✓ | ODD , ˡᵘᶜᵃˢ ˢᶦⁿᶜˡᵃᶦʳ & ᵐᵃ...

By thoudeathwriter

❛ Nothing... everything ❜ In which Eleven isn't the only mystery kid that showed up but her even odder brothe... More

⁰⁰ I'm a little ODD
⁰¹ The Beginning
⁰² 'Dangerous' Weirdos
⁰³ Operation Mirkwood
⁰⁴ Radio Frequency
⁰⁵ Lost
⁰⁶ & Found
⁰⁷ Spur of the Moment
⁰⁸ 2-1-3
⁰⁹ Saviour
¹⁰ Compromise
¹¹ Memories
¹² How many days?
¹³ Unknown Reunion
¹⁴ Woman in the Rocking Chair
¹⁵ Stars
¹⁶ Blue Skies a Safety
¹⁷ Badass
¹⁸ Reunions & Meetings
²⁰ Tree House
²¹ Starman
²² 'Romeo & Juliet'
²³ Why Lie?
²⁴ All Wrong
²⁵ Save Him
²⁶ Chemicals
²⁷ Hospital
²⁸ Open Wounds
²⁹ I Saved Him
³⁰ His Stars & Blue Skies
³¹ ODD

¹⁹ Watching

7.9K 304 258
By thoudeathwriter

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹⁹ - sɴᴏᴡʙᴀʟʟ

❛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ɪᴛ's ғᴜɴ ❜

He didn't know how long he's been standing here, in front of the full-length mirror trying to tie this tie.

The boy grumbled, throwing the tie-down on the bed and unbuttoning the top button of his white dress shirt, his eyes catching sight of the red bracelet around his wrist.

Hopper gave it to him--El getting the blue one--they were made from Hopper's daughter's favorite hair ties, Sarah.

The boy remembered when he heard that name being repeated in Hopper's brain the first time he met the man, but now he knew the story of the girl who didn't live.

"Hey, you almost ready?"

He looked up seeing Hopper by the door, looking the young boy over.

It was a whole month later after the pumpkin patch and the whole Mind Flayer thing, now it was the snowball. Ven remembered Mike promising El he would take her.

He sighed, nodding his head, grabbing the jacket off his bed and walking out the room with Hopper.

He ran a hand through his freshly cut curls, free from bleach--that he hated by the way--the boy plopped onto the couch, waiting for El to finish.

The boy didn't really want to go since there was going to be a lot of people there, but Hopper doesn't want to make El go alone.

He abandoned the headphones, them and the walkmen going to be tucked away safely in Hopper's car in case, Ven thought it would be weird wearing headphones to a dance.

"Come on, El! We're going to be late!" Hopper shouted, putting on his jacket and grabbing his keys.

The door of the bathroom caught Ven's attention, his lips perking up as he saw El step out, a flowy blue dress ending at her ankles, pink on her eyelids, her hair gelled and curly.

"You look good." he stated.

El blushed under the stares of Hopper and Ven, "You too."

"You guys ready?"

Eleven took a deep breath, nodding her head, the siblings followed Hopper out the cabin.

──

The two looked around in wonder, streamers in different colors of blue hung from the ceiling, silver, and white in between complimenting the arrangement. Paper snowflakes also hung, lights shined bright strobing which the boy tried to ignore.

"I'm gonna get a drink." He said into El's ear so she could hear over the music.

El nodded, her eyes catching Mike's from across the room, making her towards him as Ven walked towards the drink table.

Ven greeted Nancy --who was a chaperone--with a smile grabbing the red drink in her hand, "What is this?" he questioned, never having seen a drink that color.

"Pure fuel." Nancy smirked.

He blinked wondering what the hell that meant before he made his way to where El, Mike, and Dustin were standing.

"Hey, Ven." Dustin bounced, a grin on his face.

Seven took in the boy's hair that stood on its own. "Nice hair." he said, kinda impressed that it stayed.

"Thanks!"

Ven nodded, taking a drink of his red stuff, scrunching his face at the fruity taste, putting it on the table beside him.

"Where's Lucas?" he asked, glancing between Mike and Dustin.

Mike nervously glanced towards Dustin, though Dustin just shrugged, pointing in the direction. "He's over there."

Ven turned around, his eyes scanning the dance floor, seeing a grinning Max and Lucas.

El followed their stares, a glare settled on her face as she stared at Max.

Max felt stares, turning she saw El glaring. The redhead frowned but brightened when she saw Ven standing next to her.

Max grabbed Lucas and dragged them back to the group, grinning. "You're here!"

"I'm here." Ven's eyes were wide, glancing Dustin's way but the boy just grinned, giving a subtle thumbs up.

"Do you want to dance with us?" Max questioned, no hesitance in her voice, gesturing to her and Lucas who stared with big eyes.

"S-sure." he stuttered, looking between Lucas and Max.

Max grinned, grabbing his hand and leading the boys out to the dance floor, the three bouncing along to the music.

Come on Eileen, too loo rye ay. Come on Eileen, too loo rye ay.

Max grabbed the boys' hands gesturing for them to hold hands as well.

