The Thing About Love -SenÇalK...

By DiziFics

Eda and Ceren are best friends. Eda's known Ceren since forever, and by association she's known Ceren's broth... More

Prologue
1. What Is Love?
2. The Set-Up Plan
3. The Best Laid Plans
5. Drunk Eda Loading...
6. Welcome To My World
7. Tell Me Why
8. Alina
9. Kiss Me
10. The Dress
11. Look At The Stars
12. The Trip
13. Room For Two
14. What Happens In Izmir (M)..
15. Shower Me With Love(M)
16. Two Steps Back
17. Stay (M)
18. Make It Better
19. Game Plan
20. The Thing About Love

4. Past and Present

4.8K 259 92
By DiziFics

It had been two weeks since Eda's big social event with Kaan. Ceren told Serkan that her yellow dress had been a big hit, happily taking some of the credit. Little did she know the role Serkan played.

It seemed like Kaan and Eda were properly dating now and with Ceren getting really busy at her internship, the girls didn't come around much anymore. Which was just as well, Serkan enjoyed his solitude.

It was a late Saturday afternoon and he'd decided to stay home for a change, instead of going into the office. Ceren was at work, per usual - her bosses really making the most of the almost free labor they were getting from her.

He was sitting on the sofa watching the news when his phone pinged with a message. He looked down at it.

It was from his mom, she was coming back home - without his dad. Serkan sighed at the drama he knew was inevitable.

His phone pinged again. Oh Anne, don't pull me into this mess again, he thought to himself.

But it wasn't his mother.....

Asli: I miss you. I miss us.

A deep rage coursed through Serkan. Damn Asli! She still had that way of unsettling him. Time and distance had not diminished that. Did you miss me when you were screwing your private trainer in our bed, Asli? Or did you only miss me when I walked in on both of you? Or was it when I walked out on you forever.

The ugly scene played in his head again and he let out a short shout of anger.

He switched off his phone. In truth, he should block Asli's number. But he wasn't there yet. They had history. She's the only woman he'd truly loved. Well...he thought he loved her. He knew now that love and everything about it was a sham. His parents only reinforced the notion. Never again. I'll never make myself vulnerable again, he promised himself.

He sat with his head in his hands, he didn't know for how long.

The doorbell rang and shook him back to the present.

He opened to the door to find Eda on the other side. "Not using the key anymore?"

Eda grinned cheekily. "I would have if you hadn't opened the door."

She handed him a bag. "I just wanted to return Ceren's dress. Hala had to make a stop close by, so she dropped me off. I know Ceren is not here, can you just give it to her?"

"Sure." Serkan nodded. "Do you want to come in?"

Eda waved her hand, "No, no. I'll see you later."

Suddenly Serkan didn't want to be left alone to spiral. "I can drop you home," he called out to Eda as she turned to walk away.

Eda stopped short and turned around surprised, "It's fine, I can take a cab."

"I need to get out of the house. Let me get my keys, hold on." He didn't wait for an answer and Eda didn't protest. Serkan didn't often offer his company to people, so he must really be out of sorts, and she didn't want to push it.

Serkan seemed moody and upset so Eda did what she did best - she included him in her orbit. She talked about school and her plans for the future. She saw his hands relax a little on the steering wheel and felt relieved.

"So are you almost done?" He asked, initiating conversation for the first time.

"Yeah, I'm just finishing up my thesis and then I have to find an internship. I've had a couple of offers but nothing is jumping out at me."

"You could intern at ArtLife." It slipped out before he could put more thought into it. Suddenly a vision of her in the yellow dress passed before his eyes and he regretted it immediately. He did not need more complications in his life. "But I don't think it's what you want to do," he finished lamely.

"I actually know quite a bit about ArtLife and I really admire the work you do. I love that landscape is such a big factor in your designs," she exclaimed excitedly.

"Alpetkin Bey had told me to check with him when I was done with school, but I know he's not involved in the business anymore." There was a hint of regret in her voice.

"But then again, maybe I should look for something abroad. I'd love to work in Italy or London, like you," she added wistfully. "Do you miss London?"

He made an indistinguishable sound, and the air got tense and the ride went quiet again. Something had obviously set his mood back. Eda took in his glum, unhappy face and touched his arm lightly, "Is everything okay?"

