admitted and Eleanor let out a laugh as they continued fighting.

"Guys, it's ChaCha!" Klaus yelled as he ran into the concert hall.

"It's ChaCha, she-"

"Klaus! Get down!" Luther screamed and Eleanor used her powers to pull her twin safely to the the ground.

Diego and Eleanor continued to fight off the shooters, while Five used his teleportation to tackle a few of them.

Eleanor turned her head to find Klaus' hands glowing a bright blue as a familiar person emerged from his light.

"Ben..." Eleanor cried out happily as the siblings stared in shock at the unexpected return of their lost brother.

They watched in awe as tentacles emerged from Ben's torso, knocking out the remaining gunmen.

"Now who's the lookout?" Klaus asked proudly as Eleanor gave him a quick hug.

"Oh, hey, I got you something." Klaus remembered as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a burrito, confusing Eleanor.

"To make up for the spilt popcorn at the bowling alley." Klaus explained and Eleanor pulled him into another hug.

"I love you so much." Eleanor smiled into his shoulder.

"Love you two, babe." Klaus cooed.

The twins turned to find Vanya's suit and violin had turned pure white as the theater began to crumble, her power growing.

Eleanor tucked the burrito safely into her jacket pocket as she and Klaus made their way back to the group.

"Oh, welcome back. Where were you?" Luther asked Diego as he stood next to Eleanor.

"Honoring a memory." He answered and Eleanor didn't have to read his mind to know what he meant.

"So, how do you wanna end this thing?" Diego asked Luther, letting him take the lead.

"We surround her, all right? We come at her from all angles." Luther explained.

"So it's a suicide mission." Klaus realized.

"Yeah, but one of us could get through. It's the only chance we've got." Five added hopefully.

"Are we all in?" Luther asked and everyone nodded their heads, except for Eleanor and Allison.

"No, I can't let you do this. There has to be another way." Eleanor protested, desperate to keep her family safe.

"I'm sorry. There's no time, Ellie. If she finishes this concert, the world goes up in flames." Luther said genuinely upset as the brothers ran off, ready to enact their plan.

Eleanor stood helplessly as she anxiously awaited the attack.

Part of her wanted them to fail so Vanya could survive - but at the cost of their lives and the entire world?

At that thought, she realized the inevitability of what was to come, as she silently prayed for their safety.

The roof of the theater began to crack as Vanya's strength intensified.

Upon Luther's command, the men all rushed towards Vanya at full speed, before being suspended midair by her.

Eleanor and Allison watched in horror as they witnessed the life draining from their brothers' bodies.

In the sight of their brothers in peril, Allison and Eleanor's choice became very clear.

Stop Vanya by any means necessary.

The sisters snuck behind a distracted Vanya, desperately wanting to save her, but knowing that there was no other way.

Tears poured down Allison's cheeks as she aimed the gun at Vanya's head.

"You can do this, Allison. You can do this...You have to save your family- the world. This is the only way."

Eleanor heard Allison try and mentally convince herself as she swallowed down her nerves.

Just as Allison's finger was about to pull the trigger, Eleanor had a sudden change of heart and used her powers to angle to gun slightly to the right, causing the bullet to just miss Vanya's head.

A blue beam shot from Vanya's chest as she fell to the ground, unconscious from the shock of the gunfire.

Allison quickly dropped the gun to catch Vanya as she fell, releasing her deathly hold on her brothers.

"Is she okay? Is she alive?" Eleanor asked hopefully as the men hurried onto the stage and huddled around their sisters.

Allison nodded her head happily and everyone let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, thank god." Klaus breathed out.

"We did it. We saved the world!" Luther exclaimed as the siblings had a mini celebration.

Diego embraced Eleanor in a long hug before the two exchanged a quick kiss.

"So, how 'bout you and me get started on that forever we were talking about?" Diego asked Eleanor, a permanent smile on their faces.

The couple held each other close as their worries melted away and they were finally able to bask in the comfort of the other's company.

"What'd I say? I knew we could do it, Five." Eleanor told the boy happily and he couldn't help but show the wide grin on his face.

"Hey, Klaus, get over here and celebrate with us! We can take a break now, we did it!" Eleanor called, but he kept staring wide eyed at the sky.

