Nothing More Than A Dog

By FallenRayz

Mia is a werewolf, though she is more dog than she is wolf. She is always doing as she's told, following comm... More

Intro
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27

Part 21

8.4K 208 41
By FallenRayz

This is a bit of backstory in Mia's dream. I thought it would help get back into the story after a while since updating.
=

Mia's POV

"Daddy?" I entered the kitchen and glanced around the room, smelling his cooking fill the house with a yummy scent. I took another deep breath in and my eyes widened when I felt tickles on my side then I was lifted into the air.

"Daddy!!" I gasped for breath as laughter erupted from the both of us. When he put me down I smiled up at him with the biggest smile I could!

"You slept in, did food finally awaken the beast?" I nodded rapidly and tried to peep at the pans. I was too short. "Bacon..?"  He leaned down and kissed my forehead before returning to the stove.

"Yup! And even better. Bacon, sausage, hasbrowns, and..." he showed me the small cup and I ran to him. I saw the bread and glances at him for approval. He laughed and nodded "Of course you can, it's your favourite part" I jumped excited as I punched holes into all three slices of bread with the cup, putting the bread circles aside. I watch as dad put the meat and potatoes on paper towel before putting the bread in the pan and, my second favourite part. He cracked the eggs into the holes of the bread, putting the eggs in the basket!

"Daddy, one day I wanna make these for you, they're gunna taste extra yummy because I'm the best chef" He poked my nose, "of course you are, you're the best 6 year old chef in the world, wanna help me set the table?" I nodded and went to pick out the forks and butter knives  for breakfast before returning to watch. "And I'm almost 7 daddy" I let out a huff but could only smile when I smelt the food. "Almost but not yet" he patted my head.

I was drooling at this point before he flipped them over. "Now remember, your friend is coming over, he should be here soon. You have to share ok? He's gunna stay for the day since his mother is heading out on morning patrol and attending meetings again" I nodded sadly, silently wishing I could have 2 egg baskets. I sadly walked back to the drawer to grab another fork and knife.

I heard a knock on the door just as dad was setting up the plates. I raced to the door and hugged my best friend with another big smile. "Josh!! You took ages! Breakfast should be set and ready to devour!" I laughed at him and gave him a little playful growl, now excited he's here.

I looked around for his mom so I could wave her goodbye but she wasn't around. I exchanged looks with Josh but he just looked down and shrugged. "She was already gone when I woke up". I nodded and dragged him into the house, hoping to get his mind off her.

"My dad made eggs in a basket! Look!" We both brightened up instantly as dad was dishing food onto the three plates. "Mmm I'm starving!" His belly grumbled in agreement, I let out a giggle and sat between him and dads chair.

"Hello Josh, I hope you and your mother are doing well." Daddy said as he took a seat. I glanced over to Josh, knowing this was a sensitive subject. He had his face filled with food already but he gulped it down and gave a small nod. "We're doing good". I looked down and picked at the basket. "You shouldn't roughhouse so much, you're too young for bruises" I coughed and almost choked on the nibble I took. Staring at my dad wide eyed. Did he know?

"I know sir, it's my mistake. I'll make sure to stay away from the older kids" My dad looked at him, a sad look in his eyes. He returned another small nod.

I slurped up the delicious food as quickly as I could. The table was very awkward right now and I wanted to go upstairs to my room with Josh. I got up and grabbed Josh's arm, dragging him up too before he could scoop up more food.

"That was good, thank you daddy!!" he look surprised at my rush.
"Wait! My food Mia!" I saw him grab as much bacon and sausages he could while I dragged him.
We got to my room and I shut the door with a sigh. Laughing at Josh's glare whilst he took angry bites of his food. "You better wash your hands when you're done.. greasy fingers"

"Hmph whatever, I wouldn't have to if you let me finish breakfast" He shoved the rest in his mouth and tried to hide his smile on his way to the bathroom connected to my room. He walked out soon after and came up to me, drying his hands on my shirt.

"Hey! You butt" I glared at him and he smirked. Josh went over to my growing peace lily. I found them to be the most delicate and beautiful plants. I kept mine in water with white rocks, dad said that's what mom used to do so I feel like it makes me close with her.

"Does your dad know?" He looked at me and his forest green eyes became clouded with emotions I couldn't read. "Mia" He growled out and I instantly worried that he was having another anger episode. "Did you tell your dad about my mother" I watched his anger grow quickly and he stalked towards me but I stood my ground. I did nothing wrong.

"No. I would never and you know that Josh" He pushed his face near mine and I started to get scared, my body backing up on its own. "I promise I didn-"

"He better not find out or you'll regret it" He raised his hand and I widened my eyes before closing them tightly. Nothing happened so I peeked up at him, his face held shock and fear. He meet my eyes and lowered his hand. "Mia.." Josh shook his head and started backing up. He wasn't breathing evenly anymore and his body shook. I recognized his panicked reactions to be the beginning of an anxiety attack.

"Hold me?" His eyes held so much intensity and sadness that my heart broke. I wanted to comfort him but I was still scared of him. I took shaky steps forward. "Mia please, help me" He began hyperventilating and I watched tears run down his face. "Please!" I jumped and ran to his arms, feeling my own tears beading down my face.

