The Light to His Darkness

Od theboywhosabrat

Ruthless, heartless and a man with no weaknesses. That's what they say. Those steely grey eyes of his hold t... Viac

A/N
Characters and Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 24

8.7K 237 49
Od theboywhosabrat

"Amy, what are you're doing here?" Trevor came to my room and asked me.

"I have this important thing I need to do on my laptop," I replied, typing on a document on Word.

"Let it go for now. You have plenty of time to do it. I'm bored," Trevor whined.

"I know, I'll finish this in a minute, okay?" I told him.

"No, no, no. You're coming with me right now," he said, attempting to pull me off my bed.

"Trevor, wait, no," I told him.

"No, baby. That's not going to work," he said, successfully pulling me off the bed.

"Okay, okay. Let me shut down my laptop first."

I walked to the living area to see Stranger Things playing on the TV; Hailey was intently watching it. I sat down beside her, taking a handful of hot Cheetos from her.

"I'm sorry for calling you like that. You were in your room for too long; I had to make sure you're fine," Trevor said in an apologetic tone.

"It's okay, babe. You were looking out for me," I replied to him.

We watched the TV show till we decided it was enough for today. Besides, it's already noon.

"Hey, I forgot to tell you guys. Amelia invited us to her apartment. She needs some help apparently," Hailey said.

"When are we going?" I asked.

"I thought if we could grab lunch on the way and have it at her apartment," she said.

"Okay, then. Shall we go now?" Trevor asked, now changed into a T-shirt and jeans.

"Let us get changed too," Hailey said.

After changing, I got myself a spare change of clothes because Amelia being her, wouldn't stop till she spoils us with food and sleeping late at night watching TV while gossiping.

"You ready?" Hailey asked me.

"Yeah, gimme a sec," I said.

We exited the apartment a few minutes after. Hailey volunteered herself to go there in her car, so we walked to her car at the far end of the parking lot.

Hailey started driving, turning the music on. We were having a hard time choosing where we would want to take away lunch; then we decided to order takeout from The Cheesecake Factory. It's been a long time since we've eaten there, so this is a great opportunity to savor their tasty food.

We arrived there, and Trevor went in to order after asking us what we wanted. It took him a long time to come back, so Hailey and I chatted about random stuff in the car.

"So, how's your new work treating you?" Hailey asked.

"It's fine. No different from the previous one," I replied.

"How is he treating you," she asked, emphasizing the word 'he.'

"He's okay. Totally fine," I said to Hailey, altogether leaving out what I did with the very same person.

"Great. But if he made you uncomfortable or unsafe, please tell Jake. I know that man looks nice, but we know how the public perceives him," she said, sounding concerned.

"I know, Hailey. Speaking of that, how about Jake? Isn't he Mr.Durante's best friend?" I asked her. I've been meaning to ask her this question since she started dating Jake.

"I did ask him about it when he started dating. He said not to worry about it. He seemed not to advance the conversation, so I didn't," she told me.

"Oh," I simply replied. I didn't want to pursue this with Hailey because the last thing I want is to for her to raise unnecessary suspicion on Jake, thus damaging their relationship, all because of me.

We continued having our conversation, now about Hailey's studies. She was rambling on about how hard her third semester is, and she has a hard time studying specific subjects. Hailey is lucky because fair enough; Jake had studied some topics that she did, so he offered to explain and tutor her the things she couldn't get into her head.

Wow, relationship goals.

"I'm back," Trevor said while coming into the car.

"Trevor, can you keep it at the trunk because if it's here, I might eat it here," I said; I was serious about it. I've been on a diet recently, so the strong smell of the food is just too tempting.

We continued our ride to Amelia's apartment. Strangely, we were playing the last letter game along the ride. Screams and laughs filled the car.

We eventually reached her apartment amidst playing the game. Since her apartment complex has very high security, the three of us were checked by the security guards before entering the lift.

"Hello, babes. Come on in," Amelia chirped while opening the door.

We went inside and to the dining table because I was already hungry at that point, and so were Hailey and Trevor. Amelia took out the plates and cutlery, sensing our hunger.

As soon as Trevor set out the food, I started eating. I was practically devouring the food and didn't even leave a single leftover on the plate. That was how hungry I was.

Everyone had finished their food and went to the living area.

"So what's the reason you called us?" Trevor asked.

"First, I'm bored. Second, I need some good home decoration advice from you guys," Amelia said.

"Oh, my favorite," Trevor said.

"That's what I thought. So I bought some new furniture and cute decorations. You guys know that I'm a lazy bitch, so I need you guys' help to like set up everything," Amelia told us.

Amelia walked us to this vacant space in her apartment, which had several big boxes. Hailey and I opened the boxes to see a few unbuilt shelves and tables and lots of decorations. A grin etched on my face seeing it.

We got to work instantly.

Trevor was ordering us here and there. Hailey got so irritated when Trevor asked her to place one object at different places. I did my part, too; I always loved decorations, so I took control of that.

"Amelia! Keep it there. No, no. Keep it THERE!" I heard Trevor ordering Amelia; it made me laugh.

"Wait, you dumbass! This thing is heavy! Why don't you give me a hand?" she asked.

Call me crazy, but I love watching my friend argue over the stupidest of reasons.

"Okay, I'm sorry," he said, laughing. "Here, lemme carry this side," he said.

"Miss. Hailey, what are you doing over there?" Amelia asked Hailey as Hailey came over to me.

"Wow, Amelia has a great taste in this, and your expertise in this is just the cherry on top," Hailey and I snickered.