"Uh...guys? You see that big moon rock coming towards us?" Klaus asked worriedly as everyone's attention turned to the destroyed moon above them.

"That's not good." Luther said, his eyes glued to the scene above him.

"So this is it, huh? So much for...saving the world." Five sighed defeated, his worst fears coming true.

"Wait...no, no, no. We did it. We saved Vanya, we saved the world...this can't be happening..." Eleanor said in denial, unable to process the sudden information.

"If only Sir Reginald could see us right now, huh? The Umbrella Academy...a total failure." Diego said bitterly as he held Eleanor close.

A few tears slipped from Eleanor's eyes as she realized that this was truly the end and there was no escaping it.

"At least we're together at the end. As a family." Luther thought, when Eleanor heard an appealing idea pop in Five's mind.

"This doesn't have to be the end." He announced as a mixture of hope and desperation spread across his face.

"What? What are you saying, Five?" Luther asked, confused.

"I think I have a way outta here, but you gotta trust me on this." Five prefaced, all eyes on him.

"Yeah, I don't think so." Luther said plainly.

"No." Diego and Klaus added, averting their attention back above to the cause of their demise.

"I trust you, Five." Eleanor said genuinely and he gave her a thankful smile, knowing at least someone did.

"Well then, we might as well accept our fate, because in less than a minute, we're gonna be vaporized." Five deadpanned.

"What's your idea, then?" Diego asked unamused.

"We use my abilities to time travel. But this time, I'll take you with me." Five offered.

"You can do that?" Diego asked in disbelief.

"I don't know. I've never tried it before." Five admitted and Diego looked longingly at Eleanor, not wanting this to be their final moment together.

"What's the worse that can happen?" Diego asked and Klaus shrugged, buying into Five's idea, as well.

"You're lookin' at it. A 58-year-old man inside a child's body, so there's that."

"I was a pretty cute kid, I'm in." Eleanor joked.

"Oh, what the hell, I'm in too." Diego agreed, while giving Eleanor's hand a tight squeeze.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm in." Klaus agreed.

"Me too. Allison?" Luther asked and she quickly nodded he head.

"Ben, what about you?" Eleanor asked and Klaus looked behind him before speaking up.

"Great, yeah, he's in."

"Okay, great. Luther, grab Vanya." Five ordered as Diego helped him pick her up.

"Wait, should we be taking her? I mean if she's the cause of the apocalypse. Isn't that like taking a bomb with us?" Luther asked seriously as the siblings gathered around in a circle.

"The apocalypse will always happen and Vanya will always be the cause, unless we take her with us and fix her." Five explained hastily.

The siblings quickly grabbed hands as they nervously awaited what was about to come.

A giant blue orb of electricity cracked above them as Five tried to send them back.

"It's working!" Luther yelled happily as Eleanor wore a nervous smile.

"Hold on! It's gonna get messy!" Five yelled.

Eleanor looked around in shock to find that all of her siblings had regressed back to 13-year-olds, including herself.

The electricity cracked one last time before the siblings were teleported from their impending doom.

A/N: Hey guys! We finally finished season 1!!!

Thank you so much for sticking this out with me and to everyone who has commented and voted, it really means a lot.

I'm still in the process of mapping out season 2, but expect a new chapter soon. (Season 2 will be written in this book so it's easier to find)

If you want something to read in the meantime, I started another Umbrella Academy story. (I'll put a pic of the cover below)

Hope you enjoyed! Stay healthy and safe ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589K 18.1K 56
❝𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙡 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝.❞ Thea Hargreeves had already experienced loss in her short li...
135K 4.6K 25
❝Hᴇʏ, ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ 60's, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏssɪʙʟʏ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ?❞ ❝Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, Iᴠʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ. Tʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡᴀs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ.❞ ❝Lᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, Fɪᴠᴇ. ᴀ...
597K 13.2K 31
"Y/n, you don't have to worry about that. I will always be here for you," he explained. "Thank you Five," I whispered, hugging him. ━━━━━━━━━➶━━━━━━━...
1.2K 19 23
On the first day of October 1989, 43 woman around the world gave birth. This was unusual due to the fact that none of these woman were ever pregnant...