Now you have grown, and now you have shown

Oh, Eileen

"Come on, its fun!" Max exclaimed over the music.

The group of three began spinning in a circle as the music picked up, trying to go as fast as they could as it did.

Said, come on Eileen, too loo rye ay. Come on Eileen, too loo rye ay.

Lucas looked between the two holding his hands, his heart beating quickly, though he didn't know if it was because of them or the dancing.

Now I must say more than ever. Things round here change.

Ven smiled brightly, distracted from the many voices that tried to come in his head, his focus on Max who made sure he was okay since Lucas told her about the sensitivity.

I said, toora loora, toora loo rye ay.

Max stopped making the group catch their breath, listening to the chorus. Max glared when she saw her classmates looking at the three weird, her eyes going towards Mike and El who were both hopping around, happy.

"I'm gonna get another drink." Ven said, walking off as the song ended.

Every single day, every word you say, every game you play,

every night you stay. I'll be watching you

"Hey Nance." Ven greeted, making sure to grab water instead of the red drink.

"You having fun?" Nancy rose a brow, a grin playing at her lips, her thoughts going back to Ven's happy face as he danced with Lucas and Max.

Oh, can't you see, you belong to me. How my poor heart aches with every step you take.

Ven blushes when he saw what she was thinking about making Nancy chuckle knowingly.

Every move you make, every vow you break, every smile you fake, every claim you stake. I'll be watching you

"It's nice seeing you happy." the older girl commented, handing a drink to a random kid that stumbled away.

Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace. I dream at night I can only see your face

"I haven't been this happy in a long time." he stated.

I look around but it's you I can't replace. I feel so cold and I long for your embrace. I keep crying baby, baby please.

Nancy smiled softly, knowing it had something to do with Lucas. Her blue-green eyes trailed over to the boy, her face dropping.

Oh, can't you see, you belong to me.

Ven scanned her face, his brows furrowing, turning around, not noticing Nancy trying to stop him.

How my poor heart aches with every step you take.

The happy smile slowly falls, watching as Max and Lucas kissed, pulling back with shy smiles.

"Ven..."

"It's okay." he stated, ignoring the euphoric feeling wafting off of Lucas and Max, ignoring the slight churn in his stomach.

El looked toward her brother, backing away from Mike's embrace seeing the sadness and longing on her brother's face.

Every move you make, every vow you break, every smile you fake, every claim you stake. I'll be watching you.

Mike frowned, though noticed the look on El's face, following her line of sight towards Ven, both their eyes going to where Ven stared at, glares on their face when they see a giggling Max and a flustered Lucas.

Mike scoffed, walking past Lucas and Max, making his way towards Ven who slowly perked up when he saw El behind Mike.

"You okay?" El asked, her voice soft.

"Yeah, I'm fine." he exhaled, his eyes going towards Lucas and Max, seeing Max looking concerned and Lucas looking worried.

"I'll kick his ass." Mike grumbled.

Ven snorted, "What? You can't do anything with those noodle arms."

Mike looked offended but rolled his eyes a smirk on his lips.

"Hey, what's up?"

Their attention went to Dustin who looked between the group with confusion.

"Lucas kissed Max." El said before Ven could stop her.

"Before he kissed you?!" Dustin exclaimed, "You knew him first."

"Can you guys shut up?" Ven rolled his eyes, walking away from the group, heading outside.

He walked into the cold winter air, shivering, he could faintly hear Joyce and Hopper talking in the parking lot. A bad feeling swelled in his stomach, his heart beginning to beat in his chest, terror crawling at his throat.

He had only felt this in the presence of something from the upside down.

The boy's eyes teared up, but he blinked them down, a chill running up his neck though he knew it wasn't from the cold as he heard a static in his head.

"Hey, you okay?"

The boy snapped his eyes away from the stars that were shining brighter than normal, Lucas and Max staring at him with confusion.

"I'm okay." he emphasized.

Max and Lucas shared a look.

Max walked up to him, grabbing the boy's hand, "Well good, I want to dance with you, just us." she said, staring into his brown eyes.

Ven let the girl drag him inside, pulling him to the middle of the dancefloor as Lucas watched from his place on the bench.

Dustin stood by the drink stand with Will, watching the scene with curious eyes.

"What's going on there?" Will asked, his eyes scanning the three, completely out of the loop, knowing little about Seven.

"Honestly..." Dustin trailed off, looking at the small smile Max and Ven share while Lucas looked at both of them longingly. "...I don't know."

──

authors note|

Happy new years eve everybody! Let's all hope that 2021 is better than this year, lets hope things can somewhat go back to normal! I love you all, be careful tonight, please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 331 40
Will Byers hates his life mainly because the one he loves most is in love with his sister and he's straight (so he thinks) Mike has also been ignorin...
6.2K 155 20
"So, uhm.. I got dared to tell you I love you." ✩-.. One Saturday night the party all have a group sleep over but Will wasn't able to come, and they...
367K 14.4K 50
❛ I'll always come back to you, Twelve ❜ In which 011 & 012 find themselves on the run after escaping Hawkins Lab, meeting new faces and finding old...
1.1M 27K 46
. 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥, 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭�...