Crash

By recklessandstuff

Life for Annabelle Carter was pretty great. She liked school, loved her best friends and enjoyed good music. ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
This Is Living (Preview): Chapter 1 ©
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 6

6.8K 298 76
By recklessandstuff

"I may or may not have given your number to the boys." Natasha batted her eyes at me, with a sickeningly sweet and false smile on her face. That smug bi-

"ANNABELLE, NATASHA!" Jay's voice cut through my mean thoughts. We were making our way to the school's front enterance when we heard his voice. I flicked my hair to show Natasha I was done with her.

"I found out how Douchepants Fletcher got my number. It was her." I explained to Jay, giving Natasha a judging eyebrow raise.

"Douchepants Fletcher? It has a nice ring to it." The all too familiar voice slyly spoke. I turned to face Kyle, his signature smirk was plastered on his face. Surrounding him were the rest of Crash and Burn. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed James and instantly my heart rate sped up.

"It suits you." James said, with a slight smile on his face, causing Kyle's smirk to momentarily falter. He probably hadn't been expecting his on friend to turn on him. James winked at me, causing me to blush ever so slightly.

I couldn't explain what was going on in my head. I shook away any thoughts I was having, reminding myself, I was against boybands and James was a part of one.

"L-let's go Jay." I stuttered a bit, then grabbed my best friends arm and dragged him away, completely disregarding Natasha's presence. He didn't try to fight it as I lead him through the school hallways to my locker.

I attempted to quickly take my books out and push away my thoughts of James. I, however, was unable to forget the moment he winked at me, and a small smile formed on my face. Unfortunately, it wasn't small enough. Jay noticed.

"Who's got you all smiley?" He leaned against the locker beside me, his eyebrows raised.

"N-no one." I stuttered again, and unfortunately for me, like many people on TV, when I lie, my voice goes extremely high.

"My dearest Annabelle, if you're gonna lie, at least try to be convincing." He laughed a little. This caused me to blush

Oh my gosh, I was turning into a twelvie.

"Jay-bird," he hated it when I called him that, "I was simply thinking about- Kellin Quinn." I smiled. However, the little moment it took me to think of who to say, did not go unnoticed.

"You like Kyle!" Jay exclaimed.

Of course the first thing that came into his mind would be the most ridiculous and unimaginable thing. I mean, where did he get that stupid idea from? That was a totally rude and offensive accussation.

I.Have.Standards.

"Oh hell no." I spat, slamming my locker shut and picking up my bag. I immediately turned to make my way to homeroom in an attempt to get away from Jay, but he was right behind me.

"Admit it Annabelle, everyone see's it, there's so much-"

"Don't say it!" I turned around and jabbed his chest with my finger in a threatening manner.

"-tension, between the two of you."

At that point, Jay was almost as annoying as Natasha. Almost.

Before I could speak, the bell rang. Jay gave me one last smirk before he turned to the direction of his homeroom. The sly jerk.

~~~~~

The unfortunate thing about my homeroom is that basically everyone had their one seat. It was like their butts were magnetially drawn to that seat. That being said, it was virtually impossible to sit anywhere else.

My seat just so happened to be between Natasha and Crash and Burn.

Joy.

"Good morning Annabelle! My, you're looking down. Turn that frown upside down. I hate seeing my favourite student gloomy." Syco spoke as soon as I entered the room.

It took everything in me, not to pick up a chair and whack him with it. He was too happy for my liking. I ended up just giving him a half hearted smile and making my way to the back.

Natasha and the boys had not arrived yet, so I had freedom to choose where I sat. Thank God.

I sat right at the end of the row, so I only had to deal with one of them, If I was lucky, that one would not be Kyle.

I shoved my earphones in and placed my phone on the table. We The Kings would get me through the next twenty minutes of torture.

My phone buzzed on the table, but before I could reach for it, it was grabber from me. I instantly stood up and glared at Kyle, who had taken it.

"Wha-"

"Relax babe, I only wanted to see what you saved my number as." Kyled smirked.

Again with the 'babe'? Had I given him permission to call me that? I think- scratch that- I know I certainly had not.

"Give me my phone you-"

"Nincompoop?" He said, raising his eyebrow. As immature as it was, I had in fact saved him as "Nincompoop' in my phone. Sue me.

I grabbed my phone from him and sat down, attempting to zone out. That was until, I felt someone sit beside me. I turned ready to yell, thinking it was Kyle, but to my suprise and pleasure, it was James.

Maybe life didn't hate me.

"Hey." He said softly, with a sweet smile on his face. There was something genuine about James. A quality Kyle did not possess whatsoever.

"Hi." I calmly replied, also with a smile on my face. Something about James made me feel happy and content.

"What are you listening to?" He asked, leaning in slightly. I could feel the heat radiating from his skin, that's how close he was. Unlike Kyle, he didn't wear a freaking entire bottle of manfume, rather, he had the most subtle amount of cologne on, and gosh, it smelt amazing.

Had I really sniffed 2/4 of Crash and Burn?

"I-um.. Say you like me." My eyes instantly opened wide, when I realised how that had sounded. "That's the title of the song! I'm not trying to- oh God."

James lightly chuckled and placed his hand on my arm. "I know the song." He smiled and removed his hand.

"I'm not trying to! Oh God!" Kyle mimicked my voice, higher than necessary. I rolled my eyes so much I thought they'd fall out of the socket.

"Shut up Kyle." James said. I childishly stuck my tongue out at Kyle, who did the same thing in response.

"You should listen to one of our songs." James suggested. This instantly caused inner turmoil. On one hand, who could reject James and on the other, I had sworn to myself I'd never lower my standards and willingly listen to the boyband.

"I'd rather not." I softly spoke. I really didn't want to offend him, but it was a no from me.

"Oh come on, why not?" He smiled slightly, bumping my arm.

"You're not exactly... How do I put this? I think- I'm not into boybands." I replied. James completely laughed out loud. I didn't get what was so funny.

"We're not a boyband." Harry piped in. James nodded in agreement.

"You kinda are." I said matter-of-factly.

"Listen to one song and I promise that'll be it." James said. I gave in almost too easily. He put his hand out and I handed him my phone, which was a suprise because I generally don't let people touch my phone especially if it's unlocked.

He opened up Spotify and searched up the band. Most of the song titles were completely new to me, but I recognised about two of them, that Natasha and the world had over played. The poppy 'Neverland' and 'You're beautiful girl' were all I recognised. Even the titles were cliché and over used.

James played one I had never heard before, simply titled 'Forget me'. The song was slow, so instantly I could tolerate it. I will admit, the bass was on point and the drumming was absolutely brilliant. The most shocking thing was, I absolutely fell in love with the vocals. These boys were actually pretty talented, not that I'd ever admit it.

They had probably paid someone to write their lyrics and used crap tones of auto tune. Classic boyband.

"So? Thoughts?" James eagerly smiled after the song had finished. Before I could even think, my mouth was moving.

"This song is amazing! Whoever wrote this is a lyrical genious and I swear I will marry them!" I slapped my hands over my mouth as soon as I had finished talking.

Dear God, what had I just done?

"Kyle wrote it."

"Bull-" I was saved by the bell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I am so sorry that I kept you waiting! This is legit the longest I've ever taken to update :( sorry guys.

But I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know I did.

Are we starting to see a change in Annabelle?
Will this fangirling continue?
Did Kyle really write the song?
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CAR?

Vote, comment and all that jazz. Also, follow Annabelle on Twitter! @annabellecuther

xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562 1 33
Luna hasn't exactly have the easiest childhood, one where she could recall good memories. Only anger and violence. She's angry and lashes out at any...
3.1K 111 22
I wrote this when I was 13 and didn't have any writing skills, so you've been warned. Again this book is NOT EDITED ...
682 16 9
Leilani was ready to leave high school behind her, along with the annoying boy that she'd come to hate due to that one night. But little did she know...
82K 1.6K 35
Add in a normal, sarcastic apparently "different" high school girl and "the" hot, popular douchebag of a high school player, and voila : there you go...