"Yes", he said reflexively, her touch distracting him. He followed it up by a more honest, "No".

Then he imperceptibly shrugged off her  hand. "It's nothing"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No". This time his answer was immediate.

"Tamam". Eda didn't push, but she could tell that he was wrestling with his thoughts and it tugged at her heart. He really did looked so sad and lonely.

Instinctively she knew she didn't want to leave him alone. "Do you want to get some coffee? I had to leave home without it because Hala was running late, and I really need my caffeine fix," she laughed.

"Yes," he answered almost too quickly. Anything not be alone with his thoughts.

"Cool," Eda said, pleased. "We can try the new place a few blocks from here. I hear they have some really fancy options."

He smiled at that. "It's coffee, how fancy can it be."

"Hey! Don't knock it till you've tried it!" she grinned back, happy to have brought some semblance of a smile to his face.

Eda ordered an Affogato, an Italian coffee dessert, and Serkan rolled his eyes good-naturedly at her excitement.

He got a regular Americano and she shook her head playfully in disappointment.

They found one of the few free tables at the far end of the cafe and Eda took the seat that faced the cafe while Serkan sat with his back to it. It was fitting - he preferred to shut out the world when he could.

He had fallen into a glum silence again, only responding to Eda's chatter with occasional grunts.

Eda' phone rang. It was Ceren, she told Eda she was trying to get in touch with Serkan but his phone appeared to be off and the housekeeper had told her he'd left with Eda.

Eda hung up and told Serkan that Ceren was trying to reach him. "She said your phone is off," she said, curious. That seemed unlike him.

"Ah. Yeah, I was trying to block ...I was trying to avoid...". He stopped mid sentence and turned his phone back on, "...anyway. It's on now. I know what it's about. I'll call her after I drop you home"

"Is everything okay Serkan?," Eda asked, worried. "You can talk to me"

Serkan looked at her kind eyes and felt a desperate need to share his burden. He'd never told anyone about what Asli had done, and the anger and sadness was eating into him. Maybe if he shared it with someone who didn't know her, who wouldn't judge either of them. Maybe, just maybe, it would soothe the wound in his heart, just a fraction.

"There was this girl in London," he started without preamble. "Asli..."

Eda nodded in encouragement. Her eyes momentarily scanned the room to make sure no one was within hearing distance. Serkan watched as her face scrunched in puzzlement and he turned his head to follow her gaze.

It landed on Kaan whispering something into a pretty brunette's ear at the other end of the cafe. The girl threw her head back and laughed before kissing him lightly on the lips.

Serkan and Eda rose together. It all seemed to happen in slow motion, Eda didn't know if Serkan was trying to stop her from confronting Kaan or if he was thinking of doing it himself. Somehow they both found themselves in front of Kaan's table.

"Kaan!" they said in unison.

Kaan looked up - his face first annoyed, then guilty. "Eda! What are you doing here?"

"Actually, what are you doing Kaan? Who is this?" Eda retorted.

The girl chose to reply. She put her hand possessively on Kaan's arm, "I'm his girlfriend. Although I don't know why it's any of your business."

"I...I don't understand," Eda looked at Kaan, confused and hurt.

Kaan stood, "Come on Eda, we didn't say we were exclusive, did we? I mean we only went out two or three times. There's no need to get upset."

He looked over at Serkan, "Tell her, bro. It's not a big deal."

Serkan saw red, then his fist connected with Kaan's jaw.

~to be continued~

Notes (2021-03-01)

We all knew Kaan would be a douche right? And turns out Asli is an even bigger douche(douchess?😆) Nothing like heartbreak to bring two ppl together.

But is it possible that now Eda might just agree with Serkan's take on love - That it's a sham not worth investing in?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 1K 14
(*lets vote and comment*) This story is based on Sen Cal Kapimi a Turkish series, start from Eda and Serkan were found in a small hut after she's mis...
28.3K 1.7K 18
Fan fiction. Characters based on the turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi. A different take on EdSer.. Eda a coffee shop owner with child longing for...
561 48 16
Hande and kerem, two kids who knew each other from birth. falls inlove with each other and this is the story of how they went from friends, to close...
122K 8K 82
The collection of short stories and one-shots about Eda and Serkan. Whatever will come to my crazy mind at night. * Enjoy! * * * WARNING. MATURE SCEN...