"You are the only one who has ever been there for me" He buried his face into my hair and breathed in my scent as I tried to calm my fear. He wouldn't ever hit me, he didn't mean too raise his hand. He's my best friend.

The world around me began to disappear and his embrace became to tight. I was struggling to breath now but trying to take deep breaths only ending in me coughing. I looked down and saw Josh. He held me up by my throat as I scratched at his wrists. I met his eyes and stopped my struggle in defeat. His innocence forest green eyes were now dulled. The only light came from the anger and evil inside of him.

I cried out and shot up in panic. Coughing out, still trying to regain my breath that the nightmare took from me. "Mia, hey calm down. You're alright now" I glanced around and my whole body went stiff. The Alpha was holding me and running his hand through my fur. I was on a bed.. his bed! I wiggled out of his grip and sprinted off the bed, tumbling to the floor.

"Shit, Mia be carful!" I froze in place. Seeing him standing up in the corner of my eye. He's mad, he yelled. I'm in trouble. Should I have ran? The rules are so conflicting here, no matter what I do it's wrong.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have raised my voice, just be carful please. I don't want you getting hurt. Are you hungry love?" No, I was quite the opposite. My stomach felt like it was stretching and it hurt a lot. I shook my head, expecting it to be the answer he was looking for. "You need to eat so I'm gunna leave the room and bring something up"

He got up from the bed and gave me a quick glance before he walked out the door leaving me puzzled by his response. If I'm fed too much then I'll have too much energy and strength, are they not worried I'll fight back? I didn't have any appetite anyways.

I stayed in my position and watched the door until the Alpha came back. He came in shortly after and was holding a couple large plates of what I'd assume is human food. It was funny to watch him try and balance the plates. I almost chuckled at his attempts, though hid my amusement.

"Alright, I thought I'd bring a good variety of foods that you could eat so-" I watched surprised as he set down the plates onto the floor and sat crisscrossed. "This bowl is a nice, sweet set up with brown sugar porridge surrounded by fruit. Oh! And vanilla yogurt. This one-" I looked at him feeling a bit joyed, he looked so proud of his preparations. Almost like a little kid. I inched a small bit closer to get a better look once the aroma of the food filled my nose. "-has both steak and chicken breast, and a bit of rice."

I looked at the plates and felt my mouth water, my appetite deciding to join me. My stomach spoke up about my desire to take a few bites. "I want you to eat ok? Anything you see here, you can have." I looked at him suspiciously but he seemed genuine. I still wasn't sure if I should. "I promise you won't get in trouble love" I watched him grab a fork and jab a piece of fruit, which he then held it up in my direction.

I made no advancements to try the fruit. I knew this food was strictly for people and not dogs. After a bit of me staring blankly at it then at him, he sighed, "ok I'll try this piece then you try the next ok?" I watched as he brought the fruit to his lips and chewed down on it. "Mm alright, next ones for you love" he smiled at me and brought another piece towards me.

He was a few feet away still so I crouched down and made my way towards him. Watching every movement to see signs of aggression or trickery, but he stayed calm while I approached. I was able to touch my notes to the fruit and I could smell the sweetness. Alpha would be mad, this is human food not fit for a dog. He will find out and punish me more.
I began to back away, thinking better of my decision.

"Please Mia" I looked up too far as I met his hazel eyes. The pine green colour and fresh forest scent cleared my mind of previous thoughts. I looked back to the fruit and gently took it between my teeth. The flavour screamed out and I couldn't help it. I chewed it slowly and relished all of its vibrance.
After I swallowed, I felt ravenous for more food. I glanced up at him shyly before looking back to the plates. I haven't had food like this in years. It was better then I imagined.

"I'm so proud of you Mia, you want more?" I nodded my head and watched as he grabbed another piece of fruit. I was in a bliss of happiness and thought how right this felt.

I had a small bit of everything but I became full too soon. My favourite was the fruits though. "Good job" I saw his smile brighten and it made me feel warm.

He slowly moved the plates aside and reached out for me. I flinched away and lowered myself to the floor. After I felt no impact I looked up and saw his face filled with sadness. It hurt me so much to see his pain. He brought his hand back, more slowly this time while he waited to see my reaction. Do I trust him..?
I didn't think long before I moved my head towards his hand and tapped it with my noes. I looked into his eyes and saw his caution before he moved it to rub circles on my check.

I leaned into his touch and let out a whimper as the intensity of love hit my heart. I crawled forward more so I could rest my head into his lap. He played with my hair and hummed songs while we stayed like this for a while. My eyes grew heavy too shortly though as my stomach felt full and weighed me down. I could feel myself falling into a peaceful sleep.

===
It's been a long wait for this chapter but it's finally out. I loved this chapter so much with Kayden and Mia :) Finding someone showing her so much love and kindness, as well as having the mate bond, would surly be affecting her.

Annd Josh! We can see how Mia was before the abuse, and now we know how close she was with Josh and the relationship they had. As well as the abuse in his life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 146K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...
4.7M 147K 29
[Previously known as Chase Me Alpha. The Alpha series can be found on Inkitt] Keeping a secret that could change the way people think about you is ha...
1.2M 37.4K 36
Carly is just a normal teenage girl who's suffered the loss of her father at age thirteen. With a mother that's gone all the time and a brother who h...
178K 4.9K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...