"Hey, why there's no song playing here? Alexa play my party playlist," Amelia commanded to her smart speaker.

"I was going to ask you to do that, Amelia," Hailey said.

34+35 by Ariana Grande started playing all over the apartment. Trevor seemed to get his mood boosted up.

We went on about hours, setting up the furniture, and decorating her apartment. It was fun and cured the weekend boredom for the three of us.

It was already late in the evening when we were done. We were kind of exhausted but hey, at least a day went by in a good cause.

We ordered takeout for dinner because, let's be real, no one is going to be cooking for the night after working for hours.

Earlier, Amelia invited us to go to the club, which was recently opened by Lockwood Enterprises. She then decided not to because of apparent reason. Thank God because clubs are not my thing. Pretty cliche, I know.

6 Underground was playing on TV, and we were intently watching it. Another personality trait of me is that I am a fan of action movies, especially the Fast and Furious series. There are also some times I love myself a good rom-com.

"Hailey, Hailey. Open the news. Open CNN," Amelia said in a hushed voice.

Hailey turned the channel.

We heard the news.

"Scientists had done some research in regards to the ozone layer of Earth. As you may know, the ozone layer's health is slowly deteriorating over time caused by excess carbon monoxide in the atmosphere. This has caused bad effects in terms of weather, such as the greenhouse effect and acid rain. Scientists have now come out with a research that if many activities that involve the excretion and dispersion of harmful gases such as transportation or factories, the health of the ozone layer can be rejuvenated," the president spoke.

"So, what are y'all goi-" "Don't talk for a sec," Amelia interrupted Trevor.

"Upon hearing this, all the United Nations members had conducted a major meeting regarding this issue. After a long talk, everyone had come to a conclusion about on decision."

The reporter went silent for a moment.

"The decision is that the whole world would be on lockdown for 21 days annually, starting from this year. The duration of the lockdown will be the same for annually, from 1st May to 21st May, which in this year starts the day after tomorrow."

"Wait, so we're going to be on lockdown every year? I mean, I want some holiday, but we need to stay at home? It's going to be boring," Trevor said in annoyance.

"All business and government sectors will be closed throughout the lockdown except important sectors such as the electric........"

"Whoever came up with it saved my life because I was supposed to have a test next week," Hailey said in a relieving tone.

We went about our night after that. We watched two movies before going to bed.

Since Amelia's room is pretty big, all four of us went into her room. We were chatting for a while now.

"How are you going to manage the company during the lockdown, Amelia?" I asked her.

"Work from home, obviously. I need to have meetings every day to update on everyone's work and progress," she said and groaned.

"Well, sucks to be you," Hailey said.

"How about you, Amy? Did Mr.Beast Daddy inform you about anything?" Trevor asked.

I turned to look at him and said, "I don't know, as for now, I didn't get anything from him. And Trevor, please don't call him like that."

I mentally sighed in relief upon saying that because I don't need to confront or be in the presence of him after the incident.

But, that feeling was short-lived.

My phone pinged, notifying me that I've received an email. It was from the email that was created for me when I started working at Durante Enterprises.

Dear Miss. Roberts,

Good evening.

I am pretty sure that you have seen the news, specifically about the annual lockdown that was declared by the UN.

As you may already know, this means that we have to work from home with technology aid. Regardless of that, your case is quite different.

Since you are my assistant, we have to work together regularly. In order for that to not be interrupted during the lockdown, I have decided that it's best to live with me in my place of residence. I know it might sound weird and all, but we are a fast-growing tech company. I need your assistance in a large amount.

Don't worry about your clothes and other essentials as I could order people to get them from your apartment. You will be provided with your own room in my apartment.

I hope this email had cleared some questions for you.

Have a good night, Miss. Roberts.

Alessandro Durante,

CEO of Durante Enterprises.

I was shocked after reading the email. Truly, truly, shocked. This can't be happening.

"What's going on?" Trevor asked me.

He looked at me and took my phone. I didn't care because I'm still in a state of shock.

"Ooh, Beast Daddy wants you to live with him? That's just a dream come true, you know," Trevor said.

"A dream come true? More like a nightmare come true," Amelia said, and I mentally agreed.

"What do you mean? That man is offering her to stay with him. If it were me, I would happily go there just to stare at his possibly delicious body when he works out," Trevor said.

"Trevor, seems like you have a wild imagination of that man, huh," Hailey asked, and Trevor laughed.

"So, that means you can't stay with us?" Hailey asked.

"Sadly, yes," I said.

"I mean, still we could video call you, right?" Amelia asked.

"Obviously," I replied, reassuring her.

"Don't worry, Hailey. Now she says she doesn't want this, but everything will change after she lives with him. Trust me," Trevor said, looking at me.

"That is not going to happen, Trevor," I said.

"Whatever you say, girl. Now let's get to sleep," Trevor said.

We said our goodnights, and the lights were closed.

I was the last to sleep among my friends, thinking about how I was going to live with the man I shared a passionate kiss with for three weeks.

_______________________________________________________________

So, our babies are going to be together for three weeks. Yasssssss. Even as an author, I'm excited for what's about to come in this book. Feel free to add this book to your reading lists so that you'll be notified of a new update.

As for the aesthetics of the characters, I have already posted them separately.

Happy New Year to all my readers!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

53.4K 780 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
22.7M 775K 50
"Your problem is that your heart is too big, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you weak." He spoke in such certainty that it brought tears to my eye...
132K 3K 51
He is a force to be reckoned with. A lift of his finger & people are beheaded in seconds. A word from him & the streets of NY are bathed in blood. An...
2M 62.